What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008?

What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008?

I'm looking for a text box that defers to the content's DTD and XLST
references when displaying editable content. Is this a feature of Visual
Studio?

Thanks in Advance...

--
Timothy Casey - Email: 5th-prime-number@timothycasey.info
Software: http://software-1011.com; Scientific IQ Test, Web Menus, Security

0
116628 (2)

Timothy Casey wrote:
> What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008?

ASP.NET has the Xml control:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.xml.aspx
and the XmlDataSource control:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.xmldatasource.aspx

> I'm looking for a text box that defers to the content's DTD and XLST
> references when displaying editable content. Is this a feature of Visual
> Studio?

The XML editor in Visual Studio provides intellisense based on a W3C XML
schemas. I think it can translate a DTD into a schema first to also
provide such support based on a DTD. But that is a feature of the IDE,
not a control available for your own .NET applications you develop with
the IDE.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
Timothy Casey wrote:

> The first example appears to have a Transform property - which could
> come in quite handy. However, I am developing in desktop applications.
> Is this just ASP or are there equivalent controls for the desktop
> environment as well? Or can the namespace be imported into the desktop
> environment to allow an instance of the XML class and associated
> controls...?

I don't think Windows Forms has any such controls, the posted ones are
specific to ASP.NET.
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) has an XmlDataProvider I think
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.data.xmldataprovider.aspx
which is somehow similar to XmlDataSource in ASP.NET.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
6/8/2009 11:49:16 AM
"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Timothy Casey wrote:
>> What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008?
>
> ASP.NET has the Xml control:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.xml.aspx
> and the XmlDataSource control:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.xmldatasource.aspx
>
>> I'm looking for a text box that defers to the content's DTD and XLST
>> references when displaying editable content. Is this a feature of Visual
>> Studio?
>
> The XML editor in Visual Studio provides intellisense based on a W3C XML
> schemas. I think it can translate a DTD into a schema first to also
> provide such support based on a DTD. But that is a feature of the IDE, not
> a control available for your own .NET applications you develop with the
> IDE.

Thank you

The first example appears to have a Transform property - which could come in
quite handy. However, I am developing in desktop applications. Is this just
ASP or are there equivalent controls for the desktop environment as well? Or
can the namespace be imported into the desktop environment to allow an
instance of the XML class and associated controls...?

Thanks in Advance...

--
Timothy Casey - Email: 5th-prime-number@timothycasey.info
Software: http://software-1011.com; Scientific IQ Test, Web Menus, Security
http://web-design-1011.com http://speed-reading-comprehension.com
Science & Geology: http://geologist-1011.com; http://geologist-1011.net

0
116628 (2)

how to use Common Controls version 6
How can i use common controls version 6 controls in my MFC applications.Is it possible to use a preprocessor #define . THank you Which one are you trying to use? Many of them are built in already: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_MFC_CMNCTRL1.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/html/_sample_MFC_CMNCTRL1.asp Tom "Kenroy" <Kenroy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3CB4AAA-F84A-49DC-88BE-1B3356E6CC0A@microsoft.com... > How can i use common controls version 6 co...

Outlook 2007 & Windows 7 & the mail icon isn't the control panel
I got this new computer with Windows 7 OS. I installed outlook 2007, and in the mist of configuring the network email account, I made a couple of small mistakes. But I cant figure out how to get back into Outlook to change the settings. Normally, in XP or Vista, I would go to the control panel, and click on the mail icon, and go and change the settings, HUT there is not mail icon in the control panel for Windows 7. I have looked all over. I tried unistalling and re-installing, but it is saving the settings somehow, so I dont get the change to change the settings, it autam...

Starting to read xml part way through a file

Help Menu
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel The Word Help menu doesn't give me any option or area to search from....all it does is show a Word Help Home title at the top with 2 categories below: "Popular topics" (with 6 bullet links) And then another heading below with "Ask someone" ; but there's nowhere that I can actually type in a querie to search for anything.....basically I have no HELP options available to me..... can anyone help please. Click the unidentified "jellybean" at the right end of the Word Help window's T...

