Timeout when consuming java webservice

Hi,

I wrote a .NET application to consume a https webservice from the
Belgian government for sending excise info to the government. It is
a .NET 2.0 application which uses the web reference feature of visual
studio to generate proxy classes and a service class that inherits
from SoapHttpClientProtocol. Before making the actual webservice call,
I retrieve the correct client certificate from my personal certificate
store using X509Store and I add it to the ClientCertificates
collection of the service class that was generated. This ensurces
sending the public stuff of our client certificate with the request,
because they use that on the server side to see that we are who we say
we are.

When running the application on a Windows XP machine, everything works
fine. When I run the same app, sending the same request, on a Windows
7 machine, the request times out. I tried having a look in Fiddler to
see what happens, but with all the SSL encryption, I don't see that
much.

I tried a lot of things already: upgrade the app to .NET framework 4,
using a service reference instead of a web reference, building my app
in 64bit instead of 32bit, setting keepalive to false. Nothing
helped...

I tried installing SoapUI (java tool to send bare soap requests) and
send the same request from the Windows 7 machine with SoapUI and then
it works. So it has got something to do with the .NET framework that
treats SSL messages different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP and
appearently the server does not like this. Actually, I found a post
from someone with the same symptoms (http://stackoverflow.com/
questions/4511213/httpwebrequest-getrequeststream-breaks-by-timeout-on-
ssl-connection-under-wind) but they solved it by making server
changes. I cannot do that since the server side is not managed by us.
I contacted the government technical helpdesk, but I did't get any
helpful response so far.

The question I am having right now is: can I somehow change my code so
that the SSL request will be send the same way in Windows 7 as it is
in Windows XP? I read somewhere that SSL configuration has become a
lot more strict in Windows 7, so maybe the source of the problem lays
there. I'm wondering if I can change it to less strict (actually, just
the same as in XP) in code or by making adjustements to some Windows
or IE settings?

Any other ideas on stuff to try to get this fixed? Any help would be
much appriciated...

I solved the problem.
I found the solution in this post:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5653868/what-makes-this-https-webrequest-time-out-even-though-it-works-in-the-browser
Adding the line ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol =
SecurityProtocolType.Ssl3; to my code, solved it...

On 21 dec, 12:11, Veerle <veerleve...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a .NET application to consume a https webservice from the
> Belgian government for sending excise info to the government. It is
> a .NET 2.0 application which uses the web reference feature of visual
> studio to generate proxy classes and a service class that inherits
> from SoapHttpClientProtocol. Before making the actual webservice call,
> I retrieve the correct client certificate from my personal certificate
> store using X509Store and I add it to the ClientCertificates
> collection of the service class that was generated. This ensurces
> sending the public stuff of our client certificate with the request,
> because they use that on the server side to see that we are who we say
> we are.
>
> When running the application on a Windows XP machine, everything works
> fine. When I run the same app, sending the same request, on a Windows
> 7 machine, the request times out. I tried having a look in Fiddler to
> see what happens, but with all the SSL encryption, I don't see that
> much.
>
> I tried a lot of things already: upgrade the app to .NET framework 4,
> using a service reference instead of a web reference, building my app
> in 64bit instead of 32bit, setting keepalive to false. Nothing
> helped...
>
> I tried installing SoapUI (java tool to send bare soap requests) and
> send the same request from the Windows 7 machine with SoapUI and then
> it works. So it has got something to do with the .NET framework that
> treats SSL messages different in Windows 7 than in Windows XP and
> appearently the server does not like this. Actually, I found a post
> from someone with the same symptoms (http://stackoverflow.com/
> questions/4511213/httpwebrequest-getrequeststream-breaks-by-timeout-on-
> ssl-connection-under-wind) but they solved it by making server
> changes. I cannot do that since the server side is not managed by us.
> I contacted the government technical helpdesk, but I did't get any
> helpful response so far.
>
> The question I am having right now is: can I somehow change my code so
> that the SSL request will be send the same way in Windows 7 as it is
> in Windows XP? I read somewhere that SSL configuration has become a
> lot more strict in Windows 7, so maybe the source of the problem lays
> there. I'm wondering if I can change it to less strict (actually, just
> the same as in XP) in code or by making adjustements to some Windows
> or IE settings?
>
> Any other ideas on stuff to try to get this fixed? Any help would be
> much appriciated...

