question about using the correct schema namespace

I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it
over http to an aspx page.  The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself
based on the xml data.
This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace
url as shown below.  Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml
export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace?

Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">
<xsd:schema>

After mannually changing the root entry url it works fine with:
<root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">

Also, below is the error my aspx page throws when it tries to read the xml.
note,  this test case is reading directly from disk for debug purposes:
ERROR consumeXML getXML: System.ArgumentException: The schema namespace is
invalid. Please use this one instead: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema. at
System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, XmlReadMode mode, Boolean
denyResolving) at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, XmlReadMode
mode) at PrepareI.getXmlFromDisk() in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\STPWS\PrepareI.aspx.cs:line 106ERROR in ////using
CrystalDecisions.Shared; Page_Load: System.ArgumentException: The schema
namespace is invalid. Please use this one instead:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema. at PrepareI.getXmlFromDisk()

Thanks
--
Jay
0

Jay wrote:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">
> <xsd:schema>
>
> After mannually changing the root entry url it works fine with:
> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">

> Also, below is the error my aspx page throws when it tries to read the xml.
> note,  this test case is reading directly from disk for debug purposes:
> ERROR consumeXML getXML: System.ArgumentException: The schema namespace is
> invalid. Please use this one instead: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.

The error message is clear and correct. If you want to include elements
in the W3C XML Schema (XSD) namespace then you need to use the
well-defined official
   http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
URI and not http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema which your sample has.

The W3C XML Schema specification is here
   <http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema#dev>
the namespace name is defined here:
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Instance_Document_Constructions>

So you need to change your VBA export to use the proper namespace URI.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Can I use a Report expression for queries?
Is it possible to use the following expression that is used in reports on queries? =[Sales]/Sum([Sales])*100 Or some expression to get the result. Thank you. No. In your query, you can refer to text boxes on a form, but not on a report. That's because of the way reports are formatted (sequentially.) Forms have a current record, which identifies which value you want. Reports don't. In the context of a query, there are other ways to get totals, such as DLookup(): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html or a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne ...

Microsoft Access Subform Question
Group, I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES), sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to reference this data? http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table relationship) Robert Hello Robert, If the name of the subform control is [Payments] then for the ControlSource of [txTotalPayment] enter: =[Paymen...

Relaying denied question
Running Exchange 2000. Occasionally, when sending an email to a certain domain, we'll receive a "You do not have permission to send to this recipient.....relaying denied" message. I've read alot of posts about reverse lookups being the culprit for a situation like this. My question is....would this be a problem on our end or the domain we're trying to send to? Another note...doing an nslookup of this other domain, I'm seeing the MX records list a primary and secondary mail server. But while the mail server FQD names are different, the IP addresses are the same. ...

Tables/ queries question
I have a table for recording college attendances, some of the courses are at Campus 1 and some are held at Campus 2. I've got a field for course code, course anme and a check box to show if the student is at campus 1. When I enter the student ID number into the form, at the moment the name of the course comes up automatically in the text book, as I think it's reading the information from another database on the system. At the moment I've got a check box on the Form to enter manually into the table whether the student is at Campus 1 or Campus 2. What I wondered is if...

Conditional Formatting Equation Question
Greetings, I am trying to get a Conditional Format to do something if there is "NO" entry in A2. Any ideas as to what this formula would look like? Any help would be appreciated. TIA -Minitman =A2="NO" or, if by "NO" entry, you mean a blank cell: =A2="" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Greetings, > >I am trying to get a Conditional Format to do something if there is >"NO" entry in A2. > >Any ideas as to what this formula would look like? > >Any help would be appreciated. > >TIA >...

