Timeout when consuming java webservice

Hi,

I wrote a .NET application to consume a https webservice from the
Belgian government for sending excise info to the government. It is
a .NET 2.0 application which uses the web reference feature of visual
studio to generate proxy classes and a service class that inherits
from SoapHttpClientProtocol. Before making the actual webservice call,
I retrieve the correct client certificate from my personal certificate
store using X509Store and I add it to the ClientCertificates
collection of the service class that was generated. This ensurces
sending the public stuff of our client certificate with the request,
because they use that on the server side to see that we are who we say
we are.

When running the application on a Windows XP machine, everything works
fine. When I run the same app, sending the same request, on a Windows
7 machine, the request times out. I tried having a look in Fiddler to
see what happens, but with all the SSL encryption, I don't see that
much.

I tried a lot of things already: upgrade the app to .NET framework 4,
using a service reference instead of a web reference, building my app
in 64bit instead of 32bit, setting keepalive to false. Nothing
helped...

I tried installing SoapUI (java tool to send bare soap requests) and
send the same request from the Windows 7 machine with SoapUI and then
it works. So it has got something to do with the .NET framework that
treats SSL messages different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP and
appearently the server does not like this. Actually, I found a post
from someone with the same symptoms (http://stackoverflow.com/
questions/4511213/httpwebrequest-getrequeststream-breaks-by-timeout-on-
ssl-connection-under-wind) but they solved it by making server
changes. I cannot do that since the server side is not managed by us.
I contacted the government technical helpdesk, but I did't get any
helpful response so far.

The question I am having right now is: can I somehow change my code so
that the SSL request will be send the same way in Windows 7 as it is
in Windows XP? I read somewhere that SSL configuration has become a
lot more strict in Windows 7, so maybe the source of the problem lays
there. I'm wondering if I can change it to less strict (actually, just
the same as in XP) in code or by making adjustements to some Windows
or IE settings?

Any other ideas on stuff to try to get this fixed? Any help would be
much appriciated...

I solved the problem.
I found the solution in this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5653868/what-makes-this-https-webrequest-time-out-even-though-it-works-in-the-browser
Adding the line ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol =
SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3; to my code, solved it...

On 21 dec, 12:11, Veerle <veerleve...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a .NET application to consume a https webservice from the
> Belgian government for sending excise info to the government. It is
> a .NET 2.0 application which uses the web reference feature of visual
> studio to generate proxy classes and a service class that inherits
> from SoapHttpClientProtocol. Before making the actual webservice call,
> I retrieve the correct client certificate from my personal certificate
> store using X509Store and I add it to the ClientCertificates
> collection of the service class that was generated. This ensurces
> sending the public stuff of our client certificate with the request,
> because they use that on the server side to see that we are who we say
> we are.
>
> When running the application on a Windows XP machine, everything works
> fine. When I run the same app, sending the same request, on a Windows
> 7 machine, the request times out. I tried having a look in Fiddler to
> see what happens, but with all the SSL encryption, I don't see that
> much.
>
> I tried a lot of things already: upgrade the app to .NET framework 4,
> using a service reference instead of a web reference, building my app
> in 64bit instead of 32bit, setting keepalive to false. Nothing
> helped...
>
> I tried installing SoapUI (java tool to send bare soap requests) and
> send the same request from the Windows 7 machine with SoapUI and then
> it works. So it has got something to do with the .NET framework that
> treats SSL messages different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP and
> appearently the server does not like this. Actually, I found a post
> from someone with the same symptoms (http://stackoverflow.com/
> questions/4511213/httpwebrequest-getrequeststream-breaks-by-timeout-on-
> ssl-connection-under-wind) but they solved it by making server
> changes. I cannot do that since the server side is not managed by us.
> I contacted the government technical helpdesk, but I did't get any
> helpful response so far.
>
> The question I am having right now is: can I somehow change my code so
> that the SSL request will be send the same way in Windows 7 as it is
> in Windows XP? I read somewhere that SSL configuration has become a
> lot more strict in Windows 7, so maybe the source of the problem lays
> there. I'm wondering if I can change it to less strict (actually, just
> the same as in XP) in code or by making adjustements to some Windows
> or IE settings?
>
> Any other ideas on stuff to try to get this fixed? Any help would be
> much appriciated...

