Good day to all --

    I have been trying to load a dataset from XML based on a multi-level
schema structure that uses <xsd:import> tags to bring other schemas into the
XML document context - Schema1 imports Schema2 which then imports Schema3. I
have not been having much success.

    Based on the above experience, I have a couple of questions:
    1) Can the Dataset class handle multi-level schemas as defined above? If
not, thanks for your time.
    1) Can anyone lead me to an example where a solution to this has been
posted? If so, forget the following questions.
    2) Must the schemas be compiled in the XmlSchemaSet before calling the
DataSet.ReadXmlSchema for each schema in the SchemaSet?
    3) Is a NameTable needed?
    4) Should I be using the XmlSchemaImport class?

    Any help or references would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards --
David Lutz

0
dlutz7697 (2)

Problem with XML-Validation
I have got an XML file, that aderes to a XDR-Schema which references elements and attributes in two other XDR-Schemas. I want to validate this XML file before I create a DOM tree in C#. This works fine for every namespace except of the default namespace. In the default namespace there is no Event when the XML file is wrong. Could anybody tell me what there is wrong with my code (as seen below)? I have tried several things, but I could not make the validation work properly. The class simply creates a DOM form a XML file and writes every error out in the console. Best regards, Daniel Haag pu...

Extract inline XSD from WSDL
Hi, I have a WSDL which includes an inline XSD. My wish is to extract this inline XSD into an external XSD file. Please recommend me on a technique which will allow me to perform this kind of action. If this is too hard, then i will ask for your help with the following situation: Validate a given HTTP Response (XML file) against an inline XSD inside a WSDL. My plan is to Validate the Response agians an external XSD file, but if you are familiar with a solution that can validate the Response with an inline XSD, it would be great. Thanks, Gil H ...

XML-to-MSWord
Hi I've got a really laborious task at my work. I have to write documentatio to my C# code in MS Word till Wednesday. They don't care that, documentatio already exist in MSDN format generated by nDoc. They still want it, in M Word Format While I was writing a code, I always documented all my methods, class an namespaces in VS.NET XML format documentation. But now, I've got 130 page long XML document, MS Word template, and 3 days to copy and past all of dat in XML to new MS Word document Do you know any program, which could help me in automation this laboriou process For all of ...

XML dataset
I have made client software where users make orders. Local data is stored in xml file. Users are offline from network most of time eg. one week or month and then they connect dbserver. Problem: How to synchronize offline database to sql server??? New, modified and deleted rows must be syncronize from client to server. All help, links, tips etc. is wellcome, thank you Is there better group(s) to ask this type of quostions? -jas Hi, Are the users modifying the same data? You might run into some serious problems if they can modify, delete and add new data offline. For the syncronization, ...

Importing Outlook Contacts To CRM 3.0
I have read the different suggestions on the above topic. I have really been challanged with importing the CSV file. I must not be cleaning up the enough. But one response was that " You can open each contact individually and click the "Track in CRM" button. The next time Outlook synchs to CRM (default is every 15 minutes) the contact will be moved into CRM." This I can work with but , where is this "Track in CRM" selection ? Thanks in Advance vmorrill This appears on the Outlook CRM toolbar. Open a contact and you should see a CRM toolbar as well w...

how do i import emails from incredimail to outlook
If I want to start using outlook how do I get my email history from incredimail to outlook? Is there a way to export from Incredimail? "snooze" <snooze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08692912-4CA7-419F-A754-5EB6DDDFC73B@microsoft.com... > If I want to start using outlook how do I get my email history from > incredimail to outlook? Yes you can export the complete file set but to a cabinet file which is not accepted by outlook "snooze" wrote: > If I want to start using outlook how do I get my email history from > incredimail to ...

Look at important pack from the Microsoft Corporation
--jvgqvfhettarx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="evnfkgtacafvf"; type="multipart/alternative" --evnfkgtacafvf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="muzedbehtkw" --muzedbehtkw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

Best way to format a flat file that Excel will load properly?
I'm generating a flat file in Outlook VBA. Right now I'm able to save it as a ..txt file, although I hope to save it in a delimited flat file format with an ..xls extension so it will automatically be opened by excel without having to go through the whole 'import' sequence. There are string fields in the file, some of which contain commas- so I can't make it a comma delimited file. What is the best delimiter to use so that Excel will automatically recognize and parse the flat file contents across columns? Currently in 2003, but strongly prefer solutions ...

rendering RSS XML as HTML?
hello, im doing my first experiment w/ RSS & ASP.NET. could use a bit of help. i have a livejournal site blog here: http://nexus9.livejournal.com/ and i have its RSS xml here: http://nexus9.livejournal.com/data/rss ....i want to render this as HTML on my own personal site. to do this i put an Xml web control on my .aspx like so: <asp:Xml ID="xmlEntries" TransformSource="test.xslt" Runat="server"/> ....and then in my .cs i loaded the above like so: //get rss response HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(&...

Disable VBA code execution when loading a workbook
How do I control the execution of the VBA Code in a spread sheet when I first load the workbook. I would like a dialog box to ask if I want to execute the code or not whenI open the workbook? Can any one suggest a way to do that??? -- CharlesM Set your macro security to medium. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2A28FEC-5C65-43D6-9924-9CB256005E65@microsoft.com... > How do I control the execution of the VBA Code in a spread sheet when I first > load the workbook. > I would li...

Reading XML files on WebServer
Hi, I am wanting to read an XML file sitting on a server and am wondering if I will run into problems with firewalls and/or proxy servers using the following simple bit of code: XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.myserver.com/myxmlfile.xml"); It works fine with my interent connection. If some of the users are behind a proxy server it may cause a problem. Especially authentication proxy server. If you concern about these circumstances I suggest creating a WebRequest object and set the correct credentials, proxy server and then get the WebResponse objec...

