Just a comment about the .net and xslt transformation classes

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4D78D.326CACC0

I just started using the xslt transformations using .net and C#, and now =
is the second day trying to figure out the new error messages, messages =
like "you are missing evidence" or "xml resolvers", "xpath navigators" =
and the list goes on.

=20

Yesterday I thought myself in a court room, the compiler was complaining =
about the xml evidence, and I didn't have any, I was trying to tell him =
"I swear, it is xml, believe me"=20

=20

Well, anyway, I just started figuring it out, with the help of google =
and the internet, but pleases, for the next release, just get it a bit =
simple, usually it is nice to load the xsl from a file (as most of the =
samples say) but in the real world, the xsl is embedded in the =
executable are a resource file.

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4D78D.326CACC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=3D2>I just started using the =
xslt=20
transformations using .net and C#, and now is the second day trying to =
figure=20
out the new error messages, messages like =93you are missing evidence=94 =
or =93xml=20
resolvers=94, =93xpath navigators=94 and the list goes =
on.<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o=20
ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
/><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o:p><FONT =
size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=3D2>Yesterday I thought myself =
in a court=20
room, the compiler was complaining about the xml evidence, and I =
didn=92t have=20
any, I was trying to tell him =93I swear, it is xml, believe me=94=20
<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><o:p><FONT =
size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><FONT size=3D2>Well, anyway, I just =
started figuring=20
it out, with the help of google and the internet, but pleases, for the =
next=20
release, just get it a bit simple, usually it is nice to load the xsl =
from a=20
file (as most of the samples say) but in the real world, the xsl is =
embedded in=20
the executable are a resource=20
file.<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4D78D.326CACC0--

Just can't find my calendar
Our Calendars just disappered from Navigation Pane. We are able to access it from 'Outlook today' only and we can share and do everything normally.But it is not available on the 'navigation Pane', even if we select 'folder list' view. It is Strange problem and only few users have this problems not all. We have tried opening outlook using different 'switches' but in vain Please help. On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:16:03 -0800, Vivek Baliga <VivekBaliga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Our Calendars just disappered from Navigation Pane. > >We are...

how to convert string to double datatype using VB.net
i want a convert a string to double datatype EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice JavaScript Bar Graph Control http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0995163b-451d-45fc-9a8f-57bba826f2a3/javascript-bar-graph-cont.aspx kadar ali schrieb: > i want a convert a string to double datatype Good question - because it shows that you switch Option Strict On (as recommended). http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t8s7t9bf.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hcb26cc8.aspx -- Armin "kadar ali" wrote: > i want a convert a string to...

Free Workshop on .NET and Programming Solutions by Dr. Venkat
Those of us programming on the .NET framework have come to realize the power and increased productivity that comes with it, says Dr. Venkat Submramaniam. Like any development, however, there are things that one should pay attention to while programming on .NET. Are there things in .NET that, if we do not pay attention to, may result in more trouble than it is worth? Learn all there is to know in a FREE video workshop conducted by Dr. Venkat Subramaniam. In the workshop recorded at Saltmarch Media's Great Indian Developer Summit, Venkat presents Gotchas that a developer needs ...

Event on changed comment for a cell
Hi, I'm searching for the event that detects a chnage in a comment of cell performed by a another macro (here Cognos PowerPlay for Excel). The Worksheet_Change and the Worksheet_SelectionChange events won't work. Can anybody help? I don't believe any event will detect changing a comment. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "MattiasP" <mattias.plaecking@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote in message news:1121263758.570599.41530@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I'm searching for the eve...

Resolver not working when transforming
I'd like to see if someone found a natural explanation to this. I have this method for transforming docs: /** * Transforms an XmlDocument object with an XSL file, and returns * another XmlDocument object. If something bad happens, null is * returned instead. */ private XmlDocument Transform (string xml, string xsl) { try { XmlDocument xmlDocIn = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocIn.Load(xml); XslTransform transformer = new XslTransform(); transformer.Load(xsl); XmlDocument xmlDocOut = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocOut.Load(transfo...

