saving as xml

Hi,

The following url give you an XML output
http://webservices.titantvguide.titantv.com/contentblocks.asmx/TonightOn?registrationKey=g8byqgPai3PYi1i7VOfEcKDfKOeYwmYM

is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server?

Thanks in Advance.
Regards
Manoj

0
manojpdas (2)

Manoj Paramu Das wrote:

> is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server?

What's the difference between saving XML file and HTML file? Just create
WebRequest, get response stream and save it.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
XML Insider

0
Oleg

Changing Save As... Filename Prompt Default to CELL value
I have a spreadsheet that contains a value which I would like to turn into the Filename Prompt in the Save As... Dialog box. How do you do this? Like in a macro??? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show _ arg1:=ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Value & ".xls" Andy wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet that contains a value which I would like to turn into the Filename Prompt in the Save As... Dialog box. > > How do you do this? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Thanks for the reply. I tried creating a Macro like... Sub File...

Read complex XML into a dataset or XMLDeSerializer
hey xml gurus I have a xml which is as follows, so my question is how can I read this XML is VB.Net or C#. I want to loop for every survey ID and insider every survey I want to loop for each user ID and get their values. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UserData> <Survey ID="S1"> <User ID="U1"> <EmailAddress>u1@ss.com</EmailAddress> </User> <User ID="U2"> <EmailAddress>u2@ss.com</EmailAddress> </User> </Survey> <Survey ID="S2...

Save as CSV #2
I created a customer database in Excel about 25 pages. I had to email the doc to another company. They asked me to save it as a CSV and then email it to them. I know CSV means comma separated values. What I would like to know is what was the reason for sending it as a CSV? Thanks to anyone who can help me. You'll have to ask them for the exact reason, but CSV can be imported into a wide variety of applications. As an added bonus, CSV does not support macros and macro virii. In article <6A4496CA-C7FF-4A3A-8A0E-959F88D39156@microsoft.com>, "The Typing Place" <an...

Can't save new Contact
When I try to add a contact I get an error message saying "Not Implemented" no matter how I try to save it. Dirty Jim <DirtyJim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to add a contact I get an error message saying "Not > Implemented" no matter how I try to save it. Tried rebooting yet? -- Brian Tillman ...

Can't save item in Calendar
I use Outlook to track client dates, etc. I tried to save one tonight and it wouldn't let me save it. Is there a limit of the number of items you can save in a calendar? Help. Thank you. safetymom123 <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote: > I use Outlook to track client dates, etc. I tried to save one > tonight and it wouldn't let me save it. Is there a limit of the > number of items you can save in a calendar? Help. Thank you. Define "wouldn't let". A calendar can hold at least 65,000 items in any version of Outlook from the last eight years. -...

XML in VB.Net and MSXML
All, Which version of MSXML does the XML section of the .Net Framework use or does it use something completely different? I'm starting to get into an XML contract and they claim to be using MSXML 4.0 as their parser. I'd like to use VB.Net, but want to make sure that I'm using the same parser because I don't want odd things to happen because of different parsers/DOM models. Thanks all, Mike Schnell Totally Different Parser. You must reference msxml 4 with Interop. Joe Feser "Michael Schnell" <mike.NOSPAM.schnell@ggsinc.com> wrote in mes...

Save range of cells as text file.
I need help with a macro to save a range of cells as a text file. I found a great method of selecting the range to save from Tom Ogilvy, dated 8/18/04. However, I need to know how to save that selected range to a text file. Thanks. Maybe another MVP, JE McGimpsey, can help you out: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need help with a macro to save a range of cells as a text file. I found a >great method of selecting the range to save from Tom Ogilvy, dated 8/18/04. >However, I need to know how to save that s...

xl2003 "cannot save
Windows XP professional Windows 2003 professional Both fully updated with service packs etc as of today. Netware server Load spreadsheet 1.xls from network folder SaveAs as 2.xls to same network folder Same user logged in, same folder, try on different machines. SaveAs works on all machines except a few which give the error: "Cannot save folder marked read only" SaveAs always works on local drive Any ideas ?? I have checked out KB180257 Hi sounds more like a network issue (user access rights, etc.) and not like an Excel error. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany iainc ...

