rare error when consuming .NET web service from ASP 3.0 using ServerXMLHTTP.4.0

I have been working on this problem for several days, and
would greatly appreciate any advice I can receive.  We
have an ASP page that calls a .NET web service we have
developed in C++.  When we query the web service directly
through the generated ASMX file we get the expected XML
response.  It always works!

However, the same queries under the same conditions from
our ASP page will sometimes fail.  When it does we get the
error... "The data necessary to complete this operation is
not yet available."  We do know that the request can take
up to 45 seconds to process, but the ASMX just waits until
it receives results.  Whereas our code does not, even with
timeouts for every object we touch set to very high values.

We are using MSXML v4.0 with the latest service pack.  The
underlying WinHTTP is version 5.1.  In our ASP code we
instantiate the ServerXMLHTTP.4.0 object.  We call the
open and send methods using a GET request.  We have used
the WinHTTP trace utility to look at what is hapenning
when it breaks.  The error lines are as follows:

12:16:33.687 ::*0000001* :: WinHttpSendRequest() returning
TRUE
12:16:33.687 ::*0000001* :: WinHttpReceiveResponse
(0x353d000, 0x0)
12:17:34.218 ::*0000001* :: Winsock/RPC/SSL/Transport
error: 0x274c [WSAETIMEDOUT]
12:17:34.218 ::*0000001* :: WinHttpReceiveResponse: error
12002 [ERROR_WINHTTP_TIMEOUT]
12:17:34.218 ::*0000001* :: WinHttpReceiveResponse()
returning FALSE
12:17:34.250 ::*0000001* :: IWinHttpRequest::Send()
returning 2147954402 [?] (0x80072ee2)

We have tried raising the timeouts, but we still get this
error.  Also the trace reveals that the timeout is
happening with one second of the query being initialized
which leads us to believe this isn't just a simple timeout
issue.

The strangest thing is that the ASMX always works, but
when we look at the trace, there are no differences in how
the request is handled.  The ASMX file itself tells us a
post is being issued, but the trace shows GET.

I tried to put all the information in here.  I hope
someone can help us out.

Thanks,
Ayo
0
ijidak (1)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Count If Formula #4

Using Relative path for XML data file?

learning Excel #3

Error 550 Relaying denied

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Emails #3

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

using the journal on outlook

Error 130

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

number format with leading 0

Web Servics install error
Hi, I tried installing Web Services today but towards the end of the install I received an error that my user (to be used for Web Services) could not be added to the IIS_WPG group. I had prior to the installation already added this user to the group - and I think this is why the install failed. To fix this, i then removed the user from this group and redid the install. This time it got past the previous point, but sadly again right at the end of the install gave an unexpected error, and I was forced to cancel the install. This user was a user in Active Directory, as well as a SQL user...

GPS 8 service pack 2 and add new company
After installing service pack 2 for GP 8, I am not able to add or log on to the new company. Error during upgrade is “Entries haven't made to all required fields. Would you like to show the required fields on all windows in greatplains” When I try to log on to GP getting another error “file for this company have not been updated” Please help Rajesh ...