Word 2010 a .NET implementation?

Hello

Will Word 2010 now be a .NET implementation?

Thanks - Studi1

Hello Studi1,

although this is not an XML question, here goes:

> Will Word 2010 now be a .NET implementation?

If you mean a 100% .NET implementation, then the answer is no. Word is an
old application with lots of history, and it's unlikely that it will (for a
long time at least) be rewritten as a pure .NET application.

However, Word already has support for .NET code, and most likely the 2010
version will be a hybrid application that contains both native C++ code and
..NET code parts for certain functions.

Hope this helps!

--
Regards,

Jani Järvinen
C# MVP
Vantaa, Finland
E-mail: janij@removethis.dystopia.fi
Business: http://www.nimacon.net/
Personal: http://www.saunalahti.fi/janij/

Add-in tab keeps disappearing in Word 2007
Hi Word Gurus, We have just moved over from Office 2003 to Office 2007. One of our staff uses special software that works together with Word. However, the add-ins tab that normally appears with the appropriate buttons for the special software keeps coming and going! The software is loaded correctly, it appears for a while, then suddenly is no longer. Reinstalling the special software isn't helping. (However, other staff using the same special software don't have an issue). Any ideas why this might be happening or what we need to check? Kind regards JD2 To m...

Project Sites creation in Project Professional 2010
Hello, Recently I installed Sharepoint+Project Server+Project Professional 2010 (BETA versions) on Farm Deployment using Hyper-V machines (1 DataBase server - with SQL Server 2008 R2 - and 1 Application Server). I made the installation with no big problems and configured external acess using DNS maping and configured alteranate access maping on Central Administrtion. Users can acess from outside (internet) using the URL that I configured. After that I installed Project Professional and the problems started. First I break my head trying to connect them. Resolution: ...

http://www.abuse.net/relay.html
I have recently setup both a Exchange 2000 and 2003 Exchange server at two different locations. I left the default settings for the SMTP Virtual Server for both and did Not add a SMTP connector. I have read the Microsft KB articles such as "823157" on testing for open relay- the servers pass this simple test. Exchange default settings are supposed to not enable it to be an open relay yet when I test on the above site (and other sites) it fails and now I am running Netmon and do see port 25 traffic going out to various domains. I think Microsoft has a problem. Have others incurre...

Word Count Excluding bracketed words
Hi - is it possible for word count to exclude all words in brackets? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:45:01 -0800, jlk <jlk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi - is it possible for word count to exclude all words in brackets? Not directly -- you have to do it in two steps. Make a copy of the document using the Save As command. In the copy, delete all the words that are bracketed, by using a wildcard replacement of an expression like \([A-Za-z ]@\) with nothing as described at http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm (but since different people use "bracke...

From VC6 to VC.NET
Hi, I have medium size project that compiles just fine with VC6, I am about to go and get myself VC7(.NET). The main reason is because I want to learn some C# and also get used to the new development tool. Should I expect my application to compile fine? does VC7 convert VC6 applications fine? Or do I need to get another application to ensure a smooth conversion? I use a lot of standard C++ stuff, (std::string, std::vectors etc...), and I would prefer not to change anything just for the sake of a new version of visual studio. So will it work? will I need to buy a special conversion too...

How do i retrieve my excel,word,powerpoint,access...etc
The icons are on my desktop but when I go to open them I get this message: "The windows Installer failed to install the program associated with this file. Please contact your system administrator". How did I lose them and how do I get them back?? Don't know how you lost them, but it would appear you need to reinstall the Office suite. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2004 In article <594A027A-FB68-40DA-917A-E3406FE4...

Word 2003 + problems printing
Hi all gurus, please help as this is beginning to annoy me!! I have an HP 2840 and everytime i go to print in word it will close word down by itself. I can't print anything if its in word. Please help!!! Have you tried updating or simply reinstalling the printer driver? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7F23508-883B-4048-83F5-446C721AFA0D@microsoft.com... > Hi all gurus, please help as this is beginning to annoy me!! > > I have an HP 2840 and everytime i go to p...

vba replace for improper page breaks in Word 2003
We are receiving thousands of documents which need to be reformated for page breaks and section break. These are batch files containing hundreds of documents which end with a Page Break followed by a Section Break(Continuous). To process these files, the Page Break/Section Break(Continuous) needs to be replaced with a Section Break(Next Page). Using vba and Word 2003 we have been able to do simple search and replace of the Page Break OR the Section Break(Continuous) but not the Page Break AND the Section Break(Continuous). Also, I can find no code for doing a Replace on t...

