setting timeout in XML controls

Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes?

--Buddy

0
buddy1348 (2)

Hi,

If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp

Regards,

Ion Vasilian
"Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML classes?
>

> --Buddy

0
sqldev (66)
10/24/2003 6:13:42 PM
Would prefer to use .NET is there is a timeout property buried in there
somewhere.

--Buddy

"SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/
xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp

> Regards,
>
> Ion Vasilian
rights.
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML
classes?

> > --Buddy

0
buddy1348 (2)
10/24/2003 7:41:39 PM
Hi,

Sure, there is a solution. Take a look at the managed HTTP stack:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemNetHttpWebRequestClassTopic.asp

> Would prefer to use .NET is there is a timeout property buried in there
> somewhere.
>

> --Buddy
>

> "SQL Server Development Team [MSFT]" <sqldev@microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you're using MSXML4.0 take a look at the ServerXMLHTTP:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/
> xml_mth_sz_0cj7.asp
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ion Vasilian
> > --
> rights.
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
> > "Buddy Ackerman" <buddy@buddyackerman.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there a way to set a timeout in either MSXML or in .NET's XML
> classes?
> > >

> > > --Buddy

0
sqldev (66)

Favorite Folders Settings
I just switched computers from XP to Vista. I managed to copy all my folders and data okay. I am having 3 problems. 1. I had to reset my favorite folders because it did not keep the settings. After each item (inbox, sent, junk etc...) it says "in personal folder". How do I get rid of that? 2. The size of the font in the folders and preview pane is so small I can hardly see it. How can I increase it - I can't find a setting for this? 3. In the All Mail Folders - almost every item is cut off as if I need to expand a column to see it but there is no column. Hope you c...

Setting up gift receipt with OPOS printer
Hello, Maybe I am going about this incorrectly, but I am trying to setup RMS to use the gift receipt (from Partner source). I created a new receipt format with all types pointing to the new gift receipt format. Then I went in to the register settings and setup receipt2 to point to the same opos LDN name using the "gift receipt format". However when tt goes to print it says the printer is not available. The first receipt prints out just fine, but the second will not. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Brian Try selecting the "Share OPOS Printer with other program...

Updating subform control based on another control value in the SAME subform.
Greetings, Calculated result is a field that is updated based on the two other fields, this is done in the subforms query and as based on an expression cannot be overtyped (which is good!). All I want to do is once a value appears in the field is to populate another field (see code below). Runs without errors but see no results. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub CalculatedResult_AfterUpdate() Dim CResult As Integer CResult = Me.CalculatedResult.Value Me.ActualResult.Value = CResult Me.ActualResult.Requery End Sub Thanks Rob SOLVED "Rob W" <Whllrob@aol.com&g...

Combo Box Control-Multi?
I'm trying to use a combo box form control. One of the control property options is "multi", meaning the user can select more than one of the displayed choices. But if you select this option, the link to the result cell no longer functions since there would be more than one result. How is this multi option used then? How do you get the result in usable form instead of just a visual highlight? I'd appreciate any help available on this since it would be a very useful function for my application. You're talking about a listbox, right? Dim i As Integer With Li...

How to set up model portfolio?
Hi- I am trying to set up an investment portfolio to track what *would* have happened if I bought those stocks. I tried creating a watch investment account but when I get to the step to make it a model portfolio and divide a certain sum by all the stocks it starts to influence and change my total return for all my accounts. Nothing shows up under daily change or total but it is changing the Total Return at the bottom by making it look like I have more money invested than I actually do. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks! -Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >I am ...

Need help setting up a leave copy on server
I have an exchange server. I'm trying to setup an option where I can leave a copy on server, so that the client can recieve the same E-mail on the website and on his computer at work. How can I configure that option on outlook meanwhile having an exchange server? Don't use a .pst file and the mail will remain in the exchange mailbox. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ...

TAB Settings in Excel
Hi All, Can anyone plz tell me how I can shift from one cell to n th cell by just hitting the TAB key. Thanks in advance. Abhi. ...

