XPath problem #3

Hi all,

How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes?

descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo]

Here's how it's called on the document root node:

XmlNodeList list = m_xmlDoc.DocumentElement.SelectNodes(sXPathExpression);
Here's the XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Deal BPApplication="WCC"
xmlns="http://tempuri.org/TestWCDealSchema.xsd"><Applicants><SignerInfo
ApplicantType=""><FirtName /><MiddleName /><LastName /><SSN
/><Adress><Street /><City /><State /><Zip /><Country
/></Adress><ContactInfo><PrimaryHomePhone /><SecondaryHomePhone
/><PrimaryWorkPhone /><SecondaryWorkPhone /><MobilPhone /><FaxPhone
/><EmailAdress
/></ContactInfo><YrsCreditBureau>0.00</YrsCreditBureau><Install_Balance>0.00
</Install_Balance><Revolving_Balance>0.00</Revolving_Balance><RevolvingAvail
>0.00</RevolvingAvail><RepoAutoLoss>0.00</RepoAutoLoss><Now_DelDrg>0.00</Now
_DelDrg><Ch7last5yrs>false</Ch7last5yrs><CustOwnsHome>false</CustOwnsHome><F
ICOScore>0.00</FICOScore><WestlakeReferral>false</WestlakeReferral><YrsOnPre
sentJob>0.00</YrsOnPresentJob><GrossMonthlyIncome>0.00</GrossMonthlyIncome><
RentMortgage>0.00</RentMortgage><OtherBureauDebts>0.00</OtherBureauDebts><Ph
UtlChcknginName>false</PhUtlChcknginName><SpousePrtnr>false</SpousePrtnr></S
ignerInfo><CosignerInfo ApplicantType=""><FirtName /><MiddleName /><LastName
/><SSN /><Adress><Street /><City /><State /><Zip /><Country
/></Adress><ContactInfo><PrimaryHomePhone /><SecondaryHomePhone
/><PrimaryWorkPhone /><SecondaryWorkPhone /><MobilPhone /><FaxPhone
/><EmailAdress
/></ContactInfo><YrsCreditBureau>0.00</YrsCreditBureau><Install_Balance>0.00
</Install_Balance><Revolving_Balance>0.00</Revolving_Balance><RevolvingAvail
>0.00</RevolvingAvail><RepoAutoLoss>0.00</RepoAutoLoss><Now_DelDrg>0.00</Now
_DelDrg><Ch7last5yrs>false</Ch7last5yrs><CustOwnsHome>false</CustOwnsHome><F
ICOScore>0.00</FICOScore><WestlakeReferral>false</WestlakeReferral><YrsOnPre
sentJob>0.00</YrsOnPresentJob><GrossMonthlyIncome>0.00</GrossMonthlyIncome><
RentMortgage>0.00</RentMortgage><OtherBureauDebts>0.00</OtherBureauDebts><Ph
UtlChcknginName>false</PhUtlChcknginName><SpousePrtnr>false</SpousePrtnr></C
osignerInfo></Applicants><Vehicle><ModelYr>0.00</ModelYr><BBook>0.00</BBook>
<Mileage>0.00</Mileage><Class>0.00</Class><Engine>false</Engine><Trans>false
</Trans><AirCond>false</AirCond><Upholst>false</Upholst><Dash>false</Dash><P
aint>false</Paint><FrntDmg>false</FrntDmg><RearDmg>false</RearDmg><OthDmg>fa
lse</OthDmg></Vehicle><DealParameters><Reason
/><CustChk>0.00</CustChk><CheckTo>0.00</CheckTo><Payoff>0.00</Payoff><Other>
0.00</Other><Title>0.00</Title><Ins>false</Ins><APR>0.00</APR><PymtsTerm>0.0
0</PymtsTerm><LoanFee>0.00</LoanFee><ReasonFull
/><SubTotal>0.00</SubTotal><InsAmount>0.00</InsAmount><AmtFinan>0.00</AmtFin
an><FinanceCharge>0.00</FinanceCharge><Pymts>0.00</Pymts><MAXOKTOFIN>0.00</M
AXOKTOFIN><CustFactor>0.00</CustFactor><StructOK>false</StructOK><AmtFinOK>f
alse</AmtFinOK><Hint /></DealParameters></Deal>

Thanks a lot!

