Transfer data from XML to Stream?

Hi all,

I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ.  Before I
process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to modify
the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an element
structure or rename certain fields.  I'm using XmlTextReader to read over
the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file that I
essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object.

I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running instance
of the COM component rather than create another physical file then pick it
back up.

Here's what I'm doing now...

        Dim oXmlRdr As New
XmlTextReader("C:\project_changes_7252003112639568.xml")
        Dim sXmlDocName As String = "C:\GatewayProduct.xml"
        Dim oXmlWtr As New XmlTextWriter(sXmlDocName, Nothing)
        Dim oXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()

        Try
            With oXmlWtr
                .Formatting = Formatting.Indented
                .Indentation = 4
                .WriteStartDocument()
                .WriteStartElement("GatewayProject")

                While oXmlRdr.Read
                    Select Case oXmlRdr.Name
                        Case "q1:CostCenter"
                            oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("CostCenter",
oXmlRdr.ReadString)
                        Case "q1:BranchID"
                            oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("BranchID",
oXmlRdr.ReadString)
                    End Select
                End While

                oXmlRdr.Close()

                .WriteEndElement()
                .WriteEndDocument()
                .Flush()
                .Close()

                oXmlDoc.Load(sXmlDocName)
                MsgBox(oXmlDoc.OuterXml)

            End With
        Catch
            MsgBox(Err.Description)
        End Try

Is there a more efficient way to do this to avoid creating the
C:\GatewayProduct.xml file and just usig the xml in a stream?

TIA
-Rich


0
7/31/2003 8:51:08 PM
dotnet.xml 7266 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
931 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

You can create an XML text writer that writes to a string via StringWriter
or to a MemoryStream via StreamWriter which should be less overhead. You
should also be able to write directly to an XmlNode using the XmlNodeWriter
class described at http://www.xmlandasp.net/downloads/XmlNodeWriter.zip

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Rich Wallace" <rich.wallace@jfshea.com> wrote in message
news:OanR5V6VDHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ.  Before I
> process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to
modify
> the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an element
> structure or rename certain fields.  I'm using XmlTextReader to read over
> the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file that
I
> essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object.
>
> I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running instance
> of the COM component rather than create another physical file then pick it
> back up.
>
> Here's what I'm doing now...
>
>         Dim oXmlRdr As New
> XmlTextReader("C:\project_changes_7252003112639568.xml")
>         Dim sXmlDocName As String = "C:\GatewayProduct.xml"
>         Dim oXmlWtr As New XmlTextWriter(sXmlDocName, Nothing)
>         Dim oXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
>
>         Try
>             With oXmlWtr
>                 .Formatting = Formatting.Indented
>                 .Indentation = 4
>                 .WriteStartDocument()
>                 .WriteStartElement("GatewayProject")
>
>                 While oXmlRdr.Read
>                     Select Case oXmlRdr.Name
>                         Case "q1:CostCenter"
>                             oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("CostCenter",
> oXmlRdr.ReadString)
>                         Case "q1:BranchID"
>                             oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("BranchID",
> oXmlRdr.ReadString)
>                     End Select
>                 End While
>
>                 oXmlRdr.Close()
>
>                 .WriteEndElement()
>                 .WriteEndDocument()
>                 .Flush()
>                 .Close()
>
>                 oXmlDoc.Load(sXmlDocName)
>                 MsgBox(oXmlDoc.OuterXml)
>
>             End With
>         Catch
>             MsgBox(Err.Description)
>         End Try
>
> Is there a more efficient way to do this to avoid creating the
> C:\GatewayProduct.xml file and just usig the xml in a stream?
>
> TIA
> -Rich
>
>


0
sqldev (66)
7/31/2003 10:50:44 PM
Thank you for the info on this.  Is there any possible way to see a basic
example in VB.NET as well?  I've never actually seen C# until today.

