Web Service 500 error

I have a web service that returns a XML dataset, but when i invoke the WS, i get the http 500 internal server error msg

The stored procedure retrives data just fine in .NEt environment and in Enterprise Manager. The user in the connection string has permission to execute the SP.

Any ideas?

0
anonymous (74722)

500 just means your app is breaking.
There is some error in logic, or an uncaught exception, or something.

Otherwise troubleshoot and debug as any app error.

Eg, invoke the same logic from an ASP.NET webpage (not webservice) and you
should be able to see the errors (if the page is local).

-Dino

"JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a web service that returns a XML dataset, but when i invoke the WS,
i get the http 500 internal server error msg

> The stored procedure retrives data just fine in .NEt environment and in
Enterprise Manager. The user in the connection string has permission to
execute the SP.

> Any ideas?

0
dinoch1 (221)

C# programs startup with an error dialog box
Hello, I have a problem with .NET programs (C# written using Visual Studio 2005) that are running on a particular computer. When I execute the programs, there is a delay followed by a dialog box with the name of the executable on the title bar. There is an error icon with an OK button. There is no other information displayed. After pressing the OK button the application exits. I tried to compile a simple WinForms application. It runs okay on my apps development PC, but when transferred to and run on the other PC, it crashes with the same error. I tried to reload the dot Net 2....

Email Activity
We are receiving the following error message when accessing an email activity in CRM 4.0 from a few laptops (javascript error appears) and attempting to change tabs on the record... <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/ Org&#47;activities&#47;email&#47;edit.aspx&#63;id&#61;&#123;6746A358-7BB5- DD11-9BEF-00064F5FE13D&#125;</URL> <PageURL>...

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

File error: data may have been lost.
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002 in Win XP Japanese. Hi (konichiwa), if you cannot open the file, try this: open a new workbook. Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then okay. This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see what happens. It worked for me when file became unopenable. - Mark - mark >-----Original Message----- >What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an >Excel spreadshee...

DTD ?? and Errors when trying to Retrieve / Read a generated XML f
Hi All Hope someone can help. Using WebRequest.Method = "POST" and ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" I connect to a web application which then is expected to return me an XML file ie It is generated and returned rather than existing as a file in a location. my webrequest reads as... http://webedu/webct/public/serve_webctdb?OPERATION=homearea_xml From the Browser I get this returned <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> - <homearea base="http:...

Display Library Web Part on Parent
Can someone explain to me the best way of displaying a document library web part on a parent site? In other word, I have a sub-teamsite that has a document library and I'd like to display it as a web part on the parent site. What's the easiest and best approach? -- Thanks, Brad That really depends. Do you have WSS or MOSS? MOSS has a web part called the Content Query Web Part that will let you display a plethora of data from within the site collection, including items from a single library. If you only have WSS you can use Designer to link to the sub-site and th...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

Can't insert column; keep receiving error message
I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message that said, "...unable to shift nonblank cells off worksheet." I tried everything from unhiding all columns and rows toreformatting all the comments to move and size with their relative cells. I also removed all the comments and I was still unable to insert a column. Does anyone have a solution Thank you >-----Original Message----- >I was updating a large spreadsheet and all of a sudden I was unable to insert columns. I kept getting an error message th...

Getting 'unspecified error' sending email with embedded image?
I'm using an email newsletter template in Word, and including image files. I cut and paste the final word version into Outlook, and send. When I format the images to appear in front of the text, and try to send as an email, I get a message 'unspecified error' and the email won't send. If I format the images behind the text, the email can be sent, but the images do not appear in the received email. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Judy ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Has the service pack and Moble connectivity update been released?
Has the service pack and Mobile connectivity update been released? There was talk at the last Microsoft seminar I attended back in June that there would be some patches and feature updates for CRM released this summer. Have they been released yet? Bill Walter yes they have been released. Go to support.microsoft.com then downloads and seach on microsoft crm. the mobile addon has been released as well as updates for Windows XP SP2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmai...

Question about OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED error!
When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED. I depend on its tip and add Coinitialize() in. but It strill is wrong. who can help me? COleDataSource* pOds = new COleDataSource(); if (pOds == NULL) return FALSE; pOds->CacheGlobalData(nFormat,hMem); pOds->SetClipboard(); Michael F wrote: > When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, > SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find > OleSetClipboard return...

Is it normal when the sever's response is "service unavailable"
Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try again later. Does that mean I did not set up well? When you say you set up for home use, are you trying to pull work email from home? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "may" wrote: > Just set up my new Outlook address for home use but when I sent a message I > got an error message stating : No respones and server is unavailable try > again later. Does that me...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

trying to start a service with VBScript on Win7
Hello: I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. I have a service which is set to manual -- I only need to run it when I'm doing development and thus not take up resources. At any rate, none of the previous scripts I have, nor the samples from the ScriptCenter will start this script. When I try to make a batch file, from command line I get: [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 5: Access is denied. From searching on Google, I guess this is a permission problem but since the home premium flavor of Windows 7 doesn't come with GPEdit, I'm at a loss what to do. Is...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Domain Rights
Silly question... Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange server. If possible, please provide a M$ link. thanks, FastEddie On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:43:05 -0500, "FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote: >Silly question... > >Does an Exchange 5.5 service account need to be a domain admin? It seems >like it does not need to be domain admin, just local admin on the exchange >server. Nope. In fact, it is recommended that it not be a d...

Web link to Excel file
I'm trying to link to an Excel 97 file from a ColdFusion web page. The first time I click the link, the file opens fine in the browser (I.E. 5.5). If I close the file and click the link again, I get a message stating 'filename.xls is currently being modified by "my user name here". Open as read only?'. I can still open the file as read only, but am wondering why I get this message, because I'm not making any modifications. I've had other people try this link, and they get the same thing, except it tells them that they're the one modifying the fi...

VBA turing up on the web...excel transfer...
Ok, here's the deal! I want to take my database/spreadsheet from excel and place it on the web with interactivity - I have done this so far.....what the problem is: I have macros in VBA programing that is not going with the excel pages onto the web...why? Is this going to be easier if I start from scratch in FrontPage to be able to control this program fully? Please help...I can't find anyone that knows....:-( ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** ...

HQ CLient Error #2
I have got a runtime error 6 overflow whenever i go into HQ Client configuration, I have uninstalled RMS restarted my PC and then reinstalled RMS and i still get this error this is RMS version 2.0. Please can some one help as i am really struggling with this!!! I have looked and the only runtime 6 post i can find is to do with transfers having a large number but there is nothing i can see in HQ Client that is too long and cannot get into configuration. ...

subtotal
I am using Excel 2003, recently upgraded to service pack 2. I have a macro that opens a delimited text file, I then copy all, paste values and number formats and then run a macro that subtotals a balance by change in every consumer. The problem is that when, upgraded to service pack 2, the last record does not subtotal, all other records do. I have tried copying only the "live" data after the marco opens the text file. Still the same error. I have tried pasting different ways - values, normal paste, paste values and number formats. Same thing happens - the GRAND TOTAL - ends u...

Exchange Web Access Issue
Hello everyone, I posted a while back but looks like my post got lost. Anyways, I have Exchange 2003 installed on my Windows 2003 Enterprise server. I have exchange properly setup, and the Outlook Web Access isn't changed in anyways. I'm not sure what infomation to include, so just tell me. Basically, my clients can access my server without problems on a open network, without proxies. However, when they try to access from their workplace, which uses proxys, they run into issues. The initial login is fine, everything loads. However, if they try to refresh the folder list, create email...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...