Invoke Web Service using a Client Application

Hi,
I have a web serivce created that contains several methods that are
NON-PRIMITIVE types - meaning I cannot test it directly from the browser. So,
I thought of devloping a client application in .NET that can submit the XML
request and receive the response.

I created the application and it works; but the problem is, the user have to
frame the XML each time as TEXT (build the XML) and then submit it which
takes a long time. Is there a way that given the web service and the method,
a windows form  with controls dynamically be created based on the types?.
These controls will basically form as placeholders so that the user can
simply type in the required values and submit the XML request?.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Ganesh

Ganesh Muthuvelu wrote:

> I have a web serivce created that contains several methods that are
> NON-PRIMITIVE types - meaning I cannot test it directly from the browser. So,
> I thought of devloping a client application in .NET that can submit the XML
> request and receive the response.
>
> I created the application and it works; but the problem is, the user have to
> frame the XML each time as TEXT (build the XML) and then submit it which
> takes a long time.

I am not sure why you work with raw XML at all. If you build a web
service with .NET (or other frameworks to write web services) then it
exposes its description as a WSDL document and the .NET framework has a
tool named wsdl.exe so that you can read the WSDL document and
automatically create the source code of a web service client proxy class
that exposes methods with .NET types, not with any XML. You can then use
that client proxy class in your applications to make calls to the web
service and receive the result, all abstracted away from SOAP but with
..NET types and objects. Instead of using wsdl.exe as a tool yourself you
can also simply add a reference to the wsdl file in your Visual Studio
project.
Of course that does not give you a form to fill in the data, I could
imagine there are tools for that too but I don't think the .NET
framework has that built in.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

Exchange Services group
While in OWA, I was able to look at my mail thru the net. I then typed in another users login and was able to get into their email without being prompted for a password. At first I thought we had a major security problem. I then asked some other people in my department if they could do the same but they were prompted for passwords. In researching this, I found that myself and two other people were a part of the Exchange Services group. When I took one person out of this group, they were not able to get into other peoples email thru webmail. My mgr is in a frenzy now. She doesn...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

Closing application
We have a networked Access database used by approx. 50 users in various locations. Is there a way via code or otherwise to close everyone out and quit them from the application when we need exclusive access to make updates and changes? ...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Force Service Start-up...
I have a small network with Active Directory Installed. The AD Domain is controlled by Win2003 Servers. I have a member server which is Win 2008 (R1) server. The central database for Sage's Simply Accounting is installed on this server. One of Sage's peculiarities is the "Connection Manager". This is installed on the server as a "service". And the start-up is "automatic". The problem is that when the server reboots, this installed service *does not start". It will not start unless you either launch Simply Accounting on the server, or unles...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

How to use AjaxToolKit in asp.net for DHTML Editor
Dear Sir/Madam Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7ac633e9-2cbd-4417-9b4e-363a9b5b3e74@d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. http://tinyurl.com/ybfuqo8 ...

Using the classes created with xsd.exe
I have created classes from several xsd files. These files create about 150 classes and spot checking them they do represent types in the xsd files. the question is how do I use these files. How do I load data into them and create xml from them. Is there some articles about this subject. Thank you, -- Jerry Hi Jerry, As for the classes you've generated, are they normal classes or dataset classes? As for the normal classes you generated through xsd.exe, you can use XML serialization to convert those class instances into XML content or deserialize the XML content back into objec...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

Reminders coming back after offline use
I have a user who uses Outlook on his laptop, but when he is out of the office he accesses mail through OWA. Every time he comes back in the office he says he gets inundated with old reminders popping up. And when you click on "Dismiss" you get an error that says, "conflicting edits have been made to the same item..." and there are duplicates of the event. I looked at this today and noticed that there is an event with the original date and the duplicate was showing a last-edited date of last Thursday. I asked if anything unusual happened last Thursday and he said he pro...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...

Using MFC dll from non-MFC application
I have been struggling several weeks with this problem. I need to call an MFC dll from a non-MFC application. The MFC dll was originally a working MFC program that I conveted to a dll. The dll works fine except that it crashes when I exit. Can anyone provide me with some snippets of working code showing how you did this? An example of the calling code, the CWinApp (or at least the InitInstance) and the hook function would be great. I have read several times that this should be easy to do, so I am probably just missing a simple line somewhere. The way I created my dll is to use to ...

access application
what are the applications of Microsoft Access ...

CRM 4.0
Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These ar...

Update Sales Item through Web Service
I'm using the web service to create and update data within Great Plains. And i can create a sales item, but is it possible to use it to update a sales item? Say the description changes. Can I do an update using the webservice? ...

SQL 2005 Express
The New SQL Server Management Studio Express (that comes with SQL 2005 Express) is excellent and a huge improvement over MSDE tools we've had to use in the past. However, the lack of an import tool (SQL Server Integration Services) limits our capabilities with larger RMS customers who need, for example, to update thousands of item costs throughout the year. SSIS Express or at least an Import feature would help us create a 'dynamic' (yes, I said it) solution for our customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestio...

Run-Time Error 3070 when using FindFirst
I have two forms, one with summary data and one showing the full record. I am trying to open the full record, by double clicking on the summary record. Both forms use the same record set. Whe I do a debugm the "me.ConId" gives the right value. The error says that the that MS Access does not recognise "ContactId" as a valid fieldname. ConId is an alais of ContactId and formated as an integer I have checked the groups for this error, but only found solutions for text related data. Not sure if it applies to number dat. The code used is as follows:- Private Sub ConId_Db...

Open Excel from a VB6 application then use "Find and Replace" form
Hi all, I need to open Excel from an VB6 application and run the "Find and Replace" form using a value that the VB application has it. I like the "Find and Replace" form better that using regular code because it has an window that opens and shows what are the search results. Any suggestion is welcome!!! You can use the standard built in dialog like this Sub test() Set FindDialog = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind) Results = FindDialog.Show ' results is a boolean MyResults = ActiveCell.Value End Sub I've never been able to figure...

Invalid memory access using regsvr32.exe
Hi, I am using Win2000 with SP4. I am registering an OCX through regsvr32.exe. It is showing an error. LoadLibrary Failed - Invalid Access to Memory Location. This is error is coming when I am building my project after this popup OCX is registered. Regards, Vibhor Mahajan To debug this, under VS, set a breakpoint in your DLL at the entry point where registration is done, and at DllMain, then set the application you are running to be regsvr32 and the command line to be the arguments you provide to regsvr32 (it has been long enough that I have forgotten them). Then debug as usual. In my c...