Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?

With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since
I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to
get away from techy messages such as "The
'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value
according to its data type. An error occurred at
file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)."
and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and
10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom
validators or a way to access some of the private fields for the
XmlValidatingReader to no avail. Ideally, I'd like to pass my custom message
as an xs:annotation\documentation on an elements xs:restriction. Any
suggestions?

Thanks!

0
Prodika (2)

Well, so far it appears possible options are 1) writing my own validating
reader 2) using Schematron

"Prodika" wrote:

> With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since
> I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to
> get away from techy messages such as "The
> 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value
> according to its data type. An error occurred at
> file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)."
> and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and
> 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom
> validators or a way to access some of the private fields for the
> XmlValidatingReader to no avail. Ideally, I'd like to pass my custom message
> as an xs:annotation\documentation on an elements xs:restriction. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks!

0
Prodika (2)

Subscript Out of Range Error
The workbooks and macros used are being created in Excel 2007, but saved in the 97-2003 format. I have a macro that the boss will use to enter employees and place the names, date added, and count (sequential) into a worksheet. It loops in case there is more than one name to be added. NOTE: The boss will be in workbook(QA Master.xls) Once the boss is through entering names, the macro will then loop and create a workbook, copying the Workbook("QA Template.xls") and renaming it with the employee name that was entered. I don't know why, but I am getting the fol...

Stationery error message
I'm using Windows 7 with WLM 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726). When I create a new mail message, I get an error "Unable to create this stationery". The new message window open fine, with no stationery showing. After I send the message, I check the Sent message and it has the stationery I use showing in it. If I send the message to myself, the message also has the stationery I use showing in it. -- The Software Tailor Las Vegas USA ...

Money 2006 error msg when closing
I got a problem which I wish you folks here can point me a direction to get it be repaired: My money 2006 file is approx 60mb now as it first started from money 98. I upgraded the program almost every year (may have skipped either 2001 or 2002, just couldn't for sure). Everything runs fine until today. The problem is that if I was working in the Monthly Report page and wanted to close money program and do the backup (the program is set to backup when it closes), then an error message would immediate pop-up saying that money has encountered an internal problem and needs to close, th...

How to handle errors in EXCEL?
Hi, How should we handle the exceptions/errors in the Excel? I am using the following code, but during running it gave some errors. I wanted that if the error occurs during running, it would be handled automatically. What extra piece of code I add in order to handle the error? Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am getting the error like: a. File not found b. Object required. Regards BENAZIR CODE: Sub ArchivelogChk 'This module checks you are in archivelog mode, and aborts the entire thing 'if not. No point in trying to perform a hot backup unless you are. strFileOut...

Run-time error 4605
I'm getting the following error when I close a Word form: Run-time error 4605 This method or property is not available because the document is a protected document. Thanks for any suggestions! Are there any macros in the document/(template from which it was created)? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Complibr" <Complibr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9951B6E-9511-405E-...

compiler error on c-code with mfc.
fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already included. MFC apps must not #include <windows.h> I have an existing C-based application. I need to add encoder card support to this application. Encoder card Skd is vc++ based. Hence I ported the c-code into VC++. I wrote a class for encoder card (.cpp) and included <afxwin.h>. The class itself compiles fine though when I make a reference of this c++ class in the main (c-code), I get the above error. In the project options, I force a c++ compilation by /TP. If I dont force /TP, I get the following error, fatal error C1189: #error ...

Unhandled Error in CRM V3
Hi, I receive the error "Server Error in'/' Application" when I open CRM in the IE. The left navigation area is visible. The error message appears in the frame in with e.g. the activities are shown. How can I solve this problem? How can I get the source for this problem? Do I have to repair the CRM server? Christian The fact that the left nav area shows up and the error is on the right side indicates the web site isn't talking to the database correctly. What does the rest of the error message say, and what does the screen show if you have dev errors turned off?...

Outlook 2003 error message #9
I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it an error message appears. C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR LOADED I tried detect and repair and that did not help. PLEASE, I need help "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:9BAE4F59-FED8-499B-99DE-6A4A0536423F@microsoft.com... >I just loaded Office Outlook 2003. Operating system XP. When I open it = an=20 > error message appears. > C:\PROGRA~1\HOTBAR\bin\451~1.0\SBOLExt.dll COULD NOT BE INSTALLED OR = LOADED > I tried detect and re...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

How can I generate a user friendly error message when validating XML against a schema?
Hello When validating xml against a schema, the most frequent error I get is something like "The 'FOO' attribute has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at , (25, 913)". That error message is not very user friendly, so I'd like to extract the data in the failing node along with its parent node data, and show that to the user. Do you know a way to do this? I don't think there's any other information about the error position than the line number and position. Yes, line number and position is the only information that you have to...

