Set request parameters for web services

My .net application is to consume a Java web services exposed using
AXIS.
The web service will extract the user name and password to perform some
custom authentication.
	/** Java **/
	userId = hReq.getParameter("wsUserName");
	password = hReq.getParameter("wsPassword");

So my ASP.net application will need to set the user id and password to
be passed as a HTTP request parameters
upon calling the java web service.

I have added a web refernce to this web service inside my .net
application.
But i can't seems to find any methods or parameters to set the request
parameters.

I have search the web for issues similar to this but don't seems to get
any related help.
Does someone encounter this before???? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

anon1 (58)

I am not familiar with java web services. But what do you mean by
parameters?

Usually web service consist of using HTTP post method by setting SOAPAction
http header with a value of web service method url. The post contents would
be SoapEnvelope xml.

If you are saying that the wsUserName and wsPassword need to be http header
name and value pairs, then you are out side of SoapEnvelope. The Add Web
Reference feature does not help you. However you can manually edit the proxy
code that was generated with add web reference feature as shown below:

1) In the solution explorer, click on Show All Files.
2) Expand the Web References node all the way until you see Reference.cs
file (assuming you are writing C# code).
3) You should see a class (say TestService, whatever your webservice name
is) that derives from SoapHttpClientProtocol.
4) In the constructor, add following code, below the existing Url setting
code:

Uri uri = new Uri(this.Url);
System.Net.WebRequest req =this.GetWebRequest(uri);

req.Headers["wsUserName"] = "myuser";

req.Headers["wsPassword"] = "mypassword";

5) You can even modify the constructor signature to accept user name and
password and use those values to set headers.

If the above does not work for you, then you may need to use Web Service
Enahancements from micrsoft. You can search the MSDN for it.

Hope this helps.
Raghu/..
"wawa_piggy" <anon@anon.com> wrote in message

> My .net application is to consume a Java web services exposed using
> AXIS.
> The web service will extract the user name and password to perform some
> custom authentication.
> /** Java **/
> userId = hReq.getParameter("wsUserName");
> password = hReq.getParameter("wsPassword");
>
> So my ASP.net application will need to set the user id and password to
> be passed as a HTTP request parameters
> upon calling the java web service.
>
> I have added a web refernce to this web service inside my .net
> application.
> But i can't seems to find any methods or parameters to set the request
> parameters.
>
> I have search the web for issues similar to this but don't seems to get
> any related help.
> Does someone encounter this before???? Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Raghu9367 (9)

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Exchange Services keeps shutting down
Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting down then the would restart. When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was Stopped. I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus. I then rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange service have stopped and started about 40 times. Here are the servicres that keep shutting down Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service IIS Admin...

How do I calculate escalation rates using dates and a set value
If I have a projected that needs to be escalated using start and completion dates by a certain percentage per year, how do I write the formula. For example if my project starts May 26, 2010 and lasts until may 26 2014 I want to add escalation to midpoint at 4% per year. ...

In CRM 3.0 is there a way to Hide the Sales or Maketing or Service
I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM. So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see Sales and Service. Doing by team would also work. I was able to create custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling section access. Mike Sections only appear if the user has access to one of the items within that section. Unfortunately, there are some shared objects across the sections (like Account/Contact) that prevent them from disappearing totally. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hotwheels...

CRM 3.0 - Web UI
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem occur with their install of CRM 3.0. When you try to access the WorkPlace >> Calender page within the web application, i always get an error message when it tries to open the aspx page (home_calender.aspx). The error states "Unexpected error - an error has occured contact your system administrator" Any ideas as to why i would not be able to open this page ?? The user trying to open it has all roles assigned to it within CRM, and is a domain admins (Windows 2003 server, running Sql 2005, Exchange 2003) I am experienci...

historical stock quote web service
does anyone know of any *free* web services that will let me get historical stock quotes given the date and symbol? -- medicenpringles ------------------------------------------------------------------------ medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490975 This is what I found with a google search: http://www.sls.lib.il.us/reference/por/features/99/stock.html http://tinyurl.com/4bfmf You can download an add-in that allows you to pull quotes from MSN (15 min ...

Setting up Yahoo account in Outlook Express
My question is about: How do I configure Outlook Express for POP access? ISP: I'm on a server at work Email Client: Outlook Express Type your feedback here: I can receive, but not send my Yahoo! email. I have followed the instructions exactly to setup an account on my Outlook Express 6 and my Outlook 2003 at work. Error messages from OE are as follows: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for your help. I'm gi...

Products/Services Table
I am using Access 2007. I have a database for my Products/Services industry. I have a table containing my products/services, as well as a Work Order Form that is linked to the Products/services table from which I can choose via drop down the products that I am selling to that customer. The Product/services table contains 3 fields; Product, Cost & Price. The Work Order Form also contains those three fields, and when I choose a product from the drop down, the corresponding Price field fills in as well. Now, sometimes (after bargaining of course!) I want to change the price for ...

setting up multiple profiles
I just installed Outlook 2007. My husband has one comcast account and I have two. We need to be able to use Outlook for these. I have tried to set up my two emails using POP3, but they both come into the same inbox. Please help!!! Thanks, http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm For 2007 specific, scroll to bottom "07Jackie66" <07Jackie66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B3FA5C6-23DD-4314-BB9D-F46CE3E22D1C@microsoft.com... >I just installed Outlook 2007. My husband has one comcast account and I >have > two. We need to be able to...

