posting XML

I am developing two asp.net web projects.

When the last page of the first project is done, it redirects to the first
page of the second project.

However, I need to transfer some data to the second project and I want to
use xml data for this not query strings.

Anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanx in advance

0
bkkim (1)

You could use the HTTP POST method to post the XML data.
Example method:
using System.IO;
using System.Net;
public static void PostData ( string destUrl, string data )
{
   WebRequest r = WebRequest.Create(destUrl);
   r.Method = "POST";
   r.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
   StreamWriter w = new StreamWriter(r.GetRequestStream());
   w.Write(data);
   w.Close();
}

--
Regards,
Dennis JD Myr�n
"BK Kim" <bkkim@destinationrx.com> wrote in message
>I am developing two asp.net web projects.
>
> When the last page of the first project is done, it redirects to the first
> page of the second project.
>
> However, I need to transfer some data to the second project and I want to
> use xml data for this not query strings.
>
> Anyone know how to achieve this?
>
> Thanx in advance

0
dennis5359 (37)

How can I avoid hitting the GL's when I post an adj?
Is there some way I can create a sub ledger account that will allow me to post adjustment entries to show Inventory movement without affecting the GL until later? You could: a. create the inventory batch and tell it not to post to the GL, then enter the GL transaction manually when you're ready or b. post the batch in inventory and not post the resulting GL transaction(s) until you're ready (make sure that the posting isn't set to post through the GL if you want to do this) Victoria "Lora" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10f50...

Exch2k Calendar in Public folder post meeting request not available?
I have created a calendar in a public folder, and want it to accept meeting requests through OWA, not the default appointments. When I try to change it via Outlook 2002 it tells me it cannot accept this type? I.e. On the general tab for the folder properties it says "When posting to this folder use, Appointment (I want to use "Meeting Request" from the forms ....) Also when logging into the public folder and creating an appointment, it does not allow me to add attendees? it is grayed out. Any help would be much appreciated. Tim ...

Relative file path for XML data...
Hi, I have imported XML data into a worksheet. When I change the raw xml file and refresh the Excel sheet, everything works fine. However, Excel seems to bind to the absolute path name of the source xml file (Ex. E:\My Documents\Default Data\data.xml). I would like to use relative paths instead, because I need to add this excel sheet into source control and other users may not have the same path as me. Any ideas on how I can do this? Thanks! Vijay ...

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Xml.XmlDocument' to type 'System.String'
I'm writing webervice client using .Net 2.0. I have this class: [System.Web.Services.WebServiceBindingAttribute(Name = "ValidateBinding", Namespace = "http://example.org/Avtentikacija")] public class MyWebService : SoapHttpClientProtocol { [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("", Use = System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal, ParameterStyle = System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Bare)] public XmlDocument validate(string url, [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute(Namespace = "http://ww...

XML Datasets
I need to use XML as a dataset. I see the examples re: dataset.ReadXml and dataset.WriteXml. I have successfully popluated a Listview with the records from the XML file using the dataset.ReadXml method and the tables/rows collections, now I want to click or select a row in the ListView, then poplulate textboxes with the data from the XML (dataset), allow the user to edit it, then save it. Additionally I want to allow the user to add records to the XML (dataset). Can you please help, or share sample code. Thanks, Michael ...

Need help: Client found response content type of '', but expected 'text/xml' after simple SDK call.
I am exploring the CRM SDK (1.2) (on MS CRM v1.2) and tried a very basic operation, which I copied from Microsoft's samples. The following piece of code throws an exception: string server = "server2"; string virtualdir = "mscrmservices"; string url = "http://"+server+"/"+virtualdir+"/"; Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser (); bizUser.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; bizUser.Url = url + "BizUser.srf"; Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth ...

