XSD/Schema: Who do I set a default for a date-type element?

If I specify a default value in an .xsd-File like this ...

<xs:element name="element1" type="xs:dateTime" minOccurs="0"
default="2004-02-10T00:00:00.0000000+01:00" />

.... and try to build a dataset with xsd /d Dataset.xsd, i receive an
"value doesn't fit the datatype" error.

I tried already formats like "2001-01-01" or "2000/01/01" with the
same result.
Does someone know the right format?

This is my original file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<xs:schema id="Dataset1"
targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Dataset1.xsd"
elementFormDefault="qualified"
	attributeFormDefault="qualified"
xmlns="http://tempuri.org/Dataset1.xsd"
xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/Dataset1.xsd"
xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata">
	<xs:element name="Dataset1" msdata:IsDataSet="true">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
				<xs:element name="Table">
					<xs:complexType>
						<xs:sequence>
							<xs:element name="element2" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />
							<xs:element name="element1" type="xs:dateTime" minOccurs="0"
default="2004-02-10T00:00:00.0000000+01:00" />
						</xs:sequence>
					</xs:complexType>
				</xs:element>
			</xs:choice>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

Date formats
Hi. A text box bound to a DateField has yyyy\.mm\.dd as Format. Data is displayed correctly but while entering it (apparently) reverts to the computer date format, messing everybody's mind. Is there a way to keep entering and showing date format to yyyy\.mm \.dd? Thanks Henry You need to use an input mask. They are described in Acccess Help system. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "H. Martins" wrote: > Hi. > > A text box bound to a DateField has yyyy\.mm\.d...

Last Balanced Date
Does anyone know a quick way to get a list of accounts and the last date they were balanced? I'm finding myself having to select each account and manually check to see if it is up to date. I would think there would be a report of some kind that would display this somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Skip Skip, I've been thinking of the same exact question ever since I made the upgrade from Money 2004 to 2005. The ability to see the last balanced date across all accounts did exist in the 2004 version, and it was very useful. It...

Set a form as a subform without the Wizard?
Hello, Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I try to follow the Help system procedure it errors saying the necessary Wizard is not installed. Is it possible to do it by other means? Regards, ern. On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:26:16 +0100, "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote: >Hello, > Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another >existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I >try to follow the Help system pr...

Data from .txt file being read in as date, and should be text
I have a macro that reads in data from a .txt file. The data contains user IDs that consist of the first 4 letters of their name and 4 numbers. When names are read in that begin with MARCxxxx (ie MARC1234), excel is formating them as a date, and I lose the original data (even when I try to format them after the import, they are a number and the letters are not there. I've tried to format the column that they data read into before the import, but excel still imports them as a date. How can I make the import be read as text? Here is the code for the section I am reading in data for. Do Whi...

Change Default Add-in Folder
Great Day! Is there a way to change default add-in folder in Excel so in stead o going to the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Applicatio Data\Microsoft\Addins\ it goes to my folder (C:/MyAddins). Thank you. Compound -- compoun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- compound's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38688 I think if you use Regedit to modify this key value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Gene...

How do I set up a worksheet w/gridlines on top only?
I am setting up a spreadsheet w/ the top half using gridlines and the bottom half blank to type in information I need concerning the subject. I don't know how get rid of the gridlines after I'm done wi/the spreadsheet which is the top half of the page. You may be better off adding a textbox (View|Toolbars|Drawing) to add documentation. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6173DE68-1857-479F-9049-A0A072AD537C@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a sprea...

Plot a line? Set dymanic axis Max min
Hi all, two questions: 1. I have a scatter plot of returns and I want to add not a trend line but simply x=y line to my plot (and other equations) Any way to do this? 2. I need to control both my x and y axis, I want to max and min and scale numbers to be linked to a cell in my spreadsheet instead of simply being static values or auto. THANKS! Stan Stan, Regarding question 1, you can add equations to charts by plotting points in an Excel worksheet and then charting those points. For more detailed information, Stephen bullen has some excellent examples of how to plot functions . . . ...

Help With Score Card / Questionnaire Type Form
This is part of a longer post I tried to send earlier. I am building an Access application that resembles a questionnaire or score card. This is occurring to capture data in a database instead using individual Excel spreadsheets as is the practice now. I need help with getting the form to look like the spreadsheet with multiple questions displayed on the screen at the same time. I have created a table, DM Checklist, that contains the fields store number, date, DM category, pt value and question, and score. I have other tables – DM Category Table, DM Category Comments Table, Sales ...

Can I use an industry standard XSD and ADO.NET / SQLServer to output a conforming XML file
We have tentatively agreed with a supplier to exchange order information. The plan is to use an 'industry standard' order schema definition from say www.xcbl.org. Is there are simple way to use ADO.NET in this scenario. Ideally (naively) I would like to do something along these lines : 1. Create a SQLServer stored proc that returns a dataset (or similar) containing the order details such as : select PurchaseOrderID,ProductID,Qty from PurchaseOrder join PurchaseOrderItem...... 2. In a COM+ object (not entirely relevant to the problem, but this is how it will work), I would expe...

