Simple insert line in nested xml

I have this xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
        <Dados>
            <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
        </Dados>
        <Viagens>
            <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
        </Viagens>
        <GridAcomp>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True" Tamanho="50"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
/>
            <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
/>
        </GridAcomp>
</GRLog>

I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...
How could I do that??? I've been struggling with it for hours now...

Tks...

0
cdonke1 (4)

Christiano wrote:
> I have this xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>     <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
>         <Dados>
>             <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
>         </Dados>
>         <Viagens>
>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>         </Viagens>
>         <GridAcomp>
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True" Tamanho="40"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True" Tamanho="50"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True" Tamanho="70"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
> />
>             <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True" Tamanho="200"
> />
>         </GridAcomp>
> </GRLog>
>
> I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...

A new "line"?
Do you want to insert a new "Viagem" element?

With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.

XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
doc.Save("output.xml");

But I am guessing what you want to achieve, better show us exactly what
you want to insert.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

        <Viagens>
            <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
            <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
            <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
            <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
        </Viagens>

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> escreveu na mensagem
> Christiano wrote:
>> I have this xml:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>>     <GRLog xmlns="http://www.digiexpress.com.br/grlog">
>>         <Dados>
>>             <Empresa>00.000.000/0000-00</Empresa>
>>         </Dados>
>>         <Viagens>
>>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>>         </Viagens>
>>         <GridAcomp>
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="0" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagIgni" Index="1" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagOcor" Index="2" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagAtra" Index="3" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ImagSina" Index="4" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="40" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="FormPosi" Index="5" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="50" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="VeicPlac" Index="6" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="CarrPlac" Index="7" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="TiVeDesc" Index="8" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="70" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="MotoNome" Index="9" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="200" />
>>             <Colunas Nome="ClieNome" Index="10" Visivel="True"
>> Tamanho="200" />
>>         </GridAcomp>
>> </GRLog>
>>
>> I need to insert a new line into the "Viagens" group...
>
> A new "line"?
> Do you want to insert a new "Viagem" element?
>
> With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.
>
> XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
> XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
> doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
>   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
>   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
>   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
> doc.Save("output.xml");
>
> But I am guessing what you want to achieve, better show us exactly what
> you want to insert.
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)
10/28/2009 1:32:35 PM
Christiano wrote:
> I'm trying to insert a new element Viagem, nested in Viagens, so it will
> look like this
>
>         <Viagens>
>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>             <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
>             <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
>             <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
>         </Viagens>

Then see the code I posted, it adds a new Viagem element:

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
10/28/2009 1:51:47 PM
Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S

tks in advance..

> Christiano wrote:
>> I'm trying to insert a new element Viagem, nested in Viagens, so it will
>> look like this
>>
>>         <Viagens>
>>             <Viagem uID="0" QtViagens="0" FrmAberto="False" />
>>             <Viagem uID="1" QtViagens="30" FrmAberto="True" />
>>             <Viagem uID="2" QtViagens="6" FrmAberto="False" />
>>             <Viagem uID="3" QtViagens="87" FrmAberto="True" />
>>         </Viagens>
>
> Then see the code I posted, it adds a new Viagem element:
>

>>> With .NET 3.5 you could use LINQ to XML e.g.
>>>
>>> XDocument doc = XDocument.Load("input.xml");
>>> XNamespace dp = doc.Root.Name.Namespace;
>>> doc.Root.Element(df + "Viagens").Add(new XElement(df + "Viagem,
>>>   new XAttribute("uID", 1),
>>>   new XAttribute("QtViagens", 1),
>>>   new XAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True"));
>>> doc.Save("output.xml");
>

> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)
10/28/2009 2:00:08 PM
Christiano wrote:
> Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S

With .NET 2.0 you can use the DOM implementation in the .NET framework,
System.Xml.XmlDocument:

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
doc.Load("input.xml");
string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

XmlElement viagem = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", dp);
viagem.SetAttribute("uID", "1");
viagem.SetAttribute("QtViagens", "1");
viagem.SetAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True");

doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("dp:Viagems", mgr).AppendChild(viagem);

doc.Save("output.xml");

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
10/28/2009 2:11:49 PM
Martin Honnen wrote:

> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load("input.xml");
> string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
> XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);

Here I forgot
   mgr.AddNamespace("dp", dp);

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/
0
mahotrash (1777)
10/28/2009 2:18:10 PM
Tks a lot Martin...

