XQuery Support

Is it possible to use XQuery 1.0 in a Windows Forms application to read XML
data from local XML document files?

I found a help article referencing an XQueryCommand class and a
System.Xml.Query namespace but I can't find any other support or
documentation for either of these.

0
jb9295 (1)

Jim Buchanan wrote:
> Is it possible to use XQuery 1.0 in a Windows Forms application to read XML
> data from local XML document files?
>
> I found a help article referencing an XQueryCommand class and a
> System.Xml.Query namespace but I can't find any other support or
> documentation for either of these.

The Microsoft .NET framework class library does not have XQuery support.
It has only XPath and XSLT 1.0 support.
However there is Saxon for .NET, an implementation of XPath and XSLT 2.0
and XQuery 1.0: <URL:http://saxon.sourceforge.net/>. So you can use
XQuery 1.0 with .NET, only you need to install Saxon first.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Can Excel support active clip-art?
Hi. I'm hoping to use Excel 2002 as a spreadsheet to calculate a formula (nothing unusual there I know) but I would like to jazz it up a bit with some all-singing-all-dancing clip art such as Flash movies or something. Wondering if Excel does that or do I need a web page with a link to the spreadsheet? ...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool
NewsMaestro 3.7.5 has been released. It includes support for Windows/Linux/Unix. All the class files are provided. Linux version has been verified with Sun's JVM. On Windows, it runs under both Microsoft and Sun JVM. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFSs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed from/to archives. New features and bug fixes: Source code is included. Version 3.7.5 * Fixed a bug introduced ...

MSRM Support Options
We have opted not to renew our "Support/Maintenance Contract" and have received a brochure from Microsoft trying to convince us otherwise. We have had MSRM for 4 years now and the only update we have seen was one done prior to MS buying the product. Anybody have a n opinion on whether a maintenance contract is worth the 18% of the purchase price? I can't find any info regarding updates or new featues. This is buy far the worst marketed and supported product I have seen from Microsoft. There is virtually no info on upcoming releases and no media hype or info. The product wo...

Invest Now And Support Our Children and Our Future!! #4
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

How to access Outlook 2000?- in extended support phase
One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called Microsoft and gone to their online help and there is nothing for Outlook 2000. How do I get all the emails and folders stored in my Outlook? "Jerseygirl" <Jerseygirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568F0FE0-EB59-4500-980C-0CA22289683E@microsoft.com... > One day when attempting to access Outlook 2000 I received an error message > that says it has entered its extended support phase. I have called &g...

error C4430: missing type specifier
Hi, I have a compile error like this: error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int Could any body tell me the root cause for this error, thanks a lot! -ja I can't help but think this error is associated with some line in your source code. How can we tell you what's wrong without seeing that line? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "ja" <josndrsn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Oxz1kWN8GHA.1496@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a compile error like this:...

Sent to printer
I am using Excel 2000 with my PC witch runs Windows XP SP1. I keep getting this error message. Sent to printer - Resolution not supported. I am baffeled as to whats wrong. I print good all the time. Incidently, I have a P4 2.4gHz processor with an ASUS P4GE-MX mobo. I have 512 G of memory. HELP ME. ...

Test mail by Support Team. Please ignore -
Test mail by Support Team. Please ignore - 17th Mar 2010 "durairaj" <v-dupill@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3QCFhEjxKHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl... > Test mail by Support Team. Please ignore - 17th Mar 2010 Doesn't the "Support Team" know to use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for test posts? -- Brian Cryer www.cryer.co.uk/brian In article <uHvKYZoxKHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, not.here@localhost says... > > "durairaj" <v-dupill@microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:3Q...

Is CRM Sales for Outlook supported with Outlook 2003
Is CRM Sales for Outlook supported with Outlook 2003? thanks, \Matt Yes "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OEb43OOnEHA.2616@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is CRM Sales for Outlook supported with Outlook 2003? > > > > thanks, > > \Matt > > When I try to run the install for CRM sales for Outlook I get the following error message: Either there is no default mail client of the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client. I am run...