Modifying user defined data type
Hi How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several fields across db? Thanks Regards You can't, I'm afraid. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:#IntyI3xKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I modify a user defined data type which is assigned to several > fields across db? > > Thanks > > Regards > > > Basically, what Tibor...

sequential date related question
Hi - If for example within cell A3 the date of 09/03/2001 was entered would it be possible in the cell beneath it, A4, to write code tha would break the date down into parts (e.g., Month, Date and Year) an to modify these parts individually? Therefore within cell A4 the code would suggest that it equaled A3 bu that it would have the potentail to modify its parts (e.g., Month, Dat and Year) and not as a whole (e.g., A3+365) Thus what I would like to place in cell A4 is code that would b somehow similar to the following =IF(MONTH(A3)<>12,DATE(YEAR(A3),MONTH(A3)+1,1),DATE(YEAR(A3)+1,1,1))...

date formatting changes
I have a VB macro that changes all date formats to dd/mm/yy. This works fine. However, sometimes when I go back into my files at a later date, I find that the dates convert back to dd/mm/yyyy. Why does this happen when I have specifically set the format to dd/mm/yy? There are some custom date formats that don't belong to you. I'm betting that you happened to use the same format that excel uses to tell it to pick up the format from the windows regional settings (under control panel). xl2002 is more honest with the way it deals with dates. (I think it's new with xl2002, but ma...

HP Image Editor files default to C:\ directory
Re: HP 3970 Scanner Hello Everyone: Maybe someone here has or has used this scanner and knows the answer. I will make my question as straightforward as possible. Once I have scanned an image and 'saved it,' it defaults to the C:\ directory unless I choose another location. If it is saved in another directory, it will not show up on the image editor so I unable to print or edit the image. Is there a way to change the settings so that an image is automatically saved to a default location other than C:\ or do I have to move an image to the C:\ location each time I ...

Loosing schema information while converting DataSet to XML
Hello, I have a Client/Server system based on a single generic communication method using XML (as done in MS Project-Server or SharePoint-WebServices). To transfer DataSets I'am using XmlDataDocument. This works fine. However the created XmlDataDocument does not contain schema information, i.e. the datatypes of the columns in the dataset-tables are lost. Is there any way to include the shema info? (I cannot use dataSet.WriteXml because I don't need a file or stream, I need a XmlDocument!) Thank you Wolfgang Code fragment: // Create dataset or get it from database DataSet data...

Outlook 2010
I have configured a few email accounts: 1 Exchange (work) and 2 pop3/smtp (private). I can't find an option to set my exchange account as a default one for sending emails. So I often send work emails from private account - pretty annoying feature... :) Please help ...

Is there a particular picture file format type
That works best with Publisher, particularly if you intend to convert the Publisher file to a pdf? Any type that is more efficient file size wise? I'm doing a 4 page newspaper and it's in B&W so I convert the photos to grayscale. Thanks wjhanna wrote: > That works best with Publisher, particularly if you intend to convert the > Publisher file to a pdf? Any type that is more efficient file size wise? I'm > doing a 4 page newspaper and it's in B&W so I convert the photos to grayscale. As far as Publisher is concerned, avoid TIFF and you can't go far wr...

Date and time stamp
I would like to place a time and date in a cell that is only update when the cell that it is linked to is updated in any way. I have trie today() and now() but that updates anytime I do anything anywhere o the spreadsheet. I am using this as a log and as such I want to keep "time stamp" when someone enters their initials. Thanks, Troosh:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com For a possible solution see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "troosh >&...

custom date format mmm/yy
Hi, is there any way in a Report to customize the date displayed in the report to be mmm/yy? Or even mmm/yyyy would be better for me than the options Access seems to offer in their reports. All I see there is Short Date, Medium Date, Long date - they all take up so much space in a densely packed report. Thanks, Harold You can use your own formats In a control's format property, enter mmm/yy or mmm/yyyy or mm/yy For a discusson of the formatting characters, put your cursor in the format property and press the F1 key for help. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Cent...

Journal Settings Won't Stick
Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to turn on journaling for the items in the "Also record files from:" entry. The user can turn on the setting and it will work with in that session but once Outlook is closed and reopened the checkboxes are cleared and journaling for these items stops working. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? TIA -- Rob Anyone have any ideas on this one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob > Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to >...

Setting Split form Window Sizes
I can't get A2007 to remember any Split form window sizes after trying various options for the last 4 hours I've had enough, this should be simple. I've got Access options set to overlapping windows. I've switched off Auto Resize and Fit to Screen. I've tried saving the form after I've sized it to how I want. None of the above works - I can nearly get it to work if I set the "Split Form Orientation" to Datasheet on right, but it's still not how I save it!!! If I set the "Orientation" to below it's nowhere near and sometimes...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

How do I change the e-mail I orginally set up outlook with?
Not sure what your question is. Do you mean you want to change your email account? "Sledge24" <Sledge24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BE91BFB-6A14-40EF-9F0F-203792BEB3EB@microsoft.com... > ...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

outlook mail services by default
I want use outlook for my mails, but outlook express is my mail services by default. How i can restore my outlook in default mail services? ...

How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does .
How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does not work try =today()-1 chuck <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A51D4C3-07A5-48A8-A594-09F51D4B46A6@microsoft.com... > How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does not work Chuck - You will have to manually or programmatically change the displayed date in the footer. There are no page setup codes that will put a different date in a footer. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...