WSE 3.0 X.509 General Question

I'm migrating my app to WSE 3.0.  In the past I used WSE 1.0 and 2.0 to
encrypt my requests and responses using a private shared key, and not using
X.509 due to perceived difficulties therein.  With each release of WSE,
however, I find myself having to re-implement my encryption scheme to make it
work, since it's not using the recommended X.509 certs.

Is it possible to use X.509 in a "private" environment, i.e. closed network
(no internet), between one server and one or more clients?  I'm assuming this
would require the IIS Web Server to act as a Certificate Authority, and
essentially authenticate the certs used in the requests and responses to/from
itself.

If this method is possible, can I create a certificate and then install it
on all servers and clients that I deploy my solution to?  How do you create
said certificate?

Thanks,
John Becker
0
John1063 (943)

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

Clipart question
I upgraded to Pub2002 from Pub98. I work from home and my employer upgraded my Office 97 to Office 2000. Well, now when I try to get to my clipart from the Clip Gallery Frame plug-in, it wants the Office 2000 disk, which I don't have (my employer keeps all disks). Is there somewhere in Pub2002 that I can change the path from the Office 2000 disk to my Pub2002 disk? When I try to do the "Change Location" option, it looks for that specific clip art file and my disk has 6 or 7 folders of clip art. Thanks, Kristie PUB2000 Error Message: The Feature You Are Trying to Use Is No...

How do I plot z = f(x,y) in 2D cartezian coordinates ?
"Z" factor that I want to plot is a function of temperature and pressure. z =f(p,t) Is it possible to plot "Z" values in a pressure - temperature 2D graph by adding a secondary vertical axis? Thanks Tim On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Tim <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> said: > "Z" factor that I want to plot is a function of temperature and pressure. z >=f(p,t) _3D Surface Chart_ will get you a sort of contour plot, but the x and y scales are category scales, so you'll have to be careful choosing your x and y val...

with ref to the dialog editor question
A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question. I'm trying to create a form to input data similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet. Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start Regards DAVE Bristol UK "Can someone please help. I am trying to start the dialog editor. my book says :- 1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu. 2 Select the dialog editor o...

Training Mode #3
Hi Guys this was a big problem for me when trying to sell RMS the fact that the only way to have training mode was to change all the setting in RMS. Well i have come up will a solution that allows you to click a button and switch databases and it also makes the till clearly state that its in training mode. If anyone is interested and want to see more please email me at tom@psltd.net or phone on +442082755564 price is negotiable depending on amout of licences wanted You can do this for free by exporting the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Store Oper...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

Upgrading #3
I have Money Delux and Small Bus 2003. I use it promarily for investments and some simple small bus stuff. Does 2004 small bus give me all the stuff that premium has? ...

"X-axis crosses at..."
You can make the x-axis cross at the maximum Y-value, but is it possible (without macro) to make it cross at the minimum value? I should find that much more useful. NSV -- nsv ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nsv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=526722 When this is an issue for me, I just use some value <= the minimum Y axis value that the data will ever see. So, if my Y data will always be positive, I set the X axis crosses...

CString Question #3
How do you go about passing information from one class to a dialog box class. I can do it useing char pointers , i was wanting to try CString pointers. Am i missing something eg CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) I know that i can pass cstring into but how do i pass it back as a pointer to an address. so i can change it. CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(CString DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) thanks kevin_mfc@ihug.com.au >eg >CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteT...

IMS
Hello All: I don't know if it is because I never closely monitored this queue or the server is having issues, but in the Internet Mail Service - Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion Queue, I am seeing a rather large buildup of messages, most of which are mailer-daemon@ourdomain.com I am also seeing messages destined for internal users.... Can anyone tell me is thi sis normal? I also have a user complaining that someone outside of the company keeps getting a email from her over and over again. I am wondering if the 2 situations here are related or if I have 2 seperate issues. At any ra...

Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps ,
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com=20 Thanks=20 Kris=20 Reply =BB Are you refering to this? CRM 3.0 90 Days trial http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb2538e2c&DisplayLang=en <krishna.919@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150431561.738912.313120@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishna.919ATgmail.com Thanks Kris Reply � ...

chart question #4
Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am using Excel 97. Thanks. I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha "00KobeBrian" wrote: > Can...

