Open Publish 2007 - Keynote Speakers Announced

CONFERENCE PROGRAM AND KEYNOTE PRESENTERS HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED FOR
OPEN PUBLISH 2007.
http://www.open-conferences.com/baltimore/sched-at-a-glance.html

Open Publish 2007, bringing together professionals from both
commercial and enterprise publishing environments to share and
exchange industry challenges and solutions. Key topics discussed will
be authoring tools and approaches, publishing standards initiatives,
single-sourcing data, and content management.
March 7-9, 2007, Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland

Keynote speakers at this year's event include:

Michael Wash, Chief Technical Officer, US Government Printing Office
Paul Jensen, Vice President, Content and Platform Management, Wolters-
Kluwer
Andrew Pate, Vice President of Business Development, Lulu.com
The conference program will discuss key publishing issues including:

Authoring tools and processes
Content management tools
Publishing system implementations
DITA
XML and related standards
 Database publishing
XQuery
Legislative Authoring
Interoperability
.... and much more

A complete schedule and registration information is available at
http://www.open-conferences.com/baltimore

Sponsorship and tabletop exhibit opportunities are also
available.http://www.open-conferences.com/baltimore/
exhibitors_info.html. Tabletop booths only $1,500.

Open Publish is proudly presented by Allette Systems and aXtive
minds.
Please contact manager@open-conferences.com for additional information.

0
tsbosse (2)

Print Document as .tif missing Word 2007
Hi - I am using Word 2007 which is part of Office 2007 Professional. I had been using Office 2007 Pro on XP SP3. When I wanted to print a document, I had the option of printing it as an image (.tif) in the printer options. Please note that this option was in the printer options and not in the Word 2007 printing options. I am now using Windows 7 Professional (32 bit), and I no longer have the 'print as .tif' option in Word 2007. Question: I do I enable this option? Thanks Joe If you have not already done so you need to re-run Office setup and install Mi...

windows mail and publisher 2007
I have just loaded Publisher 2007, I have set Windows mail as the default e-mail, running Vista. When I try to use the e-mail feature on Publisher it keeps saying I need to Install Outlook and set as default. Outlook is not on Vista just Windows mail. You need Outlook 2007, not Windows Mail. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "HL" <HL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F5D9ABC-658E-4E0B-B2FC-9F16216764D6@microsoft.com... >I have just loaded Publisher 2007, I have set Windows m...

Can an excel hyperlink open a outlook folder?
Can an excel hyperlink open a outlook folder? If so, how is this done? can make it open outlook, but not individual folders. Lan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Lane I don't think so. You could use the FollowHyperlink event to switch to the right folder. Here's an example that opens the calendar: http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olCalendar.htm#Showing_the_Calendar -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com "Lane >" <<Lane.152pbx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Lane.152pbx@excelforum-...

Database argument in Excel 2007
Please tell me what the [#all] qualifier means when it is included as part of the table name in the database argument (such as dsum) in Excel 2007. Thanks for your assistance. -- I Teach ...

publisher 2003 will not print multiple copies of epson RX640?
Publisher 2000 and 2003 will not print multiple copies:- I have both Publisher 2000 and Publisher 2003 on my computer, programmes I use a great deal, without problems until now. I have recently purchased a new EpsonStylus Photo RX640, unfortunately neither of my publisher programmes will print more than one copy from any file no matter how many copies are entered in the number box. I don't have any problem with my other Epson printer (D 88) Can anyone help please? I have been in contact with Epson but as the printer operates fine with other Microsoft programmes they say it is...

from outlook 2007 no access to url's inbedded in emails
when I open outlook 2007, i get my emails, but I cannot access url's or links imbedded in those emails http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm jargmczr wrote: > when I open outlook 2007, i get my emails, but I cannot access url's or links > imbedded in those emails ...

I am having problems with line spacing in Publisher.
I am having a problem with Publisher 2003 and the spacing of the last lines of paragraphs. I am using a catalogue template to produce a "facebook" of people and information about them. At every last paragraph line, there is about 1/3 to 1/2 of an extra line's worth of space. The rest of the paragraph is fine; only the last line does this. I have tried, in the "Style and Formatting" box, checking the "Widow and Orphan Control" item, as well as the "Keep lines together" item. It doesn't seem to work. The style that I am using is "Accent ...

Access 2007 installs every time
Hello. I downloaded the trial version of Access 2007 and now it seems to be installing itself every time I open it. This takes half an hour or so. How can I stop this installation from occurring every time I open it? Robert ...

Word/Excel/PowerPoint 2007 all crashing on startup under Windows 7 HP
These apps will start only in Safe Mode, when they can see the default printer. Word reports a problem with Normal.dotm. Access 2007 is OK. Just selecting C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates crashes Explorer, so looks like it is corrupted. How can I restore it, if I cannot even select it? Should I reinstall MS Office? you can try holding down the ctrl key as you click the executable shortcut and see if this helps. -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of t...

Opening Outlook 2002 twice
Is it possible to have Outlook 2002 running twice, a collegue of min has said outlook 97, could have two instances running, which I can' confirm, but by default you cant have two or more running at once i outlook 2002. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any hel ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I load Publisher 95 pages into Publisher 97?
Hi -- I hope someone can help. I created a web page using Publisher 95, but unfortuneately lost the programme in a hard disc crash, though not the data files. Now I have installed Publisher 97. Everything works fine, except that it refuses to load my old pub files. "Cannot load files from an older version" it tells me. Is there anything I can do about this, or do I have to go back to the drawing board and create the web page all over again? Len ...

Can you make a conversion of a publisher into a word document?
Can you make a conversion of a publisher into a word document? I made an ad on publisher and the agency is unable to open it. Can i convert it into a word document for her to open it? A PDF maybe a better solution, it will retain your formatting. There are free converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=free+pdf+converter Have your tried a copy/paste with Word, sometimes if the Publisher document isn't too complex it will copy over okay. Group all your objects first. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews....