--Ader.

P.S.

Sorry, I think outlook express messed up the xml when pasted.

0
none2289 (5)

gonzalez wrote:

> How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes?
>
> descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo]

That's sort of weird expression, but it should work though. What do you
want to select actually? If you want to select an element which has
SignerInfo child, use descendant::*[SignerInfo], if you want to select
SignerInfo element at any level, use descendant::SignerInfo.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

I know the expression can be specified in a simpler way,  but the problem I
have is that even  the
expressions you suggested don't work with XPath on .net 1.1 and the _xml
document that I included_.

If I use the same code against a different xml document (i.e. one formatted
like an XmlDataDocument)
then those expressions work.  So I was wondering if there is a
problem/limitation with .net 1.1 XPath support?

Thanks,
--Ader.

"Oleg Tkachenko [MVP]" <oleg@NO!SPAM!PLEASEtkachenko.com> wrote in message
> gonzalez wrote:
>
> > How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes?
> >
> > descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo]
>
> That's sort of weird expression, but it should work though. What do you
> want to select actually? If you want to select an element which has
> SignerInfo child, use descendant::*[SignerInfo], if you want to select
> SignerInfo element at any level, use descendant::SignerInfo.
>
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
> http://blog.tkachenko.com

0
none2289 (5)

Exchange problems after reboot
Hello! I'm having trouble with Exchange 2003 (Ex2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 2003 SP). Every time after reboot Exchange don't start correctly. I have a "8231 MSExchangeAL" and "8247 MSExchangeAL" errors in application log. Also the Exchange Information Store fails during startup and the Exchante MTA Stacks too. After reboot when I log on to server I can start those two services manualy and everything runs fine, so I'm little (or much) confused. I didn't have problems with reboots before. I have checked KB 27529, KB 286356 and few others and ...

linking cells #3
I have a calendar created in Excel - each sheet is a new month that contains the following information: the last week of the previous month, the current month, and the first week of the next month. I would like to link the cells from the "overlapping" weeks, but I do not want the "0" to show up in the cells. Is there any way to prevent this? Thanks in advance! Paula Either choose not to show zero values through Tools>Options>View or trap the zero and turn to a blank-looking character. =IF(sheet1!A1="","",sheet1!A1) Gord Dibben Excel M...

BP 3.0 pre-installation question
I am very embarrassed to ask this, but I have not found the correct way to do set up the Business Portal domain user account. In short, I have a domain called MYDOM. I have an SBS 2003 machine called PDC I have the Business Portal machine called TESTBED (running Server 2003). I hav no problems creating the domain user account "bportal", but how do I give that account admin privileges on specirfically on TESTBED? It is not like XP pro where I can add the domain account to te local users accounts and give it admin rights. It seems that this should not be an utter brick wall, ...

Printer problem when OPENING reports
Access 2002. Opening a database from another user's machine, and when trying to open up a report, a dlg comes up saying that the printer doesn't exist. The printer it lists, is the one that I was hooked up to on my machine when I last printed the report. The person has his own printer, why wouldn't it just print to that printer. I don't have any code or settings that I know of that have made the report do that. That seems like me sending a word doc, and when you open it up, it says MY printer is not available. Of course not, you'd be printing it on YOUR printer....

PC Charge Problem
We have been having a problem with double charging in some instances. We swipe the card and the PC Charge processing screen gets hung up waiting. Sometimes it cancels itself, sometimes it takes a while and we need to cancel it. We then reswipe and it goes through. What ends up happening is that sometimes the first swipe ends up getting charged to the customers account, but does not get registered as a sale on RMS (the second swipe does). Then, once the customer gets their bill and notices the double charge, I need to refund the card, and this gets relected in my sales on RMS. Has ...

CRM 3.0 not routing incoming emails
The router logs on the Exchange server show this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMExRouter Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 10/10/2006 Time: 3:48:39 PM User: N/A Computer: TARARI-EXCH Description: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying before delivery message: RE: Tarari Issue in mailbox: crmemail failed (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream,...