-Rich

"SQL Server Development Team" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ud3$tY7VDHA.532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You can create an XML text writer that writes to a string via StringWriter
> or to a MemoryStream via StreamWriter which should be less overhead. You
> should also be able to write directly to an XmlNode using the
XmlNodeWriter
> class described at http://www.xmlandasp.net/downloads/XmlNodeWriter.zip
>
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
>
> "Rich Wallace" <rich.wallace@jfshea.com> wrote in message
> news:OanR5V6VDHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a COM component that receives XML documents from MSMQ.  Before I
> > process the final documents and pass it to my application, I want to
> modify
> > the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair structure from an
element
> > structure or rename certain fields.  I'm using XmlTextReader to read
over
> > the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a new XML file
that
> I
> > essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument object.
> >
> > I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my running
instance
> > of the COM component rather than create another physical file then pick
it
> > back up.
> >
> > Here's what I'm doing now...
> >
> >         Dim oXmlRdr As New
> > XmlTextReader("C:\project_changes_7252003112639568.xml")
> >         Dim sXmlDocName As String = "C:\GatewayProduct.xml"
> >         Dim oXmlWtr As New XmlTextWriter(sXmlDocName, Nothing)
> >         Dim oXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
> >
> >         Try
> >             With oXmlWtr
> >                 .Formatting = Formatting.Indented
> >                 .Indentation = 4
> >                 .WriteStartDocument()
> >                 .WriteStartElement("GatewayProject")
> >
> >                 While oXmlRdr.Read
> >                     Select Case oXmlRdr.Name
> >                         Case "q1:CostCenter"
> >                             oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("CostCenter",
> > oXmlRdr.ReadString)
> >                         Case "q1:BranchID"
> >                             oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("BranchID",
> > oXmlRdr.ReadString)
> >                     End Select
> >                 End While
> >
> >                 oXmlRdr.Close()
> >
> >                 .WriteEndElement()
> >                 .WriteEndDocument()
> >                 .Flush()
> >                 .Close()
> >
> >                 oXmlDoc.Load(sXmlDocName)
> >                 MsgBox(oXmlDoc.OuterXml)
> >
> >             End With
> >         Catch
> >             MsgBox(Err.Description)
> >         End Try
> >
> > Is there a more efficient way to do this to avoid creating the
> > C:\GatewayProduct.xml file and just usig the xml in a stream?
> >
> > TIA
> > -Rich
> >
> >
>
>


0
8/1/2003 12:40:43 AM
> I've never actually seen C# until today.

Then start looking, because it's a great language :-)

-- 
venlig hilsen / with regards
anders borum
--


0
na1006 (31)
8/1/2003 9:37:25 AM
You could use and XSLT to modify the format.


>-----Original Message-----
>Hi all,
>
>I have a COM component that receives XML documents from 
MSMQ.  Before I
>process the final documents and pass it to my 
application, I want to modify
>the format a bit, as in create a name/value pair 
structure from an element
>structure or rename certain fields.  I'm using 
XmlTextReader to read over
>the original doc and I'm using XmlTextWriter to create a 
new XML file that I
>essentially need to load up again into an XMLDocument 
object.
>
>I'd rather write the modified XML to a stream local to my 
running instance
>of the COM component rather than create another physical 
file then pick it
>back up.
>
>Here's what I'm doing now...
>
>        Dim oXmlRdr As New
>XmlTextReader("C:\project_changes_7252003112639568.xml")
>        Dim sXmlDocName As String 
= "C:\GatewayProduct.xml"
>        Dim oXmlWtr As New XmlTextWriter(sXmlDocName, 
Nothing)
>        Dim oXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
>
>        Try
>            With oXmlWtr
>                .Formatting = Formatting.Indented
>                .Indentation = 4
>                .WriteStartDocument()
>                .WriteStartElement("GatewayProject")
>
>                While oXmlRdr.Read
>                    Select Case oXmlRdr.Name
>                        Case "q1:CostCenter"
>                            oXmlWtr.WriteElementString
("CostCenter",
>oXmlRdr.ReadString)
>                        Case "q1:BranchID"
>                            oXmlWtr.WriteElementString
("BranchID",
>oXmlRdr.ReadString)
>                    End Select
>                End While
>
>                oXmlRdr.Close()
>
>                .WriteEndElement()
>                .WriteEndDocument()
>                .Flush()
>                .Close()
>
>                oXmlDoc.Load(sXmlDocName)
>                MsgBox(oXmlDoc.OuterXml)
>
>            End With
>        Catch
>            MsgBox(Err.Description)
>        End Try
>
>Is there a more efficient way to do this to avoid 
creating the
>C:\GatewayProduct.xml file and just usig the xml in a 
stream?
>
>TIA
>-Rich
>
>
>.
>
0
mmuffett (1)
8/1/2003 2:29:54 PM
I left your code intact, the change is that I introduced a MemoryStream that
the XmlTextWriter is actually writing to.  You can set the Position back to
0 to rewind it.

