populate dropdown with xsl output

Can someone direct me how i can select a few key elements off my
multi-element input xml file and use the output xml to populate a dropdown in
ASP.NET page.  In addition, the page has to display all these key elements of
the selected row.  Thanks in advance.
--
bic

alt +e dropdown
With the latest version of Excel, when I press Alt, then e, I now have to hit ENTER to get the dropdown menu. How can I change this? When I press Alt, then f, I do get the dropdown menu without having to hit ENTER. What gives, and is there a solution. Thanks. Jim Jim, Do you have any custom menus or command bars? What you describe will happen if two controls share the same shortcut key. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jim" <jbeatty@mail.sdsu.edu> wrote in message news:331501c374d6$18ba6d00$a001280a@phx.gbl...

dropdown to filter records
I have a dropdown on the form and would like to filter records on the form chosen by users. It works for the filter, but I have issue when user leave it blank to have all recrods without filter. I tried to use [MyField] = [forms]![MyForm]![MyDropDown] or [forms]! [MyForm]![MyDropDown] is null in the form filter property which filter empty dataset. It seems the [MyForm]![MyDropDown] is null is true. I tried to my form bound to a query and query has the criteria base on the dropdown, but form failed to load, since the dropdown is not created. Any suggestions are appreciated, ...

POPULATE CELL
I NEED TO HAVE A DROP DOWN WINDOW IN CELL A1 TO POPULATE A LIST TO B1, B2,B3 AND B4 Please drop the CAPS and describe what you mean by "populate a list" What type of choices would you have in the A1 dropdown and how would that determine what goes into B1:B4 Where does(do) the B1:B4 list(s) originate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:02:01 -0800, ELBERT <ELBERT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I NEED TO HAVE A DROP DOWN WINDOW IN CELL A1 TO POPULATE A LIST TO B1, B2,B3 >AND B4 First, name the cells B1 to B4 : by selecting B1 to B4 and g...

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

xml/xslt, .net 2.0, whitespace, output to text file
I'm having a problem with line feeds in an xslcompiledtransform in .net 2.0. I'm trying to use xsl to transform xml to a text file that can be read on a Unix box. The problem is that when I insert a line feed, it always results in a carriage-return/linefeed - the Unix box does not like this. I've tried different encoding settings and using hex/dec/html values for line feed but the result is always CRLF as viewed in a hex editor. here's the code that pertains to my issue if anyone can help XSL Transformation code Dim fs As New IO.FileStream(f.FilePathWorkin...

Interpreting SP line numbers in TRACE 1204 output?
All: I'm troubleshooting a deadlock between SPs, and I'm seeing information in the 1204 log output that makes no sense: .... spid4 SPID: 61 ECID: 0 Statement Type: SELECT Line #: 53 .... spid4 Input Buf: RPC Event: le_insert_customer_$sp;1 Line 53 of that SP is up in the declarations of the SP parameters. How can there be a deadlock at that point? For the purposes of interpreting 1204 output, are there any special rules for determining which line number in the SP the log is actually referring to? Do you start counting from the CREATE PROC line? Or the...

Not all SFO Contacts are getting Account Field Populated
Everyone, I have a number of SFO and all of them are getting about 10 - 20 % of their contacts sync'ed without the Account field populated. They have sharing rights assigned to them either by Group or individually. Interestingly, though, the VP and CEO, when they sync the entire list only get less than 1% without account field populated. Basically no problems with them. It appears to be a permissions issue, but I can't seem to find where they lacking any rights. Anyone have any ideas? I am desperate to get this resolved, VP is breathing down my neck. Thanks, Brian Corbet ...

XSLT Transform in .net, xsl:element attributes not generated
Hi all, Just wonder anyone have encountered this problem before?= I tried using XMLSPY debugger and I can get the correct output= for my XSLT transformation, however in =2Enet, after= transformation the attributes I put inside xsl:element tag= cannot be generated=2E Part of the XML data: <?xml version=3D"1=2E0" encoding=3D"utf-8"?> <receipients> =09<receipient> =09=09=2E=2E=2E =09=09<ServerUrl>http://win2003p2/</ServerUrl> =09=09<SubmissionUrl>http://win2003p2/online+feedback=2Ehtm</Submission= Url> =09=09=2E=2E=2E =09</rece...

Help with Populating StringMap table
I have a user request that I'm sure is made with some frequency, so I'd like to see if anyone lse has solved a similar probelm, and/or if my solution might work. My users requested that we replace the State/Province text box with a State drop-down list. Since this textbox appears in several places, and since the tools for populating and maintaining picklist are poor (to be generous), I decided to look into automating the process. I created a stagin database for just such things, with a mirror stringmap table. Through a query, I can populate the CRM stringmap table quite easily, with ...

Populating appropirate account in look up box when selecting contact
Hi There, I wonder anyone can point me in the right direction can help out there. We have a CRM Case form where it has Customer lookup field (Regarding lookup for Account/Contacts) and also Responsible contact lookup field (lookup for Contact records). What we want happen is as soon as Responsible contact is selected from a lookup, automatic population of appropirate Account in Customer look up field. We believe it should be possible because contacts in the system are already linked to Account records any help is much appreciated. cheers Kyaw Hi Kyaw, You will need to write a ...

Automatic color for output of a =sum action
I am building a chart that has something like =SUM(AK1:AK38) with the results on AK39, I need to compare the results of AK39 to the number in AK40. 39 is going to be my "Actual" and I need that compared to 40 which is my "Target". I would also like for the number in 39 to be red if it is less than 40 and green if it is =>. If it can't be done... I can keep going in and changing the font color, but takes too much time. Thanks, Andy If it's a cell value, look into conditional formatting. Here are a couple links: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat0...

