MS-Word to XML to HTML

I have a need to convert MS-Word Documents (6.0 / 97 / 2000 / 2003)
to XML and from XML to HTML.

This needs to be done programmatically with C/C++/C#.

Any information on doing this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

validating XML with XmlValidatingReader
I have a doc that that I am entering an incorrect value in a node that expects an restricted enumeration yet I can't get the ValidationEventHandler to fire. Shouldn't it fire if it finds an enumeration that's not listed in the schema? I've also misspelled node tags and it still won't fire. Am I missing something? Thanks. Public Shared Function IsValid(ByVal cXML As String) As Boolean _valid = True Dim schemaColl As XmlSchemaCollection schemaColl = New XmlSchemaCollection schemaColl.Add(Nothing, New XmlTextReader("..\myXSD.xsd")) Dim ioStream As Stream i...

Transform xsl file into xml file
Hi all I have an xsl file and would like to transform it into an xml file. The same way as if i would open the xsl file in excel and then save as... xml file (Office 2003). is there a way to do it in c#(or whatever else) in visual studio .net? and how can i then transform it back from xml into an xsl file? thanks for your help m.ahrens m.ahrens wrote: > I have an xsl file and would like to transform it into an xml file. The same > way as if i would open the xsl file in excel and then save as... xml file > (Office 2003). ??? XSL document is XML document. Do you need just to ...

Best Practice to get MS Access data into MS Excel
I have data in an MS Access database that I want to be able to get into a specific sheet in a workbook without disrupting the rest of the sheets in the workbook. Is there a way to set this up without manually opening the workbook and copy and paste from Access query? The MS Access gets refereshed on a regular basis and we need to have this reflected in the MS excel workbooks. Thank you, Craig Sira Use Excel 'Data/Get external data' to make the link. Do not format this sheet at all ie. keep as a simple table that you can link to via pivot tables or whatever. All you need to d...

Have templates changed in Word 2007?
Our office has recently upgraded to Office 2007. Previously when opening a template (in 2003) it would open and be named as, for example "Document1" rather than the name of the template. So it would be opening a clean copy of the template rather than the template itself. Now in 2007, our Word templates seem to open either as a read only versions of the template or the template itself. How can I get our templates to behave as they did in 2003? Thank you -- Brendan Adelaide, Australia When you "open" a template, you're opening it for editing. To create...

Word is independently editing my manuscript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I reformatted a book manuscript and repaginated, word - on its own (as unbelievable as that may be), changed some of the book characters names. For example, &quot;Mary called Joe on the phone&quot; became &quot;Mary called Mary on the phone.&quot; I didn't do any searches to change copy, I didn't have &quot;Mary&quot; or &quot;Joe&quot; in anything that would be autocorrected. <br><br>Can anyone tell me what might have gone wrong. I now have to proofread the e...

Help on scanning a document into excel or word
Sorry folks I know it should problems to do with excel but I have had lots of help from here so it worth a try. I am trying to scan a page so that I can edit it from my labtop, but when I scan the page it will not let me edit any text, I have tried to save the file as a template but that doesn't work also, has anyone got any idea's Dave Are you scanning as Text using the OCR software that came with your scanner or just scanning as an image? Depending upon the OCR software, you can get close to 100% accuracy. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 22:41:19 GMT, "Dav...

How to extract a word from a text file
I need help to create a small batch script /procedure that extracts a piece of information from a text file: -Skipp first two lines in a file -Extract a piece of text from the 11-th character until the first blank / space character and store it into an environment variable. - Compare this info against a constant Any examples ideas please ? TIA Please post your query here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript hth "TIA" <TIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:416630B6-8A60-4B7E-AB50-1818361CEA66@microsoft.com......

how to get Word Art along a circular arc?
I'm designing a logo for our company conference. I'd like the main shape of the logo to be a circle, with the theme of our annual conference across the top of the circle. Then I'd like to have 3 big rings going around and disappearing behind the circle (rather like the rings of Saturn). I have 2 questions. 1) I'd like the text to be in an arc that parallels the outline of the circle - the text will take up about one quarter of the circumference. I've discovered how to get Word Art to put the text in an arc, but the arc is oval rather than circular, and doesn'...

HTML message arrives as attachment
A client of mine has an Outlook 2007 client running on a Win XP SP2 machine using Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server. He receives e-mails from a mailing list that are being sent out in HTML format. When he receives these e-mails in Outlook, they display as empty messages with an .HTM attachment. For example, if the original e-mail subject was "Here's your info", then the new e-mail arrives as at attachment named "Here's your info.HTM" - there's nothing else in the e-mail. Because of this, he has to first open the message, then open the attachment to see ...

Copy all hilighted words to a new document using VBA
Dear Experts: I would like to copy all hilighted words of the current document (via VBA) to a new one with the following features: 1. Highlighted word 2. Page No. where the highlighted word has been found 3. Applied Font of the highlighted word If a word has only be hilighted partially, the whole word has to be copied. Example: going (highlighted word), Page 219, Font Name: Arial Christmas (highlighted word), Page 222, Font Name: Tahoma. etc. Hope this is not asking too much and feasible, respectively. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Re...

