question about using the correct schema namespace

I have a Access/VBA client that exports xml to the local drive, then posts it
over http to an aspx page.  The aspx page consumes it, then builds itself
based on the xml data.
This works find only if I first mannually change the root entry's namespace
url as shown below.  Does anyone know how I can get the two (cleint xml
export and aspx xml consume) to work together with the appropriate namespace?

Here is the top three lines of my xml export (prior to mannually changing it):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">
<xsd:schema>

After mannually changing the root entry url it works fine with:
<root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">

Also, below is the error my aspx page throws when it tries to read the xml.
note,  this test case is reading directly from disk for debug purposes:
ERROR consumeXML getXML: System.ArgumentException: The schema namespace is
invalid. Please use this one instead: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema. at
System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, XmlReadMode mode, Boolean
denyResolving) at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, XmlReadMode
mode) at PrepareI.getXmlFromDisk() in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\STPWS\PrepareI.aspx.cs:line 106ERROR in ////using
CrystalDecisions.Shared; Page_Load: System.ArgumentException: The schema
namespace is invalid. Please use this one instead:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema. at PrepareI.getXmlFromDisk()

Thanks
--
Jay
0

Jay wrote:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">
> <xsd:schema>
>
> After mannually changing the root entry url it works fine with:
> <root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata">

> Also, below is the error my aspx page throws when it tries to read the xml.
> note,  this test case is reading directly from disk for debug purposes:
> ERROR consumeXML getXML: System.ArgumentException: The schema namespace is
> invalid. Please use this one instead: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.

The error message is clear and correct. If you want to include elements
in the W3C XML Schema (XSD) namespace then you need to use the
well-defined official
   http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
URI and not http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema which your sample has.

The W3C XML Schema specification is here
   <http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema#dev>
the namespace name is defined here:
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Instance_Document_Constructions>

So you need to change your VBA export to use the proper namespace URI.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Deleting Msgs after using Inbox Repair Tool
Outlook 2000, XP Pro. After using the Inbox Repair Tool I am unable to delete email messages received before using the repair tool. I reviewed the knowledge base, but did not find anything to help. Need help to delete these old emails. Andy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000, XP Pro. After using the Inbox Repair Tool > I am unable to delete email messages received before > using the repair tool. I reviewed the knowledge base, > but did not find anything to help. Need help to delete > these old emails. In this case, if it wer me, I'...

Question About Sorting
I want to make a spreadsheet that shows multiple book authors and the books they have written. I want to set it up so that I can sort the list by last name of the author, but the books they write need to go with their name as it is moved. I have tried using column A for the author and column B for the books, but when column A authors is sorted, their books don't go with their name. I also tried indenting their books under their name with the same results. The data doesn't have to be in two columns, but their books need to go with their name. What can I do to make thi...

Correct formulas in cells, have to retype to work
At work we have a worksheet that was used for all of 2004. Formulas worked fine. At the beginning of the year we made a new worksheet from 2004 and called it 2005. Lately when we put numbers in the cells are not adding up. Example...cell reads =p64+s+64. So the formulas is correct but for some reason it is performing the way it should. If I re-enter the formula then it is fine but I do not want to have to redo all of the page. Any suggestions Is calculation set to manual? Try Tools / options / Calculation - change to automatic Does hitting F2 and then enter on any of these cells...

X.500
Why do I see an X.500 email address on some users and not others. This only appears on 2 users and I am wondering what happened to create this address. I posted a little while ago about a problem with NDR's and this appears to be part of the problem. Sorry for not posting to the same thread but I am hoping this subject will generate more targeted respones. This is happening to our CEO and he's flippin. Need to get this resolved ASAP. Thanks On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:32:47 -0400, "Doug" <a@a.com> wrote: >Why do I see an X.500 email address on some users and n...