        Dim mem as New System.IO.MemoryStream()
        Dim oXmlRdr As New
XmlTextReader("C:\project_changes_7252003112639568.xml")
        Dim oXmlWtr As New XmlTextWriter(mem, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8)
        Dim oXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()

        Try
            With oXmlWtr
                .Formatting = Formatting.Indented
                .Indentation = 4
                .WriteStartDocument()
                .WriteStartElement("GatewayProject")

                While oXmlRdr.Read
                    Select Case oXmlRdr.Name
                        Case "q1:CostCenter"
                            oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("CostCenter",
oXmlRdr.ReadString)
                        Case "q1:BranchID"
                            oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("BranchID",
oXmlRdr.ReadString)
                    End Select
                End While

                oXmlRdr.Close()

                .WriteEndElement()
                .WriteEndDocument()
                .Flush()

                mem.Position = 0
                oXmlDoc.Load(mem)
                MsgBox(oXmlDoc.OuterXml)

                .Close()

            End With
        Catch
            MsgBox(Err.Description)
        End Try


-- 
Kirk Allen Evans
www.xmlandasp.net
Read my web log at http://weblogs.asp.net/kaevans


"Rich Wallace" <rich.wallace@jfshea.com> wrote in message
news:#4UwWdEWDHA.2032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> So no examples of writing to a stream in VB?
>
> What about C# makes it great?  I'm curious now.
>
> "Anders Borum" <na@na.na> wrote in message
> news:OljJDCBWDHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > I've never actually seen C# until today.
> >
> > Then start looking, because it's a great language :-)
> >
> > -- 
> > venlig hilsen / with regards
> > anders borum
> > --
> >
> >
>
>


0
kaevans (29)
8/5/2003 12:34:27 PM
Never had a chance to thank you on this info, thank you very much.

"Kirk Allen Evans" <kaevans@nospamxmlandasp.net> wrote in message
news:%23Fono30WDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I left your code intact, the change is that I introduced a MemoryStream
that
> the XmlTextWriter is actually writing to.  You can set the Position back
to
> 0 to rewind it.
>
>         Dim mem as New System.IO.MemoryStream()
>         Dim oXmlRdr As New
> XmlTextReader("C:\project_changes_7252003112639568.xml")
>         Dim oXmlWtr As New XmlTextWriter(mem, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8)
>         Dim oXmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
>
>         Try
>             With oXmlWtr
>                 .Formatting = Formatting.Indented
>                 .Indentation = 4
>                 .WriteStartDocument()
>                 .WriteStartElement("GatewayProject")
>
>                 While oXmlRdr.Read
>                     Select Case oXmlRdr.Name
>                         Case "q1:CostCenter"
>                             oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("CostCenter",
> oXmlRdr.ReadString)
>                         Case "q1:BranchID"
>                             oXmlWtr.WriteElementString("BranchID",
> oXmlRdr.ReadString)
>                     End Select
>                 End While
>
>                 oXmlRdr.Close()
>
>                 .WriteEndElement()
>                 .WriteEndDocument()
>                 .Flush()
>
>                 mem.Position = 0
>                 oXmlDoc.Load(mem)
>                 MsgBox(oXmlDoc.OuterXml)
>
>                 .Close()
>
>             End With
>         Catch
>             MsgBox(Err.Description)
>         End Try
>
>
> -- 
> Kirk Allen Evans
> www.xmlandasp.net
> Read my web log at http://weblogs.asp.net/kaevans
>
>
> "Rich Wallace" <rich.wallace@jfshea.com> wrote in message
> news:#4UwWdEWDHA.2032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > So no examples of writing to a stream in VB?
> >
> > What about C# makes it great?  I'm curious now.
> >
> > "Anders Borum" <na@na.na> wrote in message
> > news:OljJDCBWDHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > > I've never actually seen C# until today.
> > >
> > > Then start looking, because it's a great language :-)
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > venlig hilsen / with regards
> > > anders borum
> > > --
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
9/11/2003 2:27:46 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

xslt transformation
xslt transformation - I would like to do something similar to loadXml in vb 6, but all the samples are loading xml from a file. I've spent two days digging, with no success, I've got to ask You... I have an xml doc as XmlTextReader (or string, or stream, but not the file), l would like to transform it and pass the result (as string, stream, xmlreader...) back. If anyone has something similar, or knows how to do that I'd appreciate. Thank you in advance. Try the different overloads for XmlDocument.Load(...) and the XmlDocument.LoadXml(...) method. "Ed Slen" <edsusle...