Price history import
I just converted a Quicken file to Money 2002 but the price history for a particular investment was not imported. Is there a way to get the data into Money 2002 other than tediously entering it manually? Jaymar ...

Form On Load Code
Hello, I am trying to create an event where the code will look for no results after a query. If there are not results I want a prompt to ask the user to add Yes/No message box. Once they select either yes or no then I want the forms to open. I hope someone can help. Private Sub Form_Load() Dim rst As DAO.Recordset 'Specifies to User if no record found then add Set rst = Me.RecordsetClone If rst.RecordCount = 0 Then Dim Response As Integer Response = MsgBox("Agreement Not Found. Please make sure it was typed in Correctly. You may need to add the Record. Do you want to Add?"...

Importing address book from Outlook express to Outlook
How can I do this? File > Import and Export > Import Internet Mail and Addresses -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "JA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025c01c3ba8e$60bcbc90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I do this? "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<uf5onKruDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > File > Import and Export > Import Internet Mail and Addresses Hi Russ, I was wondering if it could be done the other way round ... ie. from Outlook to Outlook Express ...??? TI...

Is there a resource load callback in CHtmlView?
I have written an app that uses the CHtmlCtrl (derived from CHtmlView) in a dialog. I am loading a HTML string into the document. This works just fine, but the HTML string contains references to resources such as a Cascaded Style Sheet, some graphics, etc. For complicated reasons the references to these resources are not specified as either absolute or relative paths. Instead, I have a lookup mechanism that finds them, based on a separate directory definition scheme. My problem is that these resources don't get found by the browser control. I have implemented the same application o...

Versioning a DataSet
Hi, I have a DataSet defined in Visual Studio 2008 with an XSD file. The contents are saved to an XML file using DataTable.WriteXml() and read back using DataTable.ReadXml(). Now I am going to have to modify the schema. Specifically I want to replace a boolean field with a (tristate) enumeration. Alternativly, I could leave the existing field and add an additional field. I will want to read files written with the old schema, but will only write the new schema. I have been looking for recommended practices for handling this kind of problem. Although I have found general information ab...

Worksheets not loading
I have a user that has just started experiencing the below problem. When double clicking on an Excel spreadsheet, Excel loads but does not load the worksheet. The user is able to load the document from the Office button only. The OS is XP pro x64 SP 2, with full updates. Office 2007 Professional Plus SP1. It started doing it out of the blue this morning. I have reconfigured the file associations and cleared out the XLSTART directory, but with no affect. Any ideas anyone? I have managed to fix this now. I needed to remove the selected check box "Ignore other applications" - O...

Importing info from Fidelity 401k site
Fidelity recently added an enhancement to their 401k site that allows direct downloads into money. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to set this up. When I try the online setup, it does not recognize my 401k account nor allow for the importation. Any thoughts? Nick Powell ...

Importing data to Outlook 2003 from Excel 2003
My present company, whilst waiting for the implementation of a ITIL standard incident management solution are using an excel 2003 spreadsheet to log incidents, then three times a week some unfortunate soul has to go through the spreadsheet, look for "pending" and send an email to whoever the incident is pending with. I would like somehow to export the contact name to the "to field", incident number to the "subject field", and the incident details to the "body text"..because at the moment we have to copy and paste... Can this be done? any help would be...

Importing multiple calendar items into Outlook
Hello everyone, I have been in desperate need for a solution to my problem. Perhaps someone can help... 1) How can you import new appointments from a text/excel/other source? My problem is that I have over 50 appointments to manually input at a time. The minimum requirements would be to have Date, Start & End Time, & Subject lines filled. Not as critical would be categories, Notes, Location, private, reminder. I can quickly manipulate the date in an excel document and cut/paste the duplicate date fast enough. It is having Outlook import the data that is the problem. I hav...

Excel Data menu has no XML.
I'm trying to use the on-line course on XML for Excel. On clicking the Data menu, there is no "XML" second-level command. Do you have Excel 2003. -- HTH Bob Phillips "GK" <GK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B40C03F-98E1-45D0-92FB-34265DBE8593@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use the on-line course on XML for Excel. > > On clicking the Data menu, there is no "XML" second-level command. ...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

STOREFRONT SHIPPING IMPORT INTO RMS via INTEGRATOR #2
Hi- I am using the storefront.net shopping cart with the integrator by new west tech. when i download the order into RMS, i get a screen asking me for the shipping method(UPS, FED EX, etc) and style (next day air, ground, etc). After this, i get a screen that says something like "shipping=none" On storefront, i am using valu based shipping, which means i charge a flat fee based on the price. My question is are these screens supposed to prompt up after I import an order and do i need to define an item in RMS called shipping? and an item for each class of shipping? It sounds lik...

On the Fly XML Validation
Hi, In my Project i am using a Charting tool called Fusion Charts. The charts are rendered as Flash objects (.swf files) and it uses XML as the data source. However in my Project the XML is generated at run time based on the search criteria specified by the user, now my problem is before passiing the XML to the chart object how do i verify the Well-formedness of the XML, so that appropriate action could be taken before the user is presented with an error. regards, Joyjeet Nag Joy wrote: > In my Project i am using a Charting tool called Fusion Charts. The charts > are rendered as...

excel-->XML-->SQL
Hi all, I support a number of applications that store info in backend SQL databases. A project has come up where I need to get data out of Excel into one of these databases, using XML/XSLT. I am a beginner in XML/XSLT so was hoping someone would be able to give me some good info/tips on how to do this, and/or pointers to examples/documentation. I would like to do draw up something using VB.NET as I have Visual Studio as well as some skills in this area. Also, i've got a week and a half deadline on this! Thanks all J Is it a business requirement to get the data out of Excel using XML?...