XML extension cause file download loop

All,

Suddenly. When I click on an XML file expecting it to open in IE, it begins
the file download screen, then attempts to open IE. These 2 screens flash in
an endless loop.

What's up with that???

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks

--
Mike Gasperino
Sr. Software Developer

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North
Carolina Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third
parties

announ (3)

Hello!

> Suddenly. When I click on an XML file expecting it to open in IE, it begins
> the file download screen, then attempts to open IE. These 2 screens flash in
> an endless loop.
>
> What's up with that???
>
> Any ideas are welcome!

Your question will be welcome in the IE Newsgroup,
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser :)

--
Pascal Schmitt

Refresh Excel file
After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? This doesn't seem like an Excel question. Maybe you could explain what you're trying to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "excel dummy" <excel dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3007EE5-7CC7-45F7-B6E0-BCAB71199012@microsoft.com... | After refreshing an Excel file, does the record stay at the one you were | working on or does it go back to the first record of the file? ...

Backup on file close
Is there any way to make Publisher create a backup copy of a file as you close it after making changes to a publication. I sometimes forget to 'save as' when I have revised a publication so when I close the orginal - which I intended to keep - it gets overwritten. I know it asks if you want to save changes, but I forget that I haven't actually 'saved as' under a new name! Word creates backups - for which I am grateful as I can then open them and re-save. I would suggest doing a Save As when you first start on your revisions rather than at the end. That way it&#...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

downloaded transactions
How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't there? I've downloaded my statements, they are imported into the account, Money tells me how many I need to review, but they aren't there as they usually are (bolded). I have tried to "accept all", to no avail. Any advice? Thanks, Bartley Try the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900 "bartley" <bartleycox@msn.com> wrote in message news:0bad01c35d3c$2e32d4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren...

Can't View Downloaded Items to Review
In my transaction view, after connecting to my Bank, I usually have items that show up in my transactions list based on how many items were downloaded. I have 8 Items for Review, but they do not show up in the transaction list?!?!?! Try the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900&Product=mny "Dalton" <geoff@2bones.com> wrote in message news:e6EFv8vgDHA.520@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In my transaction view, after connecting to my Bank, I usually have items > that show up in my transactions list based on how many items were...

How often do you download financial data?
I tend to download/update my bankstatements in Money once a day. Wondering if others do this or if its a weekly thing for them? I have mine setup for every 3 hours -- but this is only so I can be reasonably sure that all statements will have downloaded when I look at the file first thing in the morning. -- "BoDEAN" <jbo@aol.com> wrote in message news:lcgkjv8htndmkh0kf3j6hedjej17omq2m0@4ax.com... > I tend to download/update my bankstatements in Money once a day. > Wondering if others do this or if its a weekly thing for them? > > ...

application.getopenfilename to open a file saved on a server
How do I set the current drive if I wish to us application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I wish to vie is on a server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ChDrive "C:\" -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dovrox >" <<dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:dovrox.1654sh@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I set the current drive if I wish to use > application.getopenfilename to open a file if the folder I w...

Can't create file: FAX.TIF
I keep getting this error message when I try to open faxes that come down over our server. Here is the entire message. Can't create file: FAX.TIF. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. I have checked the properties for the Inbox and for the Office Document Imaging and all of that is fine. We were able to open faxes fine, then one day a Smiley bar appeared in Outlook and then we were not able to open the faxes anymore. Also, I have removed Outlook and reinstalled. I hav...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

Attach file in header
MS Access 2007. I am having users enter and update data in a split form. I would like to put an Excel Workbook file as an attachment that can be downloaded by users (so that they could populate that template with many rows of data instead of manually entering on Access form). I put an attachment field in the header and attached the file, but that only "stuck" on the record that I was on at the time. How can I make an external file always available for download? ...

Converting Publisher Files to PDF Format
When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a message that says "The size of the paper you have chosen is too small to show the printer markings", but when my commercial printing guy takes my same Publisher files and converts them, it works. What am I doing wrong. I've already talked to Adobe and they think that my Acrobat Distiller is set up properly. I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, Windows XP Professional, Publisher 2003 and an IBM desktop with 260 gigabytes of memory ediejensen wrote: > When I try to convert Publisher files to PDF format I get a mess...

Enumerate open file handles of a process
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a process. My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and if it acquires a handle to a particular file, I want to close that handle from my monitoring application. Thanks. Get Nebbitt's "Undocumented Windows 2000 API" joe On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:27:37 -0700, RedHawk <rajbhumagani@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can someone please tell me how to enumerate all the open handles of a >process. >My objective is to write an application that monitors a process and i...

Cannot download .pdf files in one webpage only
I've a paid subscription to a newspaper and have problems getting in and downloading subscription via .pdf. Before it used to work fine. I tried with Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It doesn't work in any of the two computers at home with any of those browsers. In the office with office computer it works but at home with office computer it doesn't work. I thought then it would be a problem with the connection. Checked first with the Newspaper, then with the Wireless router technical service and last with the internet provider and everything is fine. ...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...

