How to specify the url for a server on local network for POST meth

Hi,

I am using MSXML in my device driver for sending XML commands to the device
acting as server. This device is connected to my local network.

How do I specify the url for POST method in the open request. Presently I am
using something like following:

pIXMLHTTPRequest->open("POST", "http://10.116.26.155", false);

where '10.116.26.155' is the IP of the device on the local network.

Is this the write way of doing it? If not, how do I achieve the purpose?

Your guidance on this would be gratefully acknowledged

0
ASWip (2)

ASWip wrote:

> I am using MSXML in my device driver for sending XML commands to the device
> acting as server. This device is connected to my local network.
>
> How do I specify the url for POST method in the open request. Presently I am
> using something like following:
>
> pIXMLHTTPRequest->open("POST", "http://10.116.26.155", false);
>
> where '10.116.26.155' is the IP of the device on the local network.

You need at least
   "http://10.116.26.155/"
assuming that is mapped to some server-side URL to receive POST request.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Outgoing Email Server
In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the adress to which the original message was sent. micah356 wrote: > In outlook, is it possible to send all messages from one server? It > appears that currently the mail is sent using the server for the > adress to which the original message was sent. Why not set the SMTP server for all your e-mail accounts identically - use the same server for all of them? ...

Symantec Gateway Security 360 with Win2000/Exchange Server
Exchange Server was not changed Windows 2000 Small Business Server was not changed New Cisco 1841 Router New Symantec Gateway Security 360. All outbound email is functioning properly except email sent to a few domains, ie: AOL. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: XXXXXXXXXX Sent: 2/17/07 12:06 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxxxxxxxx@aol.com on 2/19/07 12:18 PM Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername.com #4.4.7> any ideas of how the SGS-360 needs ...

Why cannot copy autorun.inf across network drive
I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. "Access is denied" I wonder why ? Thanks "dingdongdingding" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:54c040ef-d6e7-4e82-9727-5260929a8e35@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another > PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. > "Access is denied" I wonder why ? One solution (among many): ...

URL within email
I wish to be able to send an e mail with an active URL so that when the recipient recieves e mail they are taken to the web address once it is clicked. Currently I get an error message unable to open Http://*****.co.uk cannot locate internet sever. Helpfull information appreciated ...

Posting Date used in Revenue Expense Deferral
I have a PM Invoice with Document Date 16/11/2009 and Posting Date of 01/12/2009. Entered Deferral details starting 01/12/2009. In GL the deferral charges commence 01/12/2009 and are all as expected. The Credit entry for the full invoice is posted to GL with posting date of 01/12/2009. The problem I have is that the Debit entry for the full invoice amount is posted to the document date of 16/11/2009 and I want it to be the same as the invoice posting date (01/12/2009) Is there a way to do this? Thanks Audrey ...

How to output file to remote server via Out-File -filepath
I am using Invoke-Sqlcmd from SQLPS to execute a stored proc, and want to output a log to a path on the remote server that I get earlier in my script. So first I get the path by querying a table, and capture it in a $Path variable: $Path=Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "select value from MyTable where name = 'Path';" -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Servername" I then try to execute my stored proc, and put the output to the path I got earlier: Invoke-Sqlcmd -Query "EXEC MyStoredProc;" -QueryTimeout 65534 -Database MyDB -ServerInstance "$Serve...

Mail Delivery Locally Between Two Exchange servers Locally
Hi, 1) I have two Exchange servers hosting Exchange 2000, Exchange 2003 in the same subnet. 2) two domains are different from each other (DmainA.com.sg, DonainB.com.sg). 3) When these exchange servers send mails, it will go through the SMTP of its own. 4) when DomainA send mail to DomainB or viseversa it will go through the SMTP which results slow delivery of mail. Q:- 1) is there any way i can configure these servers to deliver mail to each other directly. 2) on Exchange 2000 any mail for DomainB must go through any conector,deliver directly or smar...

Decommission mail server
I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and one edge. I have moved all mailboxes to the newer mailbox server and have no public folders which I have created on either server. The Default Public Folder database is pointing to the newer mailbox server on all mail databases. I want to decommission the older mailserver and was wondering what steps need to be taken in regards to public folder databases. On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:00:02 -0700, Maav <marc@lrsddotnet.donotspam> wrote: >I currently have 2 E2K7 mailbox servers. I have 2 Cas/hub servers and o...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

How do I specify an address when using "ActiveDocument.SendMail"
Hi Here is my code: If Not IsNull(([Forms]![Process Bookings]![Booking Form].Form.Email)) Then Options.SendMailAttach = True objWord.ActiveDocument.SendMail How do I specify the recipients address? Stapes ...

