XSD/XML -> RDB in .Net

Hello all!

Are there available samples or code which can create "create table" SQL
statements using provided XSD and/or XML?

Is it possible to get create table statements from DataSets / DataTables in
..Net? Any ideas how to approach this?

XML load problem
hello, im using VBScript to open generated .XML files off the local file system and do stuff with them. the problem i'm running into is: sometimes the .XML is invalid and contains an ampersand that is not qualified. ex: <FOO>$.01 & Greater</FOO> ....which causes problems when i attempt to load via: Dim xml : Set xml = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM") xml.async = "false" If xml.load(sXmlPath) Then '[do stuff] Else '[report error] End If what can i do? is there a way get back an exac...

Your holiday donation can be a gift of hope to children in need. Get free stuff for your baby when you donate to Save the Children, Please help us with the children----> http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.
Your holiday donation can be a gift of hope to children in need. Get free stuff for your baby when you donate to Save the Children, Please help us with the children----> http://www.hot52.net/baby/1.html ...

XML/XSL #2
Hi everyone, I am performing an XSL transformation on IIS 5 with a dot net application and I am getting the following error message: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'WHITESPACE'. Line 2, position 62. Error Dump: System.Xml.XmlException: This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'WHITESPACE'. Line 2, position 62. at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.SkipWhitespace(Boolean fRequired) at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.ParseExternalID() at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.ParseDocTypeDecl() at System.Xml.Schema.DtdParser.Parse() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader....

Solved Problem
Solved Problem - dotnefx Net Framework 2.0 3.5 not installing in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of ...

An XML question

XML Desialization of array list
Here's a simple example (VB.NET): Option Strict What would the code look like to deserialize this example? Imports System Imports System.Collections Imports System.IO Imports System.Xml.Serialization Public Class App1 Shared Sub Main() Dim list As ArrayList = New ArrayList() Dim out As StreamWriter = New StreamWriter("array.xml") Dim ser As XmlSerializer = New XMLSerializer(list.GetType()) list.Add("a") list.Add("2") list.Add("three") ser.Serialize(out, list) End Sub End Class Peter,...

XML file loaded and stored as cached dataset?
Have loaded balanced web servers that we do not allow to connect to our database. Content is created and pushed to these sites. I want to add a web service that may get multiple requests a second depending on peak access. I have built an XML file from SQL DB and pushed this file to web server. I want to load XML file at application startup and leave it cached if possible (it will vary in size from 1-2MB) and treat it like an SQL table (rows & columns) that I can filter on and send XML subset back to caller. Maybe I should keep XML document loaded as XML Doc and pull my nodes/da...

XML not opening in Word 2003 when requested from IE 6
I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a processing instruction in it for Word.Document). When this file is requested from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003 and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to. However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document. Checked all the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the others for the "open" and "edit" ent...

Extracting XML data to be used in XSLT HTML output
Ok: I have done small level Xml stuff and am just now starting to understand some of the plumbing involved. I've done a lot of .NET programming for SQL Server, but little for Xml data stores. I am currently just interested in using the .xsl file that I have being applied to a source .xml file through ASP classic. Here's what I have: XSL file ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output meth...

0x643 Microsoft. NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
My unit went bonkers earlier this year, and a had to reformat it through DELL. We were able to get most of the Windows updates installed, but this one keeps showing up, and it won't install. Some of my other programs don't seem to want to work right at this time either. Does this update have anything to do with that? Or will I have to have a new Disk sent So I can start over. By the way, The formating disk that came with this unit, would not refor mat. I had to call DELL to even get this far... Is this thing DOA? jzimm wrote: > My unit went bonkers earlier this yea...

How to MoveFirst, MoveNext, MovePrevious, MoveLast in LinQ To XMl Please Help
I have the Next XML var xml = new XElement( "clients", new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",1), new XElement( "name", "Luis"), new XElement( "country", "Portugal") ), new XElement("client", new XAttribute("id",2), n...

how do you insert an element into an xml document with namespace
perfix? <bac:BACnetDevice APDUTimeout='' ApplicationSoftwareVersion='' FirmwareRevision='' InstanceNumber='3744' MaxAPDULengthAccepted='' ModelName='' NumberOfAPDURetries='' ProtocolConformanceClass='' ProtocolObjectTypesSupported='' ProtocolServicesSupported='' ProtocolVersion='' SegmentationSupported='' VendorIdentifier='' VendorName='' xmlns:bac='http://www.teletrol.com/BACnet'> <bac:BACnetPoints> <bac:baseAnalogInput EventState='0' Insta...

Newbie
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C5D3DE.C504E540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I want to programatically create a small xml doc in memory, post it to = another site then capture the resultant xml response into another xml = doc for parsing. I don;t want to save the file to disk, I want in all done in memory and = automatically. eg, this is what I have so far; XmlDocument xmlDom =3D new XmlDocument(); xmlDom.AppendChild(xmlDom.CreateElement("", "EngineDocList...

Problems with System.Xml
Hi there, I have this snippet: using System.Xml; .... XmlDocument doc = ...; XmlNode foo = doc.CreateElement("foo"); foo.Attributes.Appen(doc.CreateAttribute("id", "23")); my 'foo' tag looks like this: <foo d2p1:id="" d2p1="23"/> My questions are: 1. Why? ;-) 2. How can I get rid of the d2p stuff and have just <foo id="23/>? Thanks in advance, Giulio -- On Nov 16, 3:19=A0pm, Giulio Petrucci <faken...@fakedomain.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I have this snippet: > > u...