Expiration Timeout
I'm looking at the default settings for the smtp delivery timeouts and I can't figure out why the defaults are good at all. Perhaps they aren't, but I wondered other's opinions? Who wants to find out 12 hours after they send a message that it's not quite made it yet, and then that the server will keep trying for 2 days? After about an hour, the message has probably become obsolete. I was thinking settings like try 5 minutes later, then 10, then 15, and then two more times and expire it (totally an hour after you send it, you'll find out it failed). Who wants to ...

runtime error 91 timeout
When processing transactions in Store Operations POS, we are getting a runtime error 91 - timeout message - happens sporadically. It shuts down Store Ops POS and loses the transaction. Has anyone seen this before? Sounds kind of like the connection to the database is timing out...maybe?? Is your database on the same machine, or is it on another machine? Anything common about the times when it has occurred? eg the computer been on standby then woken up, or it had been sitting idle for a long time...anything you can think of... "Greg Williams" wrote: > When processing...

Jagged Arrays and Webservices
Hello, i have a problem with jagged arrays and a webservice. I try to call a webservice with an array of a class that contains jagged arrays. Here is an example: class MyClass{ string[][] myJaggedArray; string anotherString; } The webservice expects and returns an array of MyClass, the proxy function looks like this: MyClass[] setMyClass(string sessionId, MyClass[] MyClassArray) When i call the webservice with the proper parameters i get the following exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Beim Generieren des XML-Dokuments ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. ---> System.InvalidOpera...

Outlook 2003 POP3 timeout
Outlook 2003 will timeout when connecting to some of my POP3 accounts. It's not a connection issue as other mail clients don't seem to exhibit this behavior. Often times the first one or two POP3 accounts will send/receive fine, then the remaining get hung up and eventually time out. Hitting send/receive again typically works. This is really frustrating. It's not always with the same POP3 account. Is there any solution to this? Also, is there a way to change the timeout to something shorter (like 5 seconds), so I don't have to manually cancel the action? Brian ...

Crystal Reports 9 Timeout 04-28-06
I have read all of the posts related to Crystal timing out or hanging when reports are run against large datasets, but there doesn't seem to be any real solutions out there for CRM 1.2. I have a client that adds about 100,000 new opportunities a quarter and upper management needs to be able to run some reports that show all of the opportunities in nice little bar charts. Aside from the max db results trick, is there anything that can be done for a 1.2 installation? As an aside....it seems there a huge number of posts dealing with problems for Reporting Services. Is reporting really better...

gradually consuming memory
I use VS 6.0 to compile my excutable and my dll's. The application creates and kill threads one by one and works fine, but it gradually consumes memory along the way. When I close it I can't debug it since there is no dumped memory leak caused by that. Is there some way to debug it? Regards Mand How do you create threads? Show the parameters! How much memory is consumed? Large chunks or small amounts? Is it really on a per-thread basis, or something else? joe On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:02:08 +0200, "Mandi" <mandi@goren.org.ir> wrote: >I use VS 6.0 to co...

java program cannot detect printer fonts
Hi I have a Epson TM-T88Ill receipt printer. The manual suggests that using printer fonts rather that true type fonts for better printing speed. >From with Microsoft Word I can see the printer fonts are available. But from the java application I need to use, only list the true type fonts are listed. Is there a way to make the printer fonts available to a java application? cheers David ...

SDK
I created a sample application which creates a new account in ms crm through SDK. The asp.net application runs fine and inserts new account on the machine in which ms crm 3.0 is installed. Now if I run that application from my machine which is in same domain then it gives me following error :- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. For update function it gives following error :- Server was unable to process request. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Source Error: Line 351: [System.Web.Se...