Soap class definition question
I have a web service that takes a class as input. That class is defined in a dll that is common to the client and server. When defining the method on the server it allows me to use the common class in the method. Good so far. Now when the client tries to call that method on the service I need to use the class from the service reference rather than the common dll. I would like to use the common class. ..Net 3.5 web service. The service reference on the client seems to allow for this in its "Service Reference Settings" dialog. I had the defaults, "reuse types in reference...

FS: 11 Books for $50 CHEAP
I am selling these books in a lot. I am not selling them individually. Total Number of books: 11 Total List Price Value: $476.98 Total Asking price: $50 Location: Houston, TX USA, but willing to ship via Media Mail. I take Paypal. Most of the books are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. A small minority may have some shelfwear. There may be remainder marks. One book has a tear on the binding cover, but the binding is as tight as a drum. There is no highlighting or writing in any of the books. Please include the subject heading so that I will know which books your are interested in as I ...

KB982524-.Net update
WIN XP PRO SP3 I have just dll, burnt to disc and installed this update. All went well - the yellow shield has gone from system tray, but on checking Add/Remove, the KB installed is 976576?? Is this correct? Rgds Antioch On 2010-06-25 8:43 a.m., antioch wrote: > WIN XP PRO SP3 > > I have just dll, burnt to disc and installed this update. > All went well - the yellow shield has gone from system tray, but on > checking Add/Remove, the KB installed is 976576?? > > Is this correct? KB982524 says that 982524 is an update rollup, and references 9765...

.Net passport account and MSN Money website
I am attempting to start over with my money account because of problems converting to 2005. When I link the account to my passport account it brings all the old recurring transactions to the new account and they are WAY old. Is there any way to clean them from the MSN money website before I associate my .net account with my money file?. When I go out to moneycentral to view my reccurring bills and deposits nothing is listed. Thanks for any help. This is supposed to be accomplished by resetting the data. Log in to the Passport you want to clean out and then go to https://moneycentr...

.NET WebService method doesn't understand xsd list
I've posted this before but no one seems to respond. I need to know if this is a bug I am implementing a webservice against a preexisting schema/wsdl The schema specifies an element called Type that is a xml schema list of qname (i.e. it wants the message to have a space deimited list of qnames.) However wsdl.exe interprets this incorrectly as 'XmlQualifiedName Types' rather than 'XmlQualifiedName [] Types'. Simply changing the type in the C# class to an array results in incorrect serialization/exceptions. This is a fairly common piece of schema so I'm surprised ...

XML performance in .net?
Hi there Anyone know how fast for XML performance when I use dataset to save and read data from XML file? my client need those answers. Thanks in advance Sandra sandra wrote: > Anyone know how fast for XML performance when I use dataset to save and read > data from XML file? my client need those answers. Basically DataSet is not the fastest XML API, actually that's not XML API altogether. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, XmlInsider] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

XmlSerializer.Deserialize and missing classes

XML schema class?
Hi; I know an XML schema is XML and so can be read using the XML classes. However, I was wondering if there is a class that understands a schema and can read it and returns the schema as nodes/properties in that class? -- thanks - dave david_at_windward_dot_net http://www.windwardreports.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:2EA1508A-4123-44D3-B482-D768085CAF91@microsoft.com... > Hi; > > I know an XML schema is XML and so can be read using the XML classes. > > However, I ...

attribute manipulation in XSLT transformation
Given school #1: contains attributes of name and district <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <School name="Joy" district="Albany"> <Class>A</Class> <Teacher>Dave</Teacher> </School> school #2: missing district attribute; but has additional attribute of principle <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <School name="Happy" principle="Joe"> <Class>B</Class> <Teacher>Mary</Teacher> </School> I want to have an identity copy withou...

Backup User Classes
Is there any ways to backup the User Classes in GP7.5? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_75BBDCCF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newgroups! Generally we recommend to make a backup is to backup of the entire database. User classes are stored in the Dynamics database and the following two tables hold user class information: SY40300 - security restrictions for the user classes SY40400 - user classes Thank you, Melissa Amundson Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsr...

Copy just displayed columuns
I want to copy and paste only displayed columuns (not hidden) into an email. Currently I go back and delete the unwanted columuns in the email. Is there a "Copy Special" function? Hi Rich Look on my site for examples or use one of the Add-ins http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4865CB7A-A148-46B7-AE4D-D12357F1258C@microsoft.com... >I want to copy and paste only displayed columuns (not hidden) into an email. > Currently I go back and delete t...

