What versions of XSL are supported by what versions of ASP.net?

At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1).

There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0.
Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0?

EXSLT was also mentioned. Does ASP.net support that?

-Darrel

darrel wrote:
> At the moment, I'm doing some XSLT (1.0) work in ASP.net (1.1).
>
> There's some features I'd like to use that apparently are found in XSLT 2.0.
> Does ASP.net 1.1 support XSLT 2? What about ASP.net 2.0?

The XSLT processor in the .NET framework class libaries in .NET 1.1 is
System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform and supports XSLT 1.0. With .NET 2.0/3.0 the
processor is System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform which also supports
XSLT 1.0 only.
If you want to use XSLT 2.0 (which only became a W3C recommendation the
beginning of 2007) then check Saxon on <http://www.saxonica.com/>, it
has a .NET version.

EXSLT.NET exists, check <http://www.codeplex.com/MVPXML>.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
> The XSLT processor in the .NET framework class libaries in .NET 1.1 is
> System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform and supports XSLT 1.0. With .NET 2.0/3.0 the
> processor is System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform which also supports XSLT
> 1.0 only.
> If you want to use XSLT 2.0 (which only became a W3C recommendation the
> beginning of 2007) then check Saxon on <http://www.saxonica.com/>, it has
> a .NET version.
>
>> EXSLT was also mentioned. Does ASP.net support that?
>
> EXSLT.NET exists, check <http://www.codeplex.com/MVPXML>.

Thanks, Martin!

-Darrel

Need Example of Calling .NET method via CCW
Hi, Could some body please point me to an MFC sample which calls a .NET method via a CCW. I am not allowed to use managed extensions. regards, T On May 8, 1:46 pm, T <sw.tejasvi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Could some body please point me to an MFC sample which calls a .NET > method via a CCW. I am not allowed to use managed extensions. > > regards, > T I have marked the assembly, class and method as ComVisible. I have also imported the typelib into my MFC project. But I get the error "Warning: attempt to call Invoke with NULL m_lpDispatch!". What i...

[ANN] eXml
I'm glad to announce first release of the eXml - extended ASP.NET Xml Web Server Control. eXml is a free open-source ASP.NET 2.0 Web server control extending and improving standard ASP.NET XML Web server control. eXml Web server control uses new .NET 2.0 XSLT processor - XslCompiledTransform class to perform XSL transformations thus providing in average 400% performance boost and improved standard compliance. Additionally eXml Web server control provides built-in support for 70+ EXSLT extension functions, XML Inclusions (XInclude) 1.0, friendly XML rendering, <?xml-stylesheet?> XML ...

NET 4.0 and NET 3.5
Hello, Does any knows if I can use a class library compiled with NET 3.5 in a Net 4.0 project? Thank You, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > Does any knows if I can use a class library compiled with NET 3.5 in a > Net 4.0 project? It's ".NET". Not "NET". You don't compile a library with (i.e. using) .NET 3.5. You compile a library with a particular version of a compiler (e.g. C# 3.0). If you're asking whether a library that was compiled to need only .NET 3.5 can still work in .NET 4.0 is installed, well´┐Żsince .NET 4.0 is...

XML Document reference between asp.net pages
Hi all, I have just started working with XML documents. I have just built a form that creates an xml document and it sends it to biztalk where i get an xml document as a response. i read a node value from the xml document and depending on the result i open a new page. I was wondering what the best method is for referencing the response xml document created on the previous page??? i.e. should i save it or cache it or what ??? As i say im quite new to this so any help greatly appreciated. Regards CG ...

how to use XPath function "ms:string-compare" in .NET
Hi, Can anyone point me why the following code is not working for me? Its giving me an error while executing "SelectNodes" ... I have strugled for almost one full day.. I am comaratively new to XSL and XSLT concepts. I appriciate any kind help. Thanks, Bhavin. CODE: ********************************************************************** Private Sub Save() Dim xmldocRoot As New XmlDocument() Dim xmlnodeChildNode As XmlNode Dim xmlnodeAttributeNode As XmlNode xmldocRoot.Load("C:\ACBD.XML") 'Dim xsltcon As Xml.Xsl.XsltContext Dim ns As New XmlNamespaceManager(xml...