Changing URL from Ticker Symbol
Many of partners in Japan want to changing URL from Ticker Symbol in order to jump to a web site in Japan instead of http://moneycentral.msn.com/ . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

Threads in Posting
Hey Guys, Not trying to flame, but.... Do you think you could thread replies rather than posting them as new posts? It would make it so much easier to follow what's going on. Thanks. That's usually a feature controlled by your newsreader. In WLM the setting is View > View by conversation. You should have something similar in Agent Forte. -- Google is your friend..... <James@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:bt7rs59p1rk647rh8u3gdn2o1nhg2a6s4c@4ax.com... > Hey Guys, > > Not trying to flame, but.... > > Do you think you could thread...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

Exchange 2003 server outgoing mail queue clogging DSL Line
Hello everyone - I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find a good solution to this problem: I'm a network administrator and support several small business, many of which are about 20 users. We usually have only one SBS Server. The problem that I have is that once in a while I'll get a user on the network who abuses the system and mass mails people (about 20 at a time for example) an e-mail with a large attachment (Like 10 MB for example). Typically my clients are on a business class DSL line which is 256 Mbps up / 4 Mbps down. When I catch these servers with many m...

Outlook 2003 can not connect to Exchange 2003 server through VPN
Hi, We have a Exchange 2003 server running on windows 2000 server. Everything is working fine (Outlook client, OWA) for LAN. The server has two NIC, one connect to LAN, another one connect to firewall with different subnet. I can ping both NIC after I established VPN connection from outside internet, also can open OWA using both NIC ip address. I updated "hosts" file on remote computer for the exchange server name and ip address translation. But, When I setup exchange server in outlook 2003 on the remote computer, type in the exchange server name and user name(User account is al...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Exchange 2k3 backup
Finally decided to really learn Exchange... someone else migrated the Exchange server from SBS to Exchange Enterprise 2k3... I've never really rolled up my sleeves in learning it in-depth so I've decided to set up a new server and install the Exchange 2k3 as a backup. Since I'm a relatively newbie to Exchange, can someone point me in the right direction to follow so that I can duplicate our live Exchange server onto a backup box? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Thanks, R Green your only options for a "backup" box are to use some version of clustering, or to use a 3r...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

Emails saved to network drive
Hello, Our AR dept is saving hundreds of emails as .msg on a shared network drive. These emails contain .xls attachments that we would like to batch print without having to open each file and each attachment and click print. I have some vba code from a prior thread that will work within Outlook but don't know how to get all these .msg into my inbox. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance :) Cathy You can open an *.msg file with the CreateItemFromTemplate function. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://...

List records that do not include specified value
I have a very basic select query that list all the records from a table SELECT tbl_cngu.cngu_no, tbl_cngu_recalls.recall_no FROM tbl_cngu LEFT JOIN tbl_cngu_recalls ON tbl_cngu.cngu_no = tbl_cngu_recalls.cngu_no ORDER BY tbl_cngu.cngu_no, tbl_cngu_recalls.recall_no DESC; Now I need to apply a twist and do no know how. The [recall_no] field is a numeric field 1,2,3,4,5,... and what I would like to do is supply the query with a [recall_no] value and have the query return those records for which there is no such [recall_no] for a each given [cngu_no]. How would I do this? T...

Replicating exchange server
I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server . I am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration that would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I should be aware of. this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies', NeverFail; there are a few out there... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B285F554-A6C2-43BA-90B6-D0C465D77459@micro...

Running File Based Anti-Virus software on an Exchange server
We have an Server 2003/Exchange 2003 box for mail processing only. We also run on that machine a file-based antivirus solution to protect the non-mail directories from virus'. I recently read that microsoft does nto recommend doing this. We don't exclude any directories at this point, though I am considering excluding the mail/iis directories from scanning. I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's site about this. Any one hear of this or have experience with this? Thanx! This link explains what to exclude: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823166&a...

How can I remove a network connection/workgroup in Win 7?
Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and McAfee antivirus. After I connected the laptop to the local network (don't remember if I created a network connection in Win 7 in the laptop or .), the desktop running Win XP Pro, SP 3 lost access to the workgroup (doesn't find even itself on the workgroup/LAN, while Internet works fine). After some struggle I found that McAfee has a feature that excludes PC:s not having McAfee installed on them! Now to my question: Can McAfee really change settings on other PC:s (?), so that the desktop...