Set request parameters for web services

My .net application is to consume a Java web services exposed using
AXIS.
The web service will extract the user name and password to perform some
custom authentication.
	/** Java **/
	userId = hReq.getParameter("wsUserName");
	password = hReq.getParameter("wsPassword");

So my ASP.net application will need to set the user id and password to
be passed as a HTTP request parameters
upon calling the java web service.

I have added a web refernce to this web service inside my .net
application.
But i can't seems to find any methods or parameters to set the request
parameters.

I have search the web for issues similar to this but don't seems to get
any related help.
Does someone encounter this before???? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

anon1 (58)

I am not familiar with java web services. But what do you mean by
parameters?

Usually web service consist of using HTTP post method by setting SOAPAction
http header with a value of web service method url. The post contents would
be SoapEnvelope xml.

If you are saying that the wsUserName and wsPassword need to be http header
name and value pairs, then you are out side of SoapEnvelope. The Add Web
Reference feature does not help you. However you can manually edit the proxy
code that was generated with add web reference feature as shown below:

1) In the solution explorer, click on Show All Files.
2) Expand the Web References node all the way until you see Reference.cs
file (assuming you are writing C# code).
3) You should see a class (say TestService, whatever your webservice name
is) that derives from SoapHttpClientProtocol.
4) In the constructor, add following code, below the existing Url setting
code:

Uri uri = new Uri(this.Url);
System.Net.WebRequest req =this.GetWebRequest(uri);

req.Headers["wsUserName"] = "myuser";

req.Headers["wsPassword"] = "mypassword";

5) You can even modify the constructor signature to accept user name and
password and use those values to set headers.

If the above does not work for you, then you may need to use Web Service
Enahancements from micrsoft. You can search the MSDN for it.

Hope this helps.
Raghu/..
"wawa_piggy" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message

> My .net application is to consume a Java web services exposed using
> AXIS.
> The web service will extract the user name and password to perform some
> custom authentication.
> /** Java **/
> userId = hReq.getParameter("wsUserName");
> password = hReq.getParameter("wsPassword");
>
> So my ASP.net application will need to set the user id and password to
> be passed as a HTTP request parameters
> upon calling the java web service.
>
> I have added a web refernce to this web service inside my .net
> application.
> But i can't seems to find any methods or parameters to set the request
> parameters.
>
> I have search the web for issues similar to this but don't seems to get
> any related help.
> Does someone encounter this before???? Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Raghu9367 (9)

Money 2006
I've downloaded and installed the trial version of 2006. When I update online services for my bank to allow automatic transaction downloads, it creates a new account. Does anyone have the same problem? I"m upgrading from 2004. I go through the Manage online services wizard, but can't seem to update the existing account. Matt Matt Florido wrote: > I've downloaded and installed the trial version of 2006. When I update > online services for my bank to allow automatic transaction downloads, it > creates a new account. Does anyone have the same problem? I&qu...

Setting Money Up Properly
Hi All, trying to get my finances in order....been working to get Money 2006 Premium all set up. Am running into the following problem: When setting up our 1st and 2nd mortgages in the system, how do we get it so that Money allocates the appropriate amount to interest and the appropriate amount to premium? in particular, our 2nd mortgage is an interest-only loan for now...how do I set that up so that Money keeps the principal the same when it applies our interest only payment? tx In microsoft.public.money, Folksinger wrote: > > >in particular, our 2nd mortgage is an inter...

CRM and Outlook Web Access
We have our CRM server seperate from the Mail server....our technicians use Outlook Web Access to get to the company calendar and their email accounts. They do not have outlook installed on their individual machines. Is there away to set up the desktop client/or laptop client for use with the Web access for outlook? As far as I know, the answer is no. Feridun On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:47:02 -0700, deh <deh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our CRM server seperate from the Mail server....our technicians use >Outlook Web Access to get to the company calendar and the...

Smalll projector to fix at side of Web Camera
In development of products, or analisys, when the space and the meeting is limited a group, will be very important to present, show the impact or propose, and discuss the result. -- nelson The actuals "projectors" are to auditorium and isn't possible to install in one Management, for example, in discuss with 3 or 4 technicals. And the final price, according the place, lens, and reduced lumens, will be not expensive. And the Office? The Office will be Excel, Powerpoint and Visio. ...

Outlook Web Access for mailboxes stored on secondary server.
I have an Exchange 2003 org with 2 servers. I need to allow users on the secondary server (not the one with OWA connected to the net) to access their mailboxes via OWA from the primary server (the public OWA server). Is this possible? If so, can someone point me in the general direction. I've done some searching, but not come up with anything thus far. TIA Hi, You need a dedicated Exchange front end to do this. A front end doesn't have to be a super duper box, or anything - it's just a web server. -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www....

