UI Data Validation using XML Schema

Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help.

Thanks!
0
Sonia (8)

use picture as a button
is it possible to have a picture as a button to take the user to another page? (using a macro)? You could even assign it a hyperlink! ash wrote: > > is it possible to have a picture as a button to take the > user to another page? (using a macro)? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Hello Ash This won't turn your picture into a button, someone with more experience can help you with that but below is what I generated with the macro recoreder. HTH Mark (InWales) Sub Picture_Press() ' Picture_Press Macro recorded 14/09/04 'unprotect worksheet it doesn't appear to wo...

XPathNavigator not working when schema used
PLEASE HELP! I'm writing a function to populate DropDownLists from and xml file. I am having a problem getting my XPathNavigator to select any nodes when I attach a schema to my xml document. Xml Doc: Dropdown.xml XML Schema: Dropdown.xsd Here is my XML Document... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <DropDownLists xmlns="http://tempuri.org/DropDown.xsd"> <DropDownList name="DataSource"> <Option name="SqlServer" value="SqlServer" /> <Option name="Oracle" value="Oracle" /&...

Converting from PFS File data
Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to bring into the 21st century. Help, please. Thanks. Herb Rosenfield wrote: > Is Access capable and successful program to convert data- > files from PFS File? Used to happily run my mental health > practice in Cheshire, CT on PFS programs and I have some > data-bases of clinicians/providers whose info I need to > bring into the 21st century. ...

Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies.
can any one please tell me how to do this one even any example or links to do will be appreciated Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies. Requirements: The tool should be able to perform the following: * Open an existing XLIFF file * Save the modified XLIFF file * Display the Id (read only) * Display the un-translated text (read only) * Display and edit the translated text (read/write) o Changing the text should automatically change the state to translated * Display and edit the translation state as a Boolean (is translate...

Money 2007
Howdy, I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I'd run into any problems doing it that way. Anyone know for sure? In microsoft.public.money, Mr B wrote: > > >I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a >network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time >obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Can I rearrange data label sequence
Excel 07, in pie chart, have label options with check boxes Series Name, Category Name, Value, Percentage. So a typical outcome is "Tonnes 3,450 24%" separated by lines. Would be better if it was "3,450 Tonnes 24%. Is there a method to change the sequncing without messing up automated results. Hi, the data lables are picking their info up from cells in the spreadsheet, so create a new column and concatenate the three components. For example create a column with the values of the individual slices divided by the total - this is the %, suppose it is in column C with th...

how to use excel to do random sampling
I have a data set of 30 numbers. I need to use excel to draw 50 random samples of size 5 and then compute the mean for each sample. How do I do this? if your sample is between a1:a30 and your sample between 0 & 1. in B1 type =Rand(a1) and copy and paste the formula to B30. if your numbers are larger than 1 then use =Rand(a1)*100. Rand() gives you random sample. Nikki "stats" wrote: > I have a data set of 30 numbers. I need to use excel to draw 50 random > samples of size 5 and then compute the mean for each sample. How do I do > this? With, or without, ...

Data Conversion into Sybase
Hello. We have a very large Excel spreadsheet that we want to convert into a Sybase Database. We are wondering if anyone had a good suggestion as to go about doing this. We've thought about converting the data into MS Access first and then going to Sybase, but using the intermediate program doesn't seem like it is the best idea. Also, we're only converting about 1000 rows now, but there are many, many more that will need to be converted later on. Any sugggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi I would try to save the Excel files as *.csv file. Sybase should be able to...

inserting a text into xml file
Hi friends, I am new to csharp and XML : fp=File.OpenText(server.mappath(".\\upload\\")+"test.txt"); string info=fp.readtoend(); string[] arinfo =new string[4]; char splitter = {'|','^'}; arinfo =info.split(splitter); for(int x=0;x<arinfo.length;x++) { response.write(arinfo[x]+"<br>"); a=arinfo[x]; xmltextwriter xwriter=new xmltextwriter("C:/XML/Data.xml",system.text.encoding.UTF8); xwriter.writestartdocument(true); xwriter.writestartelement("login"); xwriter.writeelementstring("usernam...

using linear / non linear graphs to extract results
Hi, A frequent function of my job is to analyse data on graphs/charts to extract data for engineering data , i.e power / temperature/flowrates etc etc Is the a microsoft based programe i.e. Excel/Access that is capable of understanding data on a scaled X-Y axis that if an X value was entered in a cell, the programme would extract a corresponding Y value from a line on a graph ? If anyone has any woring examples of such a thing, I'd appreciate a link Thx Hi, If there is a linear relationship between X and Y use the function FORECAST It a power series is needed use LINEST - see examp...

Problem using CPropertySheet over CFormView
Hi! I have three views in an MFC SDI application, split using CSplitterWnd. And in one of the views we have some edit controls and gird controls. In the same view, on selection of a menuitem, I create a modeless CPropertySheet with two pages and place it over the edit controls. Now on clicking the property sheet, I am getting the overlapped display of editcontrols in the view. How can I avoid this. Please help. Thanking you in anticipation. Best Regards! Babu PSM Babu wrote: > Hi! > > I have three views in an MFC SDI application, split using > CSplitterWnd. > And in one ...

Prevent data change in custom view
In a custom view on a public folder, where data are grouped, it is possible to change editible fields in items by dragging & dropping it from one group to another. In my case this happened erroneously and data were changed unintentionally. Is there a way to prevent any data change in a view, e.g.to make a view READ-ONLY? ...