Java Errors
Is anyone else having lots of java errors on this crappy webpage? Try this: news:msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACCBFF3-3AB0-438F-AA12-F93C02E1862D@microsoft.com... > Is anyone else having lots of java errors on this crappy webpage? ...

Outlook Web Access Timeout Problem
Is anyone aware of the OWA timeout not working as documented? As I understand, if you select 'Private Computer' the timeout is 24 hours and this seems to be the case when I personally test it. I have an irate user who states that he has lost important info twice because even though he picked 'Private' -- it times him out. Is there a product on his home computer that could be interferring? I have had other users tell me they have had this problem as well. Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated. We have Exchange 2003 - SP1. I know I can alter the behaviour, but I...

Call Workflow from Java / ASP.Net
Is there any way to call / start the workflow from either Java or an ASP.Net app? If so, does anyone have any basic examples? Take a look at the ExecuteWFProcess message in the SDK. From the SDK: // Create the request. ExecuteWFProcessRequest request = new ExecuteWFProcessRequest(); request.ProcessId = new Guid("{8DC95CE2-1A27-4CEA-9E6A-8F6BCC4B658D}"); request.EntityMoniker = new Moniker(); request.EntityMoniker.Id = createdId; request.EntityMoniker.Name = EntityName.account.ToString(); // Execute the request. ExecuteWFProcessResponse response = (ExecuteWFProcessResponse) servi...

communicator mobile for java
I'm trying to use Office Communicator Mobile for Java on my N95-1. I've downloaded version 1.0.6875.0 from www.getcomo.com. As the only carrier option shown is ATT, I had to select it but it's not my carrier. When I try to log in, I promptly get the error: "Cannot sign in Cannot connect to the server because it may be busy or temporarily unavailable. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator". I fill out ad domain/userid, password and the server address correctly but I'm not able to set it to use TLS connection. I th...

OWA timeout #4
Hello, Is there a way to increase the time that OWA 5.5 waits for an answer from Exchange 5.5? Thanks On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:49:09 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >Is there a way to increase the time that OWA 5.5 waits for an answer from >Exchange 5.5? > >Thanks Is there a specific issue you are trying to solve? yes, multiple exchange 5.5 sites, some of them over slow vpn. "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:49:09 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote: > > >Hello, > >Is ther...

SQL Server Drops connection after long timeout with replication partner
Hello, I have both SQL server 2005 that have replication set-up between eachother. It seems that when my site-to-site VPN drops for a medium period (such as 1hr, 2hr) bothe servers no longer respond to client connections. Restarting the "SQL server Browser" service on both machines instantly resolves the problem. Extra info: Both servers reside in their own site with in each site 2DC (1 GC per site + 1 DC) Is there a way of solving this issue ? -- Guillaume Coign� MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA Messaging Cafe.be Marksesteenweg 35 8500 Kortrijk Mob: +32 (0) 496162...

OWA Timeout Feature
I was wondering if it would be possible to change the exchange email system so that the email you are in the process of writing does not get completely erased when the system time out for safety reasons. There have been a number of times where I have finished a pretty long email, tried to send it, been told to log on again because the email system timed out and then that email that I had just finished is completley erased. this is extremely frustrating for me. Would it be possible for composed emails to be put into the drafts folder, or saved somehow when the system times out, or for th...

Business Portal 2.5, Project Time, Timeout
My users are entering time in their timesheets and the form times out after about 20 minutes. Where is a setting to extend this value? Error messages... ************************************************************ Your session has expired. ************************************************************ Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page,...

accessing excel from java
where can I obtain the type library for Excel 10 and the javatlb.exe ? ...

