howto: convert from xml to text ?

Hi,

If anyone knows how to convert a input xml (getting from a url querry)
and convert it into a flat, csv text file ??

Thanks,

Gopi

0
vgopinath (2)

hmm... but can you point some examples...??

Thanks,

Gopi

"Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This can be done using XSLT.
>

> =====
> Cheers,
>
> Dimitre Novatchev.
> http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/ -- the home of FXSL
>

> "Gopinath Varadharajan" <vgopinath@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > If anyone knows how to convert a input xml (getting from a url querry)
> > and convert it into a flat, csv text file ??
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gopi

0
vgopinath (2)

scroll bars in a text box
Hello all, I have a short question. I have a form based on an imported from Excel table. The forms controls that are created on text fields are giving me scroll bars. Don't want them. How do I shut them off? Thanks. Joe Go Sox!! In news:6AE9346D-C546-416E-852D-DB02453C94FB@microsoft.com, Joe C <JoeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > I have a short question. I have a form based on an imported from Excel > table. The forms controls that are created on text fields are giving > me scroll bars. Don't want them. How do I shut them off? Open the f...

Implement sorting in an XML file?
Hi all, I am confused about how to sort an XML file. I mean how to *actually* sort the data in the physical file, not how to display sorted data. I am using a large XML file as a back-end database, and am making many inserts and updates using the XmlDocument class. But I need to make the XML file human readable too, and want to physically sort the data in the file, every time an insert is made. At present I'm having to use a tool like Stylus Studio to manually sort the data. Is there a way to do it programmatically ? My XML file is something like : <BOOKDATA> <BOOK> <NA...

import multiple text files at once
Hi, I have got 37 text files from a datalogger which I want to import into an excel sheet. They are tab delimited files. Is there a way to automatically import all files and in a way that each of the imported files comes in another sheet in the workbook. Remco Remco, If you have Excel 2002, you can set up queries using Data - Get External Data - Import. You'll have to do this for each file. If you want to go through the files automatically (without having to once set up a query for each), I think you'll have to write a macro. The queries can be set to automatically refresh eac...

Publisher to PDF converter and hyperlinks
Hi, can anyone recommend a free converter to convert a publisher file into PDF (i only have Adobe Reader installed on my computer). Also, will the converter carry over hyperlinks placed in the Publisher document? Thanks. spike04 wrote: > Hi, can anyone recommend a free converter to convert a publisher file > into PDF (i only have Adobe Reader installed on my computer). Also, > will the converter carry over hyperlinks placed in the Publisher > document? Thanks. ============================== If you are running Publisher 2007... download the following add-in: 2007 Microsoft Offic...

Excel Convert text to Number
Hi, I need help on how to automate the conversion of a range of Excel cells from text to numbers. I'm using Excel 2007 to test, VB.NET 2005 and Excel 9.0 Object lib. I've read some rows of data into an array and I set my Excel Range = to the array which copies everything in quickly which is what I want. Cell by cell is very slow with a hi number of records. Everything is fine, except the cells with numbers were copied as text and those cells have warning flags in the corner with the first 2 options in the dropdown being: "Number Stored As Text" and Convert ...

Retrieving Outlook Message Text
Access Group: I would like to be able to read the text from a select Email Address in Outlook and insert the message text into a Memo field. I can think of two ways to accomplish this: 1) Have outlook create a text version of the message in a defined directory each time an email is received in that account. I will then have Access look for any new files (DIR command) and then read the text file, insert the text into a MEMO field, and I'm good to go. 2) Include the Outlook library in References, and then use Outlooks's VBA specific objects to read a specific account...

Mail message texts missing
For some reason all text from all of my mail messages are missing. The only way I can read my mail messages is by saving them as *.txt files. I have relatively new XP version (got a new computer few weeks ago). The mail messages were readable at first, but then I downloaded some Windows update last week and I believe this has caused the problem. How could I fix this? Sanna <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason all text from all of my mail messages are > missing. The only way I can read my mail messages is by > saving them as *.txt files. I ...

