How to override the default NameSpace when deserializing an xml file

Hi all.

In my company we have a webservice that exposes an OBJECT, the company that
made the webservice gave us the object dll so that we can have there
functionallity (lots of logic).

As a part of some changes we made we wanted to remopve the constrain of the
dll they gave us, so we started using the class exposed by the webservice
and created a special class that will have the functinallity needed for that
object.

The problem is that the object recieved from some queried to the webservice
was saved to a private xml file and is need to be deserialized later on...
Now that we have started using the class exposed by the webservice the
serialized version of it includes the URI (XMLNS) while the dll doesnt have
the URI serialized - This means that when i try to deserialized the old xml
file with the new object from the webservice i get many elements that are
null because the deserializer dont see the namespace and thus dont
understand that the element is the element needed.

What can i do in this situation?

Thank you very much

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

PNG files not displayed
Help! I have a problem where PNG files I insert into Publisher aren't correctly displayed. The image place-holder is visible, but no image. Other graphics file-types are fine, but not PNG's. Another user with identical hardware and software can view the same PNG's without problems. I've tried resintalling Office and service packs with no success. However, when printing the publication, the PNG graphics are produced with no problems. I'm running Office 2003 sp 1. Thanks in advance! Casey. Casey <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...

outlook adreddbook file
I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? Outlook has no separate "address book file." Contact data is stored in your Contacts Folder Use the Export Wizard to export it to the format that best suits your needs. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Helpneeded" <derontayp@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e01c3af79$7d94e740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be > uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
Hi; One of our customers is getting the following error in our software. This occurs in our code when we try to open and read it using the .NET XML classes. For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the ProhibitD... (Sorry, the rest of the rrror message is cut off in the screen shot they sent us.) What's going on here and what do we do to make this work? thanks - dave david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com me -- http://dave.thielen.com Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.ht...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Inventory Integration and Purchasing Default U of M
Hello everyone, I don't know if it's just me who does not know about the right way to map my information or if there is actually a problem but I am assuming that there is probably someone here that is going to be able to answer me on that one. I am having a problem with the integration of inventory information. I am on version 8 and try to import into Great Plains a list of items. Everything is importing very well except that I can't find where I map the Purchasing Default Unit of measure. Is the title of the field different in Integration Manager or is it just not there? Than...

Open excel file
Hi, I want to open excel file using a commnad button placed in a form. I have read the other questions to this to use runapplication. But, what I am looking for is as follows: i have tax database which contain the taxpayer name, taxyear and the Taxid number. I have placed this table in a form. The tax caluclations are made in excel and stored in a particular folder say named, Tax_comp and with filenames Taxpayer_year.xlsx. I want to place a command button on the form, and when the user clicks the command button, i want the particular tax payer excel tax computation file sto...

File folder info. in Excel workbook?
Good day all. Excel 2007. XP Pro. Is there a way to have all available excel files in a particular folder listed (updated in real time) in an excel spreadsheet where the user can click on one or more of them to open those files or at least retrieve specific data from them? I have a situation where files representing cost centres and each month of the year need to present data into a worksheet used for reporting purposes. So potentially 5 x 12 = 60 files. But these are only created as the months pass. so at the end of month1 there would only be the 5 files, month 2 there would be...

Public folder default display
Hi, I have an Exchange server 5.5 and I make some forms used by the clients to publish information in public folders. My problem is : How create a default display (server side) for a public folder used by Outlook clients. In my case I want a chronology display. Thank you Michel ...

Publisher cannot save file???
I am working on a brochure in Publisher. I have tried to save and received the message "Publisher cannot save file". Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated. Carrie No other wording? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0E3E735-A56A-4D5C-A33E-E89716AA475C@microsoft.com... >I am working on a brochure in Publisher. I have tried to save and received > the message "Publisher cannot save file". Any direction or help would be > greatly appreciated. > >...