External , Meeting requests ,incorrect time !!!
I have this major problem, we are running exchange 2000 on svr2000 if any user sends a meeting request externally it's an hour behind from the origanl time.The xchange is behind the firewall.All time zones are correct on all PC's & Servers.Our time zone does not require daylight saving changes.I have tried everything .Please Help!! Is the Outlook time zone correct and if you don't need Daylight Savings have you unchecked the box in Outlook and in the time zone settings of your servers? Nue "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EFAA...

How to track where a parameter is being called for?
I'm having a recurring problem. As I'm working on a form is based on a query, with subforms also based on queries, every once in a while it will start asking me for some obscure parameter. Generally it's been from removed or renamed fields, but that aren't applicable anymore to the form. Recently I had the problem, and I check and rechecked all the SQL for the queries feeding the form and subforms. Finally, I realized that it was in the Master Field property of a subform control. My question then, is this... When opening a form asks for a parameter, is there a clear wa...

exchange over WEB
i can view my exchange over the web with no problem NOW. But how do I get to view other peoples calendars or make changes to it? Thanks. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:04:46 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >i can view my exchange over the web with no problem NOW. But how do I get >to view other peoples calendars or make changes to it? > >Thanks. > Assuming you have rights to the other persons folders you can access them using this convention: https://server.domain.com/exchange/MAILBOX/FOLDER Where MAILBOX is the alias for the other user Where FOL...

Requesting help with entering stock ticker symbols
I could really use your help on this issue. I am currently running MS Money Deluxe Pro on Vista x64. When I go to one of my mutual funds to add the corresponding stock ticker symbol I get an error message which says that the symbol has already been assigned to another fund. I think what happened was that I used to have this same fund a while back but I spelled/abbreviated it differently when I added it to my account. Now that I am doing automatic account updates from my broker, the fund is spelled slightly differently and hence the ticker symbol can't be reconciled with the 'new'...

Professional Services Tools Library 9.0.21
Hello group, 2 questions 1- How to install latest version from Customer Source with the cnk file extension? The version on 9.0 CD2 is an msi file "PSTL.msi" The download is a cnk file "taUtil.cnk" The PDF file (ProfServicesToolsLibrary.pdf) lists procedures which do not help Download the most current version from PartnerSource or CustomerSource. [PartnerSource > Downloads & Updates > Product Releases or CustomerSource > Downloads & Updates > Service Packs/Product Releases] Installing Professional Services Tools Library: 1. Insert the Release 9.0 C...

Rules set-up
HI, I have tried to set up a rule that is server based, "reply to emails coming from a specific list of email address and have the server respond with this specific message" Is there something that I am missing to get this to work? I have been able to get this to work with client based -- Justine "Justine" <Justine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB38E9D9-2AF2-439A-88CB-BD5D600D0320@microsoft.com... > HI, > > I have tried to set up a rule that is server based, "reply to emails > coming > from a specific l...

insufficient authorization error message on Portal Field Service Suite
I have a user that was just set up to use the Field Service Suite on the portal. He can see the list of service orders but when he clicks on one in the notes section it is giving an error message of "Insufficient authorization to perform this action.". I made sure he is a member of the service customer and returns customer groups and his entity is setup as a customer as well as the service customer self and returns customer self roles. Is there another place I need to add them? Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_DF979967 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Tran...

SSRS 2008 report parameter issue
We upgraded from 2005 to 2008 version and all existing reports were migrated with no issues. Most of these reports had date parameters and they all seem to be working fine. Then we developed a new report, with two date parameter, and deployed it on the server. This new report doesn't render the date parameter on the screen. As a matter of fact, we changed the parameter type to text and still user can't see the parameter on UI. We also removed the data source entirely, and just had the parameter on the report, to see if the parameter will show up on the UI, and that yielde...

Criteria is entered in 2 columns, query is only utilizing one set of criteria
Access 2007 I have a flight column and a date column. There are specific flights for specific dates I want to see data for. The query is returning the right flights, but ALL dates, not limited to the ones I want. If I remove the flight criteria, it limits my dates as desired. What is the deal? WHY are the simplest of tasks made so much more difficult in this release of Office??? Why post twice? Folks volunteer their time here, so if no one responds right away, maybe they're busy or don't know or ... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaim...

