New to XML. How to interface.

Hi,

I am new to XML and have done the TempConvert walkthrough with success.  My
goal is to interface with data from a 3rd party provider I am affiliated
with.  When I try to set up as web service with the URL I have I get a
response that elements are missing so I assume there is no "discovery"
..disco or .wsdl available for this XML source.

I have documentation for all the elements for a request and the url.  The
provider says it has to be text using HTTP POST.  How do I make the request
from ASP and put the results on a page or a dataset.  (It should be only one
row of data).  I have seen the dataset.ReadXML() but am not sure how to
construct the request with all the request elements.  (about 10 elements are
required in the request)

Any example or link to something similar would be appreciated.  All I have
been able to find in the Help is "web services" examples.

Bob T

0
twick10 (3)

Slightly OT: Anyone ever used the IDiscMaster interface?
I am getting "class not registered" errors on CoCreateInstance even though the service is up and running on my machine, and I have the Platform SDK (ergo, "Imapi.h" where the CLSIDs are defined.) 'lil help? WTH Doh, guess what? LOL, IMAPI runs as a local server executable. So, if you want to use it, specify LOCAL_SERVER instead of INPROC_SERVER... Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. WTH "WTH" <ih8spam@spamtrap.com> wrote in message news:OsU3sorsDHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am getting "class not registered" err...

OL2007 CURSOR LOCATION: Replies to Emails or Opening New Emails
Whenever I hit "Reply", "Forward" or "New" emails, I cannot determine where my cursor location defaults to. It used to be on "Reply", it would land in the text entry area. Now there is no blinking cursor, and I need to manually click in an area to either add a name, or to start typing text. Is there any setting that I can use to "reset" the cursor location? I've discovered that on the Reply emails, the "cursor" will land on the Send Button...but not consistently "BirdMan" wrote: > Whenever I hit...

new user #2
Can I import yahoo mail to MS Outlook? I have the same problem. I upgraded my Yahoo account, so I can connect to it with Outlook2003. Then the connection was successful, but nothing happened. Could someone please help us! Thank you very much!!! -Ray. ...

Create a XML
I'm creating my first XML file with .NET Framework and I have a problem. With this code : Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.LoadXml("<gpx version=""1.0"" creator=""WISoul http://www.opigi.com""></gpx>") doc.Save(Console.Out) I obtain in the console the following output : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?> <gpx version="1.0" creator="WISoul http://www.opigi.com"> </gpx> but if I try to write this resuly in a file with the code Dim doc As New XmlDocument doc.Lo...

Searching using new google
I used to be able to search microsoft.public.excel and all of the 'sub' newsgroups, very handy as many topics cross-over to different categories. I can't work out how to do this with the new google groups - anyone know if it's still possible? Using this link still works: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* In article <1102791711.728029.182820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "Mike" <ajnmx@hotmail.com> wrote: > I used to be able to search microsoft.public.excel and all of the 'sub' > newsgroups, very handy...

pos terminal interfaced to ecommerce gateway?
Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web page where customer inputs his /here card data...) perhaps smth similar to http://www.verifone.com/payment-software/payware-link.aspx (looks like not officially EMV certified,though maybe does not have to be) On Oct 28, 7:48=A0am, "j_sl...@hotmail.com" <j_sl...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data > from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web -> page whe...

Outlook 2003 new installation
Just completed loading MS Office 2003 on Windows 2000. Everything worked fine until I tried to send an email, when the following message appeared: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)." Searching the Microsoft Knowledge Base yielded no information (that I can find). Can anyone help? ...

new AD but old Exchange
Okay, I was forced to recreate my AD after my DC kicked the bucket and my backups of that box decided to die at the same time :( So bye bye original AD. How can I get my Exchange server to magically exist in the new AD I've created. (I've yet to tackle this, still patching my new DC). Logically I think I'll have to setup a new exchange install and restore mailboxes/PF's from my last backup which is 4 days ago (Friday, since old DC died on Monday Night) Any advise is welcomed, thanxs! Hi You need to create new exchange server…. If you have the same AD FQDN it is very e...

New install, exchange 2003 or 2007?
Our school district currently uses Novell products in our server closet including Groupwise with about 550 mailboxes. We have made the decision to jump to Microsoft products including Exchange. We will be installing Exchange this winter on brand new hardware and start to migrate users early summer. We will also be installing Office 2007 (including Outlook 2007) on all machines before migrating users from Groupwise to Exchange. Which version of Exchange should we install, 2003 or 2007? I know there are advantages and disadvantages both ways. 2003 - more mature with several service packs and s...

Integration not working after new field to Payables Transaction En
We customized the Payables Transaction Entry by adding a field to it and now Integration Manager does not work if the modified window is selected in alternate/modified forms and reports. If instead, the original window is selected, the integration works fine. What can we do to make Integration Manager work with the modified version of Payables Transaction Entry? Thanks, -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Chicago, IL USA Hi Hector, It's quite a few years back that I used Integration Manager, but I think you can...

Determining when user adds new records
I have a form that allows adding new records. I want to set a few controls to particular values (based on user ID and location) when the new record is first displayed. Can I trap the new record addition anywhere? I don't think you can trap it per se. but you can set a timestamp when the new record is created, and by whom. Use the Current event: Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord = True Then Me.txtTimeStamp = Now Me.txtUser = fOSUserName() End If End Sub The fOSUserName function is here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm -- Ar...

Can a previously archived folder accept new emails via drag and drop?
Can someone confirm for me that this really works. I archived my old email via the traditional way and have subsequently just dragged and dropped some new emails into the archive folder. Do this subsequent and one-by-one approach work so that those dragged emails are now off the server and on my c drive in the archive pst file? Please confirm if you know. Thanks Confirm if we know what? You have provided no information with your post. We don't know your Outlook version, we don't know your transport type, we don't know what you mean by "via the traditional way,&q...

