sql server data to ms word using xml

hi

i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im
currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to
create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then
add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can anyone
point me to the right direction?

Thanks
0
ADS1 (8)

My approach to this for the last few years (since Office XP) has been to
save a Word document formatted they way it should end up - as XML.  And then
rename it to a XSL and put in iterators to populate the data from the XML
queried out of SQL Server. Contact me if you need assistance.
Chris Harrington
www.activeinterface.com

"ads" <ads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im
> currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to
> create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then
> add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can
> anyone
> point me to the right direction?
>
> Thanks

0
ChrisHarrington
3/17/2006 12:07:57 AM
Can u elaborate your statement?hmmm it looks like interesting. What i need is
a one step configuration in ms word to accept database data then a one-click
process to display the database data in ms word. is it possible? Can you give
me links pointing to your approach?

thanks chris

"ChrisHarrington" wrote:

> My approach to this for the last few years (since Office XP) has been to
> save a Word document formatted they way it should end up - as XML.  And then
> rename it to a XSL and put in iterators to populate the data from the XML
> queried out of SQL Server. Contact me if you need assistance.
> Chris Harrington
> www.activeinterface.com
>
> "ads" <ads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi
> >
> > i was given a task to display sql server data in ms word using xml. Im
> > currently doing research to accomplish the task. What i have in mind is to
> > create an xml template (or schema?) to load the sql server data first.Then
> > add the xml template in the ms word add-in option. Is it possible? Can
> > anyone
> > point me to the right direction?
> >
> > Thanks

0
ADS1 (8)

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Reporting from Project Server

using the journal on outlook

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Pulling data from separate tabs

get a result of an sql into a field

data sort

MS POS = RMS? Also, SQL Connectivity...

Help with importing data

SQL 2005 Great Plains 9 issue
I will try to keep this succinct. I am running Great Plains 9 with SQL 2005 on separate servers. Recently I brought up a new SQL server(called sql02) to replace the old SQL server(called sql01). After installing SQL 2005 on the new server and restoring all the databases I renamed the new server(sql02) to the name of the old Server(sql01). Great Plains worked happily after that. On the new SQL server now called SQL01 there are two database engines in SQL Studio, one is called SQL02 and the other is called SQL01. I would rather not have SQL02 there, but I'm not sure how to delet...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

How to get to email from Word

Formula for cross tab data filling