Can anyone see this post?
I tried to post here last night and it still hasn't appeared. I can post to non-MS groups, but not anywhere on the MS server. Have I been blacklisted? If you can see this, please reply. Thanks -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. Your message got all the way to Vancouver, USA don "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:eFHBUF9yEHA.804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I tried to post here last night and it still hasn't appeared. I can post to > non-MS groups, but not anywhere on the MS server. ...

XML document question

reading xml from MemoryStream causes exception
PREVIOUS BACKGROUND POST: I am trying to reuse a Memory Stream for loading and transforming the xml it contains Basically I have defined following interfaces: Class Render { // Memory stream declared inside class so that it is accessible by all the methods // It acts as the persistent storage for the life of the instance of the class // the point is to have one storage that can be Reloaded w new XML and re-used System.IO.MemoryStream xstream = new System.IO.MemoryStream (); //Constructor Render(...) { ..... //Save XmlDocument to a Memory Stream XmlDoc.Save(xstream); - Construct...

Post url in workflow
Is it possible to pass data from CRM to another form within CRM using a post url action in workflow? If so, please could someone give me the steps for doing this. I am trying to automate the creation of a billing address (by creating an address on the More Addresses) by copying the information that has already been entered into the primary address. Thus I already know both the source and destination fields, but I cannot see how to map the fields together. Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au Gill, You really wouldn't pass it to another form. Best bet would be to write a SDK cal...

Creating XML from SQL Server for econnect
Looking for anyone who has had experience creating xml documents that econnect can use. I would like to create them from a stored proc using SQL Server 2000. My company wants to use econnect to insert customers into GP. Looking for examples, tips or tricks. Thanks, Kent ...

Microsoft XML Diff/Patch -- how to output differences
Thanks to this newsgroup I've been pointed to Microsoft's XML Diff & Patch utilities. I've been reading about how I can use the tools to generate a diffgram between two XML documents, and how the XML Patch utility can (for example) bring document A in line with document B. Very cool. However, I was wondering if there's any way I can use the diffgram to generate something else; a third type of document that highlights the differences between the the input docs and is a little more readable than a diffgram would be ideal. Where I can see actual node names instead o...

How to remove xmlns attribute from XML document (.net)
I am relatively new to XML and C#. So, forgive me if this question is too newbie. :-) While assuming this is an easy programming task, I couldn't find a single reference anywhere for how to do it. Here is the situation: I am given an XML file like the one below from other group in my company to load the data into our database. <root xmlns="the-namespace"> .... data here... .... </root> The particular namespace may mean something to the people who generate the xml data schema and data files but nothing to us. Here is my code (we have a schema and a data files ...

The root element is missing when binding dataset to xml textreader
Hi, I am attempting to create a xml file to a memory stream the bind it to a dataset. I can write a physical file with no problem. However I recieve the following error when trying to bind it to a dataset: Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: The root element is missing. Here is my code: MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(); XmlTextWriter xmlWriter = new XmlTextWriter(ms, Encoding.UTF8); xmlWriter.WriteStartDocument(); xmlWriter.WriteStartElement("menu"); xmlWriter.WriteStartElement("menuItem"); xmlWriter.WriteElementString("text", "NewArticles&...

Post Scheduling
Hi, We have in our company a huge number of SOP transactions daily, and the posting for these transactions is a very big issue since it takes alot of time. and my question if there is any way to schedule the posting process to be at the down times (night). Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciated. First create a GPS macro to perform the desired steps. and then use the macro in a MS DOS Bat program. here is an example of a BAT file that includes a macro: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Great Plains\Dynamics.exe" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Busin...

Special characters in xml from dataset
Hi, When I write out my typed dataset to an xml file on disk, I can not open it in my browser, because my data contains characters like "ä","ë" and "é". Is there a way to solve this? Thanks, I. Demol How did you write it into disk? If you set the encoding correctly the serialisation should be able to create a valid XML file. -- Victor Hadianto http://synop.com/Products/SauceReader/ "I. Demol" <I. Demol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00965916-0B09-4606-A6E4-73286FFDBF37@microsoft.com... > Hi, > When I w...

