serialization of XML objects....

Can I serialize an System.Xml.XmlNode object or is better to use the
'InnerText' method to extract the node defintion?

Cheers in Advance

Jim

0
Jim

Jim wrote:

> Can I serialize an System.Xml.XmlNode object or is better to use the
> 'InnerText' method to extract the node defintion?
You can use OuterXml property or use WriteNode() method or XmlTextWriter class.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

0
oleg7603 (294)

How to edit more then 250 objects with outlook
Even I try to edit items in public folder with own outlook makros, the process stopped after 250 items. Message in log-file was: "The limit...". Is there a value in exchange or in the registry to grow up these limit? H.Krause So what is the rest of the message in log? Heiko wrote: > Even I try to edit items in public folder with own outlook makros, the > process stopped after 250 items. Message in log-file was: "The > limit...". Is there a value in exchange or in the registry to grow up > these limit? > > H.Krause "Kirill S. Palagin" <kp...

More about Format Object
This is an extension of my previous question about 'Forma Object:Properties:Move and Size'. If I paste a picture ( 'picture (enhanced metafile)' ) from anothe program into excel it free floats above the worksheet. If I 'forma object' and set it to 'move and size' with cells, should it not sor with another column? Move if I move the row or column it is on? I am little confused here about what this format option is really doing. From everything I read, it appears that it should. In my hands it doe not move with cells. It does resize to the cell it is over b...

+Windows7 +ShowHTMLDialogEx +"COM objects not being instantiated"
Why are my COM objects not being instantiated (via the <object> tag) using ShowHTMLDialogEx from MSHTML.dll in Windows 7 (32bit) with IE8? The exact same application works perfectly in XPProSP3 with IE8 installed, but not with Windows7 IE8. I know that my COM objects are not being instantiated in W7 due to an error message that I have similar to this <object...>ERROR: ....</object>, and my error message is displayed. My COM objects are all marked safe for scripting, although not digitally signed, but that should not make any difference when using ShowHTMLDi...

Pasting drawn objects has problems
I'm having a problem with pasting drawn objects. When I select multiple objects drawn around a particular cell, I'd like them to maintain their positional relationship when I paste them elsewhere on the worksheet. This seems to work, for the most part -- when I select a cell somewhere else on the sheet, then paste the selected items, they appear on the page with the same orientation. Sometimes, however, the pasted items get thrown pretty far from the mark -- even onto the next page. What can I do, if anything, to maintain the relationship between the selected items, and the cell ne...

How do i colour an object following its outline in powerpoint?
Hi im trying to colour in an object but when i fill it, it fills a square when i need it to fill only to the outline of the shape??? Not sure if this is your problem, but have you selected the placeholder/textbox instead of the object when filling the object with color? "Greg" wrote: > Hi im trying to colour in an object but when i fill it, it fills a square > when i need it to fill only to the outline of the shape??? Hi Greg What version are you using, what shape are you filling and how are you doing it? What you are seeing shouldn't be happening, so ...

How to serialize with xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute?
Hello, I have got a schema file "myschema.xsd" from my customer for which I must create xml files. I used xsd.exe to create a class for the schema. I fill an object for that class with data and serialize it. My customer gave me an example xml file, how it should look like, and it begins with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <muma xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="myschema.xsd"> <name> .... ========= Question: ========= How do I achieve to get the attributes xmlns...

DB Window displays none objects if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000
Hi, I posted this request once before on 2002-09-10 19:00:02 (Office Developer XP SP2 , Win XP SP1, DAO 3.6) The following problem occurs in several of my databases. It does not occuer with a new database from scratch: The DB Window displays none objects in detail view if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000. Any help ? ...

enums and serialization
I have discovered the following problem. I have an enumeration defined in a schema which has the values 1,2,3,4,5 defined for serialization purposes (what xmlserializationwriter uses). In the code, the enumeration is implicit and has the values 0,1,2,3,4. Result is xmlserializationwriter sends on the wrong value (instead of sending out 1, it will send out 0). Does anyone know how to get around this without manual coding? Is there a way to get XSD in framework 1.1 (the tool I am using to gen code from schema) to generate code with enum values explicitly stated? Is this a bug and there is ...

Creating new object in Outlook 'Regarding...' dialog
If you click on Regarding... in Outlook it brings up the Look Up Records window. This has a 'New' button at the bottom which allows you to create a new object to which to attach the email. But it is available only for certain types of object. What governs this? I would like to be able to create new custom entity here - is this possible? Thanks Andy This is only available for a few system entities out of the box, and custom entities do not support this. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been enter...

Inserting/Adding objects to Collections
Hello I am trying read from a xml file, pull the values in a object and then add the object to an ArrayList. I am using a 'while' loop to move through each node in the xml file and pulling the required values as needed and setting them to the relevant property within my object. The reading of the xml file works as it should. I get a problem when I try to add the object that I created to the arraylist. It seems to be adding each one, but when I view the results of the list, it shows the last object passed in for each object stored within the Arraylist. Here is the code that is givi...

Microsoft Office Word Document is missing from Insert Object dialog
From the Word 2007 ribbon, clicked Insert, Object, Insert Object. Received Object dialog. On Create tab of dialog, scrolled through list of available Object Types. Microsoft Office Word xxx types are missing. Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, etc. are there. Color me confused. Doesn't happen on all boxes here in-plant, but does on some. Hoping that someone can educate me with respect to: 1. What caused the problem, and 2. How to correct it. thanks, david You don't have, Insert | Object | Microsoft Word Document in your list? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &...

