XML data button missing

In Visual Studio 2003, when I bring up an XML document, there are 2 buttons
right under the document. One says "XML" and the other says "Data" which
shows the xml data in a grid where you can enter data if needed.

In Visual Studio 2005 or 2008, I don't have those buttons anymore when I
bring up an XML document.

Does anyone know where they were moved to?

Thanks,
Chris

0
strobelc (2)

Checking Data Change on Close
I want a data editing form to check for any changes when an exit button is clicked. So here is the following code that I have done. (I always get Run Time Error 13. Type Mismatch) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Private Sub Form_Close() If Me.DataChange Then Dim strMsg As String Dim Cancel As Integer strMsg = "Data has changed." strMsg = strMsg & " Do you wish to save the changes?" strMsg = strMsg & " Click Yes to Save or No to Discard changes." If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, &...

Missing something with datevalue
If I type (in B2) 10/10/08 and enter =DATEVALUE(B2) (in D2) I get #VALUE! If I type (in E2) =DATEVALUE("10/10/08") I get 39731, why do I receive the #VALUE! error? Sandy =datevalue() converts a string that looks like a date to a date. If you entered 10/10/08 in the cell, then I bet you already entered a date--and that doesn't need to be converted. ps. Change the format of the cell with the formula to be able to see a real date. Sandy wrote: > > If I type (in B2) 10/10/08 and enter =DATEVALUE(B2) (in D2) I get #VALUE! > If I type (in E2) =DATEVALUE("10/10/0...

Graphing Multiple Data Points
What would be the best way to graph this and how? I've been trying to do a line graph because this is how we wanted it displayed but I'm having a hard time trying to figure this out. Sample Data Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Week 1 Occupancy 56% 65% 54% 75% 80% 82% 54% ADR $80.00 $85.00 $84.50 $86.50 $89.50 $84.26 $86.54 Week 2 Occupancy ADR Week 3 Occupany ADR Week 4 Occupancy ADR T...

Importing data & email from ACT! 6.0
Can someone tell me how this is done? I gather I should be able to go to Import, Import from another file or program, and then ACT! should be there as an option (but it is not). This is where I get stuck. if you are looking at importing data from outlook to act please find the attached link for more details http://itdomino.act.com/act.nsf/0/c2667caf1c0a2a0c88256c0f00512395?OpenDocum ent&Highlight=2,How,to,import,Outlook,in,ACT! -------------------- ====Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message ====From: <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ====Sender: <anonymous@discussi...

Excel Pivottable using data in Access 2002
I have been using Access 2000 to hold tables with lots ( 200,000 rows ) of data. In Access 2000 you can make a Pivottable Form which starts Excel and really makes the pivottable there although the data actually stays in Access. Works great. I've recently gotten Access 2002 which tries to make the Pivottables itself. It's not as good. I want this new verson of Access to work with Excel like the old version. This new verson offers to let me "export" the pivottable, but that tries to start Excel and copy the data in and there's too much data for it to be able to do tha...

Input a date using a Form Button.
Hi, Please help as I'm totally lost with this one! I'm doing a little project for work and I have come across a littl problem with a date input that I have set up using a Form Button. No this button once pressed enters the date just as I want, into th correct Cell (the buttons called "Todays Date") Now I have recorded macro so that the button executes the =TODAY() comand - which is fin untill the date changes!! As you can emagine I need the date to stay a it was when first pressed as its a database I'm trying to compile. Does this make any sense to you all?? I will...

Merge and/or export data on excel spreadsheet
My boss as asked me to find out if I can use the data in an excel spreadsheet (Names & addresses and e-mail addresses) to convert to a label in word and also to use it to easily export the addresses in outlook to send updated materials. Instead of retyping the information each time you want a label or retyping the e-mail addresses each time you send a new promotion. Try this web page of David McRitchie's: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may be...

Optimizing searches in readonly XML
Hi, I try to optimize a high loaded site ... the site needs to store in memory, a 400 tags XML that will be queried many times by many users (it have some biz rules)... I wonder if exists something like "compiled XML" or "binary XML" and clases in dotnet that optimize this queries by time and resources... Thx in advance. Sebastian Melgin Melgin wrote: > I try to optimize a high loaded site ... the site needs to store in memory, > a 400 tags XML that will be queried many times by many users (it have some > biz rules)... > I wonder if exists something ...

System.xml.xmlnode class and XSD file
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. I've done other web consuming client programs for services that passed datatables. This service i am trying to consume has it's function type as system.xml.xmlnode. When i added the web service, i thought it would generate an XSD for me, but it did not. It did for previous programs. I'm not sure if is supposed to. The service i am trying to consume is at: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx...

Mapping a big xml-file to relational database
Hi, everyone! in the lab couse this semester we are asked to transfer a big xml file (more than 300MB) with DTD into a relational database. Any ideas how we can do it effenciently? Thank you and best wishes, Nonym * A. Nonym wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >in the lab couse this semester we are asked to transfer a big xml file >(more than 300MB) with DTD into a relational database. Any ideas how we >can do it effenciently? That depends a bit on the complexity of the mapping. One way would be to use the pull-parser to transform the XML into a comma separated values file and...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

finding data between two numbers (1000-1999)and totaling correspo.
I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that start with 10.. I have to total the numbers from a corresponding column of all that match this criteria and display it. one way: With 4 digit numbers in A1:A1000, and corresponding column B: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(A1:A1000/100)=10),B1:B1000) In article <C4DEBCF8-A553-4D5C-8B22-9251CCE9177D@microsoft.com>, plasticmaker <plasticmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that > start with 10.. I have to total the numbers fro...