Modifying XML
I'm modifying an app in VB in VStudio2008. My objective is to make multiple copies of an XML document, with a few attributes (or nodes) changed, for use as test cases. I have this data to start with: * the XML document (a string that can be loaded into XML) * an XPath to each of the things I want to change, including the key variables in case they are in a collection of nodes that have the same basic path * the set of new values to give each of these attributes/nodes in each test case I can readily use the XPaths to find the existing values of the various attributes or nodes i...

XslTransform is not matching node when source XML contains an xmlns attribute
I am trying to transform XML to XML using an XSLT in C#, but the root node of my XML is not being matched by the XSLT if it has an xmlns attribute. Am I handling my namespaces incorrectly? My C# code is, // Create an XSLT transform object XslTransform xslTransform = new XslTransform(); // Load the stylesheet xslTransform.Load(xsltFilename); // Create a new XPathDocument and load the XML data to be transformed. // (string xmlString contains the XML below) XPathDocument xPathDocument = new XPathDocument(xmlString); // Create a MemoryStream to receive the data MemoryStream transformedXmlS...

Visual Studio 2005 and XML Data view
I remember that in 2003 there used to be a view where you could see your XML file as a table. Where did the "Data view" went in VS 2005? <hugo.flores@ge.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1142282671.888212.144480@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I remember that in 2003 there used to be a view where you could see > your XML file as a table. > Where did the "Data view" went in VS 2005? > right clic - open with... - Source code (text editor) <hugo.flores@ge.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1142282671.888212.144480@z34g2000cwc.googlegrou...

text stretching
I have a paragraph that I want to be justified, but not by just spacing the letters apart; rather do it by stretching the font to fit the space. I could do it with my old Publisher, but when I updated to 2003, I can only find a place to stretch where it makes me choose a percentage applied to the whole paragragh...doesn't work...makes some lines jump to the next line, etc Not sure I know what you mean. I've never experienced being able to stretch text. You can use character spacing on a one word at a time basis. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Email Text in Reports
Does anyone know how I can get the Email Text (Activity Description for an Email) to display nicely in a Report or Advanced Find? As it is currently (with all the HTML tags) it is totaly useless. I saw a "suggestion" posted from 2006 to which Microsoft replied that they would look into it, but I am running CRM 4.0 and I can't seem to find that setting. Thanks. Hi, Unfortunately that feature didn't make it into CRM 4.0. What you can do, is to create a new attribute on the email entity and using a callout populate that field with the same value as the body text, but t...

XML Receipt format for online orders
Does anyone have the programming for the xml receipt that RMS needs when downloading orders? We already have our own webstore, and would like the orders to be downloadable directly into RMS. Thanks, Nick Here is a sample from MicroSoft: Good luck, Moe XML Sample of Downloaded Order The following XML text is a sample of a downloaded order from Yahoo Store. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <!DOCTYPE OrderList (View Source for full doctype...)> <OrderList StoreAccountName="smspos"> <Order currency="USD" id="smspos...

Auto-Fill Text box on form
I am using Windows XP and Access 2000. My apologies for the length. This database is used to deliver training. I have 5 tables 'TrainingWaiting', 'TrainingSchedule', 'TrainingDuration', 'TrainingCourses', and 'TrainingTrainers'. The field 'Course' in the table 'TrainingWaiting' holds the unique value of the ID field in the table 'TrainingSchedule'. There is a one-to-many relationship between the ID field in 'TrainingSchedule' and the field 'Course' in the table 'TrainingWaiting'. I us...

Outlook 2003 save messages as a text file error
In Outlook XP one could highlight all messages and the use the SAVE AS command to save all the messages to a text file with all header and body information. In Outlook 2003 I attempted the same procedure but it only saves the header information. I tried exporting the file but there isn't an option to extract the date information (important for me)... Anyone have any suggestion on how to do this?? ...

DateTime format from XML in ADO.NET #2
Hi Group, I would like to have "dd-MM-yyyy" in my XML datatime fields, but I am getting 2005-02-25T00:00:00. Is there an trick to DataSet.WriteXMl that creates the wanted format? Greetings, Paul Paul Boon wrote: > I would like to have "dd-MM-yyyy" in my XML datatime fields, but I am > getting 2005-02-25T00:00:00. Why would you want that? The format is standardized so that other XML tools understand it. If you need a different format in a final output representation then do that by processing the XML but for data exchange you should use the standard form...

