storing xml in cache asp.net

Hi,

Im building an asp.net website that uses xml documents for retrieval
of data from a database. Can anyone give me examples on how to store
xml documents in a cache and retrieve them again from a different
webpage.

Thanks

CG

Public Folder Stores #2
I had deleted a server from my Exchange organization and mistakenly lost some public folder data that was not replicated. Luckily I still had the EDB and STM files. So I copied them to another server and mounted them as an additional public folder store and hierarchy. The problem is that now I want to copy the folder data that I lost from one Store/Hierarchy to another. The only way that I can find to access the new store is through OWA which won't let me copy the data to the main Public Folder store. I am stuck. Anyone got any ideas on how to copy the data back into the main ...

Serializing Array with array "name" in the XML

Best way to store image, voice, text file?
Hello there, Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or text file? If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064 bytes limit, is it better to store it in a directory, and just save the location of the file in the field? Thanks, Ben On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:19:54 -0700, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello there, > >Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or >text file? > >If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064...

Blank Quantities in Store Quantity Tab
I added items via Headquarters and left store quantity blank. Through store ops I did a purchase order to accept items to the store. Then I ran a 501 - request full item count. Now, in the HQ on the store quantity table, no stores are listed. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, what am I doing wrong!? Thanks for the help in advance. diana This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0070_01CAD7D2.5CD027D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Diana, I don't see where you did a 250 wor...

xml config file...
hello, I ve a Windowsapplication with a configuration file app.config... (it's in xml) code app.config: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name = "MyNameValueSection" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler" /> </configSections> <MyNameValueSection> <add key="MyKey" value="MyValue" /> </MyNameValueSection> <appSettings> <add key="test" value="MeinInhalt" /> </appSettings> </configurati...

Render XML data island to HTML?
I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, as the contents of, say, a div? I know I can do it if I display only the XML in IE, but I don't know if I can do it as a fragment of an existing HTML page. TIA > I have an XML data island in my aspx web page. The XML includes a link > (processing instruction) to an XSL stylesheet. Is there any way on this page > to view the HTML, that results from the xsl transformation, a...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

Writing XML from Dataset to Response Object as Binary File
I have looked fot his solution, but Im not sure what to search for. I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download an XML file of the results so they can use the data in Excel, etc. I do NOT want to write the file to the server first. I just want to be able to write the contents of the Dataset into a binary file and send it back out to the user as a download, but all in memory. Can you give me a boost in the right direction or an article that demonstrates this? Dan Hanover wrote: > I have an asp.net based report. I need the user to be able to download &g...

Use Stored Procedure developed in C# in a SQL Query
I created a Stored Procedure by selecting a SQL Server Project in Visual Studio 2008 using C#. It receives a SqlString as a parameter and return how many times a specific character was found. I deployed the procedure to a SQL Server database and can see it listed under the database. One caveat is that it has a small lock icon on it. I have a select query where I want to use the stored procedure. I am thinking this is doable in a select query but can't seem to get it to work. What I want to do is to have a select statement listing some fields and one of the fields being th...

XML #4
How does one generate a XML code? If you have data in a dataset, you can have the dataset do it automatically: Dim x as string = DataSet.GetXML "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC61AFF2-84EE-425E-8F05-1B02D2A9F317@microsoft.com... > How does one generate a XML code? ...

DataSet from XML
There are several options on my WinForms app where the user can change/add or delete options - these settings are saved in an XML file. When the main form opens, the XML file (and schema) is read into a dataset and the options are displayed in the various controls. Pretty basic... but I am still rather green... My questions is this - when the user makes a change to one of the settings, how to I modify the dataset and display the new data in the controls? Do I create a new dataset in each method? That would seem inefficient as the user could makes dozens of changes - each time creating a n...

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

XML deserialization from string
Hi, I have an XSD and created a VB.NET class file from it. When I have an XML file (conforming to the schema), it is straight forward to deserialize using the class file. I am looking for ways to deserialize when I have the XML as a string and not in a file. Writing the string to a file and deserializing from the file might have an adverse effect on the performance. Anyone know of a good method to do this? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Sampath. Use a StringReader to read the file and wrap that in an XmlTextReader. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

Import/Export XML in protected worksheet
I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody help? ...