GP 9 web parts
I noticed that Sharepoint has a Great Plains template, but it does not work. I would like to install GP web parts for employee cards, customer cards, etc on SPS sites. My problem I can't find those specific parts. Anyone know where they are located or how to obtain them? Thanks. Tareef I'm looking for the same thing. Anyone answer your question yet? "Tareef A." wrote: > I noticed that Sharepoint has a Great Plains template, but it does not work. > I would like to install GP web parts for employee cards, customer cards, etc > on SPS sites. My problem I can&#...

Save as web page, but still have spreadsheet functionality
how do i do this. whe i go to save as web page, there is no box i can click but interactivity and the software im using (certiport mous practice test) tells me it is wrong ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ no one knows how to do this. I know someone does ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Money 2004 Service Pack??
Does anyone here know if Microsoft will ever release service packs for Money like they do for other products? The bugs in the budgeting application (duplicates, incorrect budget values based on estimated bill amounts) are absolutely ridiculous and it's driving me crazy. The learning curve is steep, and now that I've finally got this thing humming along I find out that I can't create an accurate budget!? Grrr..... They occasionally release updates via the Money Internet Updates mechanism. M04 already claims to be on update 1. Since almost everything in M04 is carried over from M0...

What do parameters stand for
Hi Everybody, I've been trying to read up on Interfaces but the author slipped in some mysterious nomenclature. The first is the "object obj" parameter in the Interface declaration. Small "o" in both cases. Then. it's even more mysterious as a parameter in a method which implements the Interface. There's now a small "o" with no parenthesis around it. Could this be real code or is the author sending me a message. Phil begin 666 object parameters.png MB5!.1PT*&@H````-24A$4@```E@```#Z`0````$B430K````...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Default Paper Sauce Setting
Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult paper setting is "Manual Feed", so each time before printing something I have to select the "Auto Feed", or select the tray number, or push the green button on my printer. My printer is HP LaserJet 4050TN. I want to change the "Auto Feed" as the paper sauce for my Excel. Thanks. I believe you right click on your Printer and choose Printing Preferences and make the change there. It should stay in whatever config. you choose. >-----Original Message----- >Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult pa...

Deletion settings
In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties, I set the deletion settings to keep deleted items for 0 days which I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago still appear in Exchange System Manager. What can the problem be? "Carl" <schroec(remove this)@hpd.nyc.gov> wrote: >In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties, I set the deletion settings to keep deleted items for 0 days which > I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago ...

can we configure kerberos after installing sharepoint 2010 on web
Hi We installed SharePoint 2010 on a small web farm (2 servers) without following the setup instructions. we are facing the double hop issue. the setup guide says that we should configure kerberos before installing sharepoint, but we can't go back right now. can we configure kerberos after installing sharepoint 2010 on web farm? ------=_NextPart_0001_A01EA0AB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello LemonwithMint, You can easily configure Kerberos after installing SharePoint as well. Kerberos would basically require following: - Web applicat...

How do I set the focus for a field after new (blank) record ?
Hi When I click the "new (blank) record" icon at the bottom of a form, the cursor disappears. How can I make the cursor go to the first field on the form like it does when I first go to the form. Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad Use the form's Current event to run a macro that contains the GoToControl action, and use that to set the focus to the desired field. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7aa0f3c-adbc-4f30-8e2b-f82b121f5876@a28g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > When I click the "new (bla...

Day to day number of not answered requests
Hi, I'm having a following table : A request id B request detail C request date D answer date Is there a way, with a pivot table, to get the following table : A date B number of not answered requests ?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about: =COUNTIF(D2:D65536,"")-COUNTIF(C2:C65536,"") This will give an incorrect answer if there are any answer dates without request dates. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "n61 >" <<n61.18cj37@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Set up second POS. Urgent!!!
Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far. It works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to another PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is an error as following: " A software license violation has been detected. Register 1 is already active" I think the license we bought is good for two locations. Really appreciate your help. If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you should be able set up the 2nd register by: 1. Go into store manager on the working regi...

Charting Web based data
With the data of say a stock price always changing, how can you chart it on a line graph to show historical plots? You can either find a site that posts historical data (often downloadable as a text or worksheet file), or write a macro that gets the price and puts it next in a column. Another approach is Stephen Bullen's trick that remembers the last X values. I don't know how it would work for daily values; I think it's for incoming data that changes rather frequently. But if you want to try, his site is at http://bmsltd.ie. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Pe...

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

capturing and setting screen resolution in VBA
Is there a way to capture the user's screen resolution, and then set it to a different value in VBA? I have tried unsuccessfully to get all of my users to set their monitor resolution no lower than 1024 x 768, but there are some holdouts that insist on keeping theirs at 800 x 600. Some of them still have 17" monitors, and with that limited amount viewing area, it's difficult to design the forms small enough that they don't have to scroll around to view the entire form. If it were possible to capture and reset the screen resolution, I would first check to see if they&#...

Exec Stored Proc with Parameters
I am trying to pass three values from an access form to a where statement in a SQL Stored Procedure. I'm new at this; what am I doing wrong? Also, is there a way to write the connection string so it prompts users for their own username/password? The pasted code in on the AfterUpdate event of a text box. Thanks in advance ------------------ Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Set cmd = New ADODB.Command cmd.ActiveConnection = "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=MyServer;Initial Catalog=MyDb;User Id=user;Password=pword" cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc cmd.CommandText = "spUpdateList&...

how to set disclaimer font size
I'm using Exchange 2003 front server. We set up the disclaimer following KB317680 and it works fine. Now, I am asked to make the font size to Arial 8 as it displayed. How to set up that for both text and html using the vbscript? Thanks. ...