VS2003 XML Visualizer missing!

Hi all gurus,
in my PCs I have VS2010, VS2008 and... VS2003. Why? Others lack 2k3's XML
visualizer, which is able to show XML's data, if it comes from a DataSet
serialization. Looking at various replies, someone suggests to use a XML
visualizer, but I've tried a bunch of these objects, and usually they require
XSLT, XSD or other objects to let me observe contained data, while 2k3's one
simply infers data structure from XML itself, and then shows data formatted
that way. Can pls some1 of you help me to achieve the same result in VS2008?
Is out there any visualizer that does such a thing?
Lot of thanks in advance!

tesis

Identifying all Namespace / Prefixes when reading an XML
How do I identify all of the namespace / prefix pairs associated with an XML document I am reading? Thanks for any help. Paul PaulF wrote: > How do I identify all of the namespace / prefix pairs associated with an XML > document I am reading? XPath has a namespace axis you could have your code walk. It depends on how you read your XML document, with Xml(Text)Reader you do not have XPath support. With XPathDocument or XmlDocument you do. XPath expression is //namespace::* or (with duplicates removed) //namespace::*[not(. = ../../namespace::*] Note that the prefix xml is a...

missing but delivered
Outlook 2002 Exchange 5.5 all sp current user "a" and "b" can send and receive from other users. "a" can send to "b" but when "b" sends or replies to "a", the message never shows up in "a"'s inbox even though tracking the message in exchange admin shows it delivered it to "a". "a" did not delete the message(watched as the problem was replicated several times) nor does "a" have any rules that would address emails from "b"(did a find in the entire mailbox just in case, no mail...

Disable MAPI Missing after SP2 install
We succesfully installed SP2 for Exchange 2003. However I can't find the ability to disable MAPI access under an AD object's Exchange Features tab. Anyone know if I'm missing something? Thanks From the release notes - it's an attribute stored on a user account. Doesn't look like you'll find it under the Exchange Features tab. Enabling or Disabling MAPI Access per User Exchange Server 2003 SP2 adds functionality to enable administrators to completely turn off MAPI access for a given user, or to grant access to a user whose Microsoft Office Outlook is configure...

Receipt
Does anyone know whether it's possible to use a string as part of the conditional expression ? The code I'm trying to use is : <IF> <CONDITION> Entry.Item.ItemLookupCode = "GV" </CONDITION> <THEN>"XYZ"</THEN> <ELSE>"123"</ELSE> </IF> It's working fine if I replace the "GV" with a number, but always hits the ELSE expression when it's a string. I've also tried using a string variable here, which also fails. tnx TJ Nope, no string comparisons. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Cons...

user id or team id is missing
Thanks to everyone's help I've been able to import into the CDF/DMF successfully (or so I believe). However when weh I run the Migration tool, I receive for what appears to be every record: The user id or team id is missing. My users have licenses. I've run ListUmappedUsers and there are no unmapped users. I've run MapUser for all bad users previously. I'm not sure what this means and how to import my data. Please help. I've seen other similar posts, but no clear resolution. When you imported the records into the CDF did each record have an "owner" c...

Saving/Loading Xml to/from an Xml file
Hi I have a function called GetXml that returns Xml as expected. I then use: Dim saveFile As New SaveFileDialog and the configure saveFile. Having got the file and the Xml, how can I then write the Xml to the file? Also, how could I load the Xml back in to a string using an OpenFileDialog (openFile) or similar? Regards, Carl Gilbert "Carl Gilbert" <cnl@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OHk4WC5qEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Having got the file and the Xml, how can I then write the Xml to the file? Dim writer As System.IO.StreamWriter writer = ...

CRT, VCRT, MFC merge modules not updated with VS2003 SP1.
Merge modules are not updated by the VS2003SP1 installer. Where can I get new msm files with updated components?-- Thanks, Stefan Hi Stefan, I have checked those msm files after applying the VS2003 SP1, their contained DLL files have already been updated to the 7.10.6030.0 version ones. If this is not the case in your machine, I suggest you run that VS2003 SP1package under the admin account. Thanks! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to http://msdn.m...