New version of RMS
I received a call from Microsoft yesterday wanting me to go ahead and extend my support for RMS which still isn't due for a couple of months and that makes me really angry that they are so fast to want my support extended. It's a little hard for me to consider extending my support with Microsoft when I have yet to receive an upgrade to RMS for yet another year and at this point I have had this version installed so long I no longer have had a need to make a support call for over a year. I have no idea if I will see a new release even in the next year because apparently it is so...

Utilizing VB.NET and QSRules
Can anyone tell me how to reference qsrules in a vb.net application. For example i want to be able to utilize the add method: Added = Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(Number).Item(id, ilc, qty, 0, false, 0) However i am unable to reference the qsrules or the store operations, as it states that these are not "strong named". I am able to create a project and execute code within the project, but i cannot reference anything on the POS screen (as an example). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Robert -- rshuptrine armsys Download the customization guide from PartnerSource...

How can I tell if I have .NET framework on this machine?
I"m working on someone else's machine, and I'm not sure what's installed. How can I tell if I have .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1? Where do I find the latest service packs for .NET? If I don't have it (it's a sys requirement for another package I'm getting later) how do I get it? Many thanks. > I"m working on someone else's machine, and I'm not sure what's installed. > > How can I tell if I have .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1? > > Where do I find the latest service packs for .NET? > > ...

Can I compose an email in outlook 2003 trial version?
trial verion has a bunch of unusable features do i have to by the product to compose email Brent <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trial verion has a bunch of unusable features do i have to by the > product to compose email Did you try? That seems to me to be the quickest way to answer your question. -- Brian Tillman If the trial period has expired, yes, you'll need to purchase the = product to use the features.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Several asp.net sites pointing to same physical folder
Hello, Is there any problem in asp.net 2.xx to point several IIS Web sites to the same folder an its web.config, due to necessity to have several ssl certificats ? I suppose no, as this is the recommanded conf by IIS teamers. Thanks for help. CS On Feb 9, 11:25=A0pm, "CS ADNT" <NOSPA...@NOSPAMaddonnice.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any problem in asp.net 2.xx to point several IIS Web sites to th= e > same folder an its web.config, due to necessity to have several ssl > certificats ? > I suppose no, as this is the recommanded conf by...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

universal binary version for Microsoft office 2004:mac
hallo, this mail comes from germany, that's because this text is written in such a bad english. About 2 years I bought Microsoft office 2004:mac for studies. For a project semester and diplom work I needed to change from iBook G4 (PowerPC) to MacBook (IntelMac). Okay, office 2004:mac for PowerPCs works also stable on Tiger for IntelMac-architecture (thanks "Rosetta", the integrated PowerPC- Emulator of Mac OS Tiger 4 IntelMac), but in should run much, much faster on a Intel Core2duo based Mac. And ... .... without the need using "Rosetta", our IntelMac would need ...

hal.dll requires MPS version 1.1
I am working in a test bed to restore a nt4.0 server in a diaster recovery. I am able to load the 4.0 and all the option and release packs without any problems. But after i use nt backup and restore the c drive from tape I get the HAL.DLL requires version 1.1 the test bed machine is a single processor system. I have tried to restore the registry also and got the same error ...

is ther intellisense support for XSD?
I wrote a XSD and reference it in a XML file I don't got intellience sense for the tag defined in the XSD file.... but i remember that I got intellisense support if I use DTD instead of XSD.... do I missed to include anything in my XML file?? thx ...

Access and Excel
We distribute a MS Access (97) application which references Excel's object model to import various spreadsheet content. This works well up to and including Excel 2003. In principle would there be any major problems using the app. on a 2007 Excel file ? and if so how could this be overcome. The Access app is being re-written in Access 2007, but this will be 6-9 months down the line. Regards Howard Myers Hi Howard, You will need to test it with your app. No one here can guess exactly what is in that app and therefore won't be able to tell you if there is going to be a problem. ...

