XML XSL FO PDF

Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET?

I have the XSL FO from XML, and now use client based FOP software. I have
seen a few commercial packages for FO->PDF but they are costly (1000
dollars).

0
sales6518 (7)

news wrote:
> Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET?

Sure but only with some third-part library. .NET doesn't support XSL-FO
natively.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

I am using XML to build receipts (customer). So I have Part, Price etc

"Oleg Tkachenko [MVP]" <oleg@NO!SPAM!PLEASEtkachenko.com> wrote in message
> news wrote:
> > Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET?
>
> Sure but only with some third-part library. .NET doesn't support XSL-FO
> natively.
>
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
> http://blog.tkachenko.com

0
sales6518 (7)
8/19/2004 12:41:50 PM
news wrote:
> I am using FOP which I downloaded from somewhere (forgotten), can you
> recommend anything for the FO handling? I found the XSL a dream in .NET and
> hoped that .NET had something intrinsic for PDF handling (eg via FO).

Search the web for "XSL-FO formatter for .NET".
Talking about freeware formatters I'm only aware of nfop (port of FOP to
..NET), but the project seems to be abandoned.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

> news wrote:
> > I am using FOP which I downloaded from somewhere (forgotten), can you
> > recommend anything for the FO handling? I found the XSL a dream in .NET
and
> > hoped that .NET had something intrinsic for PDF handling (eg via FO).
>
> Search the web for "XSL-FO formatter for .NET".
> Talking about freeware formatters I'm only aware of nfop (port of FOP to
> .NET), but the project seems to be abandoned.
>
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
> http://blog.tkachenko.com

0
sales6518 (7)
8/19/2004 5:48:01 PM
news wrote:
> I already did that, and found guys selling stuff at a 1000 dollars - too
> much: Visual c# upgrade was cheaper.

So it's capitalism. $1000 isn't a big price in publishing business.
--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

XML WebService ASP.NET
Hello - I am very new to the .NET environment, so please be paitent - Can anyone point me to a very basic example of a project that takes an XML stream from a web page and sends it to a ASP.NET Web Service that can then be used to pull records from a SQL Server DB. Like I said I am green at this, so the more basic it is the better. I am reading about having to serialize, etc... but not sure about it all yet. Thanks in advance. I don't know off the top off my head, and you're trying to do quite a few diverse things for a beginner but let me try to give you some pointers: you can re...

xml schema to dataset to xml
Hi, I am trying to write a function that takes an xml schema and generates a dataset. I then write data into the dataset and generate xml from it. I then go to validate the xml that was generated against the original schema and the validation fails. Ive found that this is because the order of the sequence in my complex types is no longer the same. Does anyone know of a way to generate xml that will validate against the schema? ...

How do you write a XML file to a SqlDatabase?
I'm working on a desktop application that writes data to a XML file, that part is working. Now I need to insert that data to a sql database. I have no idea were to start. Two questions, how do you do that, and is there an good toturial showing you how to do that? hi, On 11.02.2010 21:43, bthumber wrote: > I'm working on a desktop application that writes data to a XML file, that > part is working. Now I need to insert that data to a sql database. I have no > idea were to start. Two questions, how do you do that, and is there an good > toturial showing you how ...

Visio 2007 XML Schema Definition
Hi, I need to get Visio 2007 Schema Definition file (.xsd) but I could not find it. It is supposed to be in the Office2007XMLSchema.exe downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=15805380-f2c0-4b80-9ad1-2cb0c300aef9&displaylang=en#Instructions but it does not. I could find the xsd file for Visio 2003 but I need the one for Visio 2007. Please help me in finding it. Thanks! DatadiagramML Schema is in the Visio SDK Documentation "emily2007" <emily2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A589DAFD-756F-4CC9-861E-8CF0138AD2B3...

pdf RGB to CMYK?
Is it possible to convert from pdf to pdf, without any postscript file? So....from acrobat RGB pdf to full color? websmoker wrote: > Is it possible to convert from pdf to pdf, without any postscript file? > So....from acrobat RGB pdf to full color? > > > If you have Acrobat you could use Quite a Box of Tricks or PitStop. Mike Found it !, Thank you for the help. Seems to work. I have to find out the differences in profiles. Karel "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> schreef in bericht news:mBbPd.30093$y83.5252@fe37.usenetserver.com... > websmoker...