XML Security
I have posted this on ASP security to no avail. I have a web app written in c#. This app dynamically creates an Xsl doc from user defined info in the database. It also creates an instance of another c# class. This object gets passed into the Xsl doc as a parameter, and it is called from within the stylesheet to perform various functions during transformation. This object also uses some gdi32 and other unmanaged code. The I am seeing is that various exceptions (SecurityException, namely) are thrown from the component any time these methods are called. I have tried granting FullTru...

Retrieving default values specified from XML Schema file
Hi All, I have an VS.NET 2003 app which will be processing XML files, some of which will have empty elements (for example, <Item />). I have an XSD file which should supply default values, but I am not able to read these plugged in value using an XMLDocument object. The validation is working fine--it's just not providing any default values. Has anybody tried this? Am I must be missing something? This is one of those that "should be simple..." Here's a simplifed version of the code and XML files: XmlDocument xmldoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlSchemaCollection my...

ASP.NET Caching XML
In the world of MSXML 4.0 - one of the techniques used was caching the DomDocument in the application cache with ASP. Updates made to individual nodes could occur concurrently. Is this still possible in .NET? Or is the a better design to use. Paul Jansz wrote: > In the world of MSXML 4.0 - one of the techniques used was caching the > DomDocument in the application cache with ASP. > Updates made to individual nodes could occur concurrently. > > Is this still possible in .NET? Or is the a better design to use. I believe the same goes for System.Xml.XmlDocument class of .NE...

XML
I can not locate XML on my Data menu for Excel. I checked to see if it was an add-on but it's not. You don't say which version and edition of Excel you are running. From Excel 2003 help. Note XML features, except for saving files in the XML Spreadsheet format, are available only in Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and Microsoft Office Excel 2003. Excel 2007 has XML support also. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:08:03 -0700, emi <emi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not locate XML on my Data menu for Excel. I checked to see if it wa...

Missing Workflow Manager Templates
Hello, I am attempting to use Workflow Manager to setup some basic workflow scenarios. I would like to start by using the basic "templates" as described in the documentation but they are not listed when I access workflow manager. Can anyone tell me how to recover/restore the files? Thanks in advance, Miles On your Server CD (PFiles\MSCRM\Tools) there is a template for the Solution Selling sales process. Stephen "Miles Standish" <pummeline00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:baef01c4892d$17e84c50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am attempting to u...

Missing fonts #2
I have MS Word & Publisher and mysteriously 1 of my most common fonts just became missing and all of my documents that had them have changed to something else. The font which is missing is the "Invitation" font. Does anyone know how I can get it back? I did an uninstal and a reinstall twice now with no success. Please help. Frank Did you look for it in the Windows\Fonts directory? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frankcd77" <Frankcd77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:971500B0-C0EF-4E07-B708-ABD9923FE690@microsoft.com... >...

Import External Data (to Excel, from Excel) Misses Data
I had an Excel file with two tabs. One, "Log". was a running log filled out by processors (non-techie types). The other, "Scorecard", was various performance metrics calculated based on the log entries. For various reasons, I had to seperate these into two files. In order to calculate the scorecard, I used the "Import External Data" so the scorecard can be recalculated by "Refresh Data" to get the latest update from the log. In the import wizard, I select the Excel file with the log in it and then choose the tab that contains the log, "Log$". ...

Messages Missing Content
I am receivng a couple particular forwarded e-mails in HTML format from folks that are on OL2000 & Word 2000, which when I receive them are missing the content these folks have added to the messages prior to sending (forwarding) them to me. I am on OL2002 & Word 2002. I've read Knowledge Base Article 292865 for OL2002 regarding missing content, but it doesn't seem to apply. I've tried changing from HTML to RTF to plain text, all to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Chuck ...