Add a server. Dumb-but necessary-question
I'm planning to add a Exch 2003 server to an existing Exch 2000 org and - after testing with a few mailboxes, move the system folders, etc - I'm planning to retire the 2000 server. My mx record points to a WAN ip address which is translated by a Cisco Pix 506e to allow port 25 to the private ip address of my existing Exchange 2000 server. Here's the stupid question (obviously I don't have much admin experience with multi-Exchange server orgs): How does mail destined for a mailbox on the new Exch 2003 server get to that server? Port 25 is open to the original server and t...

Dynamic List Box using VBA
I wasn't really sure how to phrase this one -- this isn't your Typical Drop-Down List. I have a SELECT statement which queries SQL Server 2005 and displays the data in Excel. Let's say that a database lists products that have been delivered to 4 different cities, on 3 seperate days -- without knowing (in advance) the delivery dates, how could I create an input/drop-down field to allow the user to specify a particular date? I envision something like this: VBA code produces a list box of delivery dates based on a particular product and city. The user selects a delivery date ...

Address Book and other questions?
I have the following questions: How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - detailed address cards? Can I change the color palette in Entourage? "Craig Schiffer" wrote: > How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - > detailed address cards? I've never used Outlook so I couldn't even guess at how it looks. You need to post screenshots and give details of what you want the Address Book contact to show. You can post a screenshot link using a service like ImageShack. <http://imageshack.us/> How To...

Question about different string type in VC++
Hi, I want to write a simple Trim() function to trim the spaces around a LPSTR string. I created a dialog based app to test the routine, the Trim() function seems to be OK, but when I close the dialog, it causes General Protection Fault. I tried some other approaches but no go. Since I only intent to use Ansi string, so I did not use any _T() macro or _TCHAR() macro in Trim(). Please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks. Here are the code fragments: void CSimpleDlg::OnBTNTest() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CString sInput; LPSTR sTemp; GetDlgItemText(IDC_TX...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Using ExecuteQuery to get Listing of Cases
I'm attempting to programatically extract a listing of Cases (similar to the Cases listing in the Case Manager of the CRM app) using the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMQuery.ExecuteQuery() method. I can successfully extract Account and Contract info using ExecuteQuery, but I've been unsuccessful in locating a sample of a "QueryXML" string for listing Cases. This is my latest attempt, but I'm not even sure if "Incident" is the correct Entity for what I'm attempting. <fetch mapping='logical'> <entity name='Incident'> <order a...

Using Emit to Return a Value
Hello: I am trying to write a piece of code that can implement an interface's methods simply by returning a specified value. I am trying to see how Mock libraries are written. For instance, I have a piece of code that looks like this: MockFactory.CreateMock<ISomething>().Setup(something => something.Foo()).Returns("abc"); What I want to be able to do is somehow implement ISomething.Foo so that it returns "abc". However, I am having a hard time figuring out the Emit code for taking an arbitrary object and incorporating it. I've never want...

I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE
I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't really want another instance of SQL on my box. Is there anyway for MS CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation? If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there isn't. It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are shared amongst the instances. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote: I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation ...

Using a Button to increment numbers in a database among other things.
I know that it is difficult to assess and solve a problem without being able to look at it physically. Therefore I have included a download link to the database I am working on. http://rapidshare.com/files/41280411/logbook1.accdb.html I have been have some trouble with this database what I would like to do is set up the logdb form to increment the lab number field with the click of a button following a format of the last two digits of the year "-" "0000", otherwise I would just like the field to be entered with a format of "00"-"0000". I tried using a ...

How can i use DAO Application
Hello freinds I have a software which is made in MFC and connected with MS Access 97 through DAO(Direct Access Object via MS jet Engine). Now i want to use same software for Postgresql and wanted to connected it through ODBC. Problem is that Old software has been developed for DAO,all main file like ,recordset,view doc r made for DAO. If i want to make it in ODBC,my classes like Set ,view Doc and other would be generated for ODBC. I dont know any option to use same software, Should i write whole software from the begining? I need ur help. thanks Sheikh ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Budgeting Question for the Experts!
While I have worked my butt off to get a solid budget, I would like to be able to manage my budget from paycheck to paycheck. Obviously, there are some bills that are paid at the end of the month, others during the middle of the month, and others at the beginning of the month. I get paid every two weeks, and so some months have 2 deposits while others have 3. Essentially my question is this: Does any one have a suggestion on how to best approach this with Money? Right now, I'm doing it manually in Excel which is a pain. I would much rather do it in Money. In short, it's...

