XSD - custom type question

Hi,
Is it possible to have a custom type in an xsd that accepts a valid
DateTime (or integer/double/float/etc.) value or a value of "null"?  I
am looking to define a datatype for a nullable field that allows the
client to provide a valid value or let us know that they want to null
out that field. Can this be done? I have been looking at trying to do
this within an <xsd:restriction> tag in an <xsd:simpleType> element

Much thanks in advance.

0
bzaino (1)

outlook browser question
I just got a new PC with Windows XP Home Edition. After starting it up, I had no problem getting my email set up as I was able to access my old PC email account settings. The look of Outlook was new and I really like it. But here's my problem, I wanted Outlook to open automatically upon starting Windows, so here's what I did. I went into Windows Explorer and copied and pasted the Outlook Express Icon under /programfiles/outlookexpress/msimn.exe into my c:/startmenu/programs/startup directory. This is how I had done this in the past and it worked fine. So, I rebooted to see...

xsd question #5
I am doing a bulk load and an element name in the xsd and xml is named differently in the database. I can NOT change the database field or xml. Can I do anything with ehw XSD? The field name in the db is "CaseType" <xs:schema xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema"> <xs:element name="Cases" sql:relation="PUCCASES"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="NbrOfCases" type="xs:decimal"/> <xs:ele...

Question
I have a typical office network configured under windows 2003 server. If the shared folders stored on the server suddenly start getting disconnected from each terminal, that means that my DNS on each terminal has been wrongly configured, or there is another thing to consider? Thanks JPG Can you post unedited ipconfig /all from server and client? -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Juan Pablo Gallardo" wrote: >I h...

One Element, one attribute
Well, despite reading an excellent article on ComplexTypes, I am unsure on the quickest way to express the following <myElem myAttrib="noMoreThan30chars"> No More than 30 chars </myElem> Both on the string are SimpleContent, right? Thanks, Mark BTW the article is http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/08/22/easyschema.html Hi Mark, The following schema will do what you need: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified"...

control type
hi when im adding a new control attachment into a form , appears some other controls like ...controlname.filedata ,controlname.fileflag, controlname. filetimestamp ,controlname.fileURL etc.... whats all these , r these usefull and needed ? thanks This occurs only in Access 2007, and only for multi-valued fields. The example you gave is for a field of type Attachment. One record can have multiple attachments. In a query, you can get at the information within each of the items in the multi-valued field. For example look at the FileType to see if the attachment is a picture (e.g. JPG),...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Customer List Categorized
I am setting up my customer list and I need to identify which vendors each customer buys from. I currently have 8 different vendors that I have assigned a letter, i.e. A B C D E F G H. Some customers may buy from one vendor, others from a few to all. I want to eventually be able to sort this list according to the vendors that the customers buy from for specific calling lists for my sales staff. The headings on my list are CUST NAME (A1), STORE NAME (B2), ADDRESS (C3), CITY (D4), ST(E5), ZIP (F6), TEL # (G7). What's the best way to set up the heading(s) for the VENDORS for sort...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Custom invoice templates... where are they stored?
I want to be able to use them on my laptop when I'm travelling, but I can't find them on my desktop. And the help is useless here. Also, is there a way to tell Money to NOT use double spacing (vertical) in invoices? It is a huge waste of space. Thanks, Rich -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Hi Richard, Advice for moving the custom invoice data from one machine to another was recently posted on the Yahoo!Groups email group dedicated to MS Money Small Biz. You can view the group here: http://fina...

Newbie Cell Reference Question...
Hello, I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I'm no quite sure what to search for as I'm not very good with excel. I'm making a spreadsheet where one sheet references another. I'll tr to explain this as best as possible.... I'm creating a spreadsheet for a fantasy basketball league. I have "Data" sheet that contains data for all players. I have another sheet "Teams" that has all the players on each team. Column B contains th players name, and column C contains a number that corresponds to th row this player is on in the dat...

CRM licensing question #2
Can one use CRM 4.0 client access licenses for CRM 3.0 Small business edition? ...

Change a partition type
All, How can I change the partition type using DeviceIoControl or some other API call? There are very few partition types supported. NTFS and FATxx are supported, although support for FAT32 has been discontinued for disks, so there isn't a lot you can change it to. The question is far too vague to answer, but the bottom line is (a) it isn't a trivial thing to do and (b) there isn't a lot you can change from or to. Please state precisely what you are trying to accomplish. joe On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 18:32:37 -0500, "CodeTestDummy" <sharp_mind.TAKETHISOUT@emai...

