MSXML2 to Load xml document using ISO-8859-1 encoding

HI
My application connects to the UPS server which returns an ISO-8859-1 encoded XML response. I need a part of this response, ie. the AccessLicenseAgreement , which i need to display in my application and then return to the UPS server with the next request. Their server matches what they sent me with what i return back to them. Due to the difference in the encoding method it returns an Invalid AccessLicenseAgreement error back to me. I set my request Processing Instruction to ISO-8859-1 encoding, but i still get the same error from them. I am guessing the problem is when i read it in using Loadxml to read in the string thats returned, that it changes the encoding, though i am not sure. Can anyone help me with this issue

thanks
neet
0
neet (2)

Neet wrote:

> HI, My application connects to the UPS server which returns an
> ISO-8859-1 encoded XML response. I need a part of this response, ie.
> the AccessLicenseAgreement , which i need to display in my
> application and then return to the UPS server with the next request.
> Their server matches what they sent me with what i return back to
> them. Due to the difference in the encoding method it returns an
> Invalid AccessLicenseAgreement error back to me. I set my request
> Processing Instruction to ISO-8859-1 encoding, but i still get the
> same error from them. I am guessing the problem is when i read it in
> using Loadxml to read in the string thats returned, that it changes
> the encoding, though i am not sure.

Most likely. Avoid LoadXml, read directly from the stream.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, XmlInsider]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out"
When using Outlook 2003 & Windows 2003 Terminal services the option for Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out" even logged in as Administrator. Any Help Thanks Bill I don't believe it works on TS. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "RX Bill"...

Good uses for triggers?
What are some [good/useful] was to use triggers? I need concrete examples so I can evaluate my reasons for using triggers. So far, I have 2 of them: 1. Return all of, or part of the resultset that was modified (insert/delete tables). 2. Automatically modify a column, or set of columns whenever an action on the table takes place. Right now, it is the well known cookie cutter "last updated/modified timestamp" example. Is there any other typical examples/reasons to use them? Andy I have been trying to avoiud using triggers as much as I can. However triggeers ha...

How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the a.
How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the autofilter option in Excel 2000. You don't. You could use a different Theme in Windows>Display>Appearance but that would affect all applications. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:42:26 -0800, "SouthBay588" <SouthBay588@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the autofilter >option in Excel 2000. Interesting question. But what is wrong with the default color? What is the use of getting another color? Just a matter of esthet...

using Access Data
I have a slight problem with Charts in Excel & Access. I'm creating charts that can use up to 50,000 data points (if not more) and in Excel there is significant lag time (up to 2 minutes just to rescale an axis or change the title). I decided to try and use Access to organize the data, but creating a chart in Access is a pain because there is a 4000 data point limit per series (really stupid). My question is: Is there a way to link the data from Access to an Excel chart without importing the data (importing would just cause my initial problem)? I do know some basic...

Optimize Exchange 2003 for large mail loads
We have exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 machine configured with basic default settings. It is in a domain setting and we have people that use outlook to pull mail from the server. These individuals receive about 1000 mails a day. When gone to lunch, there are about 2-3 hundred mails when they return. The problem we have is when they log back on and try to pull mail from the exchange. The outlook crashes. When they pull smaller groups of mail through out the day, they are fine. There are only 4 people here that receive mail like this and we've up the memory on the computers...

Using this News Group
I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if I have a setup problem on my computer or there is sometimes a problem with this news group when I access it IE7. After I sign in and see an item that I want to reply to, I press on reply. After I clicked on the reply sometimes the window pos up and I am all set to reply the way I expect other times I get no response or I just get the same message that I was looking at. Anyone else experiencing this issue? "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A345E68D-C3B9-4FD8-8211-CACE1374C389@microso...

write XML with line feeds?
Hello World, any idea how I can convince MSXML.IXMLDOMDocument to save the XML files using CR/LF? I need to manually edit the XML files and it's awkward if everything is in one huge line. -- Arthur Hoornweg (please remove the ".net" from my e-mail address) Looks like you are using the MSXML 3.0 or 4.0 via COM? If you are doing this from a .NET environment, you can automate the indentation by passing the string through an XML Writer. If you just need it for viewing purposes, you could use some XML editor. VS.NET does a decent job. Also XML Spy & Cooktop. -Naraen ...