Export html page to Excel
After a html page is exported to Excel, if we try to save the file, a folder is automatically created at the same location with the name of the file suffixed with "_files" and contains filelist.xml and image001.emz files. Documentation says the following " When you publish an Excel workbook or worksheet as a Web page, Excel creates a supporting folder named "filename_ files" where it saves all the page's supporting files— such as bullets, background textures, and graphics. For example, if your file is named Page1.htm, Excel creates a subfolder named "...

How to Add MFC Support to "ATL Service (EXE)"
Hi, I have an ATL Project created as "Service (EXE)" The attributed check box was selected when the Project was created. Now,I want to add MFC support to this ATL Service. I have tried the KB Article:Q173974. Does not work for me. Please dont advise me not to use MFC. Any help in this regard, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Suze ...

Money 2005: Citibank Supported???
I want to try Money 2005 as a current Quicken 2004 user, but I have always avoided doing it because 100% of my banking is with Citibank, which Money has only supported with one way downloads. I want to be able to have FULLY automated, two way downloads... something Quicken 2004 mostly supports with Citibank. My understanding is Money 2005 nearly doubles the abilities of the program to work with banks... I am hoping someone can confirm that much improved downloading works with Citibank... Any info? What do you mean by "two way" downloads? -- Michael Gordon MVP "saabc...

Greek Language Support
I am running MS Office 2004 for Mac on OS X 10.4.8. Where can I download Greek Spell Check & Grammar? Thanks You can't. You have to buy a Greek version of the software. See here: http://www.microsoft.com/hellas/ I think you will need to run the Windows version of Word to get Greek language support. On 11/2/07 5:03 PM, in article 1171173820.677026.326940@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com, "self111@optusnet.com.au" <self111@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > I am running MS Office 2004 for Mac on OS X 10.4.8. > Where can I download Greek Spell Check & Grammar? > Th...

Support for SQL Server sp4
Is Microsoft CRM support on service pack 4 of SQL Server? Right now I'm on sp 3a but there are some fixes in sp4 I believe I need. -- Nick yes sql2000 sp4 is supported -- Bullitt Fitzhugh Integrated Business Systems www.ib-systems.com "Nick" wrote: > Is Microsoft CRM support on service pack 4 of SQL Server? Right now I'm on > sp 3a but there are some fixes in sp4 I believe I need. > > -- > Nick Thanks for the response. Really appreciated. :-) -- Nick "Bullitt Fitzhugh" wrote: > yes sql2000 sp4 is supported > -- > Bullitt F...

Microsoft Office Outlook and newsgroup support
Why, oh why can't we get Outlook with a newsgroup reader? I found on the Web, that there is a download for adding newsgroup support, but the cost is quite high. So, why then can you get Outlook Express, or as in my case, Microsoft Live Mail, which are free programs from MS, with newsgroup access? It seems funny to me that Outlook, bundled with Office makes you pay additional money just to add this feature. It just doesn't make sense. You can use ANY FREE newsreader you want. Nobody is making you pay anything. Tom C wrote: > Why, oh why can't we get Out...

Support for RSS (Newsfeeds) direct in IE and Outlook Express / Outlook
Hi Microsoft, when will you provide RSS newsfeeds direct in the Outlook products? And until that, which newsreader to use ? /Stig Hi, I am not sure when will MS provide the functionality. I am using NewsGator (www.newsgator.com) -- Regards, Peter Jausovec (http://blog.jausovec.net) "Stig Nielsen" <stig@easy-it.dk> je napisal v sporocilo news:O9Y5pHU5EHA.1564@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl ... > Hi > > Microsoft, when will you provide RSS newsfeeds direct in the Outlook > products? > > And until that, which newsreader to use ? > > /Stig There is alre...

