The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 2. -- using LoadXML - Help?

I've discovered I need to use LoadXML instead of Load for an xml
string versus an xml file.

HOWEVER, I get the above message when .net goes to load the string.
The string comes from an xmlDoc.OuterXML save resulting in:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<WorkFlow> etc., etc.

So, when I save this xmlDoc.outerxml to a database field, do I need to
remove that first? If so, wouldn't it not work when I then load the
string as xml again?

Also, I can't figure out how to delete that particular node...

Any clues appreciated...as always.

Thanks,

Kathy

It works for me:
    string xmlString = "<?xml version='1.0'?><WorkFlow><Test
test='test'/></WorkFlow>";

    XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();

    xmlDoc.LoadXml(xmlString);

    Console.WriteLine(xmlDoc.DocumentElement.OuterXml);

Can you be more precise what doesn't work in your case?
(Simple repro will be appreciated :-)
Thanks.
Sergey

"KathyB" <KathyBurke40@attbi.com> wrote in message
> I've discovered I need to use LoadXML instead of Load for an xml
> string versus an xml file.
>
> HOWEVER, I get the above message when .net goes to load the string.
> The string comes from an xmlDoc.OuterXML save resulting in:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <WorkFlow> etc., etc.
>
> So, when I save this xmlDoc.outerxml to a database field, do I need to
> remove that first? If so, wouldn't it not work when I then load the
> string as xml again?
>
> Also, I can't figure out how to delete that particular node...
>
> Any clues appreciated...as always.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathy

0
sdub (22)

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

More Columns #2

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

invalid email address

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Please help #8

Contacts in Exchange #2