XML Block
Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003. I have an XML doc I need to send out but keeps getting blocked, How can I upblock in Outlook thanks Rick See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186594894.192448.228200@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003. I have an XML doc I need to send out but > keeps getting blocked, How can I upblock in Outlook > > thanks > Rick > Rick <dru...

Save hardware drivers
Just re-installed Vista and it needed couple drivers - 1 for my Radeon 1650 SE video card and one for my M/Soft digital media 3000 keyboard I'm bit concerned about these drivers becoming obsolete (particularly the former) so I was wondering whether it's possible to save the drivers now for future install - the driver details document all the driver files & locations but not sure how to re-install - just drop them in the right folder? It seems impossible to just download driver nowadays - it's either direct install only or part of 200,million gigabyte software instal...

Personal.xls Save Dialog Box
Dear Experts: I have created a function in VB6 & save the file as DLL, then save this file in System directory. To call this function, created the following function in Personal.xls: Public Function FigureToWord(ByVal Number As Double) As String Dim n As FigureToWord Set n = New FigureToWord n.CurrencyFractionPart = "Paisa" n.CurrencyName = "Rupees" FigureToWord = n.GetWord(Format(Number, "#.00")) End Function The above lines list my DLL in "Excel Function List (fx)" Now whenever I close MS Excel, it always ask me to "Save Personal.xls and s...

Saving and Reentering OUTLOOK .pst Files
I have OUTLOOK 2000 and recently switched to XP Operating system. Can anyone direct me to a source that tells me how to save these files for weekly backup and also how to reenter if necessary? Thank you John Andreoli http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm might be helpful. "John Andreoli" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:253ad01c46109$e9bb9080$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have OUTLOOK 2000 and recently switched to XP Operating > system. Can anyone direct me to a source that tells me > how to save these files for weekly backup and also ho...

preprocessing ASP.NET tags generated by the XML Control
Hi, I have an ASP.NET webpage that contains an ASP.NET XML control. This control accepts an XSLT stylesheet and XML document which it then uses to render HTML code where the XML control is positioned for the client at the server. This setup works great for an XSLT stylesheet that generates plain HTML tags. But, this doesn't work so well if I use ASP.NET tags (such as <asp:dropdownlist>) inside the stylesheet. Although the code for the ASP.NET tags DOES get generated by the XML control, it doesn't get processed by the ASP.NET engine which converts such tags into regular HTML t...

Set Outlook to NOT save attachments in Sent Items?
Is there a setting, registry key, etc. in Outlook that can be sent so that the text of messages is saved to Sent Items but not the attachments? I mean, I already have the file ;) Having another copy in my Sent Items just uses up space. I believe this can be done with Outlook Express but I can't find a relevant setting in Outlook. Outlook 2003, if that matters. Thanks, -S. No. Not without running code or a third party program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be de...

XML Schema validation
Hi, Please give me a example of XML file validation against XML Schemas that are in external files and there are import/include references between them (see Validating GML files... post earlier from me). Please use XmlValidatingReader or MSXML 4.0. Is it possible to hold exception throwing from MSXML4.0 SAXXMLReader when an error is found ? Thank You ...

Javascript Export/Import of Custom XMl file on CRM Form On not All
1. We have a requirement to export data using javascript on the CRM Form fields to the local client machine, for that i have created an XML file with form fields data and used ActiveX Object for XMLDOM but it was not allowed by Internet Explorer by default settings ( In order the solution to work users need to change Internet Explorer Security Settings to allow unsigned ActiveX controls to download/execute, we feel that this not a acceptable solution). This is specific to Internet Explorer Security settings. Following is one more issue with MS CRM Forms 2.We tried importing a XML/any f...