ISPAI Extension
I'm using the ITS_RAW type to upload a the contents of a file to my MFC ISAPI DLL. The file content can be large (20MB) and so takes a while (say 5 minutes), I'd like to be able to send a message to the user that something is happening. I've tried using the writeclient function but nothing is returned to the user until transmission of the file is complete. I though I'd be able to do something by overloading CallFunction and doing a writeclient from there but this makes no differenece. It appears as though the transmission must be complete before anything is done. Any i...

Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract
Hello Outlook Group: I'm normally an Access and Excel VBA programmer, but my client wants me to scrape the text from a select email address and insert it into an Access memo column. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (VBA approach would be fine) so that when an email is received in a selected account, the message would also be extracted to a directory as a text file and then the Outlook message would be moved to some history folder. Once the text file exists in a predefined folder , I will just have Access periodically check the folder for files, grab the text, ...

WAV File not downloading properly
I have a application that stores a wav file into the database. I retrieve the wav file through a web service call that gets the file. When I try to send the file through the response stream it seems the file gets changed. If I save the file to disk it works properly. Here is my latest endeavor Response.ClearContent(); Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + "test.wav"); BinaryWriter bw = new BinaryWriter(Response.OutputStream); bw.Write(objPromptStorageOut.promptwave); bw.Close(); Response.ContentType = ATACUtility.getMim...

PST Files #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3E124.D010CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3E124.D010CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0039_01C3E124.D010CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I copied my pst files to the server. The n I upgraded my workstation from Win 98 to Win 2000. When I try to import my pst file, back to the workstation, it copies = over, but there is no data... Can someone tell me what is happening??? Charles L. Ph...

Sharing an excel file onto webserver?
MS Excel 2002 (SP2) Windows2000/XP/Linux webserver Hi Newbie question: Is it possible to put a spreadsheet up onto a webserver and have different members of our company (who are located in different cities[!]) each access the same file. Ideally it would lock itself if anyone was trying to do edit /update the spreadsheet, so as to stop anyone else from over-writing their content at the same time... - Is this possible... anyone tried it?! Ship Shiperton Henethe I have managed to get two PCs *reading* the same copy of an Excel (2002)...

XML Dataset editor
Hi, I am making a flash card type program for the PocketPC. I am using a dataset to contain the cards, all of that works great. I thought I would just import the XML into word or excel, copy/paste the data from other sources or add new records, and then save it as xml. As i have Office XP, that does not work. Is there a freeware XML dataset editor out there? I've found many editors, but I just need something simple - oriented towards a dataset with a couple of tables. Making something like this would not be that hard, but would sort of be re-inventing the wheel. Any suggestions? th...

Money 2002 opening MOney 2003 file
Hi I have Money 2002 at home but then I have been working on my file with Money 2003 in the office. Now I can't open up the Moeny 2003 file with the 2002 version It asks me for a password and i never put in a password. please help! Please send reply to my email. thanks! You cannot open a 2003 file with 2002. The file is not backwards compatible. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.a...

Set "allow inheritable permissions to propagate..." to folders, subfolders, files with script
Is there a dsacls syntax or vbscript that I can use to enable the "allow inheritable permissions to propagate...etc" setting to all folders, subfolders, files? I have about 500 user home folders and half of them are not set to inherit and the rest are. Instead of manually going into each one, is there a better method? This really has nothing to do with Active Directory Script out using setacl http://setacl.sourceforge.net/ Freeware from SourceForge -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever)...

Outlook User Files
Using Windows XP Pro - and had someone change my administrator paswword, and through this did some reconfiguring with my user sets up, when logged in as Administrator. Next time I logged in as my user name, opened Outlook, my Outlook user profile could not be found? The files have been moved. How do I find my existing Outlook user data to include .pst, .pab. amd downloaded emails and set up again? Thanks .. ...

Importing ECCO v4.01 files to Outlook 2002 contacts.
I selected in Outlook 2002: IMPORT & EXPORT, IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM OR FILE, ECCO 2.0-4.0, FILE TO IMPORT. And received below error message; ======================= A File error has occured in the ECCO 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 translator while getting the contents of a file system. Time out! The ECCO Application could not find the file. Try opening "C:\Program Files\ECCCO\RELATIVES & FRIENDS.eco" and leave ECCO running before attempting this translation. ======================== Next logical step was to check the MS Knowledgebase; Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278077...

Having a different Excel file on Each Screen (Multiple Monitors)
HI, I've noticed with WORD I can have one word document up on one of my screens and another file in a different screen but for some reason I can't do it with Excel. Am I doing somethign wrong? Thanks Don't know that you're doing anything wrong, just maybe not enough right. Got to Window>New Window, then go to Window>Arrange and pick how you want to have the windows of your workbook positioned. You can the work back & forth, even on different sheets in each window. If you want more than 2 windowns on the same workbook, just repeat the process as necessary (do...