Create a button to find the next record
Hi I am trying to create a button to find the next record for a particular studentID. There is a main form and subform. I want to be able to find all relevent subforms for a particular student. The master link id is STUDENTID and the child link id is STUDENTID_FK. So for student #1, when I click on the subform and click on the button, it would cycle through all this student's records. What is the best way to set up this button? Thank you for your help in advance. You already have one that is built in. Just click the navigation button right of the record number ...

open form with no data
Hi, I have a form on which i present al lot of data from a database. On the form is a comobox which i use to select the right record en present the data of this record on the form. When i open de form, de combobox is empty (which is good !) but the rest of the form is already filled with the data of a record in the database (which is not good). When i choose a record for the combobox, the form is filled with the data of that particular record (which is good). So the only problem i have is on opening the form. Is it possible to open the form without it being filled with data...

Plotting data points on 2 axis
I have a table in excel Col A: name of stores Col B: % scores on Parameter A Col C: % scores on Parameter B I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis. The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants. While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants of the chart. How can i plot such a chart. Plz help. Regards Nikhil Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B). Format each axis scale so the other axis crosse...

automatic data transfer
I have a workbook with a number of sheets in it. The first sheet is the main "data" sheet. It holds data in about 15 columns. The first column is a specific ID. The data varie but the number of possible ID's is only about 23. In addition to the main "data" sheet there are subsequent Sheets titled by each individual ID. What I would like to happen is for every time I enter data in the main "data" sheet to automatically be transferred to the subsequent sheets depending on the specific Id. ...

How do I keep chart/data link when copying worksheet
I have a worksheet for each month within a file - each worksheet has data tables, and some charts generated from that data. With Excel 2003, when I copied a worksheet within the same file (for example, to create the July sheet, by copying the June sheet) the charts in the new (copied) July sheet correctly linked to the July data. When I do the same in Excel 2007, the charts in the July sheet link back to the June data instead. I have looked through the options and cannot see how to do this. Is the data on the same sheet as the chart? In 2003, if the chart was on a different worksheet, ...

How/where to store my encoded HTML? In DB? In XML?
We have a parent-child table set up to maintain content. When this table is updated, I do a recursive call through the data and spit out an XML file. Then, when we want to display this content, I load up the XML file, attach the XSL file to it, and do the transformation via VB.net and send it off to the browser. The problem is that much of this content is HTML. As such, I'm storing it in the database as encoded HTML. I'm confused as to when/where I should decode it. For starters, I just grabbed the raw data from the DB, spit out the XML, and then in my XSL file, added a few ...

adding records to multiple tables in MSDE 2000 from XML using ADO.NET
I am using .NET web aplication and MSDE 2000. I receive new record in XML format which I want to add into MSDE 2000. I am doing it as below. Private Sub InsertNew(ByVal sData1 As String) Dim SR1 As System.IO.StringReader = New System.IO.StringReader(sData1) DS1.ReadXml(SR1) SqlDataAdapter1.Update(DS1) End Sub This works fine with one table. But say, I receive following XML data: <ORDER> <COMPANY>DIXON</COMPANY> . . . <ITEMS> <ITEM> <NAME>SONY - 32 inch</NAME> <QTY...

HITB Reset Tool Data Integrity has 38 pages of errors
I ran the inventory reconcile in the reset tool, then the data integrity and have 38 pages of error "open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." I checked one of the items in the IV10200 table and see that there is a 0 value for some of the records. How could an item have NO valuation method for a few records? This is a required field. The dates of these few records falls in the middle of the other data that has values. We've never changed our valuation methods, so is it safe to set these zeros to 1 to match our item card (ie FIF...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

Missing email content, body text, from etc
I have one user on our exchange 5.0 system thats having some weird problems. We have a exchange 5.0 box that handles internal mail. We also have pop accounts with our ISP. In the client (Outlook 2000) I get the pop account to drop all the pop email into the exchange mailbox. Everything seems to be working okay from inside the network. We have another building with computers setup. This computers (XP) have a vpn connection and outlook XP set up the same as it would be on the internal network. Users connect via the vpn connection and then open outlook. It shows their exchange box and also coll...

post card mail merge from excel data base
2 post card files, 1st file is info for front of card, 2nd post card file has return address and is used with mail merge. Can print either file and the printer prints on every page. With mail merge selected printer prints on one page, skips a page and prints on the 3rd page. I assume that it is printing the blank first page of the 2nd file. Why, How do I get arround this? Printer is Dell 1600n w/ no duplexing option. ...

toolbar button
I cannot modify toolbar buttons. When I click on customize, the modify button is grayed out. Any suggestions? Just to be sure : 1. Tools > Customize > Commands Tab 2. Select Macros in left ListBox 3. Select Custom Button on right side. 4. Select the toolbar button that you are trying to modify. And you're still not able to modify your button? HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. ----------------------------------------------...

Excel Function for select data which NOT exist from the list
There are 2 data sets are assumed running in A3 and in B3 down, viz.: In A3 down is: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and L In B3 down is: B, A, H, C, F, I, K, J, H, C and J. The result which I want is to list or select the data which is NOT exist in the second set of data (Col B) when compare to the first set of data. In my example, the result is D, E, G, and L actomactic appear in cell C3, C4, C5 and C6 accordingly. I need an Excel formula to have this result! Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200804/1 Try thi...