Searching xml file for multiple searchstrings
Hi, I want to search an xml file for particular searchstrings and also based on the date i.e. all items containing the date -----prior to the specified date, or ----on that date or ----- after the specified date. Also i want to search throught he xml nodes for more than one search string. for e.g. suppose i have an xml file <books> <book> <title> abcdef </title> <author> sdkfj </author> <pubdate> 2004/12/02 </pubdate> </book> <book> <title> kjdfj </title> <author> kdjfk </author> <pubdate> 2003/09...

New to XML services book recommendation please
Hi all, I am about to move into programming using an xml web services model. The first thing I need to know is whether you can use them privately within a corporate LAN, or whether you need to be connected to the internet for something. Secondly I'd like a good book recommendation (I'm in the UK). The documentation online is a minefield if you aren't familiar with the whole ..net framework. I am very comfortable with C++ and the traditional framework model. I understand the reason for the XML services model but none of the specifics regarding implementation. I also know next to ...

RE: Heading Changes as Filtered Data Changes
I need your help!!!!... I have a sheet with more than 5000 records/rows of 150 customers. I applied Filter to filter any selected customer data and take print out. The real nightmare begins when I am asked to take print out of all these customers (or selected) for specific period on separate papers with Name of Cutomer and duration (Start and End date... ex: From 1 Sept 2003 to 31 Dec 2003.) The question is that is there any easy way that after applying filter..... Report heading Changes the name of Customer and pick Start and end date from the Filtered Data. Current head...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

ETA: Data Migration Framework? Mobile Client?
Has anyone heard anything about the Data Migration Framework or the Mobile Client for CRM 3.0 (besides "90 days after release")? I'm going through an internal deployment and I am frustrated that these features are not there. The impression from management is that CRM 3.0 shipped incomplete. Any news would be appreciated... and if a Microsoft representative is listening, I would be willing to use pre-release code to move ahead with this project. No news yet - we'll post when we know something ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codega...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Change management
Thanks in advance. Some co-workers use a third party analysis tool built upon a complex, proprietary 2005 db. To assist their efforts to validate their inputs to this tool, I long ago created a some views in another db on the same server. The views join some 18 or more tables from the proprietary db. All the joined table names are fully qualified with the prefix 'dbname.dbo.' Also created were functions and sprocs that also reference the proprietary db. These views, sprocs, & functions are used by both an Excel application and by a DotNet app, i.e., they'r...

Can we set the UI color scheme via VB[A} or XML?
Does anyone know a way to set the color scheme for the UI, using VB[A} or XML? Can this even be done? Thanks -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Sorry for not qualifying the Excel version. It's v12 or higher. -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc ...

How to pass data from mainframe to modal dialog?
I have a public member variable (user-defined structure) declared in MainFrame.cpp and I would like a modal dialog box to have access to this variable. What is the proper way to pass data to a modal dialog box? Thanks in advance. Create a pointer to this variable in the dialog, and set it before calling the dialog. The example below presumes that the dialog is being called from the mainframe. Otherwise, you will have to get access to the mainframe to get the pointer. Generally, accessing variables in another class is suspect. in mainframe.h Whatever data; in CMyDialog.h: public: Whatev...

How to make the cursor stay in the cell when entering data.
I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I have entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools > Options > Edit > Uncheck Move selection after entry > OK HTH Regards, Howard "Comet" <Comet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF27C0-4F12-4E72-9FAE-93B79515AB1F@microsoft.com... >I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I >have > entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools - Options - Edit tab - uncheck the box "Move selecti...

XSD to XML transformer
Because XSD (XML Schema Document) is a definition of the XML document, there must be a parser that can read a XSD file and give the complete XML file as a result. Is there something like this, or do I have to create it by my own?? There is no official tool in the .NET Framework that does this. VS.NET generates datasets from XML Schema. There are third party efforts that generate XML files, eg Altova XMLSpy . The problem is not well constrained. For a given XSD, there are potentially zillions of valid XML documents. Given an XML document and an XSD, you can validate the XML doc, but gi...

How to Read out shapes an export data?
Hello everybody, for my student research project, my first step is to convert an UML structure diagram, painted in MS Visio into an XML File for further code generation. Because I have to use an own XML interchange format, and I'm a newbie in MS Visio, I'd like to know: Is there a way to read out date from a MS Visio Projekt (like UML-CLasses, Relations, etc.) and the properties of the elements (like name, attributes, operations etc.) to write them manually into an Text or XML File? And if this isn't possible, is there a way, to generate my own Visio Shapes, add attribute...

