Xml Serialization Intermittent Failure

We have an ASP.NET site that performs a lot of xml serialization.  The serialization occurs in the lbolibrary dll.  Occasionally we get an .out file produced in the Winnt\temp folder that contains the following:

C:\WINNT\system32> "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe" /t:library /utf8output /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.xml\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.xml.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\lbolibrary\1.0.0.0__30b57061a1ea7c52\lbolibrary.dll" /R:"c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll" /out:"C:\WINNT\TEMP\yxouf9ik.dll" /debug- /optimize+ /w:1  "C:\WINNT\TEMP\yxouf9ik.0.cs

Can you explain this problem?  Our users get a filenotfound exception.  This occurs about once or twice every day

Thank

rober
Microsoft (R) Visual C# .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.432
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights reserved

c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(132,9): error CS0647: Error emitting 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access is denied.
c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(396,9): error CS0647: Error emitting 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access is denied.
ERROR: could not get the task list
0
anonymous (74722)

Robert,

The .out file is part of the normal workings of the XmlSerializer. Take a
look at my recent article on MSDN [0] to see if that helps finding the
source of the problem.

The questions I have though after reading your problem description is: Are
you instantiating XmlSerializer instances over and over or can you keep them
around? If you don't keep them around, which constructor overload are you
instantiating the instances with?

--
HTH
Christoph Schittko [MVP]

[0]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnxmlnet/html/trblshtxsd.asp

"Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have an ASP.NET site that performs a lot of xml serialization.  The
> serialization occurs in the lbolibrary dll.  Occasionally we get an .out
> file produced in the Winnt\temp folder that contains the following:-
>
> C:\WINNT\system32> "c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\csc.exe"
> /t:library /utf8output
> /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\system.xml\1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089\system.xml.dll"
> /R:"c:\winnt\assembly\gac\lbolibrary\1.0.0.0__30b57061a1ea7c52\lbolibrary.dll"
> /R:"c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll"
> /out:"C:\WINNT\TEMP\yxouf9ik.dll" /debug- /optimize+ /w:1
> "C:\WINNT\TEMP\yxouf9ik.0.cs"
>

> Can you explain this problem?  Our users get a filenotfound exception.
> This occurs about once or twice every day.
>
> Thanks
>
> robert
> Microsoft (R) Visual C# .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4
> for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights reserved.
>
> c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(132,9): error CS0647: Error emitting
> 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access
> is denied. '
> c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(396,9): error CS0647: Error emitting
> 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access
> is denied. '
> ERROR: could not get the task list

Hi Christop

I realize that the generation of the .out file is normal
My understanding is that this disappears once the assembly is compiled
However I have not seen following error in an .out file before:

Microsoft (R) Visual C# .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.432
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights reserved

c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(132,9): error CS0647: Error emitting 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access is denied.
c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(396,9): error CS0647: Error emitting 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access is denied.
ERROR: could not get the task lis

I am using the XmlSerializer(Type) constructor

Do you have any idea what could cause this

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 2:26:04 AM
Robert,

That error is somewhat confusing coming out of the compilation step. Have
you looked at the file that's causing the error?

Does the Type your serializing carry any special security attributes?

--

> Hi Christoph
>
> I realize that the generation of the .out file is normal.
> My understanding is that this disappears once the assembly is compiled.
> However I have not seen following error in an .out file before:-
>
> Microsoft (R) Visual C# .NET Compiler version 7.10.3052.4
> for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 1.1.4322
> Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2002. All rights reserved.
>
> c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(132,9): error CS0647: Error emitting
> 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access
> is denied. '
> c:\WINNT\Temp\yxouf9ik.0.cs(396,9): error CS0647: Error emitting
> 'System.Security.Permissions.PermissionSetAttribute' attribute -- 'Access
> is denied. '
> ERROR: could not get the task list
>
> I am using the XmlSerializer(Type) constructor.
>
> Do you have any idea what could cause this?
>
> Thanks

Christop

This error is intermittent, so the file is being compiled sometimes..
There are no special attributes on it

I am struggling trying to diagnose this one

Thanks for your help.
0
anonymous (74722)
6/4/2004 4:31:02 AM
Robert,

what are you doing to capture the error? Are you running your application
with the diagnostics swtich set so all files created by the XmlSerializer
stay in the temp dir so you can take a look at the line that's causing the
problem?

