XmlElement question

Hi,
I have and XmlElement from within an XmlDocument. I wish to RemoveAll() from
within the XmlElement plus itself. For example:

<Notes>
  <Note id="n1">
    <Info>A message</Info>
  </Note>
  <Note id="n2">
    <Info>another message</Info>
  </Note>
</Notes>

I wish to delete the node, Note with id="n1". I have assigned it to an
XmlElement, but i am unsure how to remove the element from the file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance,

Tim.

0
tripix (16)

Timothy V wrote:

> I have and XmlElement from within an XmlDocument. I wish to RemoveAll() from
> within the XmlElement plus itself. For example:
>
> <Notes>
>   <Note id="n1">
>     <Info>A message</Info>
>   </Note>
>   <Note id="n2">
>     <Info>another message</Info>
>   </Note>
> </Notes>
>
> I wish to delete the node, Note with id="n1". I have assigned it to an
> XmlElement, but i am unsure how to remove the element from the file.

   xmlElement.ParentNode.RemoveChild(xmlElement)

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

0
mahotrash (1777)
5/31/2004 4:25:21 PM

---

kzuAT4605 (35)
5/31/2004 6:14:08 PM
See: http://weblogs.asp.net/sonukapoor/articles/137700.aspx

Sonu Kapoor
Blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/sonukapoor/

Sumproduct question 12-22-09
Hello - I need a formula that will count the number of lines that are greater than 0 in one column but also need to subtract the number of lines that are greater than 0 in another column. There are 16 lines that are greater than 0, within that subset there is 1 line item that is greater than 0 in the other column. I've tried sum(if...., sumproduct, countif doesn't work. HELP! Donna Just use a countif on the first - a countif on the second -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Donna@Dell" <Donna@Dell...

Newbish question re. Out of Office Assistant sequence
Hi all, I'm the sort-of administrator in the office (I know enough to get by, but I'm far from an expert). My employer in our very small company wants to start using the Out of Office Assistant to reply to external as well as internal addresses, which I think I've figured out how to do. I'm concerned about spam, though. We have some very good Trend Micro spam blocking software that has blocked 99.9% of all the spam we've gotten in the last six months. I'm not sure how the sequence works, though. Does the Trend Micro spam blocker have a chance to "swat&quo...

Re: A few questions from A Quicken Convert...
I have seen answers for 2 & 3 but does anyone know if there is a way to get reports/summarys/Home screen on PocketPC to show current balance rather than ending balance? Thanks for those that replied to 2 & 3. Don. "Don Deacon" <ddeacon@xaera.com> wrote in message news:... > I recently switched over from Quicken to Money 2003 and have a few > questions: > > 1) In reports and summarys (on home screen and Pocket Money for example) > it's shows the ending balances rather than the current balances. This is a > bit of a pain for me and I was wondering...

Here's a dandy question regarding queues!
Hello everyone, I've setup some workflow for the Task entity, such that when it gets assigned to a user, that user gets an email notifying they have been assigned a new Task. What I would like to do is to include in the subject line the name of the queue of where it came from. Is this possible? How? ...

Printing Question
Does anyone know how to print an e-mail without the users name showing as the header? In other words, I just want the text of the e-mail, not my name at the top. Thanks. ...

Simple question on Cursor
Hello, I have a simple dialog box application and I would like to change the cursor from an arrow to an hourglass when I press a button. In my OnClick event, I have this code void Button::OnClick() { hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_WAIT); .... hCursor=AfxGetApp()->LoadStandardCursor(IDC_ARROW); } Can someone explain to me on how to get this working? Thank-you Hello Try using BeginWaitCursor() then later EndWaitCursor() Regards, Elias "dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:eoJxEphcDHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello,...