Can I save changes to excel on a floppy?
I have a monthly expense I set up in excel. I have to go from office to office to different computers so if I add in an expense can or will the update be saved in the floppy or how can I save the changes? You never open a file on a floppy nor should you ever save a file back to a floppy. Insert the floppy, save the file to the hard disk, open the file (on the hard disk), make your changes, save the file (on the hard disk), close the file, copy the file back to the floppy, move on to the next office. Alternate solution - get a network and stay in your own office. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules M...

Edit XML Row
First, I am new to .NET. I have a internal log which is an XML file that I'm setting up. I can add and sort rows but can't EDIT them. 'Set this up for editing File ds.Tables("entry").DefaultView.RowFilter = "id='" & strID.Value & "'" If ds.Tables("entry").DefaultView.Count = 1 Then 'Found correct row ds.Tables("entry").Rows(E.Item.ItemIndex).Item("user") = strMessage.Value ds.Tables("entry").Rows(E.Item.ItemIndex).Item("user") = strUser.Value End If This wo...

Create TabPanels from an XML file
I've posted this many times. I had my accordian code at the bottom as an example but some filer must not like something there so the posts never showed up. It was simply an Accordian element with a XmlDataSource specified. Much the same thing I'd like to do with a tab control. If there are three sections in the XML file each containing a Header and a Contents element I'd like the TabContainer to show three tabs using that data. The ajaxToolkit Accordion has a DataSourceID which can be set equal to a XmlDataSource and a HeaderTemplate and a ContentTemplate that can...

Is it possible to use regular expressions inside of an xpath statement executed by System.Xml.XmlDocument.SelectSingleNode() ?

How do I save more than 1 toolbar configuration in Excel?
I want to make a new toolbar without every Excel file changing to that toolbar. Jan Karel Pieterse has some instructions about creating a toolbar via code or attaching the toolbar to a workbook. http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro04.htm C. Christman wrote: > > I want to make a new toolbar without every Excel file changing to that toolbar. -- Dave Peterson ...

XML Serialisation problem
Hi, We are serializing objects to an xmlfile that is validated against a schema. For this schema the elements are serialized in the wrong sequence. Does anyone know how I can let the serializer sequence the object members in the order required by the schema? thx Patrick De block These threads might help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=ucB6uaVcCHA.2532%40tkmsftngp09 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%234BfF5VzCHA.2232%40TK2MSFTNGP09 (Complete thread) "Patrick De Block" <patrick.de.block@pandora.be> wrote in messag...

Binding XML to datagrid
Hi, I tried to bind an XML similar to the following to a datagrid. <Idontwant> <Iwant> <Yes></Yes> <Yes></Yes> <Yes></Yes> <Yes></Yes> <Yes></Yes> </Iwant> </Idontwant> The datagrid comes up with nothing. When I remove the node 'Idontwant' and have the 'Iwant' and the root node, everything shows up correctly in the datagrid. But removing the 'Idontwant' node is not an option of mine. I want to be selective on the level or group of nodes that I b...

Xml Serialization
I generated a class from a schema. One of the fields are typed as System.Guid. Perfect. The only problem is when this class serializes, the guid field serializes as 8c4a969b-2aa4-4679-b170-d9f6441f7c6d, when I need it as {8A3ACA06-A7DE-41A5-B584-063E7CF391BB}, all upper, and with braces. Is there a way to force the XmlSerializer to serialize as the latter format? I tried to turn the field into a string property with private field type Guid. That way, I can store it as a guid but format it the way I want. The problem this time - the properties serialize last and my elements are now out of...

How to recover e-mail addresses saved in memory/egistry
Hello all I have my "normal" forder to manage my contacts. But I have also a lot of mails that appears automatically when I write the first words... I need to recover all these e-mail that are in the memory/registry... It's possible? I tried to use the Wizard for transfer settings. Al setting are transfered but not these e-mails... I have a new laptop and I need these mails. Thanks in advanced henpat === Outlook 2003 === They're stored in a file with an NK2 extension. Methods for migrating your NK2 file are described here: http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletetips....