Passing XML via linked server

When I execute the following stored procedure it should return XML output.

EXEC SALES.customer_db.dbo.spILD_homepage_sel '<homepage catid="777">
 <billingcustid>777</billingcustid>
</homepage>'

It works fine on the SALES (local) server.  I get something like:

XML_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-00805F49916B
<status>Invalid homepage info specified.</status>

But when I call it from the BILLING server (where SALES is set up as a
linked server),  I get hexidecimal output like:

XML_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-00805F49916B
    0x44004406730074006100740075007300010241....

How can I get XML output from a linked server?

Thanks
Dave

0
dave2365 (2)

Multiple SMTP Virtual Servers
I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail outside of our exchange installation. I can setup a virtual server and test it, but I want to know if I can seperate out the mailroot directory from the default server mailroot directory. I have seen the articles on moving the default directory to gain speed, but nothing regarding having two seperate mailroot directories. Thank you, Curtis <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to setup a seperate Virtual Server for sending outbound mail >outside of our exchange installation. I ...

Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies
Hello, I’m looking to purchase a copy of Windows 2008 Server. There are packaged deals: 1 - Windows SBS Standard 2008 Eng 5 Client 2 - Windows SBS Prm 2008 Eng 5 Client- 2 DVD Number 2 - Windows SBS Prm 2008 Eng 5 Client- 2 DVD 0 says it comes with Windows 2008 Server. Number 1 - Windows SBS Standard 2008 Eng 5 Client – says it comes with Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies. I have looked many times for a detailed description of “Windows Server 2008 Standard Technologies” is, but it is only listed as being included, but nothing that tells exactly what it is or does...

Can't send a link from IE 6
Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. Something really simple I'll bet, but I have looked thru the help files and have not hit on it yet. Thanks for any guidance ... John Patch <fred@hotmail.com> wrote: > Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a > page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. How do you know you can't send it? -- Brian Tillman Usually when the you try and send a link, a Outlook form comes up over the IE screen jus...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

Can't send via Outlook 2000
Hi folks - I'd appreciate your help. All of a sudden, with no changes on my part, I cannot send via Outlook 2000. I can receive (I use netaddress.com for incoming), but I can't send out (I use outgoing.verizon.net). I have a DSL connection. Verizon says all is fine on their end and with my set up. My anti-virus is current and has no issues. The emails I send stay in my outbox, and it keeps attempting to send them. Error messages vary, but they are usually of the gist that the TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server (outgoing.verizon.net). Any insigh...

Find and Replace within an XML file
I was wondering if there is a simple method of replacing characters within the xml document. I'm looking at writing a Biztalk Pipeline that escapes illegal characters before they are processed by a HL7 assembler. I.E. replace all instances of &amp; or & with \T\ . I thought about converting to a string and using the replace function, but that would mean knownig all the HTML codes for characters (as the escape characters are to be dynamically chosen by the user). Where as I could via xpath ??? replace all instances of the original character such as &. Hope it makes sen...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

How to Read/Write ADO.NET DataSet XML file without .Net runtime in VC6/VB6?
The ADO.NET DataSet XML file is used in our system, But I want use VC6/VB6 to Read and Write the XML data file, Where can find the C++/MFC/ActiveX tools for VC6/VB6? thanks! http://gnonug.xocomp.net/Support/FAQ/551.aspx Transform ADO.NET DataSet to ADO Recordset Best Regards Onega www.fruitfruit.com "jiatiejun" <jiatiejun@126.com> wrote in message news:#m8vcOa2DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > The ADO.NET DataSet XML file is used in our system, > > But I want use VC6/VB6 to Read and Write the XML data file, > > Where can find the C++/MFC/ActiveX tools f...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Link to external workbook
I want to change a formula linking to a cell in a workbook on another server so that the server name is used rather than the drive mapping. I have tried the following but I keep getting 'File Not Found': '\\Server Name:\Drive Name\...... (instead of 'G:\..... Please advise. -- R Ormerod \\Server Name:\Drive Name\ Doesn't look like a valid format... I think I'd use windows start button|run type in \\servername and point and click down the paths to find the correct workbook. If you turn "View|toolbars|address bar", then you may be able to see the path...

Link for downloading online statements not visible Mon 2k3
On my financial institution's(TCF Bank) website, there are instructions for downloading online statements that refer to a link on the BALANCES page for MS Money. The problem is that the link apparently doesn't show up in my version (MS Money 2003 ver. 11). I spent some time on the phone with TCF's customer support and frustratingly tried to argue that there was no link to click on to download my statement both in Money and in Internet Explorer. Therefore I thought it was a problem with their website. However, they say that they recently updated their system to automat...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

Transposing Links
I'm trying to link one file to another and copy the information. One file lists the info in a column, the other in a row, and I want to be able to drag (copy and paste) the linked info across the row (from the column) in my new file. Is this possible Thanks for your help. I don't think you can do a drag. What you can do is copy the column and do a paste special->transpose. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to link one file to another and copy the information. One file lists the info in a column, the other in a row, and I want to be able to drag (copy and p...

MSPersisted XML ...
I have an ADO Persisted XML file. I have a couple of XML files, 1) containes single Schemas in it and I can load this perfectly using MSPersist 2) Containes multiple Schemas and when I try to load this, ADO only sees the first schema. How do I handle an XML file with multiple schemas ? What is the best way to read this in VB.NET or C# ? Are there any examples please ? Thanks, Michael ...

Tracing Links #2
Frank, That tells me what file I am linking to, but what I want to identify i which cell in my current worksheet is linked to these externa worksheets, as I cannot find a reference to the external documen anywhere in my current workbook. The reason I ask is that I am trying to avoid the "Do you wish t update links" message when opening my file. Regards, Stev -- Stephen Pai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stephen Pain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Xml into Dataset #2

Trouble Reading XML string
I have a method that generates an string in XML format and passes it to be processed. The string is in the following format: <grandparent> <parent> <child1>text</child1> <child2>text again</child2> </parent> <aunt> <cousin1>text</cousin1> <cousin2>text2</cousin2> <cousin3>text4</cousin3> </aunt> </grandparent> string xmlInput = <values above> XPathDocument xpDoc = new XPathDocument(new StringReader(xmlInput)); XPathNavigator xpNav = xpD...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

The opertion failed. An object could not be found
Hello, Outlook 2003, XPSP2 When I click on an email link (on a web page for example) I get the above mentioned error message and nothing happens. Could this have happened after importing saved settings from the same machine (after a reformat/reinstall)? After doing this, I had an error where outlook was looking for Outlookmail.FQDN.com-00000012.pst (could not be found). I don't use PST files, but rather an connected to Exchange - even though I have 2 POP3 accounts configured in Outlook. This happens on 2 machines on which I have imported settings. No other user on these machin...