Message Rules using <or>
Hello, How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Bob Bob Brannon <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote: > How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain > people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Two rules. -- Brian Tillman ...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Question: sharing exchange calendars
Sharing exchange calendars outside of the local domain Is it possible (and if so how) to share calendars in exchange from one local.domain to another remote domain? I have a domain abc.local and I would like to share calendars with people in a domain from another company called xyz.local. I was thinking that they had to be part of the same organization somehow but what if that isn't possible. Is there a way to do this? Can someone email me or reply to this post as i need help with this ASAP. My Email: backup (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thank you. My first thougt is Public Fo...

iif statement using time
I would like to create an iif statement to peform this: I have a form that has a button employees click to login. When they click this button, the time appears in a textbox ([Login]). I would like for another textbox ([Report]) to show whether or not the employee was late. The new textbox ([Report]) should say the words "Late" or "OK" depending on whether or not they logged in before 8:05 AM. Thanks. If it is JUST the time in the LOGIN then you should be able to use =IIF([Login]<=#08:05:00 AM#,"OK","Late") John Spencer Ac...

How do I enter the correct length of a line?
For example: If I need to show an object (drawn to scale) how can I get the line to be. say 40' - 8"?? Go to View > Size & Position to enter exact values for an object. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "softfrog" <softfrog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCDBA81A-2687-4574-8CB7-2E79144AB9EA@microsoft.com... > For example: If I need to show an object (drawn to scale) how can I get > the > line to be. say 40' - 8"?? THANK YOU!!...

sys.dm_exec_sql_text questions
Hi guys, I wrote a procedure trying to capture the blocking and blocked processes and the sql statements they run. But in my history tables, the sql statement I captured are almost all "CREATE PROCEDURE ...' instead of the real execution of the stored procs. The query I used to capture the blocked process and sql statement is as below: SELECT s.spid , s.blocked AS BlockingSPID , waittime , DB_NAME(s.dbid) AS DatabaseName , s.program_name , s.loginame , OBJECT_NAME(objectid,s.dbid) AS ObjectName , CAST(text AS VARCHAR(1000)) AS Definition FROM sys.syspr...

dst questions sorry, alot of posts
Hi, running 2 exchange servers. Exchange 2003 sp2 (what is the build for sp2?), Event viewer has it at 7638 build. Both exchange servers are running 2003 sp1 with KB931836 patch for dst I hear of all the problems occuring with KB926666, is there a new patch for exchange??? Please help... DST is driving me crazy. Also, is there DST list, we have a few NT, 2000 Servers. I have to use the TMZedit tool. Thank you very much, Koz The only issue with 926666 (afaik) is with the Store not mounting under certain conditions in environments with more than one domains where you've u...

NEWBIE question
I have a worksheet and I need to ALPHABATIZE this list of names. It was already done, but I had to delete some names and add others. Is there an easy way to do this without having to retype all of these? Sorry if this question seems silly but I have no idea how to use excel. This worksheet was already done and given to me. Thanks, Missy Hi Missy you can try the following: 1. Add a helper column adjacent to your text column (assumption: A is your text column and B your helper column) 2. In B1 insert the following formula: =UPPER(A1) copy this down for all rows 3. Highlich column B and ...

Using Double variable with a C++ dll
Hi, I am using a dll written in C++. One of the declarations is : (In a module) Public Declare Function S52_moveView Lib "libS52.dll" _ (ByVal horizontal As Double, ByVal vertical As Double) As Long (In the code of a form) Select Case KeyCode Case vbKeyUp S52_moveView 0#, 1# Case vbKeyDown S52_moveView 0#, -1# End Select When passing a negative value (with vbKeyDown), the program jams, with an overflow error, or with a division by zero error. I have no idea why this occcurs. Thank you for reading me, an...

[help] using $env
i have a system variable named repo an example of it is.. set repo = \\server im trying to create a shortcut that links to that path, but i can't get the syntax/format right.. here's what i've come out with so far. but it'll probably read $env:tilltheend rather than $env:repo\blabla... if you know what i mean.. how do i get this right? $lnk.WorkingDirectory = "$env:repo\win7\netsetup\scripts" if theres a better way do post so, thanks!! Irwin wrote: > i have a system variable named repo > > an example of it is.. > set repo = \\s...

Creating New Accounts Using TSQL
We've got a hefty Chart of Accounts that we use for managing an investment partnership. Each time a new investor comes aboard, we need to create about 80 accounts for that investor - some of them top-level posting accounts, others will be children of a posting allocation breakdown, etc. In any case, I'm just wondering if there's a way to create these 80 accounts by directly inserting rows into the database tables? Is this possible or unrealistic - we have a couple of SQL gurus that generally understand the GLXXXXX tables, but won't dive into specific possibilities withou...