Applying GPOs based on Operating System Version (item-level targetting)
Hi, we have a Win2003 AD with one server acting as the PDC and a small bunch of GPOs. All clients are running WinXP SP3. The whole network / AD is well working. Our management now wants Windows 7, but only on their computers, we're getting a WinXP/Win7 mixed environment (thanks Boss!). Thus we have to split some GPOs (eg. Folder Redirection, etc.). We could clone each security group, one for XP users/computers and the other for Win7 and apply GPOs only to the correct group but that might not be the best solution. We would like to use the item-level targetting like in dri...

Upgraded to version 10, now most AP batches get error in GL rate t
Posting in 1 company and some, but not all, MC batches stop at the GL and errors are "The rate type ID is missing" and "The exchange table ID is missing." This company uses project, our other company does not (haven't had that error at all). Checklinks have already been run on MC seutp, there is no issue with our accounts not being assigned to currency, only have 1 rate type setup for the currency, NO issues in Dynamics 9. New error in version 10. Have applied the hotfix to SP 3 that concerns some issue with cheques applied to project invoices with t...

Version 10
I need to understand how the additional fiscal periods for adjustments work in version 10. I found some KB articles on CustomerSource, but none pertain to version 10 and I can't find anything in the help files. Thanks. Follow the same rules as in 7, 8, and 9 for extra fiscal periods in GP10 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "6538" wrote: > I need to understand how the additional fiscal periods for adjustments work ...

View - Accounts - Look For
Under View/Financial Lists/Account I can now view all the accounts. If I want to limit my search to say anything with 610 as a specific segment, what type of wilcards do I use before/after? For example our GL string is AA-BBB-CCCC-DDDDD-EEE, and I want to search for all accounts with 610 in the BBB. Thanks You could put segment values in the user defined fields on the account card and sort by those user defined fields. But, if you preceded the segment value with something that would only appear in the user defined field, you might be able to get what you want. For example, in the s...

Importing backup messages .mbx to any new Outlook version
Hi, I have a complete folder from winnt\profiles... \outlook with messages that I need to import to outlook. I have always had problems importing files. These extensions are .mbx . they completely differ from the inbox.dbx or sent items.dbx I used before. I cant quite remember if it was MS outlook or Outlook Express, but I need to import these files, give input, anything, all. Now im using Outlook Express 6, and can get MS outlook installed. Please respond ASAP, these files are from 99. ...

Control Supported Device List for Active Sync
Hi I want to restrict what devices can connect to Active Sync - there is a built in list of supported devices which the service packs keep updating but is there a way to control this list yourself i.e. to only include two devices in the list? I want to control which devices meet the company standard and stop any which don't! More Info: Overview of mobile devices that are supported by Outlook Mobile Access in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=821835 Thanks Clive ...

Printing the RMS version
Hi, I want to print the version of the RMS as soon as I enter into the Process function. How can I do it? Thank you. ...

.net passport #2
Somehow I have this silly net.passport login id to open my Money files. I don't want a password/passport, ANYTHING, to get into Money and I don't know to get it off. Also, somehow, all of a sudden, after years of using Money, it won't let me in at all, says my log in name is not associated with my file and I can't use my Money program. Help! And I don't even know who to call for help! In microsoft.public.money, cam wrote: >Somehow I have this silly net.passport login id to open >my Money files. I don't want a password/passport, >ANYTHING, to get...

Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9
Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to Average Costing. After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual. We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document. The cost that the system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the STNDCOST as we would expect. We have run the Change valuation method utility and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues. If we create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly. Any ideas? Thanks, J...

ComXT (XSL & XPath) tool on GotDotNet
GotDotNet has just posted my XSL/XPath tool, ComXT (COMbined Xml Tools): http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=AC6259D9-F7B3-47AA-8ACF-A2D6D0899C38 It does XSL transformations, XPath queries (both nodes and evaluations) with namespace support, Xml stats, and simple formatting. Both the transformations and XPath use either standard .Net 2.0 or EXSLT processing. I intended it to be a simple, lightweight WinForm app that combined a few useful functions to facilitate practicing & learning. -- Take care, Ken (to reply directly, remove the cool car. <si...