Signing XML with a X509 Certificate
I'm trying to sign a XML with a X509 Certificate (Like an email), and store it in a database. I want to include the certificate in the XML in order to display the certificate properties (like click in the red insignia in a signed email message) for this purpose I'm using Visual Basic .Net 2003 with WSE 2.0 preview edition I succefully signed the XML with a certificate installed in my repository the next step (for I am asking help) is to include certificate properties in XML for displaying purposes, and any way to call the certificate properties dialog with this info. This is th...

How to Create an XSD/XML Schema file?

Concatenating control's value to a query
I have a combo box on a form with values 1-5. I want the value of this combo box to be used in a form later on, but I need it concatenated into a query as this simplified example shows: SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE Line&'[Forms]![MyForm]![MyComboBox]'&=True You can see that I am trying to concatenate the current value of the combo box to the word LINE (i.e. Line1, Line2, Line3...) which refers to a boolean column in my database. Sorry, you can't do that in a query. You could, however, dynamically change the SQL associated with the query and then write it. Dim qdfCurr A...

Simple XML & XSD Question
We have developed about 80 XML documents, each probably 150 lines long, that are all supposed to conform to a schema. My understanding is the way to show that an XML document conforms to a schema is to include a reference to the XSD in the XML document, and check that it is valid. Some other members of the project team don't want to include a reference to the XSD in the XML documents, citing possible differences in parsers. Is my understanding of XML / XSD correct? That is, the standard way to prove that a well formed XML document conforms to a schema is to include the reference to the...

join xml documents?

a control that does console i/o
Hi, does anybody know any windows control that can programmatically prompt and take input from user? What I need is something close enough so I can customize with minimal effort. Thanks, Vincent A control? Every process can have only one Console window. So, you'd almost never find a control having its own Console window. However if your Application does an "AllocConsole" you can get your own Console window and any Control that you write can do IO through this console window; but be aware that mixing UI with console is considered ugly. -vJ "Vincent Yu" <anon...

Setwindowpos()-problem.Moving control is not happening.
Hi all, I am facing a problem in using SetWindowPos() . I am handling a localization project. For this i need to resize and reposition the dialog controls. I am calling GetWindowRect () to get the control dimensions and after changing them i am trying to call SetWindowPos() to place the control to the changed position. The following is the code i am using .. RECT gControlDimension; HWND hCtrl; //Handle to the Dialog control hCtrl = GetDlgItem (hWnd, ID_CURRENT); //Get the control dimensions status1 = GetWindowRect (hCtrl, &gControlDimension); ctrlLeft = gControlDimension.left ; c...

Pesky "Ne active mixer devices available"
Hi - I have been researching this for months and trying just about everything which has been suggested, from points all over the web - but with no fix. My version of the problem seems a bit different from others. A re-boot will always fix the problem and it will be fine for a few weeks but always re-appears. My issue just happens quietly, out of nowhere with no warning or error messages. All of a sudden I will notice there are no sounds when using IE8. No click sounds, etc. Then I click on the speaker in the sys tray and I get the message "no active sound mixer avail...

Autoshape in Chart controlled from a different worksheet
Hi all, Can somebody please help.. i have a Chart (called Chart2 - on its own page) and i have the data (sheet1) on another page.... i am trying to get the autoshape in Chart2 to change colour based on the data from a cell on Sheet1. i have the following code.... i can get the shape to change colours on Sheet1, but, when i try it on Chart2 nothing happens. NB: this code is in Sheet1 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myColor As Long Dim myShape As Shape If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("G11...

Will Stock ratings be available for HK stock market?
Stock ratings from StockScouter is available for U.S. stocks, will this service be available for HK stock market? Thank for any suggestions Eric Highly unlikely - see http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/52.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A470D03B-7B6C-4E5F-80EF-EA56A14E3B55@microsoft.com... > Stock ratings from StockScouter is availab...

Controlling container size in ActiveX controls ..(OnDraw function)
In the following function, OnDraw(CDC* pdc, const CRect& rcBounds, const CRect& rcInvalid) the rcBounds rectangle of the container is passed as const and cannot be modified in this function. I would like to know if/where I could set the dimensions of the container rectangle(rcBounds in this case) to those of my choice on initialising the ActiveX control. Hi George, You cannot do this from the control side of the fence. The container dictates the position of the control and where it's actually rendered. You can negotiate with the container to change the location/size o...