Picture Control Bitmap disappears
Hi, I am developing a Windows Application that has a dialog box launched off the main menu. The application is really just an Interface to call some existing FORTRAN code. The problem is the Picture Control on the dialog box disappears if I move another Windows application in front of it. I used the wizard to change the picture control to a bitmap type, and the wizard selection let me choose the first bitmap image through the Resource ID. After the user pushes a button on the dialog box, I change the bitmap for a pass or fail indication. However, if I move another window ap...

Programmatically setting a Form's Name
According to the MSDN Library, a Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Form object's Name property (or .Properties("Name").Value) is read/write. Were this true, it would make creating and saving a Form quite straightfoward. Unfortunately, when I actually try to set the Name property from code (.NET 2.something), I'm presented with an "unhandled COMException" informing me that "This property is read-only and can't be set." Nothing I've been able to find in the MSDN Library, or any forums, addresses this. The version of Access in question is 2003 (1...

How to set up a combo box & Should I use a query?
I keep getting confused on how to use a combo box and prevent the wrong field from being changed ... i.e. I do not want the HA# to be edited in the table. I want to create a form to edit a table (tblHANames) The table has only 2 fields (HA#, HAName) I want to use a combo box with 2 columns to locate the record to be edited. The table is in HA# sequence (key) I do not want the user to be able to change the HA# field (containing the numbers 1 to 150) ... only the names in the HAName fields. The first question was whether or not it is best to use a query? Next, how do I set up the combo box...

Embedded CSS in XML
Hi everybody, I've just learned how to attach a CSS file to a simple XML document with: <?xml-stylesheet href="css_file.css" type="text/css" ?> It is possible to incrust the CSS definitions in the same XML? Regards, MVR Mario V�zquez wrote: > I've just learned how to attach a CSS file to a simple XML document with: > > <?xml-stylesheet href="css_file.css" type="text/css" ?> > > It is possible to incrust the CSS definitions in the same XML? I don't know what that has to do with .NET XML, the topic of thi...

Can an XML file have an icon?
Is there a way I can put icon data into an XML file so Windows displays the file with its own custom icon rather than the generic XML-file icon? What kinds of files (in Vista and up) can have their own distinctive icons? Thanks! ...

Publisher: How to set up both 2 column and 3 column master?
I want to have both options of a 2 column and 3 column in my newsletter. I cannot see how to do this. It seems that I have to use only one or the other. When you create a text box, right-click, format text box, text box tab, columns button. You can link a two column text box to a three column text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "snusanjane" <snusanjane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067D96FF-D927-4233-9BC2-0447DCA460FD@microsoft.com... >I want to have both options of a 2 co...

Set new message to "Justify" format...not Left??
Greetings, I was wondering if there was a way to have a new mail message automatically be set up for "Justify" instead of "Left" for paragraph formatting. I'm using Outlook 2003 Thanks in advance Are you using Word as the Outlook message editor? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, glen.bramlitt@gmail.com asked: | Greetings, | | I was wondering if there was a way to have a new ma...

XML object serialization to MemoryStream and then XSD validation
Ok I have a class called Product ============================================== Code: Product.vb ============================================== Imports System.Xml.Serialization <XmlRootAttribute(ElementName:="product", [Namespace]:="x")> _ Public Class product Public _product_name As String End Class ============================================== I want to serialize an instance of this class to XML and validate it against the following product.xsd saved in the \bin folder =============================================== Product.xsd ==============================...

Help setting up Charts
I have a spreadsheet with the following Column F, building name Each row on the spreadsheet is a member of staffs name In Column I, I have got the number 1 if the member of staff has been trained. If not there is a 0. I need a Chart to show the number of members of staff who are trained per work area. In the chart/ graph the work area should be along the bottom row X. The number of staff members will be in the Y column. Please would you be able to give some assistance. When I try to create a chart the information does not show and it appears to be cluttered. There are 91 members of s...