Resize object on a dialog during paint
I have a CTreeView and an Edit Control on a dialog. When the dialog is resized I want the to resize to occupy the entire dialog box area. I wanted originally to add a CSplitView to the Dialog from the Resource Editor but couldn't see how to do this. Know how? I thought I should have been able to drag and drop this on the dialog. (Visual Studio 2003 .NET) TIA. B. ShipHead wrote: > I have a CTreeView and an Edit Control on a dialog. > When the dialog is resized I want the to resize to > occupy the entire dialog box area. > > I wanted originally to add a CSplitView to ...

Cloning objects between workbooks without external reference
hi, Is that possible to make it manually or via VBA to clone (copy) whole different objects (for example charts, sheets) that will copy all the data and formatting but WITHOUT the external links? Sometimes I need to duplicate a formula of a chart in the new workbook and if I copy if it will keep reference to the external original workbook. I'd like to keep the format and all the references, but to keep the references local in the new workbook. The time consuming solution is to modify all the series on such a chart manually, but I believe in the better and faster solution. Thanks in ad...

Object could not be found after clicking on MS Office New Message icon
The error message I got when sending a email message from MSOffice or from Explorer for a new email message gives: The object could not be found. after clicking the icon from MSOffice or other links to create a new mail message. Outlook has been set to default mail browser and I've also tried to reinstall the software from the Add/Remove Programs but the problem persists. Appreciate very much if someone could help me fix this. Thanks in Advance, Edwin ...

Footer... Entering Serial Nos and incremnting daily
In the footer, is it possible to AUTOmatically place a serial number, say starting at 00035 on 18 November 2005, each time the date is changed, daily, the serial number increment by the same number of days. i.e 19/11/05.... 00036 20/11/05.... 00037 21/11/05.... 00038 22/11/05.... 00039 If it cannot be placed in the Footer is there any otherway? Thanks for any suggestions. Gunjani- I would run the 1st macro on the 18th and then place the 2nd macro in the ThisWorkbook module: Sub StartFooter() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = "00035" End Sub Sub Workbook_Open() Dim iDi...

Problem with serialization/deserialization
Hallo, i have problem with exception "System.InvalidOperationException: You must implement a default accessor on XXX.BusinessCollectionBase`1[[...]] because it inherits from ICollection. at System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.GetDefaultIndexer(Type type, String memberInfo)". There is defined default integer indexer on class, from which is XXX.BusinessCollectionBase inherited. XML serialization/ deserialization worked fine until my colleagues defined new string indexer on class XXX.BusinessCollectionBase. This string indexer "hides" in some way the inherited integer index...

xml schema to dataset to xml
Hi, I am trying to write a function that takes an xml schema and generates a dataset. I then write data into the dataset and generate xml from it. I then go to validate the xml that was generated against the original schema and the validation fails. Ive found that this is because the order of the sequence in my complex types is no longer the same. Does anyone know of a way to generate xml that will validate against the schema? ...

Lost Serial Number
Is it possible to retreive a serial number with a registered product id for OfficeX? No, not on your own. With Office 98 and 2001, you could find your CD key based on the Product ID, but that's no longer the case with Office X. You'll need to contact Microsoft Product Support Services to request a new CD key. <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS> On 2/11/04 6:04 PM, in article ff0aa36e.0402111604.547d0c5a@posting.google.com, "e3six" <paul_heid@adlernet.org> wrote: > Is it possible to retreive a serial number with a registered pr...

For what "objects" do callouts work
This might be a silli question, but here it comes any way. I know callouts can be used with accounts and customers and something more, but i can't remeber what. Can anyone inform me about this??? ...

opening/extracting ole object file from table to a file via VBA
Hi all, i'm trying to build automation that will extract/open a file stored in table of access to a file system or just to open the ole object for a excel object usage is it posible? On Oct 23, 5:43 pm, thread <yaniv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > i'm trying to build automation that will extract/open a file stored in > table of access to a file system or just to open the ole object for a > excel object usage > is it posible? something here should get you at least most of the way.... http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm ...

USPTYPE.XML File?
Hi There- I'm trying to install Outlook XP and the install keeps looking for a USPTYPE.XML file which isn't on the CD. I think it has something to do with the outlook connector for Notes which I had installed at one point. Any idea what's going on? Thanks, nj ...

Is this valid XML?
A business partner wants an XML file to be transmitted as thus: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?> - <submission cmo:submission_type="production" xmlns="http://www.familycarewi.org" xmlns:cmo="http://www.familycarewi.org" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.familycarewi.org http://www.familycarewi.org/cmo/schema/cmo_submission.xsd"> (some detail records, ending with:) </submission> I am not able to generate the </submissio...

Xml Print Preview
Hi I have an Xml file.I Load it in a Datagrid, My Xml file has child tables, and I want to print this, so I want to see its print preview, but when I want to do it, only it is shown the root table in print preview. What can I do to see the child table in print preview? -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/dotnet-xml/200612/1 post some snippet code PAtrick "mahfuza via DotNetMonster.com" <u30464@uwe> wrote in message news:6b5372a146a58@uwe... > Hi > I have an Xml file.I Load it in a Datagrid, My Xml file has child tables...

How do I Modify The XML View Options
How do I Modify The XML View Options ...

Dynamic create object in a SDI application
I tried to create a CEdit object in myView:OnCreate(..), rather using draw a Edit Box in a dailog(I want the Edit object been created at run time). I can do it successfully & can set some property on this object, but I can't find how to set the object's appearance to be 3D-looking. (just like set Border in Style + set Static-Edge in ExtendedStyle) Is there anyone can help ? Thanks & Regards, "EagleChen" <eagle@magination.com.tw> wrote in message news:eiOQL%23chDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I tried to create a CEdit object in myView:OnCreate(..), ra...