can i use filters to compare data instead of vlookup?
I have to compare membership lists to identify if customers belong to certain groups. Currently, I have been using Vlookup but I notice that there are too many nuisances. Could I use a filter to compare two membership lists and give me a more accurate answer? Maybe try setting up a new sheet with List1, and entering a new column indicating List1 in each row......then adding List 2 at the bottom and entering List2 in the new column for each row in that section............then do Data > Filter > AutoFilter and check the arrows at the tops of the columns to filter from there...........

converting 1.x database to 2.0 from DOS files
I saved the 1.x database on floppies. Now I need the database again and need to upgrade it. How do I copy the floppies with the 1.x database so that it will work with access 2.0 in an XP pro environment? ...

Import text file using a wildcard
I am running the following code to import all text files that all start with the same 12 characters: ' Set the parameters to import the text file If Right(Me!txtFilePath, 1) = "\" Then strPath = \\mdb8\Global Else strPath = \\mdb8\Global& "\" End If strFileName = "GlobalImport*.txt" If FileExists(strPath & strFileName) = False Then msgbox "File " & strPath & strFileName & " Does not exist!", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "No File..." GoTo ExitImpor...

Flat File To XML Roundtrip
OK I'm on a steep learning curve with XML et.al. and need some advice. I'm writing a B2B front door for a new application. I have multiple data suppliers all sending various formats of flat files. Most of the inbound files are CSV (but a couple are tab-delimitted and one is an Excel spreadsheet). The goal is to read/process/validate each file and to "transform" the data into a common, internal, file format which will by sent on to a downstream application for final processing and consumption. I'm using VB.Net 2003 as my development platform. My novice approach to do thi...

Using the IF function
Ok I have A1 as test, A2:9 as blah, A10 as test and A11:A20 as blah so it looks like this test blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah test blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah What I want to do is make A1 so that IF(A1=???Any of cells A2:20??? then it becomes the same format as A1 is that possible -- fluc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fluci's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39291 You'd need a macro. A formul...

Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ...
Risk and Decision Analysis @Risk, Evolver, Decisiontools, Roy Kelly FloorTrader Tools 8.3, AmiBroker 5.0, MultiCharts 2.1, NinjaTrader 6, OwnData 2.6, VantagePoint 7.0.11.2, other ... please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, ======================================= RISK ANALYSIS with @RISK --- @RISK 4.5.7 for Excel, Compatible with Excel 2007, ( Standard, Porfessional, Industrial ) @RISK 4.5.6 Internat...

No more 1 yr free MSN Bill Pay?
Is the 1yr free MSN Bill Pay gone? Just tried signing up from Money 2007 and I only see the fee-based options. Thx. Zoli wrote: > Is the 1yr free MSN Bill Pay gone? Has been since Money 2005! Regards, JB Thanks, I skipped a few generations and just upgraded from 2004 to 2007. It's funny to see a "complimentary value pack worth $1,300" advertised when the most meaningful one of all is removed :-( johnbusc@hotmail.com wrote: > Zoli wrote: > > Is the 1yr free MSN Bill Pay gone? > > Has been since Money 2005! > > Regards, > JB ...

Warning: Cannot load CRuntimeMap from archive. Class not defined.
My MFC application links to an static MFC class lib of our own classes. When this application de-serializes its unable to resolve certain classes and i get the following error: Warning: Cannot load CRuntimeMap from archive. Class not defined. CArchive exception: badClass. So its like because my app is linking to a lib, certain object files are not being included. For a while i resolved this problem by providing a dummy function like the following void Calculator::LinkLibError() { CPWArithObjData arith; CPWFilterObjData filter; } This seemed to force the linker to include the corre...

Word document opens empty
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hello, Whenever I download a file from the internet and I want to open it afterwards it opens empty, although it really isn't. I can open it with text edit without problems. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance It may not be opening at all, just launching Word....try using File | Open within Word to open it. If that works, then applying the 12.1.1 update should solve your problem. vanny105@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > Hello, > Whenever I download a file...

Reatin Macros in document from template
Hi I have created a template with some complex macros. Naturally when the template is opened, it opens as a separate WORD document & allows the macros to be run. However, once the document has been saved & closed, the macros cannot be re-run. Is there a way to retain the macros in the new document, so the macros can be run another time please? -- Richard Instead of opening a document from the open template, open a new document from the template. File > New or in Word 2007 Office Button > New. As long as the template is available to the document the m...