Spot Color, Word Art, Autoshapes
I designed a project using PUBLISHER 2002. It came out great. However, when I save for pre-press SPOT COLOR (PANTONE), all the WORD ART graphics, and AUTOSHAPES turn GREY. The graphics that turn grey were all FILLED with a cloud graphic that was included with the program. I recolored the graphic using the FORMAT PICTURE>RECOLOR option to the PANTONE as I was advised by my printer. I also selected COLOR PRINTING>SPOT COLOR prior to saving. I also tried it by setting COLOR PRINTING>SPOT COLOR and selecting the PANTONE prior to designing the document. I am about to go to ...

Word Form Modification W/O Deleting Current Data
Can I modify existing for fields and reprotect the form without wiping out all the existing data in many form fields within the same file? See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/TurnFmFlfResetOff.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Vander-Bend wrote: > Can I modify existing for fields and reprotect the form without > wiping out all the existing data in many form fields within the same > file? ...

Help pls
Honestly, I'm only okay with MFC/C++, I'm not familiar with ATL, WTL or like that... I have downloaded 4 different wrapper classes and none of them seem to want to work in VS2005. All I want to do is read and write XML documents. Maybe append a child node here and there. That's all. Can someone popint me in the right direction here? The MSXML docs are really hard to thread through. tia B I'm using xerces-c (2.7.0) for parsing XML and I could make it work quite quickly with MFC. See http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/download.cgi You have here also some Demos about ho...

calling MS remove printer utility
Hi I am implementing a Printer delete utility. It is able to remove all the driver files. But it can not remove all the registry keys. Idea is to call the ms print remove utility. Is there any way to do that ? thanks in advance. Thanks & regards ~ Rudresh Look at http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html You can a lot of printer control with "RunDLL32.exe PrintUI.dll, PrintUIEntry ..." "Rudresh" wrote: > Hi > I am implementing a Printer delete utility. It is able to remove all the driver files. > But it can not remove all the registry keys. Idea is ...

Microsoft Outlook/Word AutoCorrect File Errors
Microsoft Outlook/Word AutoCorrect File Errors Upon opening Microsoft Outlook and Word, I get the following AutoCorrect file errors. “Your AutoCorrect file, symbolsMSO1033.acl, could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify the file.” I click the “OK” button and receive the following message. “Your AutoCorrect file, FICE12\1033\MSO.ACLMSO1033.acl, could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify the file.” I click the “OK” button. If I close the Outlook or Word apps., I get the following m...

Exporting several xml levels from excel

simple rdf to html doesn't work
I have the following feed which I want to convert to html: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise.rdf but it does not work, I only see the html elements empty as if it found no elements in the xml file, whereas the feed http://www.golem.de/rss.php?feed=RSS1.0 works perfectly although I annot see any difference in the file structure. This is my xsl file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:r...

SAP integration with MS CRM?
Hi, is there any announcement of Microsoft CRM integrating with SAP? Thanks ...

Email through Word
I am unable to send email through Microsoft Word. In the options window, the 'send messages using:' dropdown is blank. ...

MS FrontPage Installation Question
I purchased a copy of FrontPage about a year ago. Recently my Fixed Disk had crashed due to a virus. Now that I've installed a new fixed disk and tried to re- install FrontPage I keep getting a message that my trial period is about to expire. I have the Product Key numbers but when I re-installed the program never prompted me for the Key ???? Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks Dana Greer Return the product to your retailer and ask for a refund. "Dana Greer" <dgreer@khhcorp.com> wrote in message news:051501c38e98$95b276a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &...

dummy.xml mk:@MSITSTORE
When I log into MS Money (2004) I get a popup asking if I want to open or save this file: dummy.xml for: mk:@MSITSTORE ... I've never seen this message before. If I cancel the request it comes back when I open Money again. It wont allow me to open it and I am concerned about saving the file since I dont know what it is. Any help would be great. Thanks! I am recieveing the same message everytime I open money. It seems wrong and I know that xml files are for transporting a money file through the internet. So it seems like a scam. You woulkd think microsoft would have some info o...

Install MS Money Plus Deluxe over MS Money Plus Trial
I have previously downloaded and installed MS Money Plus Deluxe Trial. Today I purchased and downloaded MS Money Plus Deluxe. Other than the normal data backup is there anything special that I need to do or watch out for? If it matters I have previously installed versions of MS Money Deluxe 2004, Money 2007 Deluxe trial and Money Plus Deluxe Trial currently installed on my system Thanks, Al Should be straightforward as you suggest. But sometimes s*** happens. Always, no matter what you are off to do, be sure you have backup copies of critical data like your Money file. Better if tho...

app.config xml file and application blocks
Can a class library have a app.config file. Reason for asking is that the microsoft application blocks all read from myApp.exe.config. How can you use the application blocks if you do not have an app.config file. Wish someone from microsoft would answer this, I am at a loss. thanks grs Yes, a class library can have .config file, but you have to do the copying and naming by hand. Visual Studio only renames and copies app.config files automatically for you. As you already found, that behavior is not really documented and the expected usage is to add settings for the application blocks to t...

Converting WordPerfect 5.1 file to Word
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in Word. Thanks. try the word newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my extensive WordPerfect documents in >Word. Thanks. >. > ...

Merging Excel Data into Word
Hi I use Word and Excel XP and when we merge dates from an Excel doc into Word, it puts the date in an American format for some reason even though the formatting is Australian. Regional settings are set to Australian. I have managed to edit the field in Word to change the date but was hoping that someone would know why it is behaving like this so I can stop it from happening? We also have problems with some of the forumlas. For example, we might use the currency formula which has two decimal places (ie. $23.09) but it comes into Word like 23.0258. Any ideas why this is happening? ...