Error Message: Word cannot start the convertor mswrd632.wpc
I finished a word document, saved it, exited Word and later went in to read it but am getting the above error message. I click ok to message and word opens but there is no text in my document. I saved the original doc several times as I was writing it and this appeared to function ok. Help please -- maur See the Known Issues section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 and the dozens of other long threads in this newsgroup. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "maur50" <maur50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2167E9-30EB-41FE-9531-E3C3A3...

"Requesting Virus Scan" hangs Word
I can't get Word 2000 to open, am running Windows XP Pro and when I try to open Word I see a blank document and at the bottom left on the status bar it shows "Requesting virus scan..." and then it hangs. I've tried letting it sit there for 10 minutes, still with no results. I end up having to end the program. I've deleted the normal.dot file and rebooted and that didn't make any difference. The only antivirus I'm running is Microsoft Security Essentials. I used Word yesterday with no problems. If anyone can think of what I do to fix this,...

Word as Editor #2
Outlook 2002 is not allowing me to choose Word as my email editor. I've followed procedures, but can't get the appropriate box to light up. Help! What version of Word do you have installed? It must be the same as your Outlook version or you won't be able to use Word as your e-mail editor. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "REGIS" <rege@ogroupinc.com> wrote in message news:026801c3cdaa$fe72b2d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outloo...

Implementing Drag and drop of Outlook mail items to VB application
Hi, I am able to Drag and Drop Outlook attachments to a VB program but dragging and dropping mail items does not work. Does anyone know how to do that? Regards Joginder Nahil Fujitsu ...

Word 2007 Headings
At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that they are visible all of the time? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:44:05 -0800, longmere <longmere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click >on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that >they are visible all of the time? Thanks. There are multiple ways: - Double-click any of the items. - Press Ctrl+F1. - ...

opening word doc from excel 2000 and 2003 differences
Hi we have an Excel sheet that, amongst other things, calls some word docs by hyperlinks. When the user selects a word doc, it opens OK but Excel minimises, the (dumb) users think Excel has closed and try to open the spreadsheet again. All of this is using Office 2000 Pro. Other file types (pdf, tif etc) do not cause the same problem. It seems that in Office 2003 this does not happen. We are not going to Office 2003 just yet so does anyone know a way around this behaviour? Thanks Colin ...

hyphenating words
How can I stop Publisher breaking up my words and hyphenating them....I want the words to stick together. Tools - Options - Edit tab -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elephantemg83" <Elephantemg83@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5A24E9B-BAFF-475E-A5BE-4AB2909A7C3F@microsoft.com... > How can I stop Publisher breaking up my words and hyphenating them....I > want > the words to stick together. JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote: > Tools - Options - Edit tab This sets the option for new text boxes. Existing text box settings are edited t...

Pulisher / Word
Hello, I have Publisher 2000 and Word XP. Is there away to convert Pulisher to Word. I have several documents in Publisher that someone sent. Thanks, Shannon Shannon wrote: > Hello, > > I have Publisher 2000 and Word XP. Is there away to > convert Pulisher to Word. I have several documents in > Publisher that someone sent. > > Thanks, > > Shannon No. Have your sender convert them to PDFs. Or email them to me at sarah (dot) balfour (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot) uk and I'll convert them. Of course they won't be editable. Thanks for suc...

SAX equivalent in .NET
Do we have equivalent of "Simple API for XML (SAX)" in .NET environment? See the XmlReader documentation. Instead of using a push model (event-based notification) as SAX does, the XmlReader uses a pull implementation. Dan Wahlin also wrote an implementation of SAX for .NET, which is in his book "XML For ASP.NET Developers." -- Kirk Allen Evans Microsoft MVP, ASP.NET www.xmlandasp.net Read my web log at http://weblogs.asp.net/kaevans "Aung" <aungkyawmoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%234pp8FBnDHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Do we have equi...