Are you always serializing the same types or how many different types are
you trying to serialize?

--
> Christoph
>
> This error is intermittent, so the file is being compiled sometimes...
> There are no special attributes on it.
>
> I am struggling trying to diagnose this one!
>
> Thanks for your help.

Problem on Serial Port under Windows CE .NET4.1 Emulator.
I am developping a program, and I wanna control the Serial PORT of desktop computer through the Emulator of standardSDK attached Windows CE .NET4.1. I am not success. In MS Windows CE .NET 4.1 Help I found that Emulator Limitations are as following, +----------------------------------------------- Universal serial bus (USB) devices PC Card devices Storage devices, which include compact flash (CF) cards and hard disks File system drivers, which include file allocation table (FAT), compact disc (CD), and digital video disc (DVD) drivers IEEE 1394 devices -----------------------------------...

MSXML2 to Load xml document using ISO-8859-1 encoding
HI My application connects to the UPS server which returns an ISO-8859-1 encoded XML response. I need a part of this response, ie. the AccessLicenseAgreement , which i need to display in my application and then return to the UPS server with the next request. Their server matches what they sent me with what i return back to them. Due to the difference in the encoding method it returns an Invalid AccessLicenseAgreement error back to me. I set my request Processing Instruction to ISO-8859-1 encoding, but i still get the same error from them. I am guessing the problem is when i read it in using Lo...

How to create EXE having some XML files ?
Hello there I am designing one application that would create one exe and pack some resources in it(Like some XML files). Is there any way to do this ? If you are unable to understand it, please Let me know. I'd try to elaborate on it more. ...

serialize on inheritance chain
I looked through the docs and couldn't figure this out. If you have a heirarchy: CObject<--B<--A To Serialize an A object, do you need to use the DECLARE_SERIAL in B, since A::Serialize() calls B::Serialize() ? Or (as I suspect is the case) do you only have to use DECLARE_SERIAL on the actual class that will be serialized? Thanks in advance, Aaron Anodide ...

MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure
Last week I installed 2 updates for MS office from the MS site. Since then i have been getting Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure/Could Not Initialize CLR/Unknown Error 3 or 4 times as Outlook opens. Then for the first few minutes I can use Outlook normally, after a few minutes it just freezes when trying to open email or an attachment. I have used the disks to repair Office and Outlook. I don't know what it is trying to repair as you just watch the progress bar move across the screen. So far it is not fixed. Does anyone know what to do to correct this? ...

Need help modifying XML file...

Auto Reconcile Failures
Hello, I've been living with this problem for about a year. It started when I installed MSMoney 2004. At the same time I turned on the option to auto-reconcile. I quickly figured out that auto-reconcile really means never-balance-again. So I immediately turned it off. Unfortunately, my online transactions always auto-reconcile anyway. The option is off and has stayed off, but all online transactions continue to auto-reconcile. MSMoney also has the following problems: When I first start to balance, the proposed balancing date is way into the future. I always have to set the date ba...

Handling Double Quote in Xml
HI All How Can I handle the Double Quote in xml when i am trying to write the Xml File From XmTextWriter Class in System.Xml NameSpace When I try to Write DoubleQoute(") From dataSet to xml File it Replaces Doubly Quote by (_x0022) by this <_x002_MapName>ProjectName</_x002_MapName> Or If there is Any Comma it does like this <_x002C_MapName>ProjectName</_x002C_MapName> Tell me How Can I handle This Thanks and Regards Amit Goel Project Engineer ..NET group, Global MicroSoft Business Unit (GMSBU) Wipro Technologies, Madhapur, Hyderabad, India Phone: +91-4...