Copy data from one sheet to another 12-17-09
Here is my procedure. It quite doesn't work. Public Sub CopyRecordsfromDatatoDatabase() Dim myArray(7) Dim myColumn As Integer, myRow As Single Dim i As Integer myRow = 2 i = 1 Do For myColumn = 6 To 26 Worksheets("data").Activate With ActiveSheet .Cells(myRow, 5) = myArray(1) .Cells(myRow, 3) = myArray(2) .Cells(myRow, 2) = myArray(3) .Cells(1, myColumn) = myArray(4) .Cells(myRow, myColumn) = myArray(5) ...

Converting Microsoft Access data to Money
Hi, I have a small accounting database which was developed in microsoft access earlier version. I would like to convert the existing data to Microsoft money. Is there anyway I can achieve this. All I want is convert the income data from my access database to Microsoft money 2005. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks DIL In microsoft.public.money, DIL <rsdil@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >I have a small accounting database which was developed in microsoft access >earlier version. I would like to convert the existing data to Microsoft >money. Is ...

Import data script
Hi gang, Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I am looking to create a macro in which i can update certain cells. Can I get the macro to search for the latest version of the source data? Eg if file B60A is the latest file and I add a B60B the script will update all the necessary cells with the data from B60B. If the script is then run again an error message shows saying that the sheet is currently using the latest data. Many thanks in advance for your time. Chiccada ...

How to share data between multiple instances of CRM server?
I need to suggest CRM solution to one company having multiply geographically separated branch offices. Because of unstable internet connection and relative high traffic when using CRM web client it’s undesirable to use centralized CRM server. I’d like to install separate CRM server in each location but these servers should share all customer data. Moreover, managers from one office should have opportunity to assign task to managers from other offices. Is it possible to solve such problem with Microsoft CRM Server 3.0? I also have some questions about licensing such solution. Each offic...

Outlook is trying to retrive data from <Servername>
hi all from this morning after i switched my laptop on i constantly get the extremely annoying pop-up "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft exchange Server". I noticed that obviously my messages is taking long to come through if they do. Why is it doing this? i have xp pro and exch2003 SP2 On Fri, 6 Oct 2006 09:07:08 +0200, "Express" <expressremovethis@tourismcapetown.co.za> wrote: >hi all > >from this morning after i switched my laptop on i constantly get the >extremely annoying pop-up "Outlook is trying to retrieve data f...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

data validation #32
I have a cell whose value must be 7 numeric digits and the leading zero must be visible. When the cell is empty then I need it to be blank no 7 zeros. I tried using data validation where the text = 7 digits bu that allowed me to enter non numeric characters. I also tried usin data validation where the number must be between 0000001 and 999999 but that did not show the leading zeros. Any suggestions?? Thanks -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View thi...

My XP Installation died -- can I recover my Outlook data?
Hi, My Windows XP Home SP2 won't boot anymore. I've tried a few things but haven't been able to start Windows. My question is how can I salvage my Outlook 2003 data? I can use a boot-from-CD Knoppix Linux disk to copy my files from my laptop's hard drive to an external hard drive. I would like to know: where can I find my Outlook folders so I can copy them onto the hard drive? I would like to try to salvage my address book, mail, calendar, etc. Is there any hope for my situation? Thanks in advance for any advice! Josh Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipst...

Importing Data From Excel Spreadsheet
Hello Everyone, Im importing a table from Excel into Access (Access 97 - Excel 2000) The data in Excel is formatted as "Custom - "000#" so figures from 1 - 9999 are displayed as 0001 - 9999. Now once its imported into Access, the table reads as 1,2,3,4 etc and not 0001,0002,0003. The problem started occuring recently, up until then it was fine. Any ideas? Tom Tables store data, not formats Use Forms & Reports for Formatting Pieter "SirTom909" <SirTom909@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB18A191-1077-4C2E-98F7-6968C5DD1117@microsoft...

merge multilple data values
how would I merge multilple data values: in seperate columns as: js-1234 to .jpg Thanks Hi Jennifer, ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Jennifer, Try using =(A1&B1) where A1 and B1 are the cells where your data sits ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ X-No-Archive: yes "Jennifer Burnel" <jenny@...

how do i extra data from excel into Word Document template
Hi all I have two columns in my spreadsheet: *Name* and *amount due*: I have 100 records of a *name of a person* and a*mount due for each*. I wanna be able to Extract Each data from the spreadsheet and put it into a general Word Document Template for example - Dear [name goes here], Please advised that you have $[amount due] left and this should be paid by the end of the month. Sincerely, Your accountant. - How do i go about extracting this data and just basically automating the whole process? Thank you -Khaled -- Dev4me -------------------------------------------------------------...