Xml Print Preview
Hi I have an Xml file.I Load it in a Datagrid, My Xml file has child tables, and I want to print this, so I want to see its print preview, but when I want to do it, only it is shown the root table in print preview. What can I do to see the child table in print preview? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/dotnet-xml/200612/1 post some snippet code PAtrick "mahfuza via DotNetMonster.com" <u30464@uwe> wrote in message news:6b5372a146a58@uwe... > Hi > I have an Xml file.I Load it in a Datagrid, My Xml file has child tables...

USPTYPE.XML File?
Hi There- I'm trying to install Outlook XP and the install keeps looking for a USPTYPE.XML file which isn't on the CD. I think it has something to do with the outlook connector for Notes which I had installed at one point. Any idea what's going on? Thanks, nj ...

Newbie needs a tutorial on reading from and writing to nodes in an XML file
I have an ASP.NET app that I am writing using VB.NET and I want to use an XML file to store configuration settings in sort of like the way I used to use an .INI file for in Windows apps. When the user opens a page, it needs to go read certain settings out of the file and fill textboxes and other form fields with the data from the XML file. If the user makes any changes on the form, it needs to write back to the XML file to store the new settings. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I do this and it seems to work just fine... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.as...

Xsl extension function and type coersion in .Net?
Hi.. I have a c# class that i'm using to implement some extension functions and one of those functions is a simple push/pop stack. I made the c# code fairly generic, taking and returning objects - i.e public void push (object val { stack.Push (val) public object pop ( { return stack.Pop() The thought was that the stack could be used for many purposes even though my first use is for stacking boolean state info (e.g. <xsl:value-of select="ext:push(true())"/> ... <xsl:if test="ext:pop()">Succeeded!</xsl:if>). The odd thing I'm seeing so far i...

Print pdf file on WebBrowser Control
I am trying to Print pdf file on WebBrowser Control using javascript code window.pdf_frame.print();. It is working fine but freezing machine very often. I am using Adobe Acrobat 6.0. How can I Print pdf file on WebBrowser Control without freezing machine. Thanks in advance. Bob Info you provided is not going to be enough to figure out what you are asking. In addition, you would be better served if you ask this in a related newsgroup: microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

saving a publisher file as a pdf
My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher file as a pdf. How do I do this mlclark25 wrote: > My commercial printer wants me to bring him my publisher > file as a pdf. How do I do this ============================ Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select PrimoPDF as your printer. Click...OK...now you will see the PrimoPDF screen and you can browse to a save folder. When...

Publisher 2003 newsletter to pdf using pdf995
Anyone used PDF995 to convert a Publisher newsletter from ..pub to .pdf format? I don't know either program and I know I'm doing something stupid but I can't get from the xxxx.pub to the xxxx.pdf format using the PDF995 free program. I can open the xxxx.pub file in Publisher and it looks fine. How do I get or what do I select to print to the PDF995 printer? When I try to save as, yyyy.pdf.... a yyyy.pdf.pub file is created. Is there a newsgroup or anywhere out on the web that explains how this works? I've tried to send email to the pdf995 support people but am not gettin...

Can I convert a Publisher file into a .pdf?
I want to submit a file I created in Publisher to be custom embroidered. The embroidery place said they need a .pdf. Can I do this somehow? jetta1872 wrote: > I want to submit a file I created in Publisher to be > custom embroidered. The embroidery place said they need a > .pdf. Can I do this somehow? ======================================== Try this... Download and install the following free PDF Creator. PrimoPDF http://primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select P...

Send to PDF
I send most of my PO's to our vendors via email. I "print to screen"- send to mail recipient (PDF), outlook opens with a new message and the attachment. The .pdf filename always defaults to 'POP Purchase Order Blank Form.pdf", is there any way for GP to save the .pdf as the PO # for the file name? Thanks in advance. You should look at Binary Stream's product for emailing PO's. http://www.binarystream.com/eMailerManager_POP.asp "mahham" wrote: > I send most of my PO's to our vendors via email. I "print to screen"- > send to mail...

XML & Relational Database
Hi all, I'm a newbie. I want to parsing XML data into a single relational database. I found that this can be done by reading XML file into a dataset and uses a DataAdapter to load them into a database. Is this a good way to parsing XML data? Are there any easier way? I'm not using a SQL Server so I can't use SQLXML lib. Where I can find a good site that provide goods example about this things? Thanks, ano Did you try with XML DOM? -- Every thing is perfect, as long as you share!!! "ano" wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm a newbie. I want to parsing XML data ...

Folders appear as XML? in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Some of our users have been having trouble accessing their e-mail through OWA (Exchange2000/Windows 2000 server, various browsers). In the Outlook client the folders, subfolders and messages appear normal. When they access their mail using OWA the inbox appears fine but when they select another folder in folder view the message pane displays what appears to be XML code. It makes it impossible to view the subfolders or messages. I have tried the direct URL to the subfolders/messages with the same result; a window full of garbage. If I use Outlook to create new folders and drag the mes...

Web Service returning class in XML with namespace information
Hi All, I am trying to return a class from a Webservice without having to deal with xmlns:xsd and xmlns:xsi. I have to get rid of those because this is sent over an expensive network and I'd like to minimize the cost. I've seen posts that show how to do this, but it didn't work for me. Here is what I've done so far: public class clsQueTrans { public string label; public byte[] data; } [WebMethod] public clsQueTrans GetNextMessage(string queueName) { clsQueTrans qt = new clsQueTrans(); qt.label = "fing"; qt.data = new byte[10]; for(int i = 0; i <...

Is this valid XML?
A business partner wants an XML file to be transmitted as thus: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> - <submission cmo:submission_type="production" xmlns="http://www.familycarewi.org" xmlns:cmo="http://www.familycarewi.org" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.familycarewi.org http://www.familycarewi.org/cmo/schema/cmo_submission.xsd"> (some detail records, ending with:) </submission> I am not able to generate the </submissio...

How do I Modify The XML View Options
How do I Modify The XML View Options ...

append the a date from a cell to the file name when I prind to ta pdf document.
I want to append the a date from a cell to the file name when I prind to ta pdf document. Can this be done? ...

Going Offline
When I try to take CRM offline from within Outlook I receive the error "The XML passed to the platform is not well-formed". This occurs during the [Propagating Customizations] task and halts the entire sync process. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks. I have the same issue during the propagating customizations task. Did you ever find a solution to this? "KPR" wrote: > When I try to take CRM offline from within Outlook I receive the error "The > XML passed to the platform is not well-formed". This occurs during the > [Propagating Customizat...

Outputing raw xml string to screen
I would like to output raw xml string to the browser e.g <roteTarget au_lname="0.09" au_fname="0.045"> <MysteryShoppingTrgt>Where Does The Time Go</MysteryShoppingTrgt> </roteTarget> Any ideas.. Thanks Patrick.O.Ige wrote: > I would like to output raw xml string to the browser > e.g > <roteTarget au_lname="0.09" au_fname="0.045"> > > <MysteryShoppingTrgt>Where Does The Time Go</MysteryShoppingTrgt> > > </roteTarget> > Any ideas.. Use XmlTextWriter in .NET 1.x and XmlWriter in...

Adding namespace to an XML string.
If I have a well-formed XML document in a string, what can I do to get a namespace added to it? What class, properties, and methods can I use? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > If I have a well-formed XML document in a string, what can I do to get a > namespace added to it? What class, properties, and methods can I use? The simplest and the most effective way is to crate custom XmlReader which exposes required namespace. Here is the simplest form: public class NamespacedXmlReader : XmlTextReader { public NamespacedXmlReader(TextReader r) : base(r) {} public ove...

Publisher Document changes size when converted to PDF?
I have Publisher 2003, windows XP, SP3. I am using PrimoPDF to do my file conversions to PDF. I have a Postcard template setup in Publisher for two 4.25" x 6.25" sized postcards side by side. I have a background so I have a 1/4" added to each dimension to account for the bleed. The problem I am having is when I do the conversion. Once the conversion is done, the resolution is great, but when I print out the PDF version, the size of each of my postcards has shrunk to basically 4" x 6" rather than 4.25" x 6.25". I am wondering why this is happening....

representing an excel chart with an xml file.
I have a web application that creates an xml file with app instructions set to excel. I noticed that I can not save a chart to an xml file so assuming I can not represent a chart in the xml file (to be opened by Excel). Just wondering if anyone knows if this will be supported in Office 2007? thanks. -- Paul G Software engineer. ...