Calling webservice from unmanaged C++ app
I have an unmanaged app written using VS2003 VC++. I was able to connect to a webservice by selecting "Add Web Reference" and selecting a WSDL file in the project menu. This created a header file that had functions exposed by the webserver that I was able to call. In that file, there was an explicit reference to the URL where the webservice lives. This is fine if i always want to use that particular webserver. However, I need to dynamically specify the URL because we have people at corporate that need to connect to different databases at different locations that all use t...

SMTP Server
Dumb question, but how does one increase the timeout for the Outlook SMTP server? It's easy in Pegasus, for instance, because one can actually set the timeout for each identity within the program. Appreciate any help. TIA russel-rstevenageatyahoodotcom Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) Thanks russel neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > What version of Outlook are you using? (See help | about ms outlook) > > "NoSpam" <noSpam@all.pl> wrote in message > news:OOUxgYhYDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > >>Dumb question, but how does one increa...

Procedure timeout when executing from the ASP.NET application
Hello, I'm working with ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL Server 2008. I have a very weird problem. When I execute the procedure from my ASP.NET application (either from my PC or the Web server), it's timing out. At the same time when I execute the same procedure with the same parameters from the SQL Server Management Studio - it executes instantly, so aparently there is nothing wrong with it. This applies only to the few procedures, with most of them I don't have any issues. To add to this mistery, this problem is intermittent, i.e. occasionally everything works OK. It seem...

OWA Private Computer session timeout after 15 minutes
I'm having problems with our Exchange server in that it times out after 15 minutes when selecting Private Computer (this is using forms based authentication). I have hard coded the timeouts in the registry to what is supposed to be the defaults, but after a reboot of the server the problem persists. Does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? Registry setting= HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchange\OWA DWord = TrustedClientTimeout Value = 1440 Thanks, -- -Will73 On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 11:31:43 -0700, Will73 <Will73@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Porting ASP.NET/SQL Server to JAVA/Oracle
Our clients are happy with our ASP.NET/SQL Server app, but one of their divisions has a preferred technology of JAVA/Oracle and has asked us to do a port. Anyone got any pointers about hints, tips, tricks and gotchas? It's a Customer Query system, if that helps. Thanks Edward On 20-05-2010 05:44, Edward wrote: > Our clients are happy with our ASP.NET/SQL Server app, but one of > their divisions has a preferred technology of JAVA/Oracle and has > asked us to do a port. Anyone got any pointers about hints, tips, > tricks and gotchas? It's a Customer Query s...

Web Service GP 9 GetCustomerByKey Timeout
I am running the Web Services for Great Plains 9 on a Windows 2003 Server running IIS6, .Net 2.0, MS SQL 2000. When I make a call to GetCustomerByKey Visual Studio eventually times out on the request after about 30 seconds The customer ID does exist. Does anyone else experience this issue? The server isn't underload. When I have written code for Great Plains version 10 in the past it never took long to return the look up let alone time out. Thanks, Jason ------=_NextPart_0001_039FF744 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Jason, Does this work correctly in the Fa...

Frequent RWW connection timeout issue.
Afternoon, I have deployed a brand new server running the SBS2008 and everything for the most part has been going really well until users have issues using the RWW to connect to their machines. I have been able to restore service by rebooting the server however this solution isn�t a logical option as it brings everything down. REMOTE.COMPANYDOMAIN.COM LOGIN PAGE IS SUCCESSFUL! NEVER FAILS! EMAIL LINK- IN RWW SUCCESSFUL! NEVER FAILS! *_Connect_to_Computer-_Works_selectively-_* ActiveX login prompts, user enters ID and Password. Within a few seconds it errors saying that the...

any code to allow an export to money from a java web app
Looking for code to allow an export to Money from a java web app. Go look for code to export QIF or OFX from the Java app. Money can import QIF or OFX. "GPD @ COR-FS" <jnk@thedawes.gotadsl.co.uk.nospam> wrote in message news:d5v94t$btc$1@pop-news.nl.colt.net... > Looking for code to allow an export to Money from a java web app. > > ...