Unmatched Query Question
I have a database that I'm using to pull the names of students who have applied for graduation from an Excel spreadsheet, that is updated weekly, into an Access Table. Right now, I'm using an unmatched query to pull Student IDs who have not previously appeared on the Excel spreadsheet. At first, I was a little worried about this because if a student applies for graduation with a dual degree, their name shows up on the Excel Spreadsheet twice (see example below). 111000 Pig Porky BA.PSY 111000 Pig Porky BFA.FP Fortunately, as long as the student's ID number isn't on the Eval S...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

A question about threads and message queues.
I'm writing a program using MFC, actually I've done this technique several times. I have a primary UI in one window, and I make a UI thread that has a different window that is displaying some graphics. I have a commercial graphics library that has 'transitions' (ways to go from one image to another using wipes or fades and the like). These transitions can be run in a loop for high speed, but still take a few seconds, during which time the UI on all threads in the app freeze. The solution to this is to repeatedly send a message to do the next step (via a timer or otherwise) ...

CRM 4.0 VPC Problem
I downloaded CRM 4.0 VPC, extracted them, and I got MSDYCRM40VPC_BASE.vhd. After I create a new virtual machine for this vhd, I got an message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device" when I clicked Start. So, it have not brought me to WINDOW LOGIN SCREEN. Anyone had this CRM 4.0 VPC worked, please help me how to get it work to get away from a message above. Thanks and Appreciations -Toi "Toi Day" <ToiDay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BF3D76-10D8-4CF0-90BC-EFF8E0D925A0@microsoft.com... > I...

Switching X Y axis in PP 2007
How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? -- etf Does Switch Row/Column on the Chart Tools Design tab do what you want? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "etf" <etf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28669E0E-1FF7-47CB-9ED2-1769248A651E@microsoft.com... > How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? > -...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...

GP General Ledger History Detail Source Document Drilldown
We have just encountered a problem at a customer site we upgraded from GP9 SP2 to GP10 SP3 when they drill into a journal from the History Detail Enquiry. When clicking the link to drill through from the Source Document into the Purchase Ledger they get an error stating; 'Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field 'Journal Entry' in script 'CB_Drill_Down_GL'. Script terminated.' There is a post on the dynamics.com forum where someone states this is a known bug with GP10 SP3 but gives no details. I have looked on the Knowledge Base and been unable to f...

RPC .x files.
I need to talk to some third party equipment. The company has provided an RPC interface consisting of three .x files. The provided third party documentation just glosses over how to compile and use these files. Though the equipment is new, I think this interface is quite old. The documentation example says to use the command "rpcgen32.exe filename". They say the command my differ depending on the software package. I searched the Microsoft site and found a bunch of stuff. At first I looked at the midl compiler. The .idl files look different then the .x files. Can someone please poin...

The operation failed. An object could not be found. #3
I've looked on microsoft and on the web about this error message. However none seem to cover my problem. This error message, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." shows when i click on rules and alerts. I've gone and done the things the other explanations give about creating a new profile, but I still get this error. I use the rules to separate my e-mails into individual folders depending on who the e-mail is from. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If you can, any reply's can be sent to my e-mail address schristopher@struthers-dunn.com....

CRM 3.0 LaptopClient installation won't find Outllook 2007
Hi all, I tried to install the LaptopClients of my CRM 3.0 on my WinXP SP2 with Office 2007 machine. The installations stops, by saying me: "Es konnte nicht ermittelt werden, ob eine unterst�tzte Version von Microsoft Outlook installiert ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Protokolldatei 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\" which means basicly, "...couldn't figure out, if an supported Version of Outlook is installed". On the other hand, when I Start Outlook at the same time it says me at the same time "...please close Outlook for installation"...

12.0.1 update installer does not recognize the Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am trying to install the new update for Office 2008. When I get to the screen for which drive to install on, the installer tells me neither drives have anything higher than 10.4.9. I have installed the latest service pack for leopard (10.5.2). I have the latest install for the auto updater (2.1.1). I have run disk utility and all the permissions are ok. I cannot think of anything else. Not questioning what you're reporting, but even if it's accurate it shouldn't make any difference - Office 2008 only req...

XP Look and Feel in Windows 2000 using vc++ 6.0
Hai Iam looking to create a Dialog Based Application which looks the same look and feel of XP with vc++ 6.0 and i want to draw a title similar to XP Curved edges and iam able to do that by removing the Default Title bar and adding my Own bimtap onto that but when i place the menu that menu is residing in the Top left corner of the Window making the bitmap draw after the menu and i found that we can go for Owner draw menus but i am not getting the exact look and feel what i get in XP Style and is there any other way of solving that as I found that Menu is always attached to the Title bar ...

Axis label question
Hi all, Using Excel 2003, often the last few characters of the value (Y) axis label are not displayed when creating a data chart. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've sometimes been able to force it to display the last characters by adding a couple spaces at the end of the axis title, but this is not an ideal solution and doesn't always work. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thank you! Vrin This is a known bug and your solution seems the prefered workaround. If your file goes to other, you may wish to format the added characters to make them invisible sinc...