Setting row color to be based on content in cells in rows in XML

What would be the best software, and also what would be the best
programming language based solution, to solve the following problem:

I have an XML data set I reference with the usual HTML table. What I
want to do, is to give rows in the data that contain, say the word X in
column 2 a red background color, while I give rows in the data that
contain, the word Y in column 2 a green background color.

More ambitiously, I would like to set rows that contain X in column 2
to have  the font style, text color, text size, etc and also the
background color determined by one CSS id, while I set the rows that
contain Y in column 2 to have font style text color text size etc and
background color determined by another CSS id.

0
vincemoon (4)

vincemoon@rcn.com wrote:
> What would be the best software, and also what would be the best
> programming language based solution, to solve the following problem:

Something you already know reasonably well, or something that's worth
learning as a long term goal.

XSLT could certainly solve this problem for you   (Try Michael Kay's
book if you need a tutorial).

0
dingbat (6)
3/24/2006 2:36:58 PM
vincemoon@rcn.com wrote:
> What would be the best software, and also what would be the best
> programming language based solution, to solve the following problem:
>
> I have an XML data set I reference with the usual HTML table. What I
> want to do, is to give rows in the data that contain, say the word X in
> column 2 a red background color, while I give rows in the data that
> contain, the word Y in column 2 a green background color.
>
> More ambitiously, I would like to set rows that contain X in column 2
> to have  the font style, text color, text size, etc and also the
> background color determined by one CSS id, while I set the rows that
> contain Y in column 2 to have font style text color text size etc and
> background color determined by another CSS id.

See the XSL FAQ
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N961.html

///Peter
--
XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/
0

Dynamic Xml editor
Hi, I am writing a user control that will help a user that know (almost) nothing about Xml to build a Xml file based on a Xsd schema that is given to the user control. The idea is to have a treeview on the left and a property grid on the right. The treeview is loaded with the root elements from the schema. When the user right click on a node, a context menu allow him to add subnodes if schema allow it. This way, the user can create items, attributes, ... The property grid is filled by the user with data. At the end, the Xml file is generated and validated. My problem is about the design....

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

how to match the color of a button with its background?
Hi, I have a owner draw push button. I associate it with two bitmaps, one is down and the other is up. Is there a way to make the bitmaps's background color match the color of the window where the button is located. I manually choose the best matched color but still the result is not good. I can even see a white border line (not drawn by me) when the button is pushed. Please help. Thanks. Tony Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vcresed/html/_asug_choosing_an_opaque_or_transparent_background.asp May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:<408473...

Single click selects multiple cells

Setting up a new e-mail account

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...