Painting a rectangle over a control?
I have a basic MFC Dialog window hosting an ActiveX WebBrowser control and I'm trying to draw "on top" of it in an effort to hide the border. In OnPaint(), I have: using namespace Gdiplus; CPaintDC dc(this); Graphics graphics(dc.m_hDC); COLORREF bg = dc.GetBkColor(); Pen pPen(bg,3); CRect pRect; this->GetClientRect(&pRect); pRect.OffsetRect(-15,-20); CRect wRect(15,20,pRect.right,pRect.bottom); Rect fRect(16,21,pRect.right-18,pRect.bottom-23); GetDlgItem(IDC_EXPLORER1)->MoveWindow(wRect,TRUE); graphics.DrawRectangle(&pPen,fRect); It's drawing the frame ...

XML 2004 Deadline Approaches
XML 2004 Deadlines Approaching - Early Bird Registration, Late-Breaking/Product Submissions The IDEAlliance XML 2004 Conference & Exposition http://www.xmlconference.org takes place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/hotel.html in Washington DC. XML 2004 is the largest, independently organized, continuously running XML Conference and Exposition. Don't hesitate, take advantage of the early bird registration fees. This Thursday, September 30th is the deadline for early bird discounts on registration fees. Please use the appropria...

Help! Xml Data Island is not refreshing!!!!

Xml data bound to Datagridview -> Add datarow via XmlElement
Greetings, I have a datagridview bound to a datatable created from an xmlfile on one form. Another form appends to the xml file using the code below. To refresh the datagridview on the other form I simply re-set the datasource to the newly saved xmldocument. However, is it possible to use the XmlQuoteEl.outerxml as it includes all the information which equates to a datarow to add it to the datatable (datagridview datasource)? XmlElement isn't an acceptble parameter in any read/write xml methods, but thought re-loading the whole file again is overkill. Hope this ma...

Controlling how IE is opened for login script status messages
In our login script, I have been using an Internet Explorer window to display status messages as the process runs. The code that I use to open IE is below. Lately, the script has not been running through. It stops or pauses before the window even opens. We have found that by removing the Google toolbar on the PCs having trouble the script runs without issue. I'm guessing that there is some type of update running by Google that doesn't like my script. Is there a way of specifying the "-extoff" option in the "with objIntExplorer" options below? I'...

Filter a control on a subform?
Hello All I am trying to filter a form from a control on a subform I am trying to use the same process that is in Allen Browne (allen@allenbrowne.com), June 2006. Search2000.mdb Here is the code I am using 'Number field example. Do not add the extra quotes. If Not IsNull(Me.Combo6) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([pkProduct] = " & Me.Combo6 & ") AND " End If If Not IsNull(Me.Combo8) Then strWhere = strWhere & "(Me.!frmSlupplier.Form.! cboSlupplier = " & Me.Combo8 & ") End If The first (Where...

Please Consult Before Posting: Unofficial FAQ Available #105
An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, August 19, 2006. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 172 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. The FAQ cannot hope to be comprehensive. Please see limitations, disclaimers, and disclosures at http://umpmfaq.info/fineprint.htm. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups....

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Monday, May 31, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 138 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consider...

Increasing size of controls
Hi I'm developing a dialog application that is going to run on a touchscreen. Due to this fact i need to be able to make the controls suitably big. I can do this with the majority of them at design time but some don't resize as i would like them Take for example the date time picker control. When i make the control the size i want in the dialog editor the scroll up/down buttons of the control are too thin. I would like to make it wider so it is easier to select by using a finger on the touch screen. I also notice that the font in the control does not increase as i increase the contro...

Get attribute from Xml file
I'm looking to get noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute from the following Xml file. Whats the most efficient way to do this using the XmlDocument class in c#? <?xml version="1.0"?> <IPDRDoc xmlns="http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="email.xsd" docId="d0af6d45-00f8-5000-f930-01760a250156" creationTime="2003-11-12T16:04:07.046Z" IPDRRecorderInfo="IPDRDocTest" version="3.1"> <IPDR xsi:type="IPDR-EMAIL-Type&q...