Dynamic Dist List question...
I'm trying to create a dynamic distribution group that will capture all users from a set of mailbox stores except one user and I've got it pretty close. However, at the end of my shell script it prompts me for an OU. If I put in an OU it defaults to only the users in that OU that meet the criteria. Is there any harm with putting my domain name in the OU field so it will look at all of the users in the entire domain? Here's the powershell: new-dynamicdistributiongroup DynamicTest2 -RecipientFilter {(RecipientType -eq 'usermailbox' -and -not name -eq "Excluded ...

Excel question #9
Is there a way that I can transpose the order of the values in a cell? For example I have the values of 10.200.13.1 in a cell and I want to transpose(not sure if that is the correct term or not) the order of the values in the cell so that they appear as 1.13.200.10. thanks for any help as I have literally 4 pages of these kind of values that I have to flip. -- Brian blanktree at hotmail dot com Hi try the following user defined function from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 formulas (great resource by the way): Option Explicit Function REVERSETEXT(text) As String ' R...

Data validation question #2
I'd like to create data validation in a cell that prevents user's from entering any commas, but allowing all other characters. This spreadsheet is exported to a comma delimited file, and extra commas cause problems. I looked at the examples in help, and couldn't find anything preventing a character from being entered into a cell. Any ideas? -Thanks A couple of ways: =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(A1,",")) or =COUNTIF(A1,"*,*")=0 or =LEN(A1)=LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) Fred wrote: > > I'd like to create data validation in a cell that p...

Barcoding customers
-- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs ...

Exchange 2010 CALs question
In terms of migrating to Windows Server 2008, we must use device Server/RDS CALs. When we install Exchange Server 2010, must we use device CALs or can we work with user CALs instead?? On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 05:46:40 -0800 (PST), tom12010 <tlyczko@gmail.com> wrote: >In terms of migrating to Windows Server 2008, we must use device >Server/RDS CALs. > >When we install Exchange Server 2010, must we use device CALs or can >we work with user CALs instead?? Exchange and Windows CALs are unrelated. There are two types of Exchange CALs - standard & Enterprise. T...

i need to host multiple domains, some questions
I need to serve a multi-domain mail system, using only one IS, and each = company users will reside in different OUs in the "root" company AD. now: 1) i know i can add to the default recipient policy the new mail domain, = but i want that each mail domain to be automatically assigned to a user = in the OU(i.e. i create a user, it creates the exvchasnge mailbox with = the correct mail domain), how can i do this? 2) when loging in via owa, i don't want the users to log with the = user@domain of the root domain, each logon should be with his own = domain. 3) how can i enforce limi...

IF THEN QUESTION???
Perhaps this has been discussed in the past. I have 30 worksheets in an EXCEL file. The #1 worksheet is the main informational sheet. I'm trying to obtain the formula that would allow me to retrieve a specific data from any of the given worksheet. Example: If J7 is 2, I would like for the system to go to worksheet #2 and obtain the number from cell d39. If tomorrow I change J7 to 25, I would like it to go to worksheet #25 and obtain the number from d39. Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance, Mike Have a look at the INDIRECT function to create this formula ...

Object Access to XSD created Class Confusing
Maybe newbie question but I'm stumped after much search of google. Last week created class using xsd.exe against xsd file from well nested xml that rendered in part: .... _ Public Class MacroflowCatalog '<remarks/> <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute("MacroFlow")> _ Public Items() As MacroflowCatalogMacroFlow End Class .... I was then able to reference MacroflowCatalog.Items(0).MacroFlow(0)...more depth from here, using Intellisense. In other words, everthing mapped neatly into nested arrays from the xml pattern. This week I'm using...

Adding custom tabs #2
Is it possible in customizing CRM to create more than 6 to 8 tabs? I am creating a customized entry which requires more than 8 tabs. Is this possible and if so, what is the work around. Thanks....Rich Hi, So far it is not possible to add more than 8 tabs. (If anyone knows any solution then please come forward.) -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Rich R" wrote: > Is it possible in customizing CRM to create mo...

Question about XML schema and blank element
Hey there, I'm running into an issue and wondered if any of you XML gurus know a solution. I'm currently using XML as a data transport mechanism between two applications and an XML schema for format validating purposes. Whenever I have an child element that is nested inside another element, the child element must not be empty or I get the following error message: "'Element' is an invalid node type." I've worked around this by adding a filler element as the first child element with junk as the inner text. The error only occurs if the FIRST child element is empt...

Customization Guide
Can someone please email this guide to me, or tell me where I can download it from, I cannot find it anywhere............. andrew.tyler@bigpond.com You're going to have to register as a partner with MBS and request it from Tech Support. http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/partners/partner_initiate.aspx -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "AndrewT" &...

VBA UserForm question
Which property controls whether or not a flashing cursor appears in a textbook upon display of the User Form? TabIndex. Set it to 0 on your primary control. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "K. Georgiadis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18c4001c44bd4$b4c5d330$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Which property controls whether or not a flashing cursor > appears in a textbook upon display of the User Form? ...