xml as a new layer

Hi,
    Currently I have 3 layers in my application (client,business logics,server). I want to use xml layer in between client and server, I want some examples in which data must pass through from my Editable Grid to XML and from XML file to my Server.

what is the real need to use XML in this scenario?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
CT
0
CT

Serializing Array with array "name" in the XML

How to set Excel to open a new window for each application
When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my original spreadsheet. How to I get it back to previous settings? Tools-->Options, View tab. Check Windows in Taskbar. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052E3C3A-8A1A-4EB4-BE2D-B6E09D4D247F@microsoft.com... > When I choose a spreadsheet to open, I want it to open a new window. This > used to happen but now opens in the same instance, just hiding my ori...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

How to add a new domain to Exchange 2003?
Hey everyone, We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Our email domain is "mycompany.com". We would like to tell Exchange also except email for domain "newdomain.com". How do I add that at the Exchange level? I now about DNS, MX records and all of that. We don't need all of that, we are just running a test. Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Recipient Policy http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Clayton Sutton" <n...

New install of Great Plains v8.0
Hi I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password is valid. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks What message are you seeing? Did you setup a DSN to connect to the Great Plains SQL server? "Jitu" wrote: > Hi > > I have just installed a version 8 of great plains however the utilities > application is not accepting the sa password for MSSQL 2000. The password > is valid. > > Does anyone know how to fix this? > > Thanks > > > s...

xml config file...
hello, I ve a Windowsapplication with a configuration file app.config... (it's in xml) code app.config: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name = "MyNameValueSection" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" /> </configSections> <MyNameValueSection> <add key="MyKey" value="MyValue" /> </MyNameValueSection> <appSettings> <add key="test" value="MeinInhalt" /> </appSettings> </configurati...

Render XML data island to HTML?
I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, as the contents of, say, a div? I know I can do it if I display only the XML in IE, but I don't know if I can do it as a fragment of an existing HTML page. TIA > I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link > (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page > to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, a...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

Efficiently Generate 88 New Chart Sheets
Gang, I've got a simple X*Y chart with year (1977-present) on the x-axis and an estimate of deer population size on the y-axis (actually, there may ultimately be 2 estimates/series). There is nothing really all that fancy about it. It will be updated each year with the current year's estimate. The problem is, I need 87 more just like it - 1 for each of the 88 units that I manage. I have been reading VBA and Excel books and I have yet to find an example on how to "mass produce" a bunch of chart sheets. I take that back - a simple "FOR NEXT" loop will generate t...

Writing XML from Dataset to Response Object as Binary File
I have looked fot his solution, but Im not sure what to search for. I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download an XML file of the results so they can use the data in Excel, etc. I do NOT want to write the file to the server first. I just want to be able to write the contents of the Dataset into a binary file and send it back out to the user as a download, but all in memory. Can you give me a boost in the right direction or an article that demonstrates this? Dan Hanover wrote: > I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download &g...

Service Pack 2
I recently installed SP2. Now I'm trying to sync tasks, look people up in the GAL, etc. I'm using a Siemens SX66 device from Cingular running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. It's not totally clear how to install and enable these features. I'm thinking you need to be running Windows Mobile 5 and have to wait for the "The Messaging & Security Feature Pack" to be released some time in 2006. Can anyone please give some more info? Here are the links I found: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sp2/overview.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmo...

XML #4
How does one generate a XML code? If you have data in a dataset, you can have the dataset do it automatically: Dim x as string = DataSet.GetXML "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC61AFF2-84EE-425E-8F05-1B02D2A9F317@microsoft.com... > How does one generate a XML code? ...

moving IMS to new server
I am in the process of moving my Exchange 5.5 server to new hardware. I'm using the Ed Crowley method. My question is about the Internet Mail Connector. Since we use the IMS for directory replication with other sites, what is the best procedure for moving the IMS and the directory replication connectors to the new server? Does it need to be done all at once or can we do it in stages by having the IMS on both servers for awhile? I want to make sure that I do not have any disruptions in either internet mail or directory replication. Thanks a lot. Kenny "Kenny" <kstern...

New Mac convert
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. How can I do this with Excel for Mac? On 09/05/2010 05:07, Axeman@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel In Excel on my old PC the command Alt + return would force a hard > return within a cell in order to enter multiple lines within one cell. > How can I do this with Excel for Mac? Hi, t...

XML deserialization from string
Hi, I have an XSD and created a VB.NET class file from it. When I have an XML file (conforming to the schema), it is straight forward to deserialize using the class file. I am looking for ways to deserialize when I have the XML as a string and not in a file. Writing the string to a file and deserializing from the file might have an adverse effect on the performance. Anyone know of a good method to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Sampath. Use a StringReader to read the file and wrap that in an XmlTextReader. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

DataSet from XML
There are several options on my WinForms app where the user can change/add or delete options - these settings are saved in an XML file. When the main form opens, the XML file (and schema) is read into a dataset and the options are displayed in the various controls. Pretty basic... but I am still rather green... My questions is this - when the user makes a change to one of the settings, how to I modify the dataset and display the new data in the controls? Do I create a new dataset in each method? That would seem inefficient as the user could makes dozens of changes - each time creating a n...

Confused about new Money Plus download
My current version expires on 11/15/09 but to play it safe for a year, I have downloaded and paid for a "new" copy with a new licence. Do I have to install this prior to end of June 2009 or can I wait until 11/15/09? I do appreciate it that it will expire in Jan 11. In microsoft.public.money, SPP wrote: > >My current version expires on 11/15/09 but to play it safe for a year, >I have downloaded and paid for a "new" copy with a new licence. Do I >have to install this prior to end of June 2009 or can I wait until >11/15/09? I do appreciate it that it will...

Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table
I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column. Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0. Thank you Ken DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate. In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it) "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@disc...

Import/Export XML in protected worksheet
I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody help? ...

XML with no schemaLocation
I have some XML instance documents that specify schemas via the xmlns attribute. I need to load these documents (with XmlDocument) and have them verified against the XSD's that are mentioned. However, the documents are intended to be shared between machines but the location of where the XSD's are stored can vary from machine to machine so I don't think it is possible for me to specify the xsi:schemaLocation in the instance documents. To load these documents and have them verified I can only think that I should: 1. Load them once without validation 2. Parse the document and buil...

New comp. running XP; NEED Publisher from 98SE; How?
HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. ASAP? I have 2 newsletters for my church that I can't work on until I get this straightened out! Cheryl Smith <Cheryl Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HELP! I just got my 1st new comp. & it runs XP however I NEED > Publisher from the 98SE... How can I get this program onto this comp. Publisher does not come with any version of Windows, it is a separate application. The Publisher that is/was on the ...

cross-referencing new reference types
I created a new reference type for a document: Text box (instead of Figure or Table, etc.). Sometimes after I save and close my document, Text box is in the list of reference types that can be cross-referenced and sometimes it is not. When it is gone, I have to recreate Text box as a type, then word recognizes those that are already there so I can cross-reference them again. How do I avoid this intermittent loss??? Caption labels are stored in the Nomal template, so if you lose them I'm guessing that you are somehow prevented from saving to the Normal template. Try savin...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...