GP10 Integration Manager with XML Input Sources
Hi, Just been setting up my GP10 Test environment and have installed the IM component. The IM setup routine asked me for a User Name and SQL instance for the eConnect component which was accepted by the install as valid. NOW, I don't have any XML Source adapters and my existing XML sourced integrations are ruled as invalid. Can someone tell me what I have doen wrong as to only have ODBC and Text input options to integrations....... (Text !!! Grrrrr). Our Partner is reduced to one line responses in e-mails which are getting shorter and shorter. TIA. Cheers. R. ...

Write dataset to xml and back again to dataset?
Before a delete on any table, I would like to write the contents of the soon-to-be-deleted row to that application's single "graveyard" table (alternate: or document as coded below). SQL Server 2005 solution: I would store the tablename, today's date, username, and the key column values of the soon-to-be deleted row as the composite key of the new graveyard table row. The soon-to-be-deleted row's data would be stored in a single xml-type column. XML File solution: composite key from above would be the name of a filename.xml file. The data from the soon-to-be-deleted...

Format Xml Document in VS2005
On advice of Stan Kitsis on this forum, I was able to format in VS an XML document by Selecting Edit / Advanced / Format document. It worked. But now I am attempting to do the same thing again, with the same xml document, and the format command is no longer on the list. When I press Ctrl-K, Ctrl-D, a message on the status bar says "The key combination (Ctrl+K, Ctrl+D is bound to command (Format Document) which is not currently available." So how do I cause that command to be available again? Thanks, Randy Neall Forget it. I had forgotten I was in a debugging session at the time...

CString leak when serializing
Hi all, I monitor my app using Memory Validator and it reports several leaks at strcore.cpp line 118. Here is an example of the call stack (latest at the top) CString::AllocBuffer (strcore.cpp line 118) CString::GetBuffer (strcore.cpp line 493) CString::GetBufferSetLength (strcore.cpp line 521) operator>> (arccore.cpp line 245) operator>> (my_own_file.cpp line xyz) // first of my own files In my own file I basicly do CString str; archive >> str; // archive is a CArchive object I am reading // work with str from now on.... The archive is created elsewhere like this CFil...

string and xml useage
Am I using strings properly in the code below? The code is working but not sure if my conversions are normal / standard / acceptable. CComPtr <IXMLDOMDocument2> m_pDocument; hr = m_pDocument.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_DOMDocument2); DEBUG_HR(hr); .... add elements to m_pDocument ... // create indented xml CComBSTR bRootXml; CString rootXml; hr = m_pDocument->get_xml(&bRootXml.m_str); DEBUG_HR(hr); rootXml = bRootXml; // add cariage returns between tags rootXml.Replace("><", ">\n<"); TRACE("rootXml:\n%s...

setting timeout in XML controls
Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes? --Buddy Hi, If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp Regards, Ion Vasilian -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message news:uHqaoAkmDHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

ESMTP and email failure?
Just recently, when I send an email I get the following alert from McAfee: McAfee VirusScan has detected that you are using an unsupported SMTP extension from your e-mail client. To ensure that your e-mail messages are scanned, you must turn off the SMTP extension in your e-mail client. I don't care about my emails being scanned but is this related to the following email delay notifications I am suddenly getting a lot of: MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed. Message is waiting at mississippiprinting.com for delivery to mx1.hotmail.com. Reason: Mail Server for hotmail.com...

LINQ to XML and Amazon Webservices
Hi, I'm having a hard time in using LINQ on XML returned from Amazon Webservices. I'm using the 2008 beta 2 on an XP machine. the code I'm using is: ========= Dim s As String s = "http://ecs.amazonaws.com/onca/xml?" & _ "Service=AWSECommerceService&" & _ "AWSAccessKeyId=1234&" & _ "AssociateTag=my-tag&" & _ "ResponseGroup=Small&" & _ "Operation=ItemSearch&" & _ ...