.Net Mass Downloader Reference Source Debugable Under VS2005
Grab your copy from http://www.codeplex.com/NetMassDownloader/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Home It allows batch download, offline debugging and debug under 2005 for MS Permissive Licence Code. NET Mass Downloader Welcome to the .NET Mass Downloader project. While it's great that Microsoft has released the .NET Reference Source Code, you can only get it one file at a time while you're debugging. If you'd like to batch download it for reading or to populate the cache, you'd have to write a program that instantiated and called each method in the Framework Class Library. Fortunately, .NE...

XML and PivotTables on Excel 2003
Hi, I've got an enormous XML file I'm attempting analyze through pivot tables. For small versions of the file, I can load the whole thing into the worksheet, and construct a Pivot table from the list. But I have a file that is large enough to go far beyond the worksheet size limitations in Excel (64K rows). I've tried loading my XML into Access, but that doesn't seem to give me anything meaningful. (It seems to remove the hierarchy from the XML). I'd like an "XML Datasource" option to Pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be available. Can anyone gi...

serialization of XML objects....
Can I serialize an System.Xml.XmlNode object or is better to use the 'InnerText' method to extract the node defintion? Cheers in Advance Jim Jim wrote: > Can I serialize an System.Xml.XmlNode object or is better to use the > 'InnerText' method to extract the node defintion? You can use OuterXml property or use WriteNode() method or XmlTextWriter class. -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachenko.com/blog Multiconn Technologies, Israel ...

Updating referential integrity and XML
I am trying to use XML to update customer information in our SQL server database. The customer data has some referential integrity. A simple example would be two tables, employee and department -- each employee may belong to a department, where emp.dep_id = dep.id (in other words, emp.dep_id is a foreign key to dep.id). The problem is the customer (who is supplying the updates) has no idea about the foreign key. The XML they provide can (or will have to!) include the FK reference (as I have added this relationship to my .xsd. But the values in the incoming XML will more than likely *...

.Net / report error Urgent
Hi ! I've installed CRM 3.0 on a server containing SQL 2005 and .NET framework 2.0 It is not the SQL server used for CRM. When I try to open CRM it starts ok but with framework 2.0, when I hit reports a reports.config error occurs. I registered .net 1 and changed the website to use this but then the website won't start, it says it couldn't find the web page ? When I change back to .NET 2.0 CRM starts fine but calendar and reports won't work :( Any clues on this ? Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af d...

How can I get a XmlDataDocument.Load to ignore a placeholder "record" in XML?
All, I am trying to read an XML of a set of records (an "order") from one machine and then turn it into a set of records on another machine. But some of the order's dependent records are optional, and I'd like to continue to bypass them when the original user bypassed them. This set spans four tables. One is the header table and the other three are all subject to it. These three are misc charge, instruction, and detail. For any given order, the misc charge and instruction data are "optional" - the order can go without records in them - but an order must have...

Generate XML File from XSD schema #2
I have imported my xsd file into the .Net project, then I generated the Dataset through the XSD schema. I would like to have the following result: <MITR> <DONNEESVENTE> <DVIDCARTE\> <NUMCONTRAT\> <ZONES> <NbSections\> </ZONES> </DONNEESVENTE> </MITR> but I have this with the following code to build my XML file. <MITR> <DONNEESVENTE> <DVIDCARTE\> <NUMCONTRAT\> </DONNEESVENTE> <ZONES> <NbSections\> </ZONES> </MITR> Dim oHDS As...

Creating, saving pages showing xml docs in various sort orders automatically
I can see from http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:6f-yXCR3f8kJ:www.readol.net/books/computer/WEb/XML%2520Programming/xmlproghtml/32ch08b.htm+%22metadata+about+any+entity%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3 how XML is transformed by XSL into a sorted HTML table. That is, the XSL turns the XML, which is not alphabetically ordered by name, into a presentation that is alphabetically ordered by name. What I would like to do, is to write code that would automatically create and save to disk, several different ordered lists pages, each page containing the given xml sorted by a different col...

XSD, complexTypes, SQLXML bulk load: What am I missing?
Hello Techies-- I am reading an XML document with many nested elements. Many of these elements go to such a variety of tables, that I am trying to simply the read of the document by dumping the data into a single table using SQLXML/BulkXMLLoad. I have triggers set on an insert of this table to cascade inserts to the appropriate myriad of other tables. Originally I tried to use simpleType, then I tried to use: complexType, mixed="true" when setting up the schema, but received errors from SQLXML stating that mixed type cannot be used. The bottom line: For every level of sequenced ele...

Is ther a like function RAT() in VBA for Access 2003 as in .net?
Hello, I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. Thanks A Lot. Daniel. What does the RAT( ) function do in .Net? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Something like RAT() Function" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm looking for a function in Access 2003 VBA that would act like RAT() > fuction in .net. However, it must be called within a query statment. > > Thanks A Lot. > > Daniel. instrrev() will suit your needs I bel...

Mapping a datatable column to an xml element
Hi, How do I associate or map a specific column in a datatable to a particular element present in an xml document - to read into a datatable as well as write from the datatable to the xml element? Also, how can I associate all the attributes and their values of a particular element to the Name & Value columns of a datatable - to read into a datatable as well as write from the datatable to the xml element? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. This code takes an XML file with a schema and lets you select the XML file and then shows the Tables with a Tab page for the Data and...