Java on computer?
Running WinXP, fully updated except using IE7. Lately I've been unable to open a friend's emailed postcards from the San Diego Zoo. The error message is: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed..." I've had the same issue at several web pages. Recently I asked this newsgroup about something else, and it was suggested that I download Java. I thought I had Java on my computer, but now I don't see it. My questions: 1. Is it possible that I inadvertently have some security setting set wrong? 2. Where would Java be if it IS on my computer? I ch...

More client side webservice call information, please!
There's a poster in this group named Jeffry van de Vuurst who has posted examples on using client side webservice calls. This has helped out our team immeasurably and we're using these calls more in different forms. We are also looking to use them in some ways that we can't figure out syntactically. Which leads to two questions: 1) Can anyone point me to more related (*client side* webservice calls) documentation? I can't find much (anything) in the SDK, which isn't that surprising. I would especially appreciate more example code, especially if it's shared here in...

Stored procedure timeout
Hello,i have a stored procedure that is called from an ASP.net page and it takes about 2 minutes to execute. When I run it from QA it takes about 10 seconds. the procedure which is not recompiled and it is in procedure cache. Thanks for your help. Jose Nadim Hi Jose, It will probably be a bad plan in procedure cache. add "WITH RECOMPILE" to the stored procedure definition... create proc blah with recompile as Does that fix the problem? If that fixes the problem then the original problem was caused by "parameter sniffing" and an original call t...

OWA, timeouts, and autosave
the majority of our user community (1500) use OWA as their primary e-mail client. We ran into the following issue. 1. if a user logins into the OWA using the 'public' feature the timeout is set to 15 minutes. 2.) if a user is typing a very long e-mail and exceeds he 15 minutes, then they are logged off. problem is the e-mail they are working on is lost. is there a way in Exchange 2000 to automatically save an e-mail as a draft if you are disconnected or automatically logged off? Thanks! On 25 Oct 2005 06:43:56 -0700, "Russ Leathe" <russ@gordon.edu> wrote: >t...

Bank Deposit Entry Timeout
I have greater than 1 million bank deposit entry transactions that need to be posted in the Bank Deposit Entry window. This is due to the way that the GP-RMS integration imports individual receipts from RMS into GP. The system locks up or times out everytime I attempt to process anything in the Bank Deposit Entry window. I have tried 1) Marking All and letting it run, but it locks up 2) Filtering the deposits by date for only 1 day, and it appears to work, then I select "Mark All" and it locks up I dont know any other solution to getting these deposits posted. Ha...

Outlook consumes Page File...
Hi there, When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. The computer otherwise is fine, it's just when I use Outlook from Office XP that it does this. I tried starting Outlook Safe Mode and still does the same thing. How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon Gordon J. Rattray <gords@shaw.ca> wrote: > When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of > the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. > > The computer otherwise is fine, it...

Owa Timeout #2
When I try to log on to OWA i get this message: 440 Login Timeout. Have search for a way to solve the problem in kb technet. WE have a sbs 2003 server. Ensure that the authentication methods for each subdirectory in IIS match those of KB327843 Without the previous thread (original post and advise) it's impossible to say what your issue is or what steps you have taken to try to resolve it.Please include past posts in responses in order that we may be of better assistance. -- hth, SusanV "Kimfs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A718DC-5B78-436...

http Timeout
I have enable 900 secs on my firewall timeout, how come the error still appear, how to confirm that my firewall settings is working? The average of the most recent [200] heartbeat intervals used by clients is less than or equal to [540]. Make sure that your firewall configuration is set to work correctly with Exchange ActiveSync and direct push technology. Specifically, make sure that your firewall is configured so that requests to Exchange ActiveSync do not expire before they have the opportunity to be processed. For more information about how to configure firewall settings when us...

