Refreshing Information on an ASPX Page? Easy?????

Hello,

I have a text box on an ASPX Form in ASP.NET that I would like to have
refreshed at a regular interval.  Can't seem to get it working.

Here's the scenario.

I'm reading a number of Stock Symbols from a text file.  For each Stock
Symbol that I read, I perform various calculations...calculations that
can take a long time.

Since these calculations take a long time, I would like to have the
current Stock Symbol displayed on the ASPX Form so that I know how far
along in the process the program currently is.

I assign the Stock Symbol to the text box via code like "
txtSymbol.text = symbol ", and then try to refresh the control...but it
doesn't seem to work.  The control is "blank" on the ASPX Page even
though a Stock Symbol has been assigned to it.

Any ideas?  Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

Incorrect information on Check Stub
When printing a batch of checks, on the check stub in the field that we have designated for PO Number the information is incorrect/overwritten. In this case I have 18 invoices to pay on one check, nine of them with legitimate PO Numbers and the other nine with notes pertaining to the Invoice number that have been entered in the PO Number field in GP. Seven of the nine PO numbers have been overwritten with the nine notes that were related to the nine invoices directly under the top nine, i.e. the seven PO Numbers have been replaced and are no where on check stub the other two printed f...

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

GAL web page
How can I create a web page listing names and phone numbers (possibly couple other fields from AD). I have ran across several CDO or ADSI samples for Exchange 5.5, but w are running Exchange 2000. Does anyone have ideas or code for me? It must be out there. Ideally, I would like to expand it to an in/out checkboard type o thing. For now, just publishing the phone list will work - cgraham158 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread...

Comparing Information
Heya im pretty new to access. I have a table which is a list of names (all the people in my office) Called 'Names' I have another table which has a list of dates for a month. Its filled in with people who are absent on what days for that month. This is called 'Absence' I want to create a way where it subtracts the names that are absent on that day, for the whole to leave me who isn't absent..... E.G. Table 1 Table 2 'Names' 'monday 1st' 'Tuesday 2nd' A ...

Cannot "Page Setup" feature
Good morning I have been editing a book of ca 170 pages. Up until last Thursday I could access "page setup", the "Column" feature of the "Index and Reference" etc. I do not know what I might have done; however, now the Table of Contents show only 20 pages even though the entire book is present, the "Page Setup" is grayed out and I cannot access it, and other features suich as restoring the two column format for the indices at the end of the book no longer function. Can you tell me what I may have done and how to fix it. I tried just copying ...

Using edit.aspx
Ok, I know its "bad" to modify the edit.aspx, but it was the ONLY way to get a function that I wanted to work. Anyways. After adding some javascript to it (mainly into a window.onload function) it works fine when viewing from the browser client. However when using the Outlook client the modifications do not work (it uses a local copy of edit.apsx for the given object, and in my case the contact object). My question is, do I have to add this modification code to EVERY Outlook client? Should there be some sort of synchronization between the two? Or is this why its bad to modify the fi...

Tasks
I went to a table view for my tasks, went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields" I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks... I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions: Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc... but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display the information of this sort... I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information related to how they "repeat"? Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting th...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Bitmaps' Page Display
How would small bitmaps be displayed on a page of a tab control. The bitmaps would need to be printed out similarly to text, line by line. Each line would contain at least ten small bitmaps.And there could be enough lines to continue past the end the visible tab page. Then a scroll control would be used. Is it possible to do this type of thing. ...

Opening Page format
Using MS Publisher 2002, I want the opening page to show only a blank page, not a graphic showing - in a third of the screen - a selection of "scheme - options - designs" Help/advice will be appreciated. If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 - UNBELIEVABLE Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select -- On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:44:07 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote: >If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 - >UNBELIEVABLE I'm not. > >Go to me...

