what encoding does system.xml.xmldocument.save(string path) use to save the
xml document if there is no <?xml... in the front of the xml document?

Daniel wrote:
> what encoding does system.xml.xmldocument.save(string path) use to save the
> xml document if there is no <?xml... in the front of the xml document?

UTF-8 is the default encoding.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCPD]
http://blog.tkachenko.com | http://www.XmlLab.Net | http://www.XLinq.Net

Vinu Baby
"Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> what encoding does system.xml.xmldocument.save(string path) use to save
the
> xml document if there is no <?xml... in the front of the xml document?

0
vinu (1)

whether web service method's argument must be string?
I have used SOAP UI to check my web service. It supports POST, XML and SOAP content types. The web service method takes three arguments of the three, the first one is of type char. The SOAP UI returns a serialization error, and after I convert char into string it is working fine. Is this a limitation of web service method or problem with SOAP UI? How do I write a client application in C# to consume the web service using different content types, such as POST, XML and SOAP? Note: My web service need to support all these three. Thank you Regards Raj ...

How do print multiple mail merge documents on one page?
I have an invitation that I want to print onto expensive paper. I can get 3 to a page. How can I get the mail merge facility to print different names on each of the 3 invites that occur on the same page? Rachel <Rachel@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have an invitation that I want to print onto expensive paper. I can > get 3 to a page. How can I get the mail merge facility to print > different names on each of the 3 invites that occur on the same page? You might start by reading the tutorial here: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tab...

Print format changes when saving as a PDF
Not sure if this is a Publisher question or Adobe question but I have made several flyers in Publisher and when I save them to PDF, the page setup modifications go back to default. Any ideas? What do you mean *back to default*? Are you using a template? You might save the file first and then convert. What version Publisher? Are you using Acrobat? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joey" <Joey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CF932A-A885-40AA-9876-7AA84F86C436@microsoft.com... > N...

Slow reading xml file
I'm opening an xml file with the statement XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(fileLocation); and then scanning the structure using an XPathNavigator. This works but loading the document is tediously slow, since the xml file can be pretty large. What is a quick alternative ? JezB wrote: > I'm opening an xml file with the statement > > XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(fileLocation); > > and then scanning the structure using an XPathNavigator. This works but > loading the document is tediously slow, since the xml file can be pret...

When opening MS Word 2007 an old document appears
When opening microsoft office word 2007 an old document appears on the opening screen. It is labeled Document1. I have used cut to clear the page and saved the blank screen as well as deleting the file, but the document always appears at the start up of word. Any help will be appreciated. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:32:01 -0700, Mr Burns <Mr Bur...

Clear Unbound Text box used as input parameter to query
I've looked at everything I can find, tried all the suggestions but still can't get this to work. I have a form that opens blank. You input your parameter into an unbound text box then press a command button that performs a requery of the database and returns the results in a continuous form. When the results are returned, the parameter is listed as part of the detail in the form so I want the parameter box to be cleared out and ready for the next one. My command on the Search button looks like this: Private Sub SearchEPICode_Click() Me.Requery End Sub ...

System Files
Hello, I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I am trying to create a bootable cd. Please advise. -- Mike Jessica@aol.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to locate the boot.ini file on the Windows XP Professional CD. I > am trying to create a bootable cd. > > Please advise. First of all, I'll have to admit, I've never made a bootable CD from scratch myself. These are just a few bits and pieces I've noticed along the way. It is not simply a matter of "throwing" some files onto a CD. http...

view of word document missing top margin
I recently have had a problem with my document's view when working in Word. I have always seen all of my margins so my document looks like it will when I go to print. Not long ago, my top margin just disappeared. Now when I work on a document the the page looks very odd and it looks like I'm typing text at the very top of the sheet without a margin. When I check my margins it says I have an inch. Print Preview shows the margin there. Tried different View options, no difference. How can I fix this so I can see the top margin while working? Any help greatly appreciated! ...

Hey, I have a question I'm hoping some of you can help with. I'de like to dynamically add and open a document template. Ideally, I'de have a sub directory, ./plugins which contained generic.dll xxx.dll yyy.dll and the MDI application would allow the user to select one and open it. I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing this. Actually, the big deal is, I would like to dynamically load a derived class of CFormView. Would it make more sense for me to have a docement template that simple is responsible for dynamically loading forms based on the users input? Thanks for your...

String to DateTime
Hello, I have a string that contains a date in the format dd-MM-yyyy. How can I convert it to a DateTime? The format is always dd-MM-yyyy so I need to specify that. Thank You, Miguel On 13-05-2010 19:20, shapper wrote: > I have a string that contains a date in the format dd-MM-yyyy. > > How can I convert it to a DateTime? > > The format is always dd-MM-yyyy so I need to specify that. DateTime.ParseExact or DateTime.TryParseExact should enable you to do that. Arne ...

Filtered form not using query
I have a form that has several subforms on it seperated by the tabs object. Most of the subforms have their data attribute set to SQL, where the data is ordered. One of the subforms has it's data attribute set to a query, where the data is ordered. When I look at the form with it's subform with a filter applied, called from code, the subform with the data set by query does not order it's results. The other subforms are fine! I'm going to try and duplicate this problem, but wondered if anyone had ever heard of such a thing ? Rohan. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

Can contents of a cell be used in header/footer?
All, I am interested in making a custom header that contains text from a certain cell. There are standard fields that can be added to a header or footer using the standard buttons in the header or footer dialog box. These are: &[Page], &[Pages], &[Date], &[Time], &[Path]&[File], &[File], &[Tab] I was wondering if I could create a custom field for my header that would insert the contents of a certain cell. For instance, cell A7 contains a Vendor name, let's say "XYZ Supply". I would like to create a header that says, "Vendor: XYZ Supply&q...