MISSING Image Tools 1.0 Type Library
I have a database which I created for a doctors office. The problem is that the database runs just fine on my laptop computer. Bet when I get it to my job and try to run the database at work on their computers, I get the error message that I have a broken reference to the Snapview.OCX version 1.0 Library. and on the same computers when I take a look at the references one of the choices checked says MISSING: Image Tools 1.0 Type Library. I just don't know what to do. "Duck" <charles.kendricks@charter.net> wrote in message news:1185219678.412042.194320@o61g2000hsh.goo...

use XmlDataDocument load from an URL with username password
I have a piece of code to read a xml file from the web and put it into a variable in SSIS, but i don't know how to get it if it's username and password protected: URL = "http://www.mysite.com/setup.xml" xmlDoc = New XmlDataDocument xmlDoc.Load(URL) Anyone can help me? you need to specify an XmlResovler and add the necessary credentials to it. XmlUrlResolver oXmlUrlResolver = new XmlUrlResolver(); oXmlUrlResolver.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; URL = "http://www.mysite.com/setup.xml" xmlDoc = New XmlDataDocument xmlDoc....

Xml Serialization, properties and 'new'
Hi all, I'm hoping that someone has seen this before. I wasn't able to find any solutions through my usual channels (I.E Google). I'm getting the following exception in certain situations when using the Xml Serializer to serialize a class that has changed the type of a property defined on its base class by using the 'new' keyword. Anyone seen this before? I've tried using the XmlElement attribute as the Exception suggests on the offending property to change the name, with no impact. Here's the exception : System.InvalidOperationException: There was an ...

Possible to access macro in 1 workbook from any open workbook?
I have a macro that I run by hitting Ctrl-M. It's in Workbook A. I'd like it to be able to be run from any open workbook. Is there a way to do this? If you add the macro to your personal.xls workbook, you can run it any time you have Excel open. Check out http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm HTH, JP On Mar 18, 9:23=A0am, "Ex...@shoenfeltconsulting.com" <ex...@shoenfeltconsulting.com> wrote: > I have a macro that I run by hitting Ctrl-M. =A0It's in Workbook A. =A0I'd= > like it to be able to be run from any open workbook. =A0Is there a way > to...

Let Excel choose next following document number
I want to make a document which has the following purpose: claiming the next number of a purchase order, quotation or another document. >From a lookup table and a combo box/drop down the person chooses wether its a PO or Q. Then in the neighboring cell appears the next number of that document. So, numbers already claimed before cannot be choosed. How to perform that? (But, with the possibility to clear the field and to have the claim be undone) So it's like this: choose document PO / Q | next claimed # appears | Person who claims (manual choose) Optionally, but I hope it'...

Network drive disappears when opening publisher document
Windows 2003 SBS server, active directory domain, Windows XP Pro client, Microsoft Office Pro 2003. I have a user who had a Microsoft Publisher document he was working on. He has been storing it on a mapped network drive and opening it from there. However, a couple days ago for some reason, whenever he tried to open the document directly from the network drive, his computer was completely losing the drive to the point that I, as the network admin, had to go and remove his computer from the domain and add it back again to even see the network share. If he copies the document to his local driv...

Publisher fails to load #2
Need help!!! I have uninstalled office 2003 and reinstalled (twice) loaded SP 2 and still publisher will not load, even in safe mode. Any ideas? Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sean" <sobrien@wdmh.on.ca> wrote in message news:OtxYdieTGHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Need help!!! > > I have uninstalled office 2003 and reinstalled (twice) loaded SP 2 and still > publisher will not load, even i...

How do I use Access 2007 VBA to print external pdf files?
Ideally, I'd like to use an Access form to open the pdfs, print them and then close Adobe Reader or whatever program is used to do the print job. On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:43:20 -0700, "LA Lawyer" <hkapp@kapplaw.com> wrote: You can use the ShellExecute API with the Print verb (the lpOperation argument). That's what Windows uses when you drop a PDF document on a Printer. Check out this article: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Ideally, I'd like to use an Access form to open the pdfs, print them and >...