Object does not support this function????????
I have a report off of a crosstab_query that picks dates from a table to match with names in another table. The query works, the report works...to an extent. I read here in another post how to change the forecolor and backcolor w/VBS. On my computer at home it works. On my computer at work, I get the error above. I have kept the db's in Access2k because of the different versions of Access on my Network. I use both Access2k and Access2007 at home and work. Help Please this report is critical to our certification to continue to be open(treatment facility). I forgot to put my co...

Does the Encoding class support ISO-2022-xx to Unicode conversion?
I'm looking for some means to convert ISO-2022-xx encoded textual data to Unicode. Is there some mechanism in .NET to do this? The Encoding class looks promisiing. Confirmed. Encoding class will easily convert from ISO-2022-xx to Unicode. Here's a code snippit demonstrating the basic operation: (note: second attempt to post. First attempt ended up in some indeterminant failure wherein IE was hung) namespace TestIsoToUnicode { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { // Starting string, a name of a file in Japanese as exp...

Does Money Support INternet update from TD Bank ?
I just installed Money 2004. I want to setup direct Internet update from TD Bank, I don't see it under customize updates. Does TD Bank support direct Internet downloads ? If so, how can I find out? If not, which banks in Canada support direct Internet Download ? Thanks There are no banks in Canada which support it right now as far as I know. They are all web-connect... it had something to do with some earlier banking law I think. I know that Quicken XG (CDN) boasted that is supported direct download (with the caveat that the bank had to support it). When I called the rep he said t...

Which api software does RMS support for EBT and debit via IP?
I'm looking for an after market credit card software that supports credit, EBT, pin based debit right from the register, Using Visanet/Vital, other than the default Citibank integrated software, which is proprietary. PCCharge as an example requires the use of an alt tab/macro keyboard configuration to lauch and process directly through the API type software, which is counter productive. If Datacap's software is compatible, which configuration would we choose in RMS to connect with the residing Datacap software via IP to Visanet? Thanx TPI Software has a RMS add-on that does ...

How is fastest way to construct an XML node then a bunch of slow xquery
How is fastest way to construct an XML node then a bunch of slow xquery modify statements? This SQL Server 2005 logic is rather slow to simply add a new item to an xml document. Any way to do this all in one statement and faster for creating a new node without having to re-select to set the attribute values? set @currentItems.modify('insert <Item></Item> as first into (/Items/ParentItem[(@id=sql:variable("@parentItemID"))])[1]') set @currentItems.modify('insert (attribute id {sql:variable("@itemID")}, attribute length {sql:variable("@metadataL...

Support for Windows Vista
I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective April 13, 2009. I hope this is not true since it means that system updates will be discontinued and Windows Essentials will no longer provide security for this Windows application. What can you tell me about this? Thanks, Gene L. "Gene L." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:2EBE3AF5-8746-491D-A95B-D534B33B569E@microsoft.com... > I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective > April 13, 2009. > > I hope this is not true sin...

whats the hold up on 64x support?
Why no support for 64 bit? Is this something Microsoft is working on...or will Dynamics ever be supported under a 64 bit OS (i'm aware that the SQL database can be ran on a 64bit os/SQL server) According to KB 918983 it will work on 9 now but not 10. Makes sense. ...

Conversion of MFC to support Managed Extensions!
Hello, Iam trying to support Managed Classes for my MFC application . If I set this to support managed extensions I get the following, If I dont everthing builds successfully. Any help will be greatly appreciated. jay Error 7 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl std::_Debug_message(wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?_Debug_message@std@@$$FYAXPB_W0I@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::_Iterator_base::_Orphan_me(void)" (?_Orphan_me@_Iterator_base@std@@$$FQAEXXZ) ARXMAIN.obj Error 6 ...

FindFirstChangeNotification is complicated but supports all versions of Windows
I've found "SHChangeNotifyRegister" and "ReadDirectoryChangesW" are more powerful than "FindFirstChangeNotification". However, they support restricted versions of Windows. Is there any API supports all versions of Windows and powerful than "FindFirstChangeNotification"? ...