Read XML document from Web Service
Hello- I am looking for the best way to run different Xpath expressions from a web service, and return the appropriate XML data. The data source that the web service queries is an XML file, that is not very large (less than 2 MB). I can retrieve the entire XML file, but I would like to have separate functions in the web service to pick out certain elements of the file and basically filter the XML data. There are different methods for invoking this action (XMLreader, XMLSelectNode, etc...). Can anyone provide some guidance for the easiest method? Any examples would be most appreciat...

Transaction Table Column Uses
Does anyone know what the Status column or the ExchangeID column are used for in the RMS Transaction table? I have a few hundred thousand transactions and none of them have a value other than 0 for either of these so I'm thinking they might not be used. I'm I safe to change them for my own uses? More generally, does anyone have a list of the tables/columns and their uses? I know there are unused columns in the item table so it wouldn't surpise me if they were in other tables as well. Thanks. ...

xml importing
Hi~ I downloaded the data as xml, and then try to import to Excel, but it doesn't work. The data has over 100,000 rows. So I guess it doesn't work because it has too many rows to import as xml my guess is right? ...

Extract XML using Dotnet
Hi Guys, I want to populate a nodelist so that i can extract various details. The xml document i have is similar to the one below. baiscally i want to extract the first instance of <PP> including <PP1> <PP2> <PP3> then separately extract the next instance of <PP> <PP1> <PP2> <PP3>. Does anyone have any examples on how to do this ??? Im trying to create an html table using these values but its a bit of a nightmare. any help appreciated <Text> <Header> </Header> <Details> <PP>LASU</PP> <PP1>A</PP2>...

EMail Account Modifications are not Saving
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002, SP-2. I have had a problem with email account settings saving. I can modify them and they will save until the PC is re-booted. It reverts to adding a "/" to the username on the account and appends the POP3 server information to the username. The POP3 server name then is populated with "localhost". Has anyone ever seen this problem before? Any help is appreciated! ...

how to display full path instead of filename
Hello In a MDI app, how can I display full path of the doc in the titlebar of the window? Thanks Vaclav hi first u get the full path of the file by using CFile::GetFilePath. it returns the full path of the file. then update the window title bar by using SetWindowText naren "Václav Jedlièka" wrote: > Hello > > In a MDI app, how can I display full path of the doc in the titlebar of the > window? > > Thanks > > Vaclav > > > Thank you very much But I had the CFrame CDocument CView architecture in mind. In the meantime I found I...

How to delete title in Recent Documents
In Microsoft Office 2007, how do I delete the title of a document, along with the entire document? I am able to delete the document, but the title still remains. On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:07:01 -0700, Sunshine2222 <Sunshine2222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Microsoft Office 2007, how do I delete the title of a document, along with >the entire document? I am able to delete the document, but the title still >remains. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org ...

change to the rule could not be saved (out of office)
Hi Guys Ive got a problem when activating an out of office reply in outlook 2003 exchage it reads "changes to the rule could not be saved" There are no rules added in outlook How can I solve this ...

Disable Save & Update Prompts
I am looking for a way to disable the update prompt when the workbook is opened and disable the save prompt when the workbook is closed. 1. I know how to disable the update prompt under the tools menu, but that only disables on my pc, when other open the file from their pc it will still prompt them unless that have unchecked it also. 2. The file is set as read-only so if they do click save it prompts them to save as...etc. I would prefer to eliminate these options to my end user so that they don't misclick etc. The file always needs to update so they don't need an option and t...

Publisher 2002 layout guides move on save
I'm using Pub 2002, sp-2, on Win XP . When I try to move the layout guides for my facing-page layout, the guides on the right page will move, but I can'y keep them where I put them. They reset to a "mirror image" position around the center of the right page when I try to save the publication. So I can't get the two wide columns, one narrow column layout that I want and have on the left master page. What can cause this and how do I fix it? Many thanks. Ed Office 2002 has a third service pack. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-...

OWA users are getting ACL error when trying access the system
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C5725A.474DC7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable some users are getting=20 You are not authorized to view this page. you do not have the = permissions to view this directory or page do to a ACL that is = configured for this web server. I did not create a ACL, and in the AD on the exchange features the = Outlook web access protocol is enabled. And it is not happening to all = users. Were can I check this to resolve the issue. ------=_NextPart_000_0...

convert to csv using macro gives wrong seperator
Hi, We used to store excel data to a CSV file on our server to be pickup by another program. This is always done with a macro which simply executes a save-to-csv. Since installing Office2007, this macro writes this CSV file with a wrong delimeter. The file is generated with a ',' in stead of a ';' (which is defined). When we save the document as CSV without the macro (manual process) the file is correctly written... any suggestions? Try using the "Local" parameter in your macro (I assume you're using the SaveAs method): ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filena...

Intercompany transaction totals not showing when saved to batch
We have just finished adding the multicurrency module to our version (GP 6.00g22, SP2 Build 2600) and are no longer able to see the batch totals in the transaction entry screen or on a print out. Has anyone had any experience with this issue? There is a maintance task that needs to be run after Multicurrency is installed. Cant remember if it is Check Links or Reconcile but it is one of those two. This will establish default currency id in existing transactions/batches/etc. Hope that helps -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help lea...