How can I change the color of the clipboard in Publisher 2007
When I open up a new page in Publisher the surrounding colour is an aweful pink. How can I change this to blue which is better for my eyes. Thank you Bev Look at the Accessibility options in the Control Panel. Disable high contrast. In Vista the folder is Ease of Access Center. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "olerocker" <olerocker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBE440C4-6F85-4D22-AD30-E92CD5EDE531@microsoft.com... > When I open up a new page in Publisher the surrounding colour is an aweful > pink. How can I change this to blue which is ...

Help me determine if I should purchase Publisher
Our firm is currently running the 30 day trial on microsoft publisher and is attempting to determine if it will benefit us to purchase the program to replace the current program we are working on. I am the point person for this project and would like to work with someone to compare/contrast what we currently work from and help me determine sufficient data for the change. From the work I have been doing with our trial version I do believe it will benefit our firm to make the switch but would like to discuss detail regarding current templates, etc. is there any live person i can discus...

Can the default text box font be changed? pub 2007
Can anybody please tell me (& how to do it) if it is possible to change from Roman to Arial size 11 as the pemanent default for ''text boxes''........Thanks Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David, Hungerford, u.k." <DavidHungerforduk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4366E9A3-4475-4AB3-A3AC-FA67877D1781@microsoft.com... > Can anybody please tell me (& how to do it) if it is possible to change from > Roman to Ari...

publisher 2000 #15
problems with overlapping gif files not working Not working on a web page? Not working how? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F15E639E-E18A-4802-8E65-B1813D4E7748@microsoft.com... > problems with overlapping gif files not working steve wrote: > problems with overlapping gif files not working That is a statement. Do you have a question you wish answered? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from C...

Opening any Calendar item freezes Outlook
I have just moved from the UK to the US, and now when I try to open any calendar item, Outlook freezes. I thought that my Outlook installation had got corrupted during the move, so I repaired and then reinstalled Outlook, but to no avail. So then I thought that it must be the PST file, so I restored an old OUTLOOK.PST file which I know worked before we left the UK, but this fails now too. So if it's not the software, and not the PST data file, what else could it be? acfer PS. I canot open, move or delete any caledar item Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using W...

Emailing Publisher 2003 with Outlook 2002
Since I use Outlook 2002 I don't see an option to Preview Email when creating an email-type publication. Is it possible and how can I email this email publication with Outlook 2002? That is, is it possible to open the publication outside of Publisher 2003 for emailing? Thank you. In news:267D7BCD-779A-4190-B613-B9ED2A381B97@microsoft.com, Dima <Dima@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: || Since I use Outlook 2002 I don't see an option to Preview Email || when creating an email-type publication. || || Is it possible and how can I email this email publication with || Outlook ...

Word Wrap in Outlook 2007
When I create or respond to an e-mail message in Outlook 2007 (Default is HTML), the words do not wrap properly. The lines break at a fixed number of characters (depending upon window width) splitting words into fragments. Example: "...characters in avery long line..." may normally be split at a space, however the current version would split the same sentence as follows: "...charac ters in avery long line..." I have looked in the style, but can not find a way to turn on the word wrap. Any ideas on how to correct this? -- Thank you, John Gregory Perh...

Strange Delivery Receipts with Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2007
I have just installed Exchange 2007 and I am receiving delivery reports in some form of chinese text in outlook 2002; ????????????????????????????????.???????????????????????????????????????????? Anyone have an idea how to resolve ? Thanks in advance, Morley Do you have a Cisco PIX firewall? If so, disable the Mailguard feature. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Morley Lee" <morleyl@netsys-tech.com> wrote in message news:%23nohBSNDIHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have just installed Exchange 2007 and ...

How do I add two websites to a Outlook 2007 contact ?
For some reason the Outlook 2007 contacts only lets you add one website and multi email addresses. I have three address that I would like to add but can find no easy way of doing it? "Knight" <KnightCrawler@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1188890615.532369.92500@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > For some reason the Outlook 2007 contacts only lets you add one > website and multi email addresses. I have three address that I would > like to add but can find no easy way of doing it? Just type the address in leaving a space between each one.... On Sep 4, 2:27 am, ...

cant open or save attachments
Hi Guys Reloaded GP after the user had been given a new machine. The program is running fine, yet within Call Centre any old records with messages or attachments cant be opened. error message reads, "the file xxx.msg could not be found on any specified file system " I cant see anywhere obvious to fix this Thanks in Advance Dickieboy ...

Opening a file in its relevant app
Hi I have a field with the full path and name of a document. How can I have the document open in its associated application; word, excel etc when user double clicks on the field? Thanks Regards "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >I have a field with the full path and name of a document. How can I have the >document open in its associated application; word, excel etc when user >double clicks on the field? See API: Start an app with ShellExecute (Q) How do I start the application which is registered to handle a file extension in Win Registry? http:...

Open Workbooks using a for loop
Hi everyone, Thanks in advance for the help. I am sure this is an easy loop, but I can't seem to get it to work, and I think I have it set up erroneously. I am essentially trying to loop through all csv files in a given directory, and open them if the last part of their name = "Test" for example. I started with the following code, but I think my problem is in establishing the filepath. Public Sub LoadWorksheets() Dim wk as Workbook Dim cur_sheet as Worksheet Dim folder folder = "T:\TestFolder\" '//I think this is the problem For each wk in folder If Mid...

outlook 2007 unable to do edit after type the message
after typing the email message, I am unable to use the mouse to select the text I tyed. It is like the text is in a non-editable mode. Same goes to the Word. Can anyone help? ...