XML with no schemaLocation
I have some XML instance documents that specify schemas via the xmlns attribute. I need to load these documents (with XmlDocument) and have them verified against the XSD's that are mentioned. However, the documents are intended to be shared between machines but the location of where the XSD's are stored can vary from machine to machine so I don't think it is possible for me to specify the xsi:schemaLocation in the instance documents. To load these documents and have them verified I can only think that I should: 1. Load them once without validation 2. Parse the document and buil...

ASP.NET vs SharePoint
Hi all in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint, allowing you to create even complex sites with just a few clicks and with the minimum code development. You what do you think about? Luigi On Feb 2, 9:47=A0am, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > in my work environment talking about the fact that ASP.NET pages are > destined to die in the near future since superseded by SharePoint, allowi= ng > you to create even complex sites with just a few...

Trouble deserializing XML data from UPS.com
I am trying to use the UPS.com online tools to develop a class libary that uses serialization to communicate with their XML APIs. When I use the class libary to generate a TimeInTransitRequest object, the XML looks like this (I substituted the user credentials): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <AccessRequest xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xml:lang="en-US"> <AccessLicenseNumber>LIC_NUM</AccessLicenseNumber> <UserId>UserName</User...

Access & XML
Anyone know of a decent Training Site for using XML w/ Access? A Client is willing (pay the cost) to send me to XML Training. I would be using SQL Server & Cognos (perhaps Oracle) XML Tables into Access. Then automating Reports to Excel. TIA - Bob ...

many duplicate emails
I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent last week. Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I first mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat those 1500 messages again. Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue) it seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the server has the same effect and sends them out again. I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1. Most users (~60) are on the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either OL 2003 or...

POS 2.0
I am opening another store and want to copy the products etc. to the new store's POS system. What is the best way of doing it? 1. Backup the existing DB and then restore it on the new store, then clear the transactions 2. Export the inventory in the existing system and import it into the new one 3. ... Please advice, Thank you, -D hi Dursun, Yes you describe the correct way like backup the existing db of the store and restore it to new store and then on the new store delete all the transaction there is button in Store Administrator program. Now there is matter of quantity which ...

Qustion about perfomance using Exchange cache modus
To all Experts (and thanks for your reply), I have spend many Google searches on the advantages of the "Exchange cache modus" (Outlook 2003). On the Internet there is particularly spoken about the advantages on the client side (faster e-mail, always access to your e-mail, etc.) However, I could not find anything about the advantages or disadvantages on (performance of) the Exchange server when using cache modus My question with regard to the "Exchange cache mode" is simple: What strategy uses less recourses on the (Exchange) server, clients with or without cache mode...

Moving objects in VB.NET
I am using this code to move a button at run time. [code] If e.Button = Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Left Then Button1.Capture = False Dim msg As Message = _ Message.Create(Button1.Handle, WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, _ New IntPtr(HTCAPTION), IntPtr.Zero) Me.DefWndProc(msg) End If [/code] Everything works as planned, however, I can not click on the button. It basically freezes the click event and is only movable. I was told to confirm the location on the mouse up event, but do not exactly know what that means. Can anyone help me on this subject? Thanks in advance What do you ...

Re: How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net)
Here is an updated link: Prevent Namespace Prefixes from Being Copied to the Output http://www.braintrove.com/Xslt/Articles/8/Prevent-Namespace-Prefixes-from= -Being-Copied-to-the-Output --=20 Greg Collins [Microsoft MVP] Visit Brain Trove ( http://www.BrainTrove.com ) ...

Use Rule to Fire Off Net Send Type Messages
Outlook 2003 I would like to know if there is a way to use an Outlook rule to send something like a Net Send message to another computer. One possible stumbling block is that we have the Messenger service disabled on our machines, so Net Send itself will not work unless we enable that service. For the few machines that the message would need to go to, we may be able to turn on the Messenger service. Nonetheless, I would like to know if there are any ways to accomplish this without needing to enable the Messenger service. You may be wondering why we want to do this. We have a mailbo...

Bug in Xml.XmlElement?
Hi gents, can you please confirm this behavior? [xml]$X = "<sms_package><tag/></sms_package>" $X.sms_package.name Having a look at Get-Member, XmlElement DOESN'T contain property called name. However '.name' returns 'sms_package' string. Having a look at XmlElement.psbase, it contains property Name, I am however curious why it returns it even when psbase is not used :( This just broke my code suddenly, any help is highly appreciated. Martin Did this not behave the same way in v1? You've done your homework Wha...