Cell Reference question
This is probably a simple question, but I have never seen it before. I have been looking at some spredsheets sent by some co-workers, trying to figure out their structure etc... and I have seen some cell references where the reference starts with an =+'sheetname!e2 The + (plus sign) struck me as odd, I can't recall seeing that before. Is there some significance to it? Thanks Tom Believe it's a "legacy" behaviour for die-hard Lotus converts <g> The "+" is not necessary .. -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

question related to pipe
hi everyone and specially to voidcoder, i tried the CreateProcess and then created one pipe between those two processes. and i am able to get the data very well but my while(ReadFile(hReadEnd,str,SIZE1,&dwRead,NULL)) { Buffer += str; } is becoming a blocking call can anybody help please Regards and thanks Harshal Sorry, didn't get your problem. Do you want to use it in async mode? In that case try to use overlapped ReadFile() calls. Also note RedFile() returns TRUE even no data actually returned. You may want to check the "NumberOfBytesRead" value: while(ReadFile(...

Another Outlook Question
Whenever I compose a message the window always is small and I have to maximize this. Is there a way to have thw window always be large? Thanks and may God bless you John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal (Matt 6:19-20). "Jeremiah" <jeremiah@truth.org> wrote in message news:OU8Jd2dJGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Whenever I compose a message the win...

Date format question
I'm a new user of Outlook and am having a bit of difficulty with a small problem. I live in the Pacific NW, but need to have my calendar format as d/m/y verses the standard US m/d/y. I've got it right on my Pocket PC, but can't seem to find a setting to change it in Outlook. Any help in being able to change the calendar/date format would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Michael The date format is being controlled by the Operating System; Control Panel-> Regional and Language Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What ...

Profile question...
One of the small networks I manage had a Win2k DC that crashed. We replaced it with a 2008 SBS & since most of the clients were XP, I was able to join computers to the new domain & copy the profiles from the old location to the new location. That was until I got to the Vista laptop. On this computer, the profile shows as 'Unknown' & the 'copy to' option is grayed out. I am currently copying the contents of the C:\Users\username folder to the C:\Users\user.newdomain folder. Will this be all I need? Is there an easier way? Also, under system properties>u...

Easy question
How do I eliminate text out of this 2.5 OZ , i just want the 2.5 to show or whatever number is in there regardless of how much digits it is. I would prefer to have this in the query field and not vba please. Thank you. Ryan Hi - Use the Val function in the query, instead of the whole field: Val([myField]) Val() returns the numeric equivalent of all characters up to the first non- numeric character in a string. It ignores zeros. so Val("2.5 OZ") will return 2.5 ; so does Val("2 . 5 OZ") John ryan.fitzpatrick3@safeway.com wrote: >How do I eliminate text ...

bar graph question
Hello everyone, I have data with 5 variables for 10 countries, and I have made horizontal bar graph for each variable (so 5 graphs). This data i linked to another page, and it is divided by variable within the sheet For example, the format is: Country Variable 1 US ### China ### India ### UK ### Country Variable 2 US ### China ### India ### UK ### There is a macro that sorts each of this mini-tables, and then eac graph draws from its respective variable table. The same 10 countrie are in each table, but they are not in the sam...

Brief vCard question, a few opinions...
Am using MS Office 2002, it's a small question, but wondered if I could ask for a few opinions on what various do with vCards... More specifically, 1) where do you store your _____.vcf file (I'm thinking about just putting mine on my desktop), and 2) do you just attach it to an outgoing email like any other file or is there something in "options" that allows for a one-click insert of your vCard? Anything else I should know about vCards? Thanks, George You can create a signature that includes your own vCard. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook P...

Label Designer Question
For some of my products, the description is longer than one line of text will allow. Is there a way to add a second "Description" line to my labels in order to read the whole name of the item? Thank you in advance for your help. You don't have to make a second box. If I remember correctly , just make the height of the first box enough for two lines and the text should wrap. Marc "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E4D91-D380-458E-B087-BFEDA630D297@microsoft.com... > For some of my products, the descripti...

