XML not opening in Word 2003 when requested from IE 6

I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a
processing instruction in it for Word.Document).  When this file is requested
from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003
and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to.
However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight
XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document.  Checked all
the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the
others for the "open" and "edit" entries.

I'm outta ideas, anybody have any clue what could be causing this?  Getting
ready to rebuild box so any quick reply would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
0
RandyB (10)

I am having the same issue.. was there any resolution to this?
Meena

"RandyB" wrote:

> I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a
> processing instruction in it for Word.Document).  When this file is requested
> from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003
> and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to.
> However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight
> XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document.  Checked all
> the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the
> others for the "open" and "edit" entries.
>
> I'm outta ideas, anybody have any clue what could be causing this?  Getting
> ready to rebuild box so any quick reply would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Thanks
Meena,

What I had to do was find a machine that was accessing the web app and
correctly pulling up the Word Document.  Then I used the registry editor to
export the Word keys (forgot which ones...I think the one for Word and .doc)
and then imported them on the machine that was not working.  That did it for
me.

Hope this helps,
Randy

"Meena Bhashyam" wrote:

> I am having the same issue.. was there any resolution to this?
> Meena
>
> "RandyB" wrote:
>
> > I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a
> > processing instruction in it for Word.Document).  When this file is requested
> > from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003
> > and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to.
> > However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight
> > XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document.  Checked all
> > the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the
> > others for the "open" and "edit" entries.
> >
> > I'm outta ideas, anybody have any clue what could be causing this?  Getting
> > ready to rebuild box so any quick reply would be GREATLY appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks
0
RandyB (10)

Outlook 2003 features
1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Project-like use of Tasks (e.g., does it permit sub tasks) like Microsoft Schedule Plus? 2. Does Outlook 2003 have a Gantt chart feature? No on both counts...but you might want to poke around www.slipstick.com and see if there are any 3rd party addins that would add this functionality. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:296a301c4652b$32cdbe40$a401280a@phx.gbl, Sherry wrote: > 1. Does Outlook 2003 permit a Pr...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

Word hangs when I try to edit text

Outlook 2003 won't send 1 message
I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just started today after I loaded a lot of Windows XP Professional updates off the Microsoft site. One message is hung in my outbox; if I write a new message, it moves to the hung position and won't send. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with Outlook 2003. I just can't send the message. Anyone have any ideas? "kenc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:085601c3bc08$e6e7ff70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm having the same problem as Joshua..and it just > started today after I loa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

PERSONAL Workbook is not opening
WHen I open Excel, my PERSONAL workbook is not opening, then I can't access to my Macros. I have checked if its located in the XLSTART folder and it is. Can you help me to solve this out? Maybe personal.xls was disabled... xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks. They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them. If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled Items...". Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there, too. If the workbook is real...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Problems with MS-DateTime-Picker 6.0
My userform has a Multipage control on top. My Microsoft Date-Time-Picker 6.0 Control is sitting on "Page 1" of the Multi-page control. If I change to "Page 2" and try to access the ".Value" of the DTPicker control, it will return an error value. (It is returning the year 1899). What is wrong here? Does the DTPicker need to be on the visible page to be used?? Are there any other things I should know about this DTPicker control? Robert, You could assign the DTPicker's value to a public date variable in its change event. HTH, Be...

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

Registry hack for keeping Outlook 2003 in same state as it was when last closed?
Is there a registry hack that will allow me to keep Outlook, and any opened email windows, in the same position and state that they were when I last closed Outlook 2003? For instance, there are a number of calendars and messages that I prefer to have open each time I restart Outlook 2003. Is there a registry setting that will allow Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to remember the state of all the opened windows? What do you mean exactly? Do you want them opened each time you open Outlook, or do you mean when you have Outlook open, you want them to open in the same position as the last t...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

badmail #6
I am running Exchange Best practices Analyzer and it comes back with the error : BadMail messages (NDR of DSN) exceeds an average of 1000 per day for SMTP instance 'Default SMTP Virtual Server' on server "Newman" There may be a mail flow problem. BadMail message average per day: 83969. Since there is no badmail folder and I do get a few NDR's in my event viewer but not even close to the number referenced above. How can I check this and where does the Badmail go now that there is no folder? Thanks in advance for your help. P.S. Also I have a lot of messages in t...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Open windows explorer
Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder? Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

Outlook XP and 2003
Weird Outlook 2002 and 2003 problem. If I start a message from within Outlook and attach a file it sends normally, but if I try and send by hitting the 'mail' button from within Word or Excel (filling in the pertinent info and hit send) the message just goes to the Outlook's outbox and will not go out no matter how many times I hit 'send and receive'. The same goes for files or pictures if I go to the file 1st and do a R-click send to mail. They just end up in the outbox and will not send. -- "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!" - Alceryes ...

dotnet to XML, why SOAP?
We have an API that has an XML interface. We have a client who has a .NET application and wants to use our API. Why will SOAP make life easier for our client? It seems to me that .NET to XML should be easy enough, but they're saying they want SOAP interface. thanks. c "c" <me@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eCwKxJkAEHA.3016@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We have an API that has an XML interface. We have a client who has a .NET > application and wants to use our API. > > Why will SOAP make life easier for our client? It allows your customer to consider com...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...