Stupid question i know.
We have a nice new AD site here, we transferred all our exchange from NT to the new 200 Exchange, i want to add one user to view a particular calender, i am guessing i have to set permissions through users and computers but its driving me mad. Anybody shed light on it? I know...read the book, go on a course...aint got time. Thanks Alan -- SP1 for Fun, BMW for Comfort. BOTAFOT #148 Assuming that you just want the user to be able to select File | Open | Other user's folder | calendar, then you should create an Outlook profile an logon to the target mailbox. Right click on calendar f...

Using OUTPUT TO in VBA, then how to modify the XLS from Access?
I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send a query over to Excel, however we will have many users and we would like to programmatically add the header rows, date printed, turn on the auto filter and freeze panes, all of which I can do within a Macro in Excel, but how do I call that macro to run from Access and How to run it on the file that they just created? Current Code: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "MainRptWUser", acFormatXLS, , True "ThriftyFinanceGirl" wrote: > I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send...

vb.net xml namespace xmlns xmldocument
I am using XMLDocument to create my xml. How do I remove the namespace information ? It is being put on all my xml nodes: <MyServ xmlns="http://www....../XInclude> <Timeout xmlns="">100</Timeout <MyServ> I am using CreateElement as such xElem = newXMLConfigDoc.CreateElement("Timeout") xElem.InnerText = "100" rootNode.AppendChild(xElem) What am I doing wrong ?? marfi95 wrote: > I am using XMLDocument to create my xml. How do I remove the > namespace information ? It is being put on all my xml nodes: > &g...

Question on LABEL Range
In a LABEL Range(say that it has 12 elements row-wise), how do one refer to the 4th elements? I have this ideas that in a worksheet, I have 12 rows single column LABELED range called MONTHS, where 1st elements is JAN(that is C6), and so on, and last element would be DEC(C17). How do I get the 4th element which will be APR, and put that value in the different cell using the LABEL reference instead of the absolute cell location(C9)? Thanks I am not sure I understand your question? You refer to the labels with their names, so if you want to sum the April row you use =SUM(Apr) Otherwis...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...

How to best imitate using Word macros in Outlook 2007
In my previous Office 2003 setup, I used Word for email editing, allowing me to use Word macros to generate common sections of text in the emails, etc. I see that in Office 2007, the email editor does not support the Word object model. How do I program a macro that would allow me to enter a certain text in the Outlook message under 2007? Thank you. What happens when you try using the Outlook Macro editor? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, AMolotkov asked: | In my previous Office 2003 setup, ...

missing wab dll first time using outlook 2000
while trying to install outlook 2000 for the first time I get a missing dll file message. A computer search did not turn up any wab file. I have a new phone (droid) I am trying to set up a sync with it from outlook Applies to Vista and Windows 7 when it comes to this *.wab error See the following about Outlook 2000 and missing *.wab http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "airport mark" <airport mark@discussions.microsoft.c...

Percentile: Different Result Using VBA?
If I populate some cells on an Excel spreadsheet with, say, 1, 2, 3, 4; and then set another cell to =Percentile([cell range], .9) I get a result of 4. OTOH, if I'm in VBA and feed the those numbers to gExcelApp.WorksheetFunction.PercentRank, I get 3.7. Only diff I can see is the use of a VBA array of double to pass the numbers 1-4. Does this sound familiar to anybody? -- PeteCresswell Try formatting the cell containing the percentile function to display some decimal places: then you'll get 3.7 as expected. "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news...