Why does IE always open minimized windows when opening a new window?
When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds before the new window appears. Why can't IE not open a new window without maximizing some other window at the same time? Is there a solution to this problem? Kathy -- scrimaglia Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com scrimaglia wrote: > When I minimize a window, to refer to later, and then open another > window, the minimized window opens to full screen for a few seconds > before the new window appears. Why can't IE not ...

Queue Service And New Exchange Service
CRM 3, W2003, SQL 2K, Exchange Server 2003-Enterprise CRM installed on ExServer01 (CRM Router Not installed). Recently (past 2 or 3 weeks) our IT guys setup and began using a new Exchange Server - ExServer02. ExServer01, is still operational but not for long. This is a follow post (Thanks to Dave Ireland for the prompt reply on first issue.) regarding switching CRM to another Exchange Server and the Queue Service. Found out our Help Desk is actually using the CRM Queue so am assuming we need to get the Queue Service running on the new server. How do we do that? Thanks y'all -- ...

with new print server, excel running slow intermittently
Ever since a new new network print server was put on-line, my Excel intermittently goes very very slow. You have to wait just deleting a line. The tech department states that Excel is on my computer, so this could not be the problem, but it never did it before, and is happening to others in the organization. Any ideas out there? Can you try a test. Add a new printer and tell windows it's on LPT1 (local). (It doesn't have to really exist.) Then see how excel reacts when that's your default printer. If it's still slow, then IT wins. If it's ok, then woohoo, time to ...

pivot table
When I add data to my excel spreadsheet and update my pivot table with the new cell range, the new data is automaticlly selected in the drop down feilds in the pivot table. Is their any way to have the pivot table update but leave my orginal selections in place. For example here is a very simple senario: My orginal data has 10 cost centers, I only select five of them when making my pivot table report. I update my data with an additional 7 cost centers. When I update the pivot table the orginal 5 cost centers are still selected but the new 7 cost centers are also selected. I want t...

Turn off Outlook creating a new version when an E-mail is edited
In my Outlook 2003, whenever I edit and save an E-mail, say to remove a large attachment after copying it to my hard drive, it creates a new version of the E-mail instead of changing the original. How can I turn this of? I think I'm seeing the same issue...I keep my deleted items folder empty on a pretty regular basis but I continually find "ghost" email records and other items that don't have anything on them. Is this what you are experiencing as well? (odd about the screen names ) {:0) "Craigster" wrote: > In my Outlook 2003, whenever I edit ...

Unable to add email account to new users or old users
I have tried to add new users with new email accounts. The user account is created but does not add a email account. The exchange tabs show up but there is no information in them I have also used the exchange wizard to add a email account to current domain user. The wizard says works BUT when check the properties on the user is show no email account under the exchange tab. -- Donovan Please use my new email account at donovan@nglm.com Pls check this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317654 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Donovan Ellis" <donovan@nglm.com>...

xml-export in vb.net
hello NG i try to create a little generic vb.net function for exporting access-tables to xml-files. ---===>>> CUT IN <<<===--- Function fncXmlExport(ByVal strDBpath As String, ByVal strTableName As String, ByVal strXmlFileName As String) Dim objDataSet As New System.Data.DataSet Dim objXmlDocument As New System.Xml.XmlDocument Dim objCmd As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter Dim objCon As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection Dim strCon As String strCon = "provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; data source=" & strDBpath objCon = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDb...

New Message Placed in Outbox, but not italicized for Sending
When I create a "new message" and click send, the message is placed in the Outbox but is not italicized and therefore won't send. I have to open the message in the Outbox and reclick send before it appears italicized and will send. Thanks for anyone's help Look for a 3rd party addin that is trying to work with mail items. (e.g. ICQ used to install an addin into Outlook that would do exactly what you describe. The addin was found under tools | options | other | advanced options | com addins.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account ...

SaveAs in VBA or through interface extremely laggy
I am finding that excel seems to hang for 60-120 seconds after starting to write the temp file (2k of it gets written) then a long pause, then it does continue and complete saving. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this lag? (the file is very small only 10 MB) Thanks in advance, Scott You call a workbook that is 10M small??? I don't know if the problem is with the workbook, the operating system, or a virus cheker that may be causing the problem. 1) Are you saving the workbook as XLS? 2) Are you saving the file to a network location? 3) What t...

New User Setup
Hi, I am looking at getting outlook 2003 with exchange 2003 (running on 2003 R2 server) and we would like to have outlook automatically populate the exchange settings for each user when they logon. What options do i have with this? Is profgen the only option? Thanks The last version ProfGen worked with was Outlook 2000. Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured = format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create = or modify a mail profile. You can create such .prf files with the Custom = Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard...

"no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook" ? is problem
When I am working on my charts and select source data this error comes up "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbokk", what's the problem and how can I fix it thanks for you help!!!!!!! Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's page on Font problems. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html Cheers Andy Clopez wrote: > When I am working on my charts and select source data this error comes up > "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbokk", what's the problem and > how can I fix it > > > thanks for you help!!!!!!! > ...

forwarding emails from exchange 5.5 server to new exch 2003 server
Is there a way to setup exchange 5.5 to forward incoming emails to the new exchange 2003 server for those mailboxes that have already been moved to the new server? I am trying to gradually implement exchange 2003 but don't want to have any down time for users in the process of moving. Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >Is there a way to setup exchange 5.5 to forward incoming emails to the >new exchange 2003 server for those mailboxes that have already been >moved to the new server? I am trying to gradually implement exchange >2003 but don't want to ha...