Posting account is not set up for state tax
For some reason I am now getting this message when trying to run my payroll. "Posting account is not set up for state tax". This appears as a critical error on my check file report and it won't let me calcuate checks until this is fixed. I have state tax posting accounts set up as I have been running payroll on this program for the last 5 years without this error. How can this be resolved so I can run payroll? Go to tools-setup-posting-payroll accounts Change the drop down for the state taxes and make sure you either have an ALL ALL ALL, or a specific code in there for a t...

Reading through an XML string from an object[]
Okay, I had a previous post called reading an XML document. Since this post I have revised my code and got it to work. Now, Like Derek had mentioned in answer to my previous post, I am getting an XmlException. The error message is invalid date SEMICOLON expected at Line 1 Position 380. Derek you had said something about the UTF encoding attribute in the xml declaration, it is in fact UTF-8. So if this is my problem or what is causing the exception can you tell me how to get around this. Of course all help is highly appreciated. The code that follows is my C# code in the Test case that c...

Work orders didn't post to journal
We encountered a new problem last night. I closed and paid out 4 work orders: 3 in full, 1 partial. At closing we came up over so I started reviewing the journal entries. None of the work orders posted a journal entry. SO I went to another day and looked up a work order that was paid out and it had posted a journal entry. Under the accounts the work orders are posted as paid. It doesn't explain the overage or the work orders not posting as a journal entry. The computer hasn't been updated, nor anything in receipt formats changed. What could be going on? -- Elizabeth M. I was...

Unable to view XML spreadsheet in excel 2000
Hi I have a server side XML file that is formatted via a XSL and genrated as a Excel file. I am able to view the formatted report in Office exce 2002 and higher. But when I downloade the report in my office 2000 excel all i am able to see if only the xml lines of code that has the attributes etc of each row to be displayed but it is not renderred in the formate as it is in 2002 or higher. I understand that there is the XML support for 2002 and higher. Given that we have user who have only excel 2000 are there any other work around (like installing a service pack etc. or plug in ) to...

How to display HTML that is the data within and XML file.
Someone generates an XML file. The data in the file is HTML. She sends the file to me. I upload it to my site. A page on the site will extract the HTML and assign it to a Literal so it is displayed. The probem is that it is error prone for her not to see HTML in a browser. It would appear that she could develop the HTML in a HTML editor then cut and pasete into the XML. But I only showed one section - there are actually many sections in the file. And the HTML is usually quite simple. If she could just view it before sending it to me would be sufficient. Is there any way...

Best wa to Read, Write/Create XML-Files
Hello, I have to solve the following task: - create an editor-application in c# to read, modify and create xml-files - .xsd-schema-file is available and can be used Currently, I am thinking of the following way to do the job: - use xsd.exe to create basic c#-classes from xsd.file (modify these classes according to my particular needs) - read xml-file and create according object-hyrarchie with the classes (READ) - serialize the classes to create xml-file (WRITE) Is this a good way to do the job? Do you have better suggestions? Is it necessary to create static classes from the xsd-file (us...

How do you merge fields in a Publisher post card?
I am trying to print post cards to my students...4 per page. However, it seems I am only to insert or merge their names and addresses using Microsoft Word. My post cards in Publisher print 4 per page to the same student. When you merge postcards there can only be one card on the screen. If you are looking at print preview, it will reflect the same data on each card, this is a bug. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B C-ing 4 D Solution! �" <B C-ing 4 D Solution! �@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Checks will not post
We have a large (for us) check write that includes a number of vendors that have checks for zero dollars. There are approximately 900 of these vendors in this check write. When we attempt to print the checks we get an error message "Two checks within this batch have the same check number. Checks will not be printed" I've searched for this phrase in the Knowledge Base and come up empty handed. Any suggestions of how to get these items to "print"? Does the Edit List show no errors? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sarratt.Seminole.Tulsa" wrote: > We have ...