XSLT for an xml with namespace
HI can anyone help me out with this, im a newbie to xml n stuff. i really have tough time working on this . Xml file: <p:win32_Service xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:p="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wsman/2005/06/wmi/root/cimv2/win32_Service"> <p:AcceptPause>true</p:AcceptPause> <p:AcceptStop>true</p:AcceptStop> <p:Caption>Windows Management Instrumentation</p:Caption> <p:StartMode>Auto</p:StartMode> <p:StartName>LocalSystem</p:StartName> <p:State>Running</p:State> &...

deploy dot Net 4
Is there some way to deploy dot Net 4.0 from SBS 2003 R2 via a script or WSUS? If a script, do you know the command line switches? Rick Rick wrote: > Is there some way to deploy dot Net 4.0 from SBS 2003 R2 via a script > or WSUS? > > If a script, do you know the command line switches? > > Rick Be patient. Out on WSUS next week. ...

Using VS2008 to develop CE .Net 4.2 apps with C#
Hi, I am new to CE Development and am not sure if I can use VS2008 to develop for CE .Net v4.2. Is it possible or will I need to use Embedded C++ V4 for my development? TIA "tony@avonwood" <tanda@sample.com> schrieb: >Hi, > >I am new to CE Development and am not sure if I can use VS2008 to develop >for CE .Net v4.2. > >Is it possible or will I need to use Embedded C++ V4 for my development? You can use either VS2005 Standard or VS 2008 Professional. Look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/products/cc149003.aspx Look for Smart Device Develo...

How can I create an xsd file out of a Dataset class file?
Hi all, I apologize for posting this question on two groups. I did not know which one out of "XML" and "ADONET" groups, should I post this. I would like to create an xsd file out of an existing dataset.cs file that can be visually manipulated in the VS.NET Dataset Designer wizard in VS.NET 2003 with .NET 1.1 and C#. Here is the issue in more detail: Using the wizard I can drag and drop tables on to the dataset designer surface, set relations between tables etc. Now, this wizard generates a typed DataSet class for me which is remarkable and beautiful. I love Visual St...

Migrate CDF to CRM with SQL Transform
I have migrated through SQL Data Transformation Service the main CDF_Contacts data but when I try to migrate the CDF_Contacts_Ext data to CRM, the migration program goes through the motions but no data is transferred. I read that the migration program looks to the CDF_Contacts_Info table to translate the Contact ID (Int) to the GUID created when the main Contacts table was migrated. The problem is that when I import the source data into the CDF database, I get an error due to the Contact_ID key already being there and the import stops. I have been restoring the blank CDF database bef...

Setting the "Class Cursor"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The documentation for SetCursor() reads, in part: If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make = sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. = If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor = each time the mouse is moved.=20 How does one set the "class cursor"? Jason ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3FF6B.C7507BF0 C...

XSLT and XML Schema
Hi Friends, We have a peculiar situation here, where in we have to translate a set of xml documents using xslt and we only have schemas available. How do we use XSLT here? Please advice. Ash "Ash Hart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2483EDA5-28A8-4E47-8368-8AA2B083FC78@microsoft.com... > Hi Friends, > > We have a peculiar situation here, where in we have to translate a set of xml documents using xslt and we only have schemas available. How do we use XSLT here? Please advice. To start you need a lot more: 1. Descriptiom of the desired...

can you control how comments print in excel xp or 2003?
I noticed a user at the copier today, using the blow up function to try to enlarge the comments that he had printed out at the end of his excel worksheet. He commented that he could not change the font for the comments. I went back to my desk, and was able to replicate the issue... In short, you can format comments for on-screen viewing (and presumably when you print comments "in place"), but if you print out all the comments at the end of your document, you apparently can't control the font/size/formatting/etc. The only thing I could find that made a different to how it printed...

ASP.NET Session does not expire
I have an in-proc session managemet where session timeout set to 10 min. I have a report viewer control which connects to the reporting services and renders the report. This happens in server mode. My question is if report is rendered and user does not perform any action on UI the session should expire but it doesn't happen. When checked from firebug it is found that a automatic ping request is sent to server from report viewer. How to configure to stop this. Please do reply. Thanks. ...