XML type restrictions in xsd.exe

Hi,

I have just started using xsd.exe and was wondering if anyone knows if
it can deal with type restrictions.  I have noticed that, when I ran
xsd.exe to process a schema I have written, the class produced did
not have the restrictions that were in the schema.

Ta,

Publisher file type #2
Am running Publisher 2000 and tried to open a file created on Publisher 2003 and "Saved as> Publisher2000". I still get the "Publisher cannot open files from a different version" message. The file is a .pub file - does that mean it is still in Publisher 2003 format? Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and under options, disable "office plug-ins". -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jon Hill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Sort by type
Hello. Is there a way to get Shortcuts to folders to stay at the top of an Explorer window with the folders? For me if I sort by Name then it either sorts by the name of the destination folder, or if I sort by Type then it puts it down near the bottom of a long list of files, with the Ss. Thanks in advance! Jim ...

Corrupted Money 2005 deluxe files and salv.exe will not work
Have had Money programs for about 10 years. Last Wednesday, I was no longer able to access the internet (Money was still functional). Took it to a computer service who had to restore the XP operating system (apparently spyware, $70/yr to Norton and Webroot well freakin spent). Charged me $295 bucks. Bring it home and the desktop looks like it did when I bought it. Here is what I did. 1. Installed the Money 2005 standard (which came with computer) . Then tried to open my data file. Got the error message saying the file is corrupted or not a Money data file. 2. Realized that I received...

Conditional Formatting on an XML list
Hi folks Another Excel newbie requiring assistance with conditional formatting, I'm afraid. My problem: I've been tasked by my employer to create a Spreadsheet in MS Excel 2003 for the purpose of displaying an XML *list* which is output from one of our legacy 3GL systems. I've created the spreadsheet using the map genetrated automatically by Excel, based on the actual XML file to be imported, and I can import the data at will. No problem there (I've set the import function to overwrite all previously stored data on selecting the 'refresh all' option on the import to...

WMS Idle: OUTLOOK.EXE-Unable To Locate Component.
I just migrate Outlook 2002 from POP to Exchange. After that, i alwayse get following error message when i launch Outlook 2002. "WMS Idle: OUTLOOK.EXE-Unable To Locate Component. This application has failed to start because OUTEX.DLL was not found. Re-install the application may fix this problem." I click OK, email box opens like normal. Anybody knows what cause this error and how to fix it. Thanks a lot!!! ...

Third resource type
Hi Is it possible to add a third resource type? At the moment we have Users and Facility / Equipment. Could we add Subcontractors to this list? Thanks Mark Hi Mark, I don't think you can add another resource type. The workaround that we use is to define contractors as restricted CRM users - this way they don't consume licenses but can be scheduled. -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD189365-924B-49ED-B802-129F84704932@microsoft.com... > Hi > &g...

Correct Currency Data Type and Validation Coding
Any suggestions are so greatly appreciated as I am really really stuck Using Access 2003 on XP OS My Access and VBA experience is limited. I have a several fields that I am checking for validation as currency. I have two questions 1) what is the best data type for currency. Currently I am using Table Data Type = Number. (I have tried other types with no luck) Field Size = Single Format=Currency. On the form I am formating to currency. 2) I want to be able to check for whole numbers and for those that are entered with a decimal. Currently I am using the below. Pri...

Validating a string is in Xml format without doing a try{ XmlDocument.Load(.......
The title says it all. Is there a speed efficient way of validating that a string contains valid Xml without the overhead of try catch around a load attempt? Thanks in advance. Paul wrote: > Is there a speed efficient way of validating that a string contains > valid Xml without > the overhead of try catch around a load attempt? Reading your string with markup through an XmlReader (over a StringReader) checks for well-formedness, if you want to validate too you need to use XmlReaderSettings and set up the schemas first. There is no need to use XmlDocument, you only need that i...

How do I get a
Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is typed in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter with no result. "patMO" <patMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F7993A3-3A9A-4CC4-87CA-240A354C6F7B@microsoft.com... > Two cells appear to be formatted the same. (Acctg/None/2) When a 0 is typed > in one a - appears...in the other a 0 appears. I've tried format painter > with no result. Format Cells-Custom and at the bottom there's a number of very long gibberish-looking formats - one...

Send datatable via XML
I have a VB application that I use to export data to the client's hard drive so they can import it into MSAccess. I can read the data into the datatable. How do I send a datatable via XML? I can send a dataset via XML but depending on the generated Select statement some columns are not included because there are no values. I need to include all columns and I think a datatable will do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. jd ...

data type mismatch
I am working on a report that should return only current members. In the CommitmentDate table, each time a member renews, their renewal date is entered along with the enrollment period which is typically one year. I created a query to give me the date to which the membership is valid. So if a member renews 7/29/2009 for one year, the query returns 7/29/2010 as the "valid to" date. Another column sorts them into "current" or "expired" members based on the current date. The query is working and it follows: SELECT MemberCommitmentDates.MemberLookup, ...