Matrix Problem
I was trying to match a matrix division, that was written in another code. Matrix A = 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1000 100 10 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 100 10 1 0 0 0 0 4096 256 16 1 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 300 20 1 0 -300 -20 -1 0 0 0 0 0 768 32 1 0 60 2 0 0 -60 -2 0 0 Matrix B = 0.11413125 0.30555 0.30555 0.425 0.0085625 0 0.019908333 0 Matrix C = -0.000135571 0.003038657 0.002891898 0.108336265 8.5706E-05 -0.003599653 0.069275 -0.112940741 The calculation that I am looking at has Matrix B / Matrix A = Matrix C I was trying to use a function in excel to match matrix C, but I have been unable to do this...

Problem w/MathType and KaleidaGraph embedded objects
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having trouble with embedded objects Word 2008 from either of the above programs. Note that I do not have problems with embedded objects created with Office applications such as Excel. I'm not sure about other applications. Here is what happens: If I open a Word Document created with either Word 2003 or Word 2007 on windows that contains an embedded MathType equation or Kaleidagraph graph, when I double click to open it with Word 2008 I get an error that says "Word is unable to locate the server application...

Excel Formulae #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Send/Receive problems #3
When using MS outlook for my mail I'm unable to send/receive, as soon as I hit the 'send/receive' tab I get a message in the bottom bar saying 'Mail Delivery complete' with the animated envelopes. If I am sending an e-mail, it goes straight to the outbox, and stays there. I have checked all my settings, and have used 'detect and repair' but this has not helped. Please can anyone help? Thanks The majority of the time that this error occurs is when the mail server settings are correct but it is not recognizing your user name or password. The second and m...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #3
Whenever I start EXCEL 2000 I get the following msg. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 018f:3001de79. Registers: EAX=900a0154 CS=018f EIP=3001de79 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00100000 SS=0197 ESP=0062eb5c EBP=0062ebf0 ECX=0000c630 DS=0197 ESI=50020044 FS=0ebf EDX=30021a90 ES=0197 EDI=300378d4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f bf 04 c5 aa df 01 30 89 45 dc 8d 45 e4 50 e8 Stack dump: 50020044 006b76e4 006b7608 006b7608 0062ebf0 006b7608 006b76e4 006b7608 0062eb54 3001dcc3 00000000 bff728a2 bff54f53 1294bb9c ad4c17af 12990002 I had reinstalled and repaired several times but it does n...

Exchange2K problem
Hi, I try in a new threat: I have two different lan/wan�s (and two different domaine�s). Domaine1 cannot recieve mail from Domaine2 - there is no problem the other way. Domaine1 can send mails to Domaine2 but Domaine1 cannot recieve any answers from Domaine2. There is also the same problem from two other domains: Domaine1 cannot recive mails from these two. If there more Domains with problems - I dont know. BUT: Domaine1 can recieve mails from everybody else with no problems. I cannot telnet from Domaine2 to Domaine1 port 25 - no connection can be obtained. No problem to telnet from Domai...

Weird problem -- formulas get lost but their values stay in place
I have a client who uses Excel files that link out to other excel files. The formulas in the "main" file calculate from data in the linked files. So, the formula is in the main file. When they close the main file and re-open it, the formulas are gone, but the last calculated value remains. Does anyone have an idea why this would happen? Thanks, Bill One way might be because a "Before Save" or "Before Close" Macro is doing a Copy > Paste special > Values........ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Bill" <bdotson@gmail.com> wrote in message...

Migrate Contact Address Data from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
We are upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In order to migrate the existing data, we are using the CRM web services (in "../crmservice.asmx"). CRM 1.2 stores the contact data in the ContactBase table; I create a data source, create an instance of the "contact" object from the CRM web service, set each of the contact properties from the field values in the DataRows of the DataSet source, and then use the contact object's Create() method to add each contact to the CRM 3.0 database -- all of this works very well. However, CRM 1.2 stores the contact's address d...

oulook calendar problems
When I schedule meetings using oulook 2002 for eg at 10am the receipients are getting invitations for incorrect hours. This could be 11am instead 10 am. The computer time and the time zones are correct. Can someone please help? Daylight Savings Time match in Outlook and Control Panel? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, babu datt asked: | When I schedu...