How do I change the pre-set font for email?
I noticed my font for writing a response to an email cahnged to Helvetica with a pale colour. How can I change this back? Note that this newsgroup is for Word, so you won't be able to get a specific answer here. Generally, though, if you are composing messages in HTML or RTF, you should be able to select the text and change the font and color. If you are trying to change the defaults, there is usually an Options dialog for that purpose. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "CaymanRN" <CaymanRN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61FB51DB-3E0B-4FBE...

Label work...formula requested
I have a label work which will be finally imposed (mail merge method) in Corel DRAW, an illustration software. The data is available as an Excel sheet. Each label contains ONLY four lines (Col A, Col B, Col C, Col D) I have to reposition these fields in columns E,F,G and H based on the number of empty fields. For this I have used =CountA(range) function and put the same in Col I Beyond this I am hitting blank walls. The requirement is as under. If the record (row) has ALL the fields populated, then E1,F1,G1 and H1 should be be replaced with A1, B1, C1 and D1 respectively.. If the recor...

Exchange 5.5 Internet Mail Service
Hello: I must be missing a step here. I'm trying to setup the IMS so that it allows an internal FTP server to send e-mails to external addresses. I've added that FTP server's IP address to the following settings in the IMS: Connections tab > Accept Connections section > From any host (secure or non-secure) is selected > Specify by Host button > added FTP server's IP address/mask and selected Accept connection from this host. Routing tab > Reroute incoming SMTP mail (required for POP3/IMAP4 support) is selected > Routing Restrictions button > Host and cli...

Outlook Web Access User Name
Whenever I use Internet Explorer (under Win XP Pro) to remotely access my company email using Outlook Web Access (OWA), the "connect to" dialog box comes up with spots for User name and password. When I start typing in my user name, it tries to autofill using an invalid user name. Is there some way to delete this from the fill-in box permanently? I have tried all things, including a comprehensive delete of all internet explorer files, and all "locked" .dat files on boot up. Thanks very much! ...

Help!!! Outlook Web Access not accessable
10-05-04 I posted this last Friday, and only got one reply. I really need help with this, so I'm posting it again, figuring that a four day old posting isn't likely to get any more replys. I've reproduced the original posting and reply below, but basically the problem is that Outlook Web Access was working, and now it isn't. Also the person who set it up is no longer working with us. _______________________________________ 10-01-04 Outlook Web access was working on our server, but it no longer is. All the services that I know of that are required for OWA to work are runn...

Outlook web access is deleting my email
When I use my Outlook Web Access, as of the last 2 weeks when I close a message window, the message gets deleted. Gone. Not even in the deleted mail folder. Why is this happening and what do I do to stop it? are you sure it's deleted? The most common cause is a view that hides read messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ht...

Excel 2000 and web integration
I am downloading reports from out crystal web server and on half of my computers (Win98) the excel pages are being displayed in the web browser, and the other half are being displayed in Excel itself. Anyone have any ideas on this one? I think that this is a Windows setting--per user. There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can t...

Conditional Formats
A1 to A3 are 200,300,250 respectively. I would like to enter a conditional format something like this: =max(a1:a3) A2 should respond since it is the maximum in the range, the others should not. How do I make this work? Thanks, Robert -- ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: 310-571-1227 robert@robertades.com Found the fix. "Robert A" <robert.ades@verizon.net> wrote in message news:O_9xc.1087$TJ6.938@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > A1 to A3 are 200,300,250 respectively. >...

Reporting Services subscription permissions issue?
We have a subscription that runs one of our reports and exports it to PDF. However, we get the following message when trying to run the subscription. !WindowsService_9!940!04/14/2010-16:55:21:: i INFO: Error writing file 2153632.pdf to path \\server\dirctory. I have set the permissions on the directory to full permissions to Everyone to see if that would work, but no success. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Setting focus ?
I thought this would be simple... What am I doing wrong? On a Login Form I have a User textbox and a Password text box.... I want to automatically populate the Username, then set the focus to the Password box. I tried the following code, but the focus stays in the User textbox... Why ? Me.txtUserName.Text= SystemInformation.userName.ToString Me.txtPassword.Focus() Thanks ! "Rob" <robc1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:V9mdnbeSXp8g5ZLWnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@giganews.com... >I thought this would be simple... > > What am I doing wrong? >...

Pastying From web issues: 1 column
Hello. I'm a not a total newbie, but did encounter a problem today. When attempting to copy a table from a webpage into Excel (which I have previously done on that worksheet, and from the site), all my date gets compacted into one column instead of pasting in a table format. I tried (I thought) the various paste (source/destination) and paste special (text/HTML) options, and it doesn't seem to matter. What gives? I've done this successfully with this sheet and site before, but now it won't work properly! Any suggestions? Regardless if it has worked before it is much ...