Need help merging a CSV with SQL data
Hi there, I have a shop with an e-procurement site that allows me to update a price list by downloading a CSV file, making the changes, and then uploading it back into there system. The CSV file has the following headings: @UKID - there unique ID for each products Item Name - the name of the item Part NO - our unique ID for each product Price - the price for the product I have an SQL view that shows our unique ID (Part NO) and the price. How can I merge the CSV and the SQL view? Our system does not have the @UKID code, but I don't think it needs it if I can easily merge the 2 toget...

spreadsheet data prints outwrong info
Hi, was using excel 2000 spreadsheet and accidentally changed something that has to do with the printing. My speadsheet will have all the correct information on my computer screen and when I try to print out it come out all garbled Example: #EDFNILOO#IRXQGDWRXO ':</81533. It has gotten a whole new language of incorrect numbers. If someone also sends me an email with an attachment of a excel spreadsheet it will also print out crazy Too!! Anyone have an idea how to fix this problem, is this associated with values? Thanks Kim I would first try emptying my Windows temp folder. If th...

moving to next cell using "Enter"
With Excel XP (Windows EX also) Excel seems to have a problem remembering what direction to move the focus when the Enter key is hit. Is there a fix or a way of keeping it the same? Thanks -- Joseph Meehan Dia duit Hi, Go to Tools->Options and choose Edit tab. In that choose the direction of the Enter key to the way you want. Govind. Joseph Meehan wrote: > With Excel XP (Windows EX also) Excel seems to have a problem > remembering what direction to move the focus when the Enter key is hit. Is > there a fix or a way of keeping it the same? > >...

importing data from excel to Microsoft money to create invoice
How do I import data direct from excel to create an invoice in Microsoft Money? I am trying to avoid completing individual lines of data on the invoice. I want to create the invoice by bringing it over direct rather then crreating individual lines. ...

what is the format of Journal Data in Journal Table?
I was wondering whether i can retrieve the data from Journal Table in VB application to view the printed documents. What is the format of this field and what is the suitable application should be used to view this journal content? Thx! NJ, I am trying to do same - as far as I can work out the data is a compressed (zip) version of the (partial) xml receipt. I have been able to extract the uncompressed receipt with the data but now I am trying to figure out how to display it - I am thinking that the XML parser has not been exposed in QS rules and that I have to build my own parser and displa...

Use the propertyInfo to setValues
Hello. I am using the propertyInfo type. dim pi as propertyInfo pi = myClass.getType().getProperty("myPropertyName", BindingFlags.Public Or BindingFlags.Instance) myPropertyName may be any property, such as borderLevel, etc. I want to set myPropertyName to a specific value, as propertyGrid does (I mean - by sending it a string). I see there are methods : getGetMethod, and getSetMethod - Are those method the property editors ? Can I use those method to solve the problem ? How can I do that ? Thanks :) On 21/06/2010 13:45, Mr. X. wrote: > I am using...

Can't usefully record macro
Word 2003 I attempted to record a macro then reposition a table by grabbing the little table reposition icon but it won't let me do it. I just want to record moving a table and then view the recorded maco. (I have Word 2007 at home and I've never had this problem) In record mode it only lets me type in stuff. Try recording the action of positioning the table using the Table Properties dialog. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted...

.NET XML based AutoUpdater
Some of you might be interested in this open source AutoUpdater for ..NET "Sharp AutoUpdater provides an auto-update feature for .NET applications. Using XML configuration files, Sharp AutoUpdater component detects if there is a new version of the software, downloads, unzips, and installs the new files." Link: http://csautoupdater.sourceforge.net/ ...

Denormalized data in Excel
Hi, I'm not an expert in Excel, but I opened an XML file in Excel, and modified and now I'm trying to export it out. However it is telling me that: ____ is not exportable because it contains the following: Denormalized data I do not understand what the above is telling me. A sample XML file can be found in the below link: http://muaddib-images.com/sample_xml.xml Can someone give me a quick guide on what's wrong? On Excel 2007 here. Thanks! In a database, "normalized" data has been associated with data identifiers that are used to link it to ...

MSExchangeDSAccess
Hi, My customer had this error on his Win 2003 SMB server yesterday: MSExchangeDSAccess MAD.EXE (PID=4448). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding : <his.domain>.local System info: Acer G320 SMB server, P4 3GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB in RAID1 (mirror) CA (Computer Associates) security suite installed - SCM R8 (eTrust Secure Content Management) - ITM R8 (Integrated Thread Management) 6 client PC's (3 wireless) Q1: What will the customer / employees notice as consequences ? Q2: Is this critical ? Q3: Will this automatically be resolved by some recovery /...

interactive picture using behaviors
I want to add an interactive feature to my website which allows people to click to make an animated candle appear and then stay there, even if clicked again. I also would like them to be able to add a name below or beside the animated candle, but I have a feeling that the addition of a name would be asking too much from FP 2003. Any help would be much appreciated (but please, keep it simple). Thanks! Producing the candle is fairly easy - see http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/show-and-hide.aspx for an example. To use a name requires a form and form processing with javascri...

Preserve Shape Data
I have a server shape with custom properties (shape data) defined. Now, I would like to take the server shape and make various versions of it, i.e. add an envelope to make it e-mail server shape w/o losing the shape data of the server. Any time I group the envelope and the server shape, the new shape looses the custom properties I would like to preserve. If I add the new shape w/o grouping to a stencil, grouping will automatically occur resulting again in losing the data. Would anybody know how to get around this? On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:42:05 -0800, Germex <Germex@discussions.micr...