Can I populate a control with the record number?
I have a number control on a form. I want this to be automatically populated with the record number and save the value in the field that is the source of the control. How do I do this? Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 hi Tony, On 19.02.2010 14:11, TonyWilliams via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a number control on a form. I want this to be automatically populated > with the record num...

Resolution & Size output options
When I use Save As on an object and select any of the bitmap formats (bmp, jpg, gif), I am given an Output Options panel. At the bottom of that panel, there are two options: Resolution and Size. Both of them offer the same suboptions: Screen, Printer, Source, and Custom. The Custom suboption also has a pair of dimensions. These dimensions are changed by selecting the Screen, Printer, & Source suboptions, but greyed out. Can someone explain exactly what these options do? I have 2 objects in a Visio document. One was cut-and-pasted from a musical notation program via the clipboard usi...

Subform
I'm having a problem loading data in a subform. The fields in the subform and main form are not bound. I'm using MSAccess 2007 I put VBA code in the "On Load" event of the subform to get records from a table and populate the fields on the subform after the main form is opened from a previous form but I'm getting the message: " MSAccess can't find the form referenced in the VBA code" (referring to the subform, mysubform) . As a test, I put the code to populate the subform (including, as the first line of the code, "DoCmd...

Auto-Populate Date
I need some help. I want to write a formula that will auto-populate cell A2 (for example) with the date when cell A3 (for example) has data entered in to it. Also, I would like cell A2 to remain blank if no data is in cell A3. Could someone please let me know how this can be done? Thank you, Rob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Robs Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Range("a3"), Target) Is Nothing Then If Target <> "" Then Target.Offset(-1, 0).Value = Format(Now, "...

CODE for EXCEL output not executing in access
Hello, MS Access/Excel 2003 on XP PRO. I have a subroutine that outputs a query to an excel file and then formats it automatically, and everything works, I get no compile errors, except for one little failure. when I execute the line with the > in front of it is the problem. With obj_excel 'Excel application 'whole bunch of stuff in here With .activesheet.PageSetup > .PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1" 'plus other end with 'whole bunch of stuff in here end with this line does not happen. It executes, moves to the nex...

How to create a dropdown list that populates with another list
Hello, let's say in a column, I have the following colors: red yellow blue green orange Then, for every cell in another column, I'd like a dropdown list to be available with those 5 colors available to be selected, and you can select only one. You select the color, and then the cell gets populated. I've seen this done, but I just can't figure out how to do it myself despite numerous searches. Any assistance would be appreciated. On Nov 15, 1:49=A0pm, eggman2001 <sod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, let's say in a column, I have the following colors: > red > ...

populating mulitple worksheets
I have a book that has 4 sheets in it. Master, DEAD, WON, PENDING. In the master sheet there is a list of sales opportunites, and as the name sugests its a master list regardless of status. There is one column named status that would be DEAD WON, or PENDING. (you might guess where i am going with this) I would like after populating the master file the correct sheet to be automatically populated based on the status. Or is a status changes then auto populate the correct sheet and delete from the sheet it no longer fits into. I'm sure there is some sort of macro but I can't figure it out...

Drawing a different ComboxBox Dropdown button.
Has anyone ever done this? I have overloaded the DrawItem and draw a different button, but I keep getting 3 Paint events for each mouse move when the cursor is over the Combobox... This causes the button to flutter. Any ideas how to solve this? Golum256, Getting that many paint, you might want to look at the code for the rest of the control, do you have any mouse-move handling that invalidates the control, for example? You might also want to double-buffer the drawing of the item - that is, draw to a memory CDC and blit the complete line in one operation. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekani...

Append Query Error "Duplicate Output Destination"
Hello, I have inherited a large, complex database. It worked okay until our server went down. Now that it is on a new server, I had to change the file paths for the tables (done) And change the path in the append query (done) I am down to the last problem. When I run the append query I get this error: "Duplicate Output Destination 'Date'." Any ideas? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:31:03 -0800, billkill <billkill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >I have inherited a large, complex database. >It worked okay until our server went down. >Now that it is on a ...

DTDs and xsl transforming
I am getting the following message when I try to transform an xml file that specifies a DTD. I know how to allow DTDs when using an xmlreader, but not when using the xsl transform. Can someone enlighten me, please. System.Xml.XmlException was unhandled Message="For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the ProhibitDtd property on XmlReaderSettings to false and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method." 'Now transform it with xsl 'Load the style sheet. Dim xslt As New XslCompiledTransform() xslt.Load("vendor.xs...

Command button to populate field automatically
Hi, I would like a command button on my switchboard to open a form and automatically populate a field with the next available number. The field is called "Client_Number" and the format is QN5001, QN5002, QN5003 etc. Therefore, when a user clicks the command button, in this instance, I would like the "Client_Number" field populated with QN5004. Is there a way to do this? Thanking you in advance. Gillian, An easier method would be to have a numeric field for just the number portion, and another field to hold the final value. (ex. [Counter] and [TransID]) Use...

Query Output
Help, I am working with make table queries. I have a A make table query and a B make table query each with various information that the query has preformed. I am trying to get the following output into a text file. A Make Table Information B Make Table Information A Make Table Information B Make Table Information etc. There are over 300 items in each table. Each A Corresponds with a B. I need to keep the 2 records separate for where i have to upload them. I tried having a common identifier for the two tables and creating a big query with all the information on, but i ...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

output to or transfer text
Hi, i have got a query which is filtered, then i have a macro to output the query to a text file (to import into another programme) it needs to be comma seperated and no headers. if i do it manually no problems at all if i do it via 'output to' i cant get the right format (headers and commas) if i do it transfer text i get a read only error and not beyond that point can anyone help. it needs to be progmatically for the end user. thanks once again richard ...