Corrupt hidden object in Inbox prevents Activesync to WM5 with 86000108 error?
I have an Exchange 2003sp2 and a Windows Mobile 5 device (Treo 750w) and I am having trouble synching my Inbox, getting the famous error: "Activesync encountered a problem on this server. Support Code:86000108" Calendar, contacts and tasks are synched without a problem, and when I change the settings to exclude the inbox, I do not recieve an error. After going through quite a few troubleshooting attempts, I think I may have a problem with an object in my Inbox that Activesync is choking on. But, even after emptying the Inbox of all content that I can see, I'm still ...

"can not create " error message
We have been experiencing this error message on terminal server 2003. This is never being a problem on windows 2000 server but since we have upgrade the system this has started. microsoft has give a solution KB 305982. It works but problem reoccurs ever now and then. Please help to resolve this problem ...

Filtered Mode Copying and pasting as value yield as error?
Dear All, While in filtered mode copying cell that consists formula and converting them into values yield as following error. Copy and paste area are not same so error. Is there any code or macro that can convert the cell consisting formula into value. Note:- The cell is in Filtered mode. Please assist? Rgds, Alighak06 I had the same problem and this macro worked for me, Range("------:------").Select Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select Selection.Copy Range("------").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, O...

UNICODE error
hi all, vc++ 6.0, win xp i am building a project with _UNICODE and UNICODE included in my preprocessor definitions under project setting. however, i got compilation error when i tried to called a function which accepts UNICODE string as parameters: here's my code: ------------------------------------------------------ CString sXslHeader ( _T("xml-stylesheet") ); m_pContHandler->processingInstruction( sXslHeader, wcslen( m_sXslHeader ), sXslHeaderParam.GetBuffer(sXslHeaderParam.GetLength()), ...

Synchronizing Error [8004010F-501-8004010F-0]
When synchronizing Outlook 2003 only when Outlook opens, some users are receiving the following error in their Sync Issues folders: 10:01:56 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 10:01:56 Synchronizing Mailbox 'username' 10:01:56 Synchronizing Hierarchy 10:01:57 Error synchronizing folder 10:01:57 [8004010F-501-8004010F-0] 10:01:57 The client operation failed. 10:01:57 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 10:01:57 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 10:01:57 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

POPUP Window Not On Top
Is there anyway to have a form be presented in a pop-up and centralized style, in other words, not maximized, but not to remain on TOP of others when lost focus, instead of being minimized? -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! "Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AA51E64-EC97-4973-8DF4-C6CC217261E2@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to have a form be presented in a pop-up and centralized > style, in other words, not maximized, but not to remain on TOP of others > when > lost focus, instead of being m...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

The 101 ROMANTIC SECRETS and TECHNICS
The 101 ROMANTIC SECRETS and TECHNICS This SECRETS and TECHNICS are right for you if: 1. How to try to get a person you want, 2. To make your partner love you more an more. If you want to know this 101 Romatic SECRETS, so you can get it per Paypal at: luxusbook@yahoo.de for only 9,99 US-Dollar / 7,99 EURO / 5,99 British Pounds (because of currencies, for fair prices) After payment you get the secrets per mail fast. You never will miss it BE (ONE OF) THE FIRST and better don�t telle it your neighbour (also it is better to know more than an another...) the week-end is coming... If y...

Error on server 2003 with EasyPDF
I am getting a random error that stops the pdf program on our server. Has anyone else had this issue? Run-time error ‘91’ object variable or With block variable not set ...

This action is only valid for products that are currently installed
I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. When ever I try to open a JPG attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed". I have tried "repairing" Office, and tried reinstalling the various filters and file formats, to no avail. Any ideas? -- Tim. Tim Munro <Excelsior@Liamtoh.moc> wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 in Corporate mode. Outlook 2003 doesn't have modes. > When ever I try to open a JPG > attachment, I get the error "This action is only valid for products > that are currently installed&...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Trouble Displaying a Non-Contiguous Data Range
I'm having trouble creating a chart that shows days off that individual employees are taking for a particular month. I can create an underlying data table, but I'm unable to create a chart based on the data. I'd like the chart to look something like this with days of the particular month on the Y axis and the names of the people on the X axis: Month of July 31 30 29 28 .. .. 5 .. .. 1 Sue Mary ..... Tom I'm having trouble displaying a non-contiguous data range for a particular person (x value). If Sue were to take off, for exam...

Is it possible to setup a self-updating master list?
I want to setup a master data spread sheet that will update automatically from data entered in muliple other sheets. Bassically if I enter data additional data into the existing sheets that data would automatically appear in the Master data sheet. Does Anyone have any answers? mbh: You might try using either VLOOKUP formulas or linking the main tab with the others. Could you be more specific or post an example spreadsheet with what you are trying to do? -- cparaske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum...