XML web app

I have XML  schema for an industry data exchange standard. I want to create
SQL table based on XML schema and create web service that will used by the
industry to exchange the data. I  also want to create web application ( web
form ) based on the XML  Please advise how I can do this in VS 2005.
0
rajuws (1)

rajuws wrote:
> I have XML  schema for an industry data exchange standard. I want to
> create SQL table based on XML schema and create web service that will
> used by the industry to exchange the data. I  also want to create web
> application ( web form ) based on the XML  Please advise how I can do
> this in VS 2005.

If your industry has gotten as far as a shared data exchange standard
using XML, then there is probably an industry mailing list or other
forum for developers, and someone in it has probably already done what
you want to do. It might be worth asking there first.

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/
0

Outlook Web Access/IIS6
Hi We use IIS6 just for OWA (Exchange 2003) every so often the ability to access the OWA page stops, even if you go onto the server and localhost still can't access page, the only way to respolve this is to restart the server? (you can stop and start IIS services) Any help much appreciated Many thanks Mark - Any errors in the application event log? - Is the http virtual server running? - Does this happen for all mailboxes or particular mailbox(es)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Marka" &l...

Code Comment Web Report,
I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply move it? > I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not > see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book > says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid > of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply ...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

SOAP xml
Fedex in the US is changing their method of dealing with their servers for submitting packages, tracking , etc. The old method was a formatted Xml file submitted via an HTTP Post. You then parsed the returned Xml that contained the information requested. Now they are phasing that out in favor of a web service using WSDL SOAP messages. I took one of their VB.Net samples and have sucessfully tracked packages and received Proof of Delivery Pdf files. However I have a problem when I deal with Fedex tech support when I have questions about some of their other services, for example Address ...

LINQ to XML and Amazon Webservices
Hi, I'm having a hard time in using LINQ on XML returned from Amazon Webservices. I'm using the 2008 beta 2 on an XP machine. the code I'm using is: ========= Dim s As String s = "http://ecs.amazonaws.com/onca/xml?" & _ "Service=AWSECommerceService&" & _ "AWSAccessKeyId=1234&" & _ "AssociateTag=my-tag&" & _ "ResponseGroup=Small&" & _ "Operation=ItemSearch&" & _ ...

Portable app and mfc42u.dll
I am writing an application that is to run from a USB. It links dynamically with mfc42u.dll and I cant be sure it will be available on every system. So, I plan on including a copy of mfc42u.dll in the same directory as the app. Is this the way to proceed? Will this cause any conflict, problem, or whatever dll-hellish situation? I think this is ok. The dll is special and not on every system, so you should release a copy of it in the app directory. That's what I do with dlls to be used, too. Regards "Alexander" <the44secs@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1172037426.1...

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException
Has anyone tried the Samples that come with the Webservices install? Has anyone else received this error with the Samples or does anyone know what is causing it? "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> An exception occurred that the exception subsystem was unable to log. Consult your System Administrator.\r\n at CustomerUpdate.WebServiceManager.GetAllCompanies() in C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics\\GPWebServicesSDK\\v9\\Samples\\UpdateCustomers\\CustomerUpdate\\WebServiceManager.cs:line 108\r\n at CustomerUpdate.Custom...

About XML scheme
Hi ! What is XML scheme ? What is a use of that ? Give me some idea... Thanks & Regards Elankathir, B'lore, India. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ElanKathir .S.N <elankathirctech@yahoo.co.in> writes: > What is XML scheme ? Is an XML based standard to describe the structure of an XML document (more powerful than DTD) > What is a use of that ? Try to start with a tutorial: http://www.w3schools.com/schema/default.asp -- Lawrence "Avevo Halo, poi e` arrivata la mia fidanza...

Default Signatures using Outlook Web Access
Because I primarily access email via Outlook Web Access (do not use desktop version of Outlook), I would like to have new/reply messages in OWA default to use a standard signature. I know how to set this up with the desktop version of Outlook. I have also seen how a signature can be picked if your desktop version of Outlook is "configured and runnable" when you are using OWA. However, can a standard signature be set up when only using OWA? Thanks, I would appreciate any help. What version of Exchange are you using? Exchange 2003 OWA offers a default signature. There are a...

Chunking out data from a huge xml file (Ajax)
Hi I am faced with quite a challenge. I need to open a 70-100 meg file and be able to chunk it out using AJAX back to the client but that isn't my problem really. What I need to do is open the file and get pieces of it out without loading the entire thing into memory. The pieces themselves are random although of a fixed size. If I tried to read an entire file into a stirng and parse pieces out I use too much memory and if I use the xmlTextReader and the skip method my memory problems are solved but it creates a huge performance issue. If I don't have to I don't want to ...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

XML Format
I am looking for documentation on the XML format required to import Vendors into Great Plains and to import Vendor invoices into Great Plains. Is this documented somewhere? I already have the format for Sales but can't find the format for these types of transactions and vendor information. Our requirements are very simple and we do not need the enhanced features of Integration manager. Jean, Using what to import with? The only "built in" tool to GP is the Import Utility which only takes a flat csv or tab file and not XML. So I'm pretty sure that isn't what ...

xml question?
what is the equivalent of this in C# ? foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) Thansk Sorry I made a mistake here is what I want to convert to C# For Each Node In XmlDocument.Item("configuration").Item("appSettings") "Ray5531" <Ray5531@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:elPIiezOFHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > what is the equivalent of this in C# ? > > foreach (XmlNode xmlConfigNode in > xmlConfigDoc["configuration"].ChildNodes) > > > > Thansk > > Hi Ray,...

XML XSL FO PDF
Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET? I have the XSL FO from XML, and now use client based FOP software. I have seen a few commercial packages for FO->PDF but they are costly (1000 dollars). news wrote: > Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET? Sure but only with some third-part library. .NET doesn't support XSL-FO natively. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com I am using FOP which I downloaded from somewhere (forgotten), can you recommend anything for the FO handling? I found the XSL a dream in .NET and hoped that .NET had something intrinsic ...

Escape codes embedded in XML
Hello, I have built an XMLDocument object instance and I get the following string when I examine the InnerXml property: <?xml version=\"1.0\"?><ROOT><UserData UserID=\"2282\"><Tag1 QID=\"55111\"><Tag2 AID=\"5511101\"></Tag2></Tag1><Tag1 QID=\"55112\"><Tag2 AID=\"5511217\"></Tag2></Tag1><Tag1 QID=\"5512282\"><Tag2 AID=\"551228206\"></Tag2></Tag1><Tag1 QID=\"55114\"><Tag2 AID=\"5511406\"></Ta...

image enlarges when uploaded to web
I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size of it is 7.85 in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in. deep. How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont increase in size? Help! Dawn Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels, probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the measurements to pixels. Re-work your banner. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

How to create EXE having some XML files ?
Hello there I am designing one application that would create one exe and pack some resources in it(Like some XML files). Is there any way to do this ? If you are unable to understand it, please Let me know. I'd try to elaborate on it more. ...

MSXML2 to Load xml document using ISO-8859-1 encoding
HI My application connects to the UPS server which returns an ISO-8859-1 encoded XML response. I need a part of this response, ie. the AccessLicenseAgreement , which i need to display in my application and then return to the UPS server with the next request. Their server matches what they sent me with what i return back to them. Due to the difference in the encoding method it returns an Invalid AccessLicenseAgreement error back to me. I set my request Processing Instruction to ISO-8859-1 encoding, but i still get the same error from them. I am guessing the problem is when i read it in using Lo...

Write dataset to xml and back again to dataset?
Before a delete on any table, I would like to write the contents of the soon-to-be-deleted row to that application's single "graveyard" table (alternate: or document as coded below). SQL Server 2005 solution: I would store the tablename, today's date, username, and the key column values of the soon-to-be deleted row as the composite key of the new graveyard table row. The soon-to-be-deleted row's data would be stored in a single xml-type column. XML File solution: composite key from above would be the name of a filename.xml file. The data from the soon-to-be-deleted...

Send from another app #2
With Outlook closed and I try to send something from another app, such as send webpage from IE, the mail stays in the outbox until Outlook is opened. Is there a way to process the outgoing mail even though outlook (2003) is not open? Thx No. "Ron" <ronDOTpREMOVE@2REPLYmchsi.XXcom> wrote in message news:Z4_gc.29490$ru4.29337@attbi_s52... > With Outlook closed and I try to send something from another app, such as > send webpage from IE, the mail stays in the outbox until Outlook is opened. > Is there a way to process the outgoing mail even though outlook (2003) ...

eConnect and Web Service
Does anyone know where I can find an example of eConnect being used through a Web Service? ...

Outlook Web Access Problem #3
I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click on reply and nothing happens. Any thoughts? OWA is a function of Exchange and can best be answered in an Exchange news group, probably the adminnistrator group on msnews.microsoft.com. >-----Original Message----- >I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook >Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. >The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click >on reply...