Getting an error in my xml schema editor code.
Hi, I have an xsd file like this. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="generic" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="generic"> <xsd:element name="bookstore" type="bookstoreType"/> <xsd:complexType name="bookstoreType"> <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="book" type="bookType"/> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="bookType&q...

Error 61 when setting up a users homepage
We are running version 9 ona test system with a copy of our live data. When we log in as a user and try to set up the role for the home page we are getting a GP error 61 then several erros after that. I find nothing on customersource about even setting up the homepages. has anyone else ran into any of these issues? Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_4E3C21D7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! I just pushed a Kb article that references this same error message. It occurs when starting GP 9.0 and it is reso...

How can I validate an XML document with C#?
Hi, I am a beginner and I try to understand how can I use C# and Netframework to validate an XML document. Is XSD a solution? How? Thanks, Doru Doru Roman wrote: > I am a beginner and I try to understand how can I use C# and Netframework to > validate an XML document. Is XSD a solution? How? The .NET framework supports validation against a DTD or against an XDR schema (deprecated) or against W3C XSD schema(s). With .NET 1.x you would use XmlValidatingReader to do the validation, with .NET 2.0 you would create an XmlReader with the proper XmlReaderSettings for the validati...

I would like to set up two graphs that arin "synch".
The first is the average across a range of dates. The second is specific dates based on certain events. I've set this up without a problem but I need to get the dates to show up next to each other. If the second graphs event is on the 4th, 9th, 10th of the month it would be charted next to the corresponding date on the main graph. I hope this makes sense. Marc ...

Setting Reverse DNS PTR for emails to aol.com etc
Hi, currently my network is setup as follows: Main public IP address = **.**.**.66 Our MX record points to our IP **.**.**.67 And the **.**.**.67 IP has a reverse DNS PTR created. This is was done by an IT solutions company we use, but at the moment emails are still not getting through to aol.com domain. I thought the reverse DNS PTR had to be for the public IP address as its this IP which connects up other SMTP servers but the IT solutions company state the reverse DNS entry needs created for the primary MX record. Can someone tell me which one is correct? Thanks On Thu, 13 Apr 2006...

ActiveX controls and printing
I’m using a form with an ActiveX control (Autodesk’s DWG TrueView) to view AutoCAD drawings. I can print the drawings directly from my database by right clicking on the ActiveX control, then selecting File – Plot. This opens TrueView’s “print dialog” (not sure if that’s the correct term) so that I can select the printer, paper size, and plot area. Is there a way to automate this so I can just click a command button? If someone could point me in the right direction I’d really appreciate it. Thanks. Your control exposes a method, probably named Plot. You can easily see what Methods ...

Can I set assertion off for the debug release
Hi Can I set the assert/ASSERT checks off in the debug release Thanks Anup anup.kataria@gmail.com wrote: > Hi Can I set the assert/ASSERT checks off in the debug release Anup: #define NDEBUG But why would you want to do this? Assert's should indicate actual programming errors. David Wilkinson This question doesn't even make sense! What is a "debug release"? THere is no such thing. There is "Debug", with lots of debugging aids. There is "Release", which assumes the code is correct. If you disable the ASSERTs then you should expect to see, ...

xml parsing problem
Hi, I have a known xml file like: <Rule Name="Rule01"><Condition><BooleanExp><RelationExp><Operator>MORE</Operator><Sensor><Name>QoSLevel</Name></Sensor><Constant>99.5</Constant></RelationExp></BooleanExp></Condition><Action><Effector><Name>ACCEPT_SERVICE</Name></Effector></Action></Rule> How can I navigate in the file and easily access the values (i.e. Constant, Name etc.) without writing overlong xml parsings(something like getElementByName etc.)? T...

problem setting up new email account
Error message reads, The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Test Email', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D can you help please "Paul Curry" <paulcurry@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uTOOz6yiKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Error message reads, > > The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered > the server name cor...