Sorry but I have a question again...
I have Pub 2003 & Windows XP. I created the first from the 4 pages in Folded Card and went into Page Set Up - Properties - Finishing - Pages per Sheet and choosen 4. I could not use Help, I did not know how to phrase the question. I thought that I will get all the 4 pages looking same. The result was one tiny 'Page" on the sheet. Any answer out there Thank Vanill "From one small seed of kindness ... friendship grows. If you want all four to look the same, try the postcard option. You will have one page on the screen, but it will print four to the page. Keep in mind your...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Newbie question about various forms options
Hi, Very new to sharepoint. I've been tasked with trying to use one list for PTO requests. While the PTO request is being made in a new record in the list we'd like certain fields to be enterable and visible. If the user wants to go to the same record after approval and cancel the PTO request, we'd like another set of fields to be available to the user. What I've found is that I am inundated with various options fo this. Liveform (a 3rd party tool), swapping list views (seemingly the easiest since it's a native sharepoint solution), creating custom aspx...

Retirement vs. general investments questions
I'm just starting to use Money. We have his retirement, my retirement and our general non-retirement investments. Both of our retirement accounts include 401k, 403b, and IRA's. My husband wants to be able to view retirement accounts separately from our checking/savings/general investments (and his retirement separately from my retirement so that we can make sure we are contributing enough to both). He doesn't want the retirement accounts "co-mingled" in with our general stuff. Complicating this is that some of our IRA's are with the same companies as our non-retir...

Two Questions About Notebook
I plan to use Notebook a lot and have two questions: I added a Note flag and now want to delete the flag. Can't figure out how to do it. Is this possible? Is there a way to quickly add the current date and time to the notebook in different color than the main text (say in Blue)? Thanks for any help! In article <42783340.0407110325.4f49ae4c@posting.google.com>, david@enzel.us (David Enzel) wrote: > I added a Note flag and now want to delete the flag. Can't figure out > how to do it. Is this possible? One way: Click on the Note Flag button in the Note Flags pane o...

simpleType Question
Is this correct? I am representing my database in an XML schema, but I am not just naming an element=database field. But some of my IDs (i.e. USER_ID, and PROFILE_ID) are not the same length in numbers. They are defined in the database as NUMBERPS(2,0), NUMBERPS(3,0),...,NUMBERPS(8,0). Therefore in my complexTypes should my ID/Identity fields use a simpleType with the limiting facets. For example: <xs:complexType name="application"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="app_id" type="id4" /> <xs:element name="enabled_ind"...

Question about Service Pack 2
We just updated to SP2 on our Exchange box. We used to be able to go to OWA and use our username to log in, now we have to type our entire email address to get access. Any way to change that back to just the username? Thanks! Douglas Are you using FBA? Did you modify the owa logon.asp page as per: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Nue "Douglas McIver" <dmciver@NOSPAM.jlmdirect.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:OHA1TDIIGHA.2040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We just updated to SP2 on our Exchange box. We used to...

An Interesting Question: How to Have Mutliple Variable Input
Greetings! I would like to define a user-function that takes a range (or Yes/No values) as input, and returns a 1 if any of the values is yes. I'm something like thinking... FUNCTION YorN (choices) yorn=0 counter=1 to length(choices) yorn=yorn.OR.index(choices(counter)="YES") Next counter End Function I know the syntax is wrong -- can someone help me out? Thanks.../Randy Hi try =--(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes")>0) without using VBA at all -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4Hk1d.3...

Questions about formating Dates
I found documentation for this way to format a date: endtime.ToString("dddd, MMM d yyyy") But I can't find an explanation of this method: <%#Eval("CreateDate", "{0:d}")%> The first on produces Saturday, Apr 3 2010 Note no comma after the 3? Can I make it add a comma? The second one produces: Friday, April 02, 2010 Can I supress the leading zero? Best for me would be in both cases: Friday, April 2, 2010 Can I do that? Thanks " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOSPAM@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:hp7u3a$71u$1@...

Counting data
Thank you. Now I want to take the sheet that summarizes the individual dates divided into the 3 times groups - and total them by month. How can I do that without having to manually choose each range for each month? [ Original post in: http://tinyurl.com/69bp2 ] Do a similar set-up in a new Sheet3 In Sheet3 ------------- Put in A1: =Sheet2!A1 Copy over the 3 time bands listed in: B1:B2 : 700, 1500 C1:C2 : 1500, 2300 D1:D2 : 2300, 700 (these will act only as col labels here) Put in A3 : 1-Jan-2003 Format as Custom, type: mmm-yy (It'll appear as "Jan-03") Copy A3 d...