Outbound retry timeout
Hi, Is it possible to define the outbound retry timeout before an NDR is sent to user at the user level instead of specifying it at Exchange Org level? Is possible, how can I enable this option? Thanks. On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 21:59:01 -0800, Alice <Alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Is it possible to define the outbound retry timeout before an NDR is sent to >user at the user level instead of specifying it at Exchange Org level? Is >possible, how can I enable this option? Thanks. At the user level? Sorry, the previous post was unclear. There is an 'out...

Sample Java Sales process needed
Hello, We are looking to implement a sales process without any activities. Mainly because we want to know what stage an opportunity is in, but we do not need the activities automatically created. Therefore, I think we should be able to get there by using the salesstagecode drop-down field. Although I read in this forum that sample Java sales processes are available, I can never find them. Does anyone have any suggestions/sample Java sales processes? That would be really helpful. Thanks Michiel here is an example for a 3 stage process that updates the close probability var i = 0; switch (...

Form/window Close
I have a main page 'MyMainForm' containing a button. When this button is clicked; another form 'MySubForm' opens up which contains two buttons (OK & Exit). When OK button is clicked; the code behind this button processes some data and displays an alert and then goes back to 'MySubForm'. What do I need to do so 'MySubForm' is closed automatically when processing is done and OK is clicked on alert box? Ryan wrote: > I have a main page 'MyMainForm' containing a button. When this button is > clicked; another form 'MySubForm'...

Webservices [WSE2.0] and security
I am trying to select the best approach for security (authentication, role-based) for my web services app. It seems there are many options, so I wanted to ask what would be recommneded according to this criteria: 1. secure authentication (no plain text) 2. role-based functionality 3. easy deployment (i'm guessing certificates have some setup overhead) Thanks. Hi RBisch, In spite of the OS or protocal related security means, such as integrated windows or using SSL, the WSE make use of the WS-SECURITY which is a standared soap message based security framework. In fact , it is a ...

Consuming click messages in CListControl
Hey All, I have a CListCtrl member (I didn't create a class) in a CDialog--This CListCtrl is in report view, and it is information only. I would like the user to be able to use the scroll bars but not select anything in CListCtrl. I've tried handling various messages (LVN_ITEMCHANGED, LVN_ITEMCLICK, NM_CLICK, NM_SETFOCUS)...in each of these handlers, I called MessageBeep and set the pResult parameter to TRUE. In each case, the item was still selected. Is there something else I have to do to consume this message the item the user clicked isn't actually selected. It sa...

Outlook 2003 send receive timeout
Outlook 2003 send-receive times out (used to work ok) Tried: - updating Office but didn't help. Disabled McAfee, same. Ran Detect Repair - helped briefly, then problem started again. Microsoft kb article said to recreate mail account in Control Panel - Mail and lo, TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS is OK there, but when I try TEST ACCOUNT in Outlook 2003 it timesout - how can this be? Also, tried creating a new outlook profile. Please help. -Curtis Works now - I totally removed all McAfee listings in Add/Remove programs list (before only disabled it). ...

Run 100 java threads at a time.
Hello All, I have a question. I'm writing a program that uses thread to analyze files. Each thread will have its own file to analyze so no synchronization is required. What I want is to only have 100 threads created and run at a time. Is there a way to do that? I just don't want a very large number of threads to run at the same time because that could take up alot of resources. Thanks in advance, > I just don't want a very large number of threads to run at the same time because that could take up alot of resources. It all depends upon what threads are doing. Each thread...

Outlook 2003 - HTML Message
I have sent an automated HTML Format eMail to our users. They have to submit few details from that mail to our application. I have done some client side validations using Javascript, in that HTML Page. This script is working fine in Outlook 2000. When the user submit the details from Outlook 2003, the client side script is not working. Is there any special work-arounds need to be done to make this work? Thanks in Advance For your assistance. Kannan. ...