Does anyone know how to convert UPC's?
I have a bunch of UPC's listed individually down a column in my excel document, but they are in formats such as "0-2115-0296-2-9", does anyone know a way; whether a function or otherwise, to convert it into a number such as 02115029629. We have a business application that cannot read the UPC with the hyphens in there, only as a full number. Why don't you select the column, then Ctrl+H to Find and Replace. Put a dash in the Find what, and don't put anything in the Replace box. Hit replace all. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "threee11" <...

Converting a file Money 2001 --> Money 2005 Help!!
Hi, I've downloaded the trial for Money 2005 Deluxe. I was previously using Money 2001 (standard). I get an error --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I've tried renaming the file and opening as someone suggested on the group somewhere which I couldn't get to work. So I downloaded the 2004 trial and converted it to 2004 which worked ok. I then tried to upgrade my new 2004 file to 2005 which failed again....

Static control text
Hi, I have pasted a static control on a dialog box, and through Class Wizard i created a class memeber of IDC_STATIC of variable m_eth of type CString, how to change the text at runtime, of the static control. hi assign the string to m_eth call UpdateData() sreeram "Irfan Ahmed" <iahmed@isf.com.pk> wrote in message news:u4by3DfRDHA.2768@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have pasted a static control on a dialog box, and through Class Wizard > i created a class memeber of IDC_STATIC of variable m_eth of type CString, > how to change the text at run...

Combo Box Text
In a combo box based on a Table/Query how can I display something like "Plase make a selection" as opposed to the cbo being blank prior to making a selection? Thanks, James On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 06:47:01 -0500, "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote: If you're doing Table/Query all the data has to come from a query. So I create a new table (say tblMakeSelection) with one row in it: -1, "Please make a selection" and then I use a union query: select CompanyID, CompanyName from tblCompanies union select ID, Description from tblMak...

Publisher 2000
Does anyone know how to permanently set the font of a publisher text box to Arial 11? Whenever I create a new Publisher document and enter a text box it comes out as Times New Roman 10. I can set it so that it changes to Arial 11 (when I'm creating the first text box or via styles), but it's a pain to have to keep doing this within every new document. Please help - this is driving me nuts!! Panda. On 7/24/03 6:54 AM, in article 12fa01c351d1$ecc8c060$a101280a@phx.gbl, "Amanda" <amorgan123@supanet.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to permanently set the fon...

Selecting and dragging text within Excel 2007
I'm having difficulty selecting and dragging portions of text within a cell to another with my mouse. I think I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003 - but can't now. Any ideas? You never did this in Excel 2003 unless I am misinterpreting. You want to select part of a string in a cell and drag it to another cell? Cut and paste, copy and paste........drag, no. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:55:15 -0800, Kunyi <Kunyi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm having difficulty selecting and dragging portions of text within a cell ...

Find and replace deleting the rest of the text
I am using Microsoft Publisher for coupons and they are dated and numbered. My problem is that when I use the Find and Replace option to change The month/year, it deletes the rest of the coupon. I have no idea what "protection" was deleted and need to know if there's a remedy to update all the couponsat once instead of having to update each one individually. What version Publisher? What template are you using? Are you using a merge? Can you change the information before you merge without the deletion? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.m...

Join text
Ok. I will try to explain. I want to join text from several cells and I'm using a function "Sammafoga(A1;a2;a3)" But I want the text to be formatted in the recevied cell, i.e. font size from A1 shall be 18, a2 italic and a3 normal. How do I do that? tnx for your answer Robert -- Robert57 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Robert57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29838 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495454 First copy the result of the formula and paste...

Comment Text
Hi Have Vista and Excel 2007 - it seems can no longer change colour of font in comments - any help would be appreciated xJane Hi To do that right click the cell, select Edit comments, then select the text part (or whole text). From the ribbon in Cell group select Format and then Format comments. Regards Igor Muryjas "jwfothergill" <jwfothergill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E48833E0-E39C-49E0-929E-74A451122FB1@microsoft.com... > Hi > Have Vista and Excel 2007 - it seems can no longer change colour of font > in > comments - any help would ...