Visual Studio Setup project. Vista and Xp differences
Question 1: I develop on Vista and my project consists of myExe.exe and myProj.dll. I use Visual Studio 2008's Setup Project to produce setup.exe and .msi. It installs and works on other Vista systems but on Xp systems, it installs but upon launch I get 'procedure entry point _ftol2 not found' errors. Not surprisingly, I found that this error goes away on Xp if I compile and build the same VS2008 project on a Xp machine instead. Anyway I don't need to do this? Question 2: My myProj.dll is dependent on mfc90ud.dll, msvcp90d.dll, msvcr90d.dll and etc. accord...

missing Excel files in MyDocuments folder
We save or Excel files in the default location "My Documents" A few days ago we noticed that all Excel files starting with the letter "K" and all the way to "Z" are missing from this location. It is Office XP with only SP2 so far ( this might be the issue)( Also SP1 for Windows so far) and we are able to locate the missing files by opening the "more worksheets" option in the Task Pane(which opens My Documents) and typing in the first few letter of say a "Wells Fargo...." spreadsheet. We can open the doc and when we try a "save as&qu...

menu bar missing
One of my workers has Outlook XP. There is no menu bar. When I look in the customize dialog box the menu bar check box is checked. I can't seem to find anything in the KB. Any ideas? Thanks Fay search for outcmd.dat and delete it and open outlook backup and see what happens. "Fay Yocum" <fyocum@REMOVEix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:%23IrsLUYLEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > One of my workers has Outlook XP. There is no menu bar. When I look in the > customize dialog box the menu bar check box is checked. I can't seem to find > anything in the KB. An...

xml within xml?
Hi all, I wish to embed an xml document within an element of another xml document. If I enclose the child xml within a CDATA section will the DOM not parse the child xml? What is the best way to do this? Additionally what should the parent element be defined as in the xsd? I noticed xs:anytype throws an error when validating the final xml doc. TIA, RP RP wrote: > Hi all, I wish to embed an xml document within an element of another xml > document. If I enclose the child xml within a CDATA section will the DOM not > parse the child xml? What is the best way to do this? Additionally...

Merge 2 xml file

what am I missing
OK, I think my report are working, I can run some and even add them. However, I am trying to add a specific Quote report and was told that when I add it I should set the "Related Records Type" to "Quote". But it isn't an option for me. In fact the only options are "Users" and "Articles". What am I missing here. Somthing to also make not of is that if I go to IIS and right-click the "Reports" virtual directory and try to browse I get an unauthorized error. I was told somthing about the report services needing to run under .net 2.0 ...

missing public folder contents
We are running exchange 5.5 sp4 on Server 2000. When I open Exchange administrator, there are no contents in any of our public folders. But if I go to any client, everything is in public folders on the client machines. What am I missing????????? The contents of public folders do not show up in Exchange Administrator. You can see subfolders, but not posts themselves. The only way to view the contents of a public folder is with a MAPI client such as Outlook. >-----Original Message----- >We are running exchange 5.5 sp4 on Server 2000. When I open Exchange >administrator, the...

Missing Toolbar in Outlook
Hi. I would appreciate some help with Outlook. When I have opened an email message and within the message I want to "reply" or "reply to all" the buttons are missing. Something happened that I cannot figure out. I have gone into Toolbar Command Action and highlighted these buttons but may not be going in the right direction as this did not fix the problem. Your help is appreciated. Is your cursor in the message body when you try to reply or forward the message? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

XML Serializer Collection Example
I have been trying everything I can find to add a collection to a class that will be run through the XML Serializer, and am coming up with nothing THAT WORKS. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I imagine it would go something like this, but I can't put all the pieces together to actually make it work.... See the code lines with XXXXX below.... What should the XXXXX's be? What else would be required to do to use XXXXX? VB.NET SAMPLE CODE: ========================== Public Class clsPerson Public FirstName As String Public LastName As String Public SSN As Stri...

Missing Messages #2
Suddenly, over a week's worth of e-mail messages disappeared from the inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2003, (NOT Outlook Express). What happened and what can be done to fix the problem? This just occurred about two days ago. The most recent date in my inox is 13/Nov/2006. I rebooted my computer to no avail. I have Windows XP Pro w/ SP2. Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I've been using the drafts folder to compose e-mail messages since I don't "trust" the inbox. Right click in the toolbar area, enable the Advanced Toolbar, and use = the dropdown to ensure you are using the ...