I've just came to a similar solution right now... lol

    XmlDocument doc = New XmlDocument();
    doc.Load(f);
    XmlNode vNode = doc["GRLog"]["Viagens"];
    XmlElement el1 = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", vNode.NamespaceURI);
    el1.SetAttribute("uID", 5);
    el1.SetAttribute("QtViagens", 0);
    el1.SetAttribute("FrmAberto", False);
    vNode.AppendChild(el1);

    doc.Save(f);

> Christiano wrote:
>> Sorry.. I forgot to tell.. i'm using FW 2.0.. :S
>
> With .NET 2.0 you can use the DOM implementation in the .NET framework,
> System.Xml.XmlDocument:
>
> XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
> doc.Load("input.xml");
> string dp = doc.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI;
> XmlNamespaceManager mgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(doc.NameTable);
>
> XmlElement viagem = doc.CreateElement("Viagem", dp);
> viagem.SetAttribute("uID", "1");
> viagem.SetAttribute("QtViagens", "1");
> viagem.SetAttribute("FrmAlberto", "True");
>
> doc.DocumentElement.SelectSingleNode("dp:Viagems",
> mgr).AppendChild(viagem);
>
> doc.Save("output.xml");
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
cdonke1 (4)

Any XML Naming Conventions?
Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming Conventions? -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG wrote: > Does the use of DTD, X...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Nested Styles in Word 2003?
Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where appropriate but I am curious. Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only part of a paragraph. See http://...

XML as a database that can be written to
Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, but also written to? What features are available in .NET to do this? I need to do all of this from a Web based application. Am I thinking File System Object? Thanks. mjc wrote: > Has anyone had any luck using XML as a database that not only can be read, > but also written to? That's doable, but you better use real database instead. XML wasn't meant to be used as a database, it's just a data format. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com Yes, it can be done and I think its an id...

cannot insert hyperlink
Hi - others had reported this to me before, and at that time, it worked perfectly well for me - but now, my system has the same problem: I cannot insert a hyperlink into an email message. It's in HTML format, so I select a word of text, and use Insert / Hyperlink, enter the URL - but after that box closes, there's still no hyperlink. I am aware of the fact that hyperlinks will only be clickable after the message will have been sent; however, now, they aren't any more. And, before, I'd at least see the text formatted like a link - that's no longer the case. Any hints ? ...

Problems with loading xml from XmlTextWriter
I use an XmlTextWriter to generate xml data. The declaration is: System.Text.StringBuilder sb = new System.Text.StringBuilder(); System.IO.StringWriter sw = new System.IO.StringWriter(sb); XmlTextWriter w = new XmlTextWriter(sw); And I write to it using .... w.WriteElementString("foo","bar"); When the creation is done, I need to load it into DOM to select an XmlNode or an XmlElement to apply to another method (which I cannot control). I thought I could do it with: XmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument(); xDoc.Load(sb.ToString()); XmlNode node = xDoc.SelectSingleNode(&...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Problem inserting delta symbol into Excel
Dear Group, Hello. I recently posted a question related to the issue of putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts. Someone kindly suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart. However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68 (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D. What gives? Why does one symbol work and not the other? I even downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still did not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Thank you....

what is straight line depreciation and double line depreciation?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation In article <928DC52C-D390-45C6-9847-693648A1A5DA@microsoft.com>, MISSY <MISSY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-F62312.22355624092007@msnews.microsoft.com... > See > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation > Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important point. The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to build up a reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsol...

Insert new row as cell contents change
Insert new row as cell contents change. After importing data I have a spread sheet with a column that contains a series of alpha numeric characters. At various random intervals in this column the contents change. EG rows 1 to 4 could contain ABC, then rows 5 to 15 could become 222. I am looking for a method to insert a blank row automatically between the rows were the contents change. Many Thanks Geo George If you are familiar with VBA the code below will do what you want. Preselect the column of data first Sub InsertRowAfterValueChange() Dim myCell As Range Dim sCurrVal As String ...