XML data entry for given XML schema
Hello, maybe this qustion sounds silly but in VS2005, I'm looking for the same possibilty to entry data for a predefined XML schema in grid view. In VS2003, you were able to do it if you simply set the target schema of your new XML file (which contains nothing besides the xml version line) and switch to data view. This simple way of data entry seems to be gone in VS2005, or is it hidden somewhere else? Thanks Stephan Hofmann Open xml file, right click and select "View Data Grid" -- Stan Kitsis Program Manager, XML Technologies Microsoft Corporation This posting is prov...

SOAP xml
Fedex in the US is changing their method of dealing with their servers for submitting packages, tracking , etc. The old method was a formatted Xml file submitted via an HTTP Post. You then parsed the returned Xml that contained the information requested. Now they are phasing that out in favor of a web service using WSDL SOAP messages. I took one of their VB.Net samples and have sucessfully tracked packages and received Proof of Delivery Pdf files. However I have a problem when I deal with Fedex tech support when I have questions about some of their other services, for example Address ...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

OT: Serial comms
I have a card reader attached to COM1 and 'reportedly' set for 9600 baud. I don't know the stopbits, flow control, et cetera, but it is supposed to set for usualy system defaults for Windows (8,1,N, et cetera.) Sadly, even though I'm running "Advanced Serial Data Logger" in 'spy' mode I don't see any data when the device is supposedly transmitting. Now, there's a MILLION reasons why the thing could be screwed up; however, I have this crazy nagging feeling in the back of my head about 'com ports being turned off' or 'disabled' or some...

Serializing XmlNamespaceManager
Hi All, Is it possible to serialize an instance of XmlNamespaceManager? = I'd like to use it to manage a collection of namespaces and save= that collection for later use but when attempting to serialize= it, I get an error message indicating that XmlNamespaceManager= is not serializable=2E 'The type System=2EXml=2EXmlNamespaceManager in Assembly System=2EXml,= =2E=2E=2E is not marked as serializable=2E' Is there a way to make a class like XmlNamespaceManager= serializable? Thanks, Dan ----------------------- Posted by a user from =2ENET 247 (http://www=2Edotnet247=2Ecom/...

XML XSL FO PDF
Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET? I have the XSL FO from XML, and now use client based FOP software. I have seen a few commercial packages for FO->PDF but they are costly (1000 dollars). news wrote: > Can I use XML->XSL->FO->PDF in .NET? Sure but only with some third-part library. .NET doesn't support XSL-FO natively. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com I am using FOP which I downloaded from somewhere (forgotten), can you recommend anything for the FO handling? I found the XSL a dream in .NET and hoped that .NET had something intrinsic ...

Escape codes embedded in XML
Hello, I have built an XMLDocument object instance and I get the following string when I examine the InnerXml property: <?xml version=\"1.0\"?><ROOT><UserData UserID=\"2282\"><Tag1 QID=\"55111\"><Tag2 AID=\"5511101\"></Tag2></Tag1><Tag1 QID=\"55112\"><Tag2 AID=\"5511217\"></Tag2></Tag1><Tag1 QID=\"5512282\"><Tag2 AID=\"551228206\"></Tag2></Tag1><Tag1 QID=\"55114\"><Tag2 AID=\"5511406\"></Ta...

Serializing object to XmlDocument (or string)
I am on .NET 2.0 and am trying to serialize an object to an XmlDocument (or a string which I can then create an XmlDocument from). What I have so far is (User is my class); XmlSerializer x = new XmlSerializer(typeof(User)); MemoryStream memStream = new MemoryStream(); How can I get this to a string or an XmlDocument? The serialization works fine as if I serialize to a text file (using StreamWriter), everything looks fine. I've try converting to bytes, reading on XmlWriter, but nothing seems to work. Thanks, ...

XML Format
I am looking for documentation on the XML format required to import Vendors into Great Plains and to import Vendor invoices into Great Plains. Is this documented somewhere? I already have the format for Sales but can't find the format for these types of transactions and vendor information. Our requirements are very simple and we do not need the enhanced features of Integration manager. Jean, Using what to import with? The only "built in" tool to GP is the Import Utility which only takes a flat csv or tab file and not XML. So I'm pretty sure that isn't what ...