How can I go from one tab to another without using the mouse?
How can I go from one tab to another without using the mouse? Hi, CTRL and Page up/Page down -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Cari" wrote: > How can I go from one tab to another without using the mouse? CTRL + PageUp and CTRL + PageDown will cycle you through the sheets. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:52:01 -0700, Cari <Cari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I go from one tab...

Using MAX or MIN
How does one locate the cell in which the MAX number appears? Red, =MATCH(MAX(A2:A11),A2:A11,0) This will give an index pointing to the value in the range where the max value is. If there are two identical values, it returns the first. This is used with INDEX to point into another array to retrieve a value, if that's what you'll be doing. =INDEX(E2:E11,MATCH(MAX(A2:A11),A2:A11,0)) -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Old Red One" <oldred1@charter.net> wrote in message news:eKRVQm87GHA.3...

Cannot connect using IE
I get the Career Builder Website, but when I try to open "My Career Builder" link to get to my account, I cannot and the screen flickers a lot, and I notice that on the line where the link is written appears at the end of the line a locked padlock. I only notice this padlock when I use the Career Builder's linked which do not open. I do not see the padlock with the other websites that I can open. Seems that the reason that I cannot open these website has to do with the appearance of the padlock and that I might have locked a setting somewhere. Can any one ad...

Using RMS on a Palm
Be able to use RMS from a Palm to receive inventory. Scan - Match PO - and Up-date info on the server by syncronization. Any PALM-RMS customizated software ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Two Questions.
I run Money 2003 on XP with all current updates. The first one has probably been talked about frequently but after reviewing the current threads I only saw issues with Money 2002. But here goes: why can't I just open my money file without using Passport sign-in? I have clicked the check box saying that I don't need to use the internet and still get no where. This is just an annoying issue but I would like to not have to use passport at times. The second issue is a little different. I created a new investment and after I was finished, I noticed I used the incorrect name with the &q...

Question on Word Bullet Spacing
I am working on a paper for a professor who INSISTS that on a double-sided document, the last line of text be flush with the page number at the bottom of the page. However, on pages with bulleted lists, this isn't working. The "blank space" in the "Double Space" is at the bottom instead. I realize that sounds a bit confusing so let me put this another way: I have a document that is 100% double spaced everywhere. The entire document is set to "0 pt" space before and after all paragraphs. Therefore the bulleted lists should be spaced identi...

How do I print gridlines using avery templates on blank paper?
I'm trying to print new labels for my Big Tab Insertable dividers (8 Tab) and don't have any more labels so I want to print on blank paper and cut to fit. Is there a way to do this? Im using Word 2007 -- Sherry B Select the table, then click the all borders icon. Pam newdesigner wrote: >I'm trying to print new labels for my Big Tab Insertable dividers (8 Tab) and >don't have any more labels so I want to print on blank paper and cut to fit. >Is there a way to do this? Im using Word 2007 -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

first some general questions about populating...
not sure if i can detail my question here, but here goes.... i have an existing workbook, with existing worksheets with formulas set up etc.....but it is in a fixed number of entries format.....ie we want to record a series of test results, scores, over the course of a year......currently we have 3 variations set up.....one book for those with 50 and less people.....one with less than 75 and one less than 100.... proplem now comes in is when we require 130......?? is there anyway to automate this so people can be added as required? ie if we need 120, etc.....?? currently...

XML Validation
I am currently developing an xbrl validation software that takes an xml instance file and a lot of schemas(xsd files) and validates it against the xsd files. I am using Visual basic in visual studio 2005. I have managed to cycle through the xml file , validate most of the variables, however, i have some problems with the namespaces of some attributes. For example, in my xml instance file, it says: <xbrldi:typedMember dimension="d-ty:NationalMarketDimension"> <d-ty:NationalMarket>base metals</d-ty:NationalMarket> </xbrldi:typedMember> ...

WHERE USED
Hi, Is there a way within Access to determine where a field is used/updated? In other words, how can I query the queries or code, to determine where FIELDA is referenced? -- David Open up Help and search on Object Dependencies. Rich Fisher's excellent Find and Replace add-in might be just the ticket. If you register it (one of the best $37 I've ever spent), the cross-reference report can find what queries use which reports and forms. It's a good way to find orphans. However I don't know if it will go down to the level that you are looking for. http:/...