LOOK AT- x-PUBS LONDON- XML.....
Hi Have you seen www.x-pubs.com I think it will be very interesting for your audience. X-Pubs is Europes largest XML publishing conference. We have Ann Rockley, JoAnn Hackos, UBM, Mark Logic, XMetal, Idiom all speaking plus a lot more ...

connect to simple COM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable is there a simple example on C or CPP or MFC how i can connect to simple = COM that has one interface and some methods with their arguments thank you Dani ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C89E37.9E641C50 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Open Continuous form with a few lines showing
Hi I have successfully implemented a continuous form to open at a new line with RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew in the Load Event However, you have to manually scroll a little to see a few of the previous records. It would be nice to see up to 5 of these previous lines on Opening the form Is there a way to modify this code to do that? Thanks Neil Change the form's underlying record source to a Top 5 query. In a query's design view, right click in a blank area, and choose properties. Set the Top Values to 5, then adjust your criteria and order by clause to ret...

Excel deleting xml item problem
I have an excel macro (in an add-in) that is called by the main excel macro that is deleting various items in an xml file When it gets to the last line as below it generates the following message “An unhandled error occurred: Object variable or with block not set” the variable is dimensioned see Dim statement that I have copied here. This has worked for some time with no problem but suddenly out of the blue generates this error. I have tried replacing the xml file with a copy, also tried replacing the add-in with a copy (in case either have been corrupted). The error desc...

Bug in Grid Lines in CListCtrl Report View
Hi, This thing is again annoying me! whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear temporarily. Have anyone else faced the same thing ? Thanks >whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are >problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose >their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear > temporarily...

Common uses for XML in an asp web application
I recently created an application that used an xml file to define 4 different groups used for my app, and within each of those groups are <item></item> tags to declare different values that were used to lookup values in a database. This worked pretty well to allow me to dynamically create navigation buttons to perform operations etc.. Now i am trying to think of other common uses for xml that would make my apps even more scalable. I think I could have used xml again in my app for this operation althought i did not because of time constraints: Once records were grabbed from the d...

Scatterplot with a best-fit line
How do i create one scatterplot with three separate data sets and a best-fit line to go with each set? Make an XY chart with the first set of X-Y values. Copy the second set of X-Y values, select the chart and use Edit menu > Paste Special, and add the data as a new series, categories in first column (row). Repeat for the third set of X-Y values. Add the trendline to each series by selecting the series, right clicking, and choosing Add Trendline. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "neally" <neall...

copy & insert based on criterial
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLO...

Can I insert Google Calender data into Publisher document?
How can I configure my Publisher document to use the data from Google Calendar? I would like to use the RSS feed from Google Calendar. Creating an RSS Feed http://blogs.msdn.com/lisawoll/archive/2004/11/19/266972.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thpope" <thpope@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB5CDF70-1B8E-45E1-B17B-7D496CD96F36@microsoft.com... > How can I configure my Publisher document to use the data from Google > Calendar? I would like to use the RSS feed from Google C...

revision lines on Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to show when text is revised by inserting a line in the left margin. This works ok on text, and has worked with tables and ToC in past versions (2004 for Mac). Now in the new version it causes formatting chaos. <br> I draw a line in the left margin of a page with a table and when the mouse is released the line a) disappears, or b) jumps up to the previous page, or c) jumps over into the table and displaces the contents downward off the page. <br> I am not using the Track Changes feature. &l...

How do you change data values by dragging graph lines in excel 07?
Firstly, please ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject line. Secondly, you don't in Excel 2007; that was one of the "improvements" they put in. Most experts prefer the charting facilities in Excel 2003 over those in Excel 2007. -- David Biddulph "Mannymeister" <Mannymeister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3616E56A-A8BF-44D4-9E38-8746B39DCD7E@microsoft.com... > ...

How to render modified XML DOM to HTML document when using CHtmlVi
Hi, I used CHtmlView component for my app. I navigated to an XML file and then retrieved the XML DOM using IDispatchEx (ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwebteam/html/webteam05072001.asp Straight XML). The XML DOM was appended with a new element but the change doesn't reflect in the view. How do I update the HTML Document without re-loading the file (as changes are made in the DOM and not the file). ...