WebServices
Hello I have a problem with my web services (in C #), it happened that in some cases the client invoking methods with parameters, not with example the data type and the WS generates an exception that I would catch. In debugging I realized that these exceptions are handled probably by IIS (version 6). Is there a way to intercept them? Thanks in advance "Sergio M" wrote: > Hello > > I have a problem with my web services (in C #), it happened that in > some cases the client invoking methods with parameters, not with > example the data type...

urgent java architect required
hi partners, we are having a urgent requirement for java architect with our clients located at chennai,hyderabad and bangalore if u r intrested send u r updated resume mail to: gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Job Profile The company is looking for outstanding java, j2ee professionals with atleast 4 years experience in java,j2ee,xml,jsp,coding and development, Working on large international software projects . Education: BE/B.Tech/MCA/M.Tech/M.S Experience: 4-10Yrs Candidate with experince in coding and development preferred) - Current Role and Responsibilities - Reporting Structure...

HELP: OWA 440 Login Timeout
Running Exchange 2003 (SP1) on Server 2003 with front end back end configuration. Suddenly started getting "440 Login Timeout" errors when trying to login to OWA. IMAP4 thru same server works fine. Nothing in logs. Searched Google and found many people with same problem but no answers I can find. Only KB article I can find relates to OMA and not OWA. Can anyone help? ...

Email timeouts
I have 1 PC that is getting a timeout error when sending emails; error 0x800ccc19. If I am not sending emails out, then everything works fine, i can receive email no problem. It is an IBM Netvista running windows 2000 Pro SP4, and is the main machine (the 'server'). It is also running Norton Antivirus corporate edition Server. I had stopped all the Antivirus services from starting and rebooted, yet the problem still exists. I uninstalled office 2000, and after i reinstalled it, i noticed the account still exists and so does the profile. After i uninstalled office, i delete...

web.config location httpruntime timeout value does not work
Trying to get a page level timeout value working in asp.net 2.0 using the web.config location element. The configuration node is formatted as follows (under <configuration> element in web.config): <location path="~/IISResetAppPool.aspx" > <system.web> <httpRuntime executionTimeout="420"/> <!-- 7 Mins --> </system.web> </location> As per the documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b6x6shw7.aspx this should work. Any ideas as to why this configuration is ignored...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

Java Integration + Hooks
Hi i'm new to developing for rms and would like to know is it possible to integrate Java into RMS and if so what are the necessary procedures for doing so! Thanks If you want to interact directly with RMS, you have to work with COM or in the case of an HTML add-in ActiveX. I think there are ways to wrap a COM interface around Java, but I'm really not sure. I suspect it would be pretty hairy. You might want to consider c# for an RMS integration - the language is very similar to Java, so your learning curve should be fairly short. RMS is built on SQL Server, so you could use ...

sign code Java Applet Security Internet Explorer Article ID 193877
We are trying to sign the java class for an applet so it will be able to write to a file on the hard drive from Internet Explorer. We are following the instructions in "How to make your Java code trusted in Internet Explorer" Article ID 193877 on msdn.microsoft.com. Specifically, we prepared the following batch file: javac S5.java cabarc -s 6144 N mycab1.cab S5.class setreg 1 true makecert -sk MyKeyName -n "CN=My Publisher Name" MyTestCert.cer cert2spc MyTestCert.cer MyTestCert.spc signcode -j javasign.dll -jp LOW -spc MyTestCert.spc -k MyKeyName mycab1.cab start S5.htm...

Integration with Java
I have an Access application that I have written that I want to integrate with Primavera 6. Primavera 6 is a powerful program with it's own exposed API, which is written in Java. I would like to use this API, but I realize that this is going to require that I pass data from Microsoft Access (which uses VBA) through Java. I realize this may be the wrong place to ask this...but what technologies are available to provide this kind of integration? Thank you for your time and consideration. Dustin Ventin ...