Disappearing Page tabs
We recently had office 2007 installed on our XP computers. We save many spreadsheets on a network drive. Since the installation occasionally when we open Excel it will not show us the page tabs. We have hid and unhide the tabs using the options box. Is there a way to fix this? Lets hope we get a reply, I have same problem and asked again. Opened book with tabs, ran a macro to sort and print and tabs disappeared and I cant find. SG <cyclingmerlin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff562108-d923-4f8f-8ac9-bf34d9c5cb76@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > We recently had office 2007 insta...

replace manual page breaks WITH section breaks
Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do the reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up window. Typing in ^b just produces an error. Is there a way to do this? Thank you all, -Lynne Please ignore question, folks. I just found a workaround here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136260 -Lynne Here it "Elessvie" wrote: > Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and > replacing them WITH somethin...

Summing in page footer
In my page footer section of a report I need to have a "Subtotal" which is "NonTaxable" + "TaxableNetAmt". Sometime my TaxableNetAmt will be 0. How can I make the Subtotal be the sum of NonTaxable and TaxableNetAmt? I have tried many different ways and I get #error. My control source for NonTaxable is = [NetAmount] and the control source for "TaxableNetAmt" is TaxableNetAmt. Or will be entered on teh form... THanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200706/1 On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:41:10...

information #2
Hello, I need to implement the Retail Management System RO software but i'm new on it, Sombody can tell me where can i find a book or resource about this software it's ery important for me to know the software before implementig. -- Best regards, Michael Check courseware nr. 8594 or 8595. I think nr. 8594 was SO and 8595 is HQ. I ordered them through Quirius in the Netherlands. Hope this helps you any further. Greetings Raymond Bakker ReBuS B.V. the Netherlands "Michael Reyes" <Michael_reyes_garcia////@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1B7F0CB2-5DB4-4638-B11...

Memory for rendering a report page
Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? If so, is it possible to increase the default? Type a question (i.e., Access specifications) on help filed of access window. -- HTP Adnan If I have helped and/or answered your question, please let me know by replying or clicking question answered (below positioned ‘Yes’ button). "anthony" wrote: > Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? > If so, is it possible to increase the default? > anthony wrote: >Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a r...

Center on Page

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website. Last month I updated my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007. Several days later I try to log on to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Load failed Cannont load MSO.DLL" Has anyone had a similar experience? Or any advice? Change the compatibility to Windows XP. (BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you'll see this issue has been addressed many times._ -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----...

how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?
i saved information on a floppy disk 1.44 mb that was already formatted and had information on it previosly. when i tried to open the floppy disk the computer was telling to formatt my disk.where did all my information go? can i get it back? I presume you have tried taking the floppy out and re-inserting it and trying again? Pete ...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...

Row information from a specific cell...
I have an array of information and I want to get the row of a particular cell based on the value in that cell. I've tried lookup, match and index and am at wits end. For example my array is: C1 R1 2 R2 3 R3 1 R4 0 R5 12 R6 4 I want to formulatically determine the row for a value so for example if I select 12 than the row is 5. Any help is greatly appreciated. =MATCH(12,C1:C6,0) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an array of information and I want to get the row >of a particular cell based on the value in that cell. >I've tried looku...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing?
HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing? I read a document about FTP Sessions in MSDN. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384180.aspx In the document, if you upload a file to FTP server, delete or rename a file on FTP server, you need to remember to refresh directory listing. In the sample source code there is just a comment: // Remember to refresh directory listing. But how to do it in C++? Just send a LIST ftp command or use FtpFileFinder to enumerate the files on FTP server? Laurence Local directory listing or remote directory listing? For remote, you as...

Continue page numbering from previous document while Indexing
Hi! I have a very long document that I have split into several smaller documents to work on and consequently, I have set the page numbering for each subsequent according to the last page of the previous document: "Document #1: Page 1-500" "Document #2: Page 501-750" "Document #3: Page 751-900" However, when I do Indexing in Document #2, regardless of the page number I have set up, it reverts to Page 1 when updating the Index and resets the entire page numbering in that document. How can I 'force' the Indexing to recognize the subsequent pag...

if a cell has a value greater than 0, then atomaticaly goto a seperate page for addit
Dear Help forum, I'm trying to set up a formula that will automatically move me t another sheet if a value greater than 0 is entered in certin cells. Thank you Fran -- Franks ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Frankso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3011 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49797 A formula returns a value to the cell that holds it. It can't move you. But maybe you could use a =hyperlink() formula that would allow you to click the link and go to the ...