Read schema (xsd) to generate database
I'm trying to read an xsd into a DataSet to generate the SQL db that I will import the data into. I get a couple errors (one of which make sense) but am not sure how to work around them I'm using XmlDataDocument.DataSet.ReadXmlSchema() to try to read the schema at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/xml/schema/v3/OSDNFFeatures.xs I get an error stating 'System.ArgumentException: The same table (boundedBy) cannot be the child table in two nested relations.' This makes sense, I understand this is a limit of the DataSet trying to convert from xml to relational and gettin...

xml with inline xsl schema validation fails
Hi, I have an xml file with inline xsl when i try to validate with the schema it is throuing lot of errors is there any way to do this if i remove xsl and validate, it is woring fine Thanks madhumadala@gmail.com wrote: > I have an xml file with inline xsl when i try to validate with the > schema it is throuing lot of errors So you have one XML document which contains an XSLT stylesheet inline and you have an XSD schema document? Does the schema allow for the inline stylesheet? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

System.Array to XML #2
Hi.. Is there a way to convert a System.Array to XML... If you know thanks very much... if you don't... Please do not respond stupid things like " Yes -- many ways." I suspect that you have got many stupid responses like that in the past, perhaps that is because it is not a great question. Your intentions are not clear. To take your question literally, the simple answer is no. The is no TypeConverter or built in cast for converting from System.Array to XML. So now that we have established that your question is stupid, lets get on with solving your problem. The following inf...

Form/Subform/Command Button to Open Form
I have a table (1), one subform (2) and another "subform" (3), which is a form being opened by a command button on the subform (2). I have been agonizing over this for at least a week and cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong. (However, in my journey I have learned how to debug and use the immediate window!) The last straw was when I fixed one problem only to have a Type Mismatch error! Below is the code for the command button on the subform (2): Private Sub cmdbtnProgressNotes_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdbtnProgressNotes_Click Dim strLinkCriteria As St...

convert sql tables with parent-child keys of a nested structure into a nested xml file
I have 5 tables in SQL Server. Each with the following design and a sample chain of the relationships from the root (WRL - World) UUS is the 'Code' of the first table and it is the 'Parent' value of the second table, etc. Parent varchar 3 Name varchar 60 Code varchar 3 WRL United States UUS <- UUS California UCA <- UCA North Coast UNC <- UNC Sonoma County USO <- USO Russian River Valley URR If I have 6 tables with these relationships from root to these vineyard appellation locations, how could I convert this nested, hiearchical data from SQL Server tables into...

Receipt XML
I would like an extra claim receipt to be printed if a workorder has been issue with the ItemLookupCode "Service". I would print out an extra claim slip with the our company name, Name of customer, barcode number of workorder, Comments and a statement stating that items must be pickup within xx days of being repaired. Jeff if you out there - I' am sure you could do this in your sleep. Danny This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010A_01CA5BC8.98F39ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Outlook Express 6 suddenly prints all e-mail in very small type
I have a new Dell system with Windows XP, IE 6 and Outlook Express 6. Normally, everything is normal. Then suddenly OE prints all e-mail messages in very small type, even though in OE on the Menu ==> View ==> Text Size ==> Medium is set. The screen display is medium text. I keep IE 6 set to Text Size Smallest. If I change IE 6's Text Size to Medium, then once this phenomenon starts OE prints out e-mail as medium. For some reason OE starts looking at IE for the font size to use when outputing to the printer, but not the screen. I can correct this situation by using th...

ntbackup.exe for Exchange 2000
Hello, I am currently trying to backup Exchange 2000 Information Stores using ntbackup.exe, but have been unsuccessful. Then, I found the following documents: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303158 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q300439 They indicate that the Exchange 2000 Sever Information Stores cannot be backedup using ntbackup.exe with the IS and DS switches. Is there a way to use ntbackup.exe to script a backup of Exchange 2000 Server Information Stores? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. Vince Isn't it nice to see conflict...

Outlook Caused General Protection Fault In Module GDI.EXE #2
at 0001:00001810 I have labtop, using Windows 2000 ME and Microsft 2000 office suite for small business. Have 320K memory. Do i need to purchase the new xp operating system and the new office applications??? Thanks you for any help, You would be better off purchasing new hardware - faults in GDI are usually a sign of a hardware failure about to happen. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Craig <kucraig@swbell.net> asked: | at 0001:00001810 | | I have labtop, usin...

How to format two repeating XML elements w/o getting list of list
How do I set up an export spreadsheet with two repeating elements without getting the error "List of lists"? If I have a repeating node that also has repeating children I get errors no matter how I create the sheet! I can get this to work with ONE repeating element but then the XML gets very verbose with repetitious node names. Any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Outlook 2000
When I attempt to open OUTLOOK from the desk top icon, I receive an error message stating: "outlook.exe has generated errors. Does anyone have a correction for this problem or solution. PS - I also receive this error when I attempt to open outlook from: "start/programs. Thanks Can you get any more details about the error? "Breck" <Npba900@aol.com> wrote in message news:022e01c3674a$b2fc35e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to open OUTLOOK from the desk top icon, I > receive an error message stating: > > "outlook.exe has generated errors. ...

Need help change a particular word in an XML doc
Hello, I have an XML doc and I am trying to write a utility thath will allow me to change a particular word with my "title" section of theXML doc. I would like to look for a "word" in the title and then change only that "word" to something else. Below in XML file I would want to change "Issue" to "Concern". This is one snip of the XML file there may be many more instances of the word "Issue" that I would want to change. I know how to walk through the file and find the whole instance of a string, ie Add/Raise Issue and then repla...

Comparing two XML files in C#
Hallo everybody, I have the following problem. There are two XML files: first one (FIRST.xml) includes all products definition, the second one (SECOND.xml) is a product instance. What do I need is to compare these two files. Let's see an example: FIRST.xml <Product ID=""> <Element ID=""/> <Element ID=""/> ..... <Element ID=""/> </Product> SECOND.xml <Root> <Products> <Product ID=""> <Module Name=""/> <Module Name="...

Determining what type of e-mail has been sent to you.
Hi, I was just wondering how you can tell if the e-mail you recieved is plain text or html? The title bar of an opened message should state the format if you can't tell by looking at it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/co...