XML serialization problem #2
Hi all, I'm a .NET beginner and I've got a problem on a program where I try to do an XML serialization. I get the following error : "An unmanaged exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occured in mscorlib.dll Additonal information : the file or asssembly named n9gu4-bo.dll or one of its dependencies cannot be found" Here is the code : (I've uploaded the complete project at this url http://netorld.free.fr/Interface2.zip) public class Form1 : System.Windows.Forms.Form { .... .... public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); try { TextReader reade...

excel find problems
I have a database in excel with 4 sheets. When I want to conduct a search, it only searches the active sheet. Therefore I have to select each sepearte sheet and carry out 4 individual searches. Is there any way to search all sheets at once? If there is not, I am aware I can create a user form and use the approproate syntax to conduct my required search. However this will take me a long time. If there is an easier apprach then please let me know. Regards camron What version of excel? How are you searching? In later versions of Excel, you can select multiple sheets and have Edit|Fin...

Linking Report into CRM 3
Hi, I'm using CRM3, SQL Server 2005 and VS 2005. I have created a Report Project in VS2005. I have one shared data source, and 5 reports. Actually, I have 1 report containing 4 sub reports. My main report use a parameter (the ticket number) and each subreports use it too. Everything works very well in VS2005. I push everything onto my report server. And here begin my questions... :) Onto my SQL Report Server, VS2005 has created a folder with all items. Question 1 : Is it possible to say in VS2005 to push everything into the report folder of crm? I have moved all my items into the C...

Problem in ListCtrl
Hi All, I am having list ctrl with images and text underneath of the image. We are able to display images and text. I have two queries which is as follows 1. we have a requirement of drawing a rectangle when an item is selected using key or mouse click. Border should be of similar size. If we use GetItemRect( ) it does not give the same size for all the image. It varies depends on the text length. If we use our own RECT size that is 120X120 size then also it doesnot work properly. Since some times the currect rect intersects with the next image...

Recurring Meeting Scheduling Problem
I am attempting to schedule a recurring meeting using one of our conference room resources. In some cases there are conflicts with the dates/times since the resource has already been scheduled. How would I get the resource to accept the meeting notices for the dates/times that do not conflict? Currently I receive an email telling me the dates that conflicted but the dates that do not conflict are not scheduled and I'd like them to schedule. Using Exchanges 2007 and Office 2007. Thank you. With recurring meeting, its all or nothing. It can't accept some and not ot...

Selecting rows from various sheets #3
That's pretty much what I want, but I want the function to select al the relevant columns and not just 1 column. Shan -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 Hi then just add some more VLOOKUPs. One for each column of your source sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shav" <shav.1dodta@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:shav.1dodta@excelforum-...

Save AS #3
In Excel I want to do a Save AS. When I click on Save AS nothing happens. Is there a setting I need to set or do I have a virus? Thanks for your help, Greg There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs Greg wrote: > > In Excel I want to do a Save AS. When I click on Save AS > nothing happens. Is there a setting I need to set or do I > have a virus? > > Thanks for your help, > > Greg -...

Installation problem money 2006
I have IE 8 on my Windows XP system. Every time I try to run setup for my money program, it gets an error about installing IE6 & aborts. I tried installing IE6 (probably can't have both on the computer at once, I don't know), and the error is that I have a newer version and cannot install the older one. It seems that when I installed the standard version of money, I had not yet installed the IE8, but I cannot remember. I've only had IE8 for a few months. Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to solve this? I have a dual boot system, and Win 98 is instal...

How do i number a template so that it will increase 1,2,3 etc?
Like the date. so every time i open a new one the numbers will increase eg: 1 2 3 Dreamworks, have a look here, http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html and if you are new to macros you may also what to have a look here on getting started with macros http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dreamworks" <Dreamworks@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Problems With Adobe.com and IE 8
Someone told me that they were browsing on the computer today and a message from Google came up that said, an update to Adobe Flash Player is available, but they did not click on it or anything. I have cleared out my history, temp, and cache files in IE 8, rebooted and can not get to www.adobe.com to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, I know that Adobe is affiliated with Google.com. I went to Adobe's site, learning a long time ago NEVER to click on any pop up windows while browsing, and every time I go to www.adobe.com the page does not finish loading and the ...