Convert Word to .pdf
Hello. On Word 2003 (and we are recently converting to 2007) I completed a file, with Excel-embedded pages inside. (Financial Statements...unlinked to outside sources. Simple 4-Wide by 20-Long calculation pages.) When I sum up a column, I create a bottom-border to show a sum-line. At the bottom of the page, the grand-total has a double-underline. I "print" to a PDF writer, and a .pdf file comes out. When I look at these pages in the .pdf, only some of the lines are good. Others are Solid Black Lines (especially the double-border line) The file is only using...

in mail merge how do i convert currency from excel to word
I have a spreadsheet that uses currency. When I mail-merge into Word document, the currency doesn't convert correctly. For example the $ sign does not come across, the diget 0 does not convert if its the last digit (i.e. in excel $20.50 - converts to Word in mail merge as 20.5) and if the currency does not end in 0, it converts with 4 digits after decimal point (i.e. $20.51 converts to 20.5142). Use a numeric switch in your merge fields within Word. See "Numeric Picture (\#) field switch" in Word Help. In article <75E7DB36-9A8D-4C41-8935-5FF099A01F84@microsoft.com>...

Windows CE .net
I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I look for the mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I missing something really obvious. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. TIA, Will Singer "Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message news:<OSwjoletEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>... > I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my >...

Problem with calling .Net Web Service. XML provided. Anyone help?
Hi, I'm hoping that someone will be able to help out with a problem we are having. We have a web service built in .Net 1.1. We are trying to call it from PHP4 using the NuSOAP add on. It seems the SOAP it is sending as the request isn't what the web service is looking for. Here is what my PHP4 NuSOAP client is sending: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLS...

System.net Utilities.FTP or ProcessStart?
I have the need to access an ftp server within a VB.NET app to issue GET command to download files. The ftp command lines are below (with actual loin info withhold): > ftp > open ftp.myftpserver.com User: myuserID Password: mypassword > /get ./ReceiveFiles/GetFileV2/MyAccount {myLocalFilePath} It's the GET command that caused problem for me. This GET command will trigger the FTP server to render the file and send it to the specified localFilePath. I prefer to use MS Utilities.FTP.FTPClient (System.Net) to get the thing done, but cannot figure out how to pass ...

Word 2004: Graphics cannot be displayed property in Word 2004
Neither Word not PowerPoint display graphics correctly. This problem is unique to Office 2004, and did not occur in Office v.X. We have reproduce the issue on several Mac machine. How can we resolve the issue? Any idea or suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks and best regards, Tony Leung Hi Tony, What kind of graphic file is giving you a problem? What is incorrect about the display? What OS are you using? What hardware are you using? Sorry to ask lots of questions, but the answers to the questions are important in order to try to reproduce the problem on another computer...

OpenXML - Excel - .NET
Hi, I'm using OpnXML to manipulate an existing Excel file. I'm using Visual Studio 2005, and referencing the .NET framework 3, but I cannot use LINQ syntax, I have to navigate thru the structures by using loops. I have 3 questions: 1) Is there a better way to access cells in my case that LINQ is unavailable than looping? 2) When iterating thru the rows, and the cells in each row as below: For Each oRow As Spreadsheet.Row In oRows 'aCells is defined before, outside the loops. aCells = oRow.Descendants(Of Spreadsheet.Cell)() For Each oCell As Spr...

Excel data is not coying correctly into Ms-Word
Hie... I am getting problem during copying Excel worksheet data into MS-Word. When i copied it, all worksheets gridlines come with data, and it looks as object embeded link. and i want that my data paste on words, looks like part of word file.. so can anyone guide me thourgh it? Thanks in advance Anney In Word convert table to text! (Tables/Convert) Regards, Stefi "Anney" wrote: > Hie... > > I am getting problem during copying Excel worksheet data